|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Achilles tells Patroclus that he is not fighting because of what?
(a) He does not want to die.
(b) Agamemnon's actions in the matter of Briseis.
(c) The prophecy Kalchas made.
(d) The prophecy his mother told him.
2. What does Zeus forbid the other gods to do after he tells them his plan?
(a) From accepting sacrifices from the mortals on either side.
(b) From visiting the mortals on either side.
(c) From talking about his plans to the mortals on either side.
(d) From helping the mortals on either side.
3. Ajax wounds Hector with what?
(a) An arrow.
(b) A large stone.
(c) A spear.
(d) A sword.
4. What god or goddess helps the Greeks in Book 4?
5. What are Patroclus' horses doing after Patroclus dies while there is a fight over his body?
(a) Weeping over his death.
(b) Standing guard over Patroclus' body
(c) Running away from the battle.
(d) Getting killed by the Trojans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hector do when the Trojans are forced to retreat?
2. What is one of Achilles' possible destinies?
3. Who stops Achilles from killing Agamemnon?
4. What warning does Athena give Diomedes after she lifts the veil from his eyes?
5. What does Xanthos promise Achilles?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)