|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zeus send as a sign that he has heard Agamemnon when Hector is on the verge of burning the Greek ships?
(a) An eagle carrying an ox.
(b) An eagle carrying a lamb.
(c) An eagle carrying an olive branch.
(d) An eagle carrying a deer.
2. What does Hector do when the Trojans are forced to retreat?
(a) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to pray to the gods.
(b) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to sacrifice to the gods.
(c) Goes into the city and gives a speech to the elders and women.
(d) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to evacuate.
3. What is Diomedes allowed to do to Aphrodite if necessary?
(a) Talk to her.
(b) Warn her away.
(c) Spear her.
(d) Stab her.
4. What is the challenge Paris issues to the Greeks on the battlefield?
(a) For the Greeks to reclaim Helen.
(b) For any Greek warrior to fight him in man-to-man combat.
(c) For any Greek warrior to kill him with an arrow.
(d) For any Greek warrior to steal Helen from him.
5. What advice does Zeus let Athena give to the Greeks after she promises not to interfere?
(a) Give advice to the Greeks to minimize their losses.
(b) Give advice to the Greeks to retrieve Helen.
(c) Give advice to the Greeks on their retreat.
(d) Give advice to the Greeks to maximize their victory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which god or goddess do the Greek spies make an offering to after returning safely to the Greek camp?
2. Who prophesies that the Greeks will win the war against the Trojans in ten years?
3. How many events are there in the funeral games?
4. What do Athena and Poseidon urge Achilles to do after he has angered the river god?
5. Why does Apollo make Achilles chase him all over the plain?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)