|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Pandaros' actions cause more fighting, what are the Greeks and Trojans close to doing?
(a) Ending the war.
(b) Ending the war by trading kings.
(c) Giving each other gold to create a peace.
(d) Creating a truce and returning Helen.
2. Who suggests that Odysseus, Diomedes, and Agamemnon go to the battlefield to be seen and not fight?
(d) Nestor .
3. Who prophesies that the Greeks will win the war against the Trojans in ten years?
4. Why do the men gather down by their vessels at the end of Book 2?
(a) To prove their loyalty.
(b) To get ready to fight.
(c) To stir up the war god.
(d) To go home.
5. What does lifting the veil from Diomedes' eyes allow him to do?
(a) See the gods on Mount Olympus.
(b) See the gods when they are helping the enemy.
(c) See the gods during sacrifices.
(d) See the gods whenever he wants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Athena and Poseidon urge Achilles to do after he has angered the river god?
2. What are the two sides in the war?
3. Agamemnon's offer to Achilles is meant to do what?
4. Who decides the violence should end?
5. Who does Thetis appeal to in order to regain honor to Achilles?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)