|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Agamemnon tell the soldiers that they should give up and go home?
(a) He is telling them his dream.
(b) He is testing their loyalty.
(c) He want. to see who really wants to fight.
(d) He wants them all to go home.
2. After Hector has died, and is being dragged behind Achilles' chariot, who utters a lament for Hector?
3. Where is the eagle injured?
(a) Head and chest.
(b) Chest and neck.
(c) Neck and stomach.
(d) Chest and throat.
4. After Patroclus has been avenged, who appears to Achilles in a dream to remind him of his fate?
5. Why does Hector chastise Paris when he finds Paris with the troops and not preparing to meet his challenger from the Greek army?
(a) For bringing the Trojans to war and being a coward.
(b) For bringing the Trojans to the point of war and his selfishness for stealing another man's wife.
(c) For stealing another man's wife.
(d) For being a coward for not standing up and accepting his challenge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Zeus let Athena give to the Greeks after she promises not to interfere?
2. When do the Trojans finally break through the wall?
3. Which Greek man's death is foretold by Zeus to Hera?
4. Who does Thetis appeal to in order to regain honor to Achilles?
5. Who tells the gods about Zeus' plan?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)