|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Nestor meet with in order to discuss what to do now that they were wounded and could not fight?
(a) Achilles, Diomedes, and Agamemnon.
(b) Agamemnon, Odysseus, and Diomedes.
(c) Agamemnon, Odysseus, and Achilles.
(d) Odysseus, Diomedes, and Achilles.
2. Who is Zeus' wife?
3. Who comes to grieve Patroclus' death with Achilles?
(a) His friends.
(b) His father .
(c) His brother.
(d) His mother.
4. Who does Achilles send to get information on the war?
(b) No one.
5. What does Poulydamas suggest to Hector?
(a) That the men get off their horses to cross the ditch.
(b) That the men build a bridge to cross the ditch.
(c) That the men don't cross the ditch.
(d) That the men climb on their horses' backs to cross the ditch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who intervenes to prevent the soldiers from deserting Agamemnon?
2. Hera injures what god?
3. Why do the men gather down by their vessels at the end of Book 2?
4. What warning does Athena give Diomedes after she lifts the veil from his eyes?
5. Who reminds Achilles that his fate is to die under the Trojan walls?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)