|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paris decide to do to end the fighting?
(a) To give the Greeks gifts.
(b) To return all the possessions he took from the Greeks, along with some gifts.
(c) To give Helen back to the Greeks.
(d) To return all the possessions he took from the Greeks, including Helen.
2. What do Athena and Poseidon urge Achilles to do after he has angered the river god?
(a) Focus on the war.
(b) Focus on pushing the battle to Troy.
(c) Focus on preventing more Greek ships from dying.
(d) Focus on saving the Greek forces.
3. How is Hector inspired in his plan to stop the fighting?
(a) Helenos told him of the gods' plan as a prophecy.
(b) Helenos told him of the gods' plan because he overheard the gods.
(c) Hector prayed about it and was told this was his answer.
(d) Zeus sent it to him in a dream.
4. After Zeus sends the goddess of Hate down to the Greeks, what does he send Iris to tell Hector?
(a) To pull back until Agamemnon asks to talk to Hector.
(b) To pull back until Agamemnon is wounded.
(c) To pull back until Agamemnon is dead.
(d) To pull back until the morning.
5. After Agamemnon offers gifts in repentance to Achilles, where does Achilles tell Agamemnon their attention should be?
(a) On not losing the war.
(b) On killing the Trojans.
(c) On recoving Helen.
(d) On winning the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Patroclus' horses?
2. Who does Zeus send to Achilles with ambrosia?
3. What does Achilles tell his mother he is going to do in response to Patroclus' death?
4. Who does Thetis appeal to in order to regain honor to Achilles?
5. What goddess gives the horses a voice?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)