|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who answers Paris' challenge to the Greeks on the battlefield?
2. Why does Andromache not want Hector to go back to the battle?
(a) She does not want to be a widow and her son an orphan.
(b) She does not want him to kill any more Greeks.
(c) She does not want to live without him.
(d) She wants him to take over for Paris.
3. Who decides the violence should end?
(a) Apollo and Athena.
(b) Ares and Athena.
(c) Apollo and Ares.
4. During the fighting that occurs after the Greeks are driven to their ships by the Trojans, what inspires Menelaus to fight valiantly?
(a) The ability to rescue Helen.
(b) The gods.
(c) The success of other men.
(d) The death of Hector.
5. What objects are sacrificed before the duel in Book 3 between Paris and his competition?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who delivers the news of Patroclus' death to Achilles?
2. Who speaks to the Greek soldiers to convince them to stay and fight when Agamemnon is telling them to go home?
3. What does Paris decide to do to end the fighting?
4. Why does Hector chastise Paris when he finds Paris with the troops and not preparing to meet his challenger from the Greek army?
5. Which two Greeks carry Patroclus's body out of the battlefield and to the ships after Patroclus dies?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)