|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ares?
(a) The god of archers.
(b) The god of war.
(c) The god of horses.
(d) The god of the Greeks.
2. What about Helen angers Aphrodite in Book 3?
(a) That Helen can resist her.
(b) That Helen wants Menelaus.
(c) That Helen doesn't want to go to Paris.
(d) That Helen is unhappy.
3. Why does Agamemnon tell the soldiers that they should give up and go home?
(a) He is testing their loyalty.
(b) He wants them all to go home.
(c) He is telling them his dream.
(d) He want. to see who really wants to fight.
4. When do the Trojans finally break through the wall?
(a) When the wall collapses.
(b) When Hector leads them.
(c) When they see the eagle.
(d) When their horses break it down.
5. What goddess gives the horses a voice?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who opposes the speech which encourages the Greeks to fight after Agamemnon tells them to go home?
2. What does Paris decide to do to end the fighting?
3. Who does Nestor meet with in order to discuss what to do now that they were wounded and could not fight?
4. What do the Trojans do to the Greek ships after Hector has had strength breathed into him by a god?
5. What are Patroclus' horses doing after Patroclus dies while there is a fight over his body?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)