|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Phoenix is what to Achilles?
(a) A family retainer.
(b) A friend.
(c) A brother.
(d) A cousin.
2. After Zeus sends the goddess of Hate down to the Greeks, what does he send Iris to tell Hector?
(a) To pull back until the morning.
(b) To pull back until Agamemnon asks to talk to Hector.
(c) To pull back until Agamemnon is wounded.
(d) To pull back until Agamemnon is dead.
3. Which god or goddess protects Paris during the challenge that he issued to the Greeks on the battlefield?
4. Why does Menelaus think Achilles will not come to fight?
(a) Because Achilles has no armor.
(b) Because Achilles swore not to fight.
(c) Because Achilles is in mourning for Patroclus.
(d) Because Achilles doesn't like Agamemnon.
5. Which Greek man's death is foretold by Zeus to Hera?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the eagle carrying when it appears as a sign as the Trojans are trying to cross the ditch on foot?
2. Hera injures what god?
3. How do Diomedes and Glaukos seal their friendship?
4. After Agamemnon offers gifts in repentance to Achilles, where does Achilles tell Agamemnon their attention should be?
5. Who does Nestor meet with in order to discuss what to do now that they were wounded and could not fight?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)