|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What warning does Athena give Diomedes after she lifts the veil from his eyes?
(a) Not to interfere with the gods.
(b) Not to talk to the gods.
(c) Not to do battle with the immortals.
(d) Not to anger the gods.
2. Who is Zeus' wife?
3. Achilles' mother is the daughter of which god?
4. According to Zeus, who wins the duel between Paris and his Greek competitor on the battlefield?
(b) The Trojans.
(c) The Greeks.
5. How do Diomedes and Glaukos seal their friendship?
(a) By trading armor.
(b) By trading horses.
(c) By trading swords.
(d) By praying together to the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Poseidon interfere again?
2. Who must breathe strength into Hector?
3. Who is Hera's messenger to Achilles?
4. Why do the men gather down by their vessels at the end of Book 2?
5. After Zeus and Hera come to an agreement on Mount Olympus, who is sent to stir the men up to battle?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)