|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zeus forbid the other gods to do after he tells them his plan?
(a) From helping the mortals on either side.
(b) From talking about his plans to the mortals on either side.
(c) From accepting sacrifices from the mortals on either side.
(d) From visiting the mortals on either side.
2. What does Achilles' mother ask him to wait for?
(a) Her to bring back a set of sea-armor.
(b) Her to bring back a new set of armor.
(c) Her to bring back fighters.
(d) Her to bring back a god-made weapon.
3. What does Helen challenge Paris to do?
(a) Go back and fight for her honor.
(b) Fight honorably to keep her.
(c) Fight without the gods' help.
(d) Go back and finish fighting Menelaus.
4. Who is the first man who offers to fight Hector when Hector challenges the Greeks to a duel so that the fighting can end??
5. Who does Thetis appeal to in order to regain honor to Achilles?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Zeus, Hera, and Athena arguing about on Mount Olympus after the divine intervention in Paris' duel?
2. Why does Menelaus think Achilles will not come to fight?
3. What does Zeus tell the divinities on Mount Olympus when he summons them after Achilles returns to the fighting?
4. What objects are sacrificed before the duel in Book 3 between Paris and his competition?
5. How does Helen entertain King Priam?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)