|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hector do when the Trojans are forced to retreat?
(a) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to pray to the gods.
(b) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to sacrifice to the gods.
(c) Goes into the city and gives a speech to the elders and women.
(d) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to evacuate.
2. Why does Hector say he has to fight?
(a) It is his responsibility.
(b) He is good at fighting.
(c) He needs to be a leader.
(d) It is destined by the gods.
3. What does Zeus suggest to Agamemnon in a dream in order to trick him?
(a) That the Greeks will gain lots of treaures from Troy.
(b) That the Greeks will rescue Helen in the next battle.
(c) That the Greeks will be victorious over the Trojans in the next batttle.
(d) That the Greeks will beat the Trojans in the war.
4. Who prophesies that the Greeks will win the war against the Trojans in ten years?
5. Who is urging Paris to return to the battlefield?
(b) His mother.
(d) Helen and Hector.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Athena disguise herself as?
2. What advice does Zeus let Athena give to the Greeks after she promises not to interfere?
3. Who is the wise leader from Pylos who tries to stop Achilles and Agamemnon from arguing?
4. Why does Menelaus think Achilles will not come to fight?
5. Who decides the violence should end?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)