|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hector do when the Trojans are forced to retreat?
(a) Goes into the city and gives a speech to the elders and women.
(b) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to sacrifice to the gods.
(c) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to evacuate.
(d) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to pray to the gods.
2. Achilles tells Patroclus that he is not fighting because of what?
(a) He does not want to die.
(b) The prophecy his mother told him.
(c) The prophecy Kalchas made.
(d) Agamemnon's actions in the matter of Briseis.
3. After Agamemnon is stunned by Achilles' response to his offer, what does Diomedes says Achilles will do?
(a) Not fight for the Greeks.
(b) Fight if the Greeks force him to.
(c) Fight when the time comes.
(d) Fight only for himself.
4. What happens to Patroclus' horses?
(a) The horses die.
(b) Zeus breathes strength into them so they can return to the ships.
(c) They run back to the ships because they fear the noise of the battle.
(d) Menelaus takes them back to the ships with Patroclus' body.
5. What does Achilles' mother ask him to wait for?
(a) Her to bring back a set of sea-armor.
(b) Her to bring back fighters.
(c) Her to bring back a god-made weapon.
(d) Her to bring back a new set of armor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Helen sit next to when watching Paris taking part in the duel on the battlefield?
2. Who joins forces with the Greeks to even the odds against Ares?
3. The book opens during what year of the Trojan War?
4. Patroclus leaves Eurypylos to go to whom?
5. What are Patroclus' horses doing after Patroclus dies while there is a fight over his body?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)