|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Greek man is chosen to fight Hector after Nestor shames them?
2. Who is the wise leader from Pylos who tries to stop Achilles and Agamemnon from arguing?
3. What prevents Diomedes from killing Glaukos?
(a) Their ancestors were friends.
(b) They realize they are on the same side.
(c) The gods interfere.
(d) They realize they are relatives.
4. What promise does Zeus get from Hera?
(a) That she cannot protest if Zeus assures Helen's safety.
(b) That she cannot protest if Zeus helps the other side.
(c) That she cannot protest if Zeus destroys a city where there is a temple to her.
(d) That she cannot protest if Zeus destroys a city that holds men dear to her.
5. What does Thetis advise Achilles to do?
(a) Make up with Agamemnon.
(b) Pray to the gods for help.
(c) Fight hard with strength.
(d) Wear his new armor into battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops Achilles from killing Agamemnon?
2. What is the challenge Paris issues to the Greeks on the battlefield?
3. Why does Andromache not want Hector to go back to the battle?
4. Who speaks to the Greek soldiers to convince them to stay and fight when Agamemnon is telling them to go home?
5. Who are the two beautiful women that are captured as war prizes?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)