|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two sides in the war?
(a) The Spartans and the Greeks.
(b) The Trojans and the Spartans.
(c) The Creteans and the Trojans.
(d) The Greeks and the Trojans.
2. Why does Phoenix burst into tears after Achilles' speach?
(a) For fear of the future of the Trojans.
(b) For fear of the future.
(c) For fear of the future of the Greeks.
(d) For fear of the future of Achilles.
3. What does Apollo forbid Hector to do when fighting Achilles after Patroclus has died?
(a) Fight Achilles alone.
(b) Fight Achilles with swords.
(c) Fight Achilles on a hillside.
(d) Fight Achilles in battle.
4. Who opposes the speech which encourages the Greeks to fight after Agamemnon tells them to go home?
5. Which goddess hates Troy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Zeus awake at night in the beginning of Book 2?
2. What weapon does Ajax carry?
3. What warning does Athena give Diomedes after she lifts the veil from his eyes?
4. What does Achilles keep from Patroclus?
5. Who saves Hector from being killed?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)