|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Diomedes say to his companions?
(a) That they should back down because the gods will curse them.
(b) That they should back down because the gods want Helen to go back home.
(c) That they should back down because the gods are assisting their enemies.
(d) That they should back down because the gods will make the weather bad for fighting.
2. What happens to Patroclus' horses?
(a) Menelaus takes them back to the ships with Patroclus' body.
(b) The horses die.
(c) Zeus breathes strength into them so they can return to the ships.
(d) They run back to the ships because they fear the noise of the battle.
3. Who prophesies that the Greeks will win the war against the Trojans in ten years?
4. Who is the wise leader from Pylos who tries to stop Achilles and Agamemnon from arguing?
5. What does Xanthos promise Achilles?
(a) To always stand by his side.
(b) To fight with strength.
(c) To return him to the Greeks.
(d) To keep him safe this time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the mortal man responsible for the plague against the army?
2. After Agamemnon offers gifts in repentance to Achilles, where does Achilles tell Agamemnon their attention should be?
3. Who does Nestor meet with in order to discuss what to do now that they were wounded and could not fight?
4. Who goes and spies on the Greek camp?
5. Apollo reminds Patroclus of what?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)