|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Poulydamas suggest to Hector?
(a) That the men build a bridge to cross the ditch.
(b) That the men climb on their horses' backs to cross the ditch.
(c) That the men get off their horses to cross the ditch.
(d) That the men don't cross the ditch.
2. What does Hector do when the Trojans are forced to retreat?
(a) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to evacuate.
(b) Goes into the city and gives a speech to the elders and women.
(c) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to pray to the gods.
(d) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to sacrifice to the gods.
3. What do the Greek spies do with the Trojan spy's information?
(a) Go back to their camp and do nothing
(b) Find the Thacrian camp and take prisoners to get more information
(c) Find the Thacrian camp and kill everyone they can
(d) Go back to their camp and make a plan
4. What does Zeus hope will make Achilles so angry that he will kill Hector?
(a) Hector killing Patroclus.
(b) Paris killing Patroclus.
(c) Paris wounding Patroclus.
(d) Hector wounding Patroclus.
5. How is Hector inspired in his plan to stop the fighting?
(a) Helenos told him of the gods' plan because he overheard the gods.
(b) Zeus sent it to him in a dream.
(c) Hector prayed about it and was told this was his answer.
(d) Helenos told him of the gods' plan as a prophecy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the two beautiful women that are captured as war prizes?
2. What is Helen weaving when she is visited by a divine messenger?
3. Who goes and spies on the Greek camp?
4. Who speaks to the Greek soldiers to convince them to stay and fight when Agamemnon is telling them to go home?
5. Who intervenes to prevent the soldiers from deserting Agamemnon?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)