|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of Achilles' possible destinies?
(a) He will not come home from fighting the Trojans, and he will have no glory.
(b) He will not return home from fighting the Trojans, but his glory will be everlasting.
(c) He will return home from fighting the Trojans, and his glory will be everlasting.
(d) He will come home from fighting the Trojans, and he will have no glory
2. After Zeus sends the goddess of Hate down to the Greeks, what does he send Iris to tell Hector?
(a) To pull back until the morning.
(b) To pull back until Agamemnon is wounded.
(c) To pull back until Agamemnon asks to talk to Hector.
(d) To pull back until Agamemnon is dead.
3. In Achilles' absence, who is the Greek's best warrior?
4. Agamemnon's offer to Achilles is meant to do what?
(a) Get Achilles to bring the gods onto the side of the Greeks.
(b) Get Achilles to forgive Agamemnon.
(c) Get Achilles to come back and fight for the Greeks.
(d) Get Achilles to not fight for the Trojans.
5. How does Aphrodite flee the battle in Book 5?
(a) She borrows horses from Helen.
(b) She borrows horses from Zeus.
(c) She borrows horses from Apollo.
(d) She borrows horses from Ares.
Short Answer Questions
1. After being advised by Poulydamas to concentrate his forces for more strength, Hector is challenged by which Greek man?
2. Who does Poseidon disguise himself as when he appears to the Greeks after Zeus has taken his eyes off the battlefield?
3. What weapon does Ajax carry?
4. Who does Poseidon appear to?
5. Who opposes the speech which encourages the Greeks to fight after Agamemnon tells them to go home?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)