|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Poseidon appears to whom in order to inspire him to lead his men onto the battlefield, but stay out of range of arrows so as not to be wounded further?
2. Who kills Adrestos?
(c) Adrestos doesn't die.
3. Who does Nestor meet with in order to discuss what to do now that they were wounded and could not fight?
(a) Odysseus, Diomedes, and Achilles.
(b) Achilles, Diomedes, and Agamemnon.
(c) Agamemnon, Odysseus, and Diomedes.
(d) Agamemnon, Odysseus, and Achilles.
4. Who helps Diomedes when he is injured by Pandaros?
5. What promise does Zeus get from Hera?
(a) That she cannot protest if Zeus destroys a city that holds men dear to her.
(b) That she cannot protest if Zeus destroys a city where there is a temple to her.
(c) That she cannot protest if Zeus assures Helen's safety.
(d) That she cannot protest if Zeus helps the other side.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paris decide to do to end the fighting?
2. How is Hector inspired in his plan to stop the fighting?
3. Who's withdrawal weakens the Trojan army?
4. What about Helen angers Aphrodite in Book 3?
5. Who suggests that Odysseus, Diomedes, and Agamemnon go to the battlefield to be seen and not fight?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)