|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Nestor meet with in order to discuss what to do now that they were wounded and could not fight?
(a) Odysseus, Diomedes, and Achilles.
(b) Agamemnon, Odysseus, and Diomedes.
(c) Agamemnon, Odysseus, and Achilles.
(d) Achilles, Diomedes, and Agamemnon.
2. Achilles tells Patroclus that he is not fighting because of what?
(a) Agamemnon's actions in the matter of Briseis.
(b) The prophecy his mother told him.
(c) The prophecy Kalchas made.
(d) He does not want to die.
3. Why does Hector chastise Paris when he finds Paris with the troops and not preparing to meet his challenger from the Greek army?
(a) For stealing another man's wife.
(b) For bringing the Trojans to war and being a coward.
(c) For being a coward for not standing up and accepting his challenge.
(d) For bringing the Trojans to the point of war and his selfishness for stealing another man's wife.
4. What about Helen angers Aphrodite in Book 3?
(a) That Helen is unhappy.
(b) That Helen wants Menelaus.
(c) That Helen can resist her.
(d) That Helen doesn't want to go to Paris.
5. Who prophesies that the Greeks will win the war against the Trojans in ten years?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Diomedes say to his companions?
2. Who does Poseidon appear to?
3. What warning does Athena give Diomedes after she lifts the veil from his eyes?
4. The book opens during what year of the Trojan War?
5. Why do the men gather down by their vessels at the end of Book 2?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)