|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the wise leader from Pylos who tries to stop Achilles and Agamemnon from arguing?
2. What does Zeus suggest to Agamemnon in a dream in order to trick him?
(a) That the Greeks will beat the Trojans in the war.
(b) That the Greeks will be victorious over the Trojans in the next batttle.
(c) That the Greeks will rescue Helen in the next battle.
(d) That the Greeks will gain lots of treaures from Troy.
3. Why does Zeus take his eyes off the battlefield after the Trojans have driven the Greeks to their ships?
(a) Hera and Athena pursuade him to leave the battle alone.
(b) Because he thinks no one will disobey him.
(c) He has other places to be concerned about.
(d) He is no longer concerned about the battle.
4. Who opposes the speech which encourages the Greeks to fight after Agamemnon tells them to go home?
5. Who kills Adrestos?
(d) Adrestos doesn't die.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Andromache not want Hector to go back to the battle?
2. Who intervenes to prevent the soldiers from deserting Agamemnon?
3. Who does King Priam blame for the war?
4. After Zeus sends the goddess of Hate down to the Greeks, what does he send Iris to tell Hector?
5. Who is Ares?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)