|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Greek man is chosen to fight Hector after Nestor shames them?
2. How does Aphrodite flee the battle in Book 5?
(a) She borrows horses from Apollo.
(b) She borrows horses from Ares.
(c) She borrows horses from Helen.
(d) She borrows horses from Zeus.
3. What god or goddess helps the Greeks in Book 4?
4. Who accompanies Chryseis back home?
5. What is Helen weaving when she is visited by a divine messenger?
(a) A blue robe with scenes from the war.
(b) A blue wall hanging with scenes from the war.
(c) A red wall hanging with scenes from the war.
(d) A red robe with scenes from the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins forces with the Greeks to even the odds against Ares?
2. Who suggests that Odysseus, Diomedes, and Agamemnon go to the battlefield to be seen and not fight?
3. Who does Poseidon disguise himself as when he appears to the Greeks after Zeus has taken his eyes off the battlefield?
4. Why does Hector chastise Paris when he finds Paris with the troops and not preparing to meet his challenger from the Greek army?
5. Who was the mortal man responsible for the plague against the army?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)