|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Achilles' mother?
2. Who demands that the Trojans concede victory to the Greeks and return Helen?
3. Who does Poseidon disguise himself as when he appears to the Greeks after Zeus has taken his eyes off the battlefield?
4. What does Pandaros do to Menelaus in order to break the truce between the Greeks and the Trojans?
(a) Stab Menelaus with a spear.
(b) Shoot an arrow at Menelaus.
(c) Run down Menelaus with a horse.
(d) Stab Menelaus with a sword.
5. What advice does Zeus let Athena give to the Greeks after she promises not to interfere?
(a) Give advice to the Greeks to retrieve Helen.
(b) Give advice to the Greeks to minimize their losses.
(c) Give advice to the Greeks on their retreat.
(d) Give advice to the Greeks to maximize their victory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who intervenes to prevent the soldiers from deserting Agamemnon?
2. After being advised by Poulydamas to concentrate his forces for more strength, Hector is challenged by which Greek man?
3. What emotion causes Agamemnon to have a change of heart towards Achilles?
4. Who does Poseidon appear to?
5. After Agamemnon is stunned by Achilles' response to his offer, what does Diomedes says Achilles will do?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)