|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paris decide to do to end the fighting?
(a) To return all the possessions he took from the Greeks, along with some gifts.
(b) To give the Greeks gifts.
(c) To give Helen back to the Greeks.
(d) To return all the possessions he took from the Greeks, including Helen.
2. What prevents Diomedes from killing Glaukos?
(a) They realize they are relatives.
(b) They realize they are on the same side.
(c) Their ancestors were friends.
(d) The gods interfere.
3. What does Hector do when the Trojans are forced to retreat?
(a) Goes into the city and gives a speech to the elders and women.
(b) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to sacrifice to the gods.
(c) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to evacuate.
(d) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to pray to the gods.
4. Apollo reminds Patroclus of what?
(a) That it is not his fate to die this day.
(b) That it is not his fate to destroy Paris.
(c) That it is not his fate to kill Hector.
(d) That it is not his fate to take the city of Troy.
5. According to Zeus, who wins the duel between Paris and his Greek competitor on the battlefield?
(c) The Trojans.
(d) The Greeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Agamemnon's offer to Achilles is meant to do what?
2. Who joins forces with the Greeks to even the odds against Ares?
3. Who tells the gods about Zeus' plan?
4. What do the Trojans do to the Greek ships after Hector has had strength breathed into him by a god?
5. Who is the first man who offers to fight Hector when Hector challenges the Greeks to a duel so that the fighting can end??
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)