|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Zeus send down to the Greeks to stir up the battle?
2. Why does Aphrodite flee the battle after she interferes to save her son, Aeneas?
(a) Pandaros did not favor her.
(b) She got bored.
(c) Diomedes wounded her.
(d) Her favorite warrior died.
3. Why does Phoenix burst into tears after Achilles' speach?
(a) For fear of the future of the Trojans.
(b) For fear of the future.
(c) For fear of the future of the Greeks.
(d) For fear of the future of Achilles.
4. Who is the wise leader from Pylos who tries to stop Achilles and Agamemnon from arguing?
5. Before Pandaros' actions cause more fighting, what are the Greeks and Trojans close to doing?
(a) Creating a truce and returning Helen.
(b) Giving each other gold to create a peace.
(c) Ending the war by trading kings.
(d) Ending the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hector do when the Trojans are forced to retreat?
2. Who recommends that both sides take a break from the war to bury their dead?
3. Why is Zeus awake at night in the beginning of Book 2?
4. What does Diomedes say to his companions?
5. Who does Thetis appeal to in order to regain honor to Achilles?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)