|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paris decide to do to end the fighting?
(a) To give the Greeks gifts.
(b) To return all the possessions he took from the Greeks, along with some gifts.
(c) To return all the possessions he took from the Greeks, including Helen.
(d) To give Helen back to the Greeks.
2. What does Agamemnon sacrifice to Zeus in Book 2?
(a) A fat sheep.
(b) A fat cow.
(c) A fat ox.
(d) A fat pig.
3. Why does Andromache not want Hector to go back to the battle?
(a) She does not want him to kill any more Greeks.
(b) She does not want to live without him.
(c) She does not want to be a widow and her son an orphan.
(d) She wants him to take over for Paris.
4. What is listed in Book 2?
(a) The names of the nobles fighting.
(b) The troops and their ships.
(c) The gods and which side they are on.
(d) The names of the troops.
5. Why do the mortals end up fighting without the gods?
(a) The gods left the battle to keep things even.
(b) The gods had bigger problems.
(c) The gods didn't like all the fighting.
(d) The gods got annoyed with the mortals.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Zeus sends the goddess of Hate down to the Greeks, what does he send Iris to tell Hector?
2. What are the two sides in the war?
3. What does Diomedes say to his companions?
4. In Achilles' absence, who is the Greek's best warrior?
5. Who does Zeus send down to the Greeks to stir up the battle?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)