|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first man who offers to fight Hector when Hector challenges the Greeks to a duel so that the fighting can end??
2. Who kills Adrestos?
(b) Adrestos doesn't die.
3. What does Zeus send as a sign that he has heard Agamemnon when Hector is on the verge of burning the Greek ships?
(a) An eagle carrying an ox.
(b) An eagle carrying a deer.
(c) An eagle carrying a lamb.
(d) An eagle carrying an olive branch.
4. Who does Achilles send to get information on the war?
(a) No one.
5. Why do the men gather down by their vessels at the end of Book 2?
(a) To get ready to fight.
(b) To go home.
(c) To prove their loyalty.
(d) To stir up the war god.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Diomedes allowed to do to Aphrodite if necessary?
2. Who does Hector pray to for his son to be a great ruler?
3. What is the response of the god to Hera's request for him to help the Greeks?
4. Who prophesies that the Greeks will win the war against the Trojans in ten years?
5. How do Diomedes and Glaukos seal their friendship?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)