|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hector say he has to fight?
(a) It is his responsibility.
(b) He is good at fighting.
(c) He needs to be a leader.
(d) It is destined by the gods.
2. What does lifting the veil from Diomedes' eyes allow him to do?
(a) See the gods when they are helping the enemy.
(b) See the gods on Mount Olympus.
(c) See the gods whenever he wants.
(d) See the gods during sacrifices.
3. Why do the men gather down by their vessels at the end of Book 2?
(a) To prove their loyalty.
(b) To stir up the war god.
(c) To go home.
(d) To get ready to fight.
4. What does Pandaros do to Menelaus in order to break the truce between the Greeks and the Trojans?
(a) Shoot an arrow at Menelaus.
(b) Stab Menelaus with a sword.
(c) Run down Menelaus with a horse.
(d) Stab Menelaus with a spear.
5. Who answers Paris' challenge to the Greeks on the battlefield?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Zeus and Hera come to an agreement on Mount Olympus, who is sent to stir the men up to battle?
2. What are the two sides in the war?
3. Who recommends that both sides take a break from the war to bury their dead?
4. How does Aphrodite flee the battle in Book 5?
5. Why does Phoenix burst into tears after Achilles' speach?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)