|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paris decide to do to end the fighting?
(a) To give the Greeks gifts.
(b) To return all the possessions he took from the Greeks, along with some gifts.
(c) To give Helen back to the Greeks.
(d) To return all the possessions he took from the Greeks, including Helen.
2. Why does Andromache not want Hector to go back to the battle?
(a) She does not want him to kill any more Greeks.
(b) She does not want to live without him.
(c) She does not want to be a widow and her son an orphan.
(d) She wants him to take over for Paris.
3. What does Pandaros do to Menelaus in order to break the truce between the Greeks and the Trojans?
(a) Stab Menelaus with a sword.
(b) Stab Menelaus with a spear.
(c) Shoot an arrow at Menelaus.
(d) Run down Menelaus with a horse.
4. What objects are sacrificed before the duel in Book 3 between Paris and his competition?
5. After Zeus sends the goddess of Hate down to the Greeks, what does he send Iris to tell Hector?
(a) To pull back until Agamemnon asks to talk to Hector.
(b) To pull back until the morning.
(c) To pull back until Agamemnon is wounded.
(d) To pull back until Agamemnon is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Diomedes when he is injured by Pandaros?
2. Where does Achilles watch the battle from?
3. How does Aphrodite flee the battle in Book 5?
4. Who is the wise leader from Pylos who tries to stop Achilles and Agamemnon from arguing?
5. Who is the priest that Achilles calls upon to see what must be done to appease Apollo?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)