|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides the violence should end?
(a) Apollo and Ares.
(b) Ares and Athena.
(d) Apollo and Athena.
2. What advice does Zeus let Athena give to the Greeks after she promises not to interfere?
(a) Give advice to the Greeks to maximize their victory.
(b) Give advice to the Greeks on their retreat.
(c) Give advice to the Greeks to retrieve Helen.
(d) Give advice to the Greeks to minimize their losses.
3. Which Greek man's death is foretold by Zeus to Hera?
4. Agamemnon is confident that what?
(a) That his army is superior.
(b) That the Greeks will win.
(c) That Zeus is on his side.
(d) The gods are on his side.
5. What are the two sides in the war?
(a) The Greeks and the Trojans.
(b) The Trojans and the Spartans.
(c) The Creteans and the Trojans.
(d) The Spartans and the Greeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Achilles send to get information on the war?
2. After Zeus and Hera come to an agreement on Mount Olympus, who is sent to stir the men up to battle?
3. Who prophesies that the Greeks will win the war against the Trojans in ten years?
4. What is Thetis?
5. Who is urging Paris to return to the battlefield?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)