|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Zeus let Athena give to the Greeks after she promises not to interfere?
(a) Give advice to the Greeks to minimize their losses.
(b) Give advice to the Greeks on their retreat.
(c) Give advice to the Greeks to retrieve Helen.
(d) Give advice to the Greeks to maximize their victory.
2. What does Agamemnon sacrifice to Zeus in Book 2?
(a) A fat sheep.
(b) A fat cow.
(c) A fat pig.
(d) A fat ox.
3. Why does Hector chastise Paris when he finds Paris with the troops and not preparing to meet his challenger from the Greek army?
(a) For bringing the Trojans to war and being a coward.
(b) For stealing another man's wife.
(c) For being a coward for not standing up and accepting his challenge.
(d) For bringing the Trojans to the point of war and his selfishness for stealing another man's wife.
4. How is Hector inspired in his plan to stop the fighting?
(a) Hector prayed about it and was told this was his answer.
(b) Zeus sent it to him in a dream.
(c) Helenos told him of the gods' plan as a prophecy.
(d) Helenos told him of the gods' plan because he overheard the gods.
5. What god or goddess helps the Greeks in Book 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the response of the god to Hera's request for him to help the Greeks?
2. Where does Hector find Paris after the Trojans are forced to retreat?
3. What promise does Zeus get from Hera?
4. After Zeus and Hera come to an agreement on Mount Olympus, who is sent to stir the men up to battle?
5. What frightens Hector's son?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)