|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zeus suggest to Agamemnon in a dream in order to trick him?
(a) That the Greeks will be victorious over the Trojans in the next batttle.
(b) That the Greeks will rescue Helen in the next battle.
(c) That the Greeks will gain lots of treaures from Troy.
(d) That the Greeks will beat the Trojans in the war.
2. How is Hector inspired in his plan to stop the fighting?
(a) Hector prayed about it and was told this was his answer.
(b) Helenos told him of the gods' plan because he overheard the gods.
(c) Helenos told him of the gods' plan as a prophecy.
(d) Zeus sent it to him in a dream.
3. What does Zeus send as a sign that he has heard Agamemnon when Hector is on the verge of burning the Greek ships?
(a) An eagle carrying a lamb.
(b) An eagle carrying a deer.
(c) An eagle carrying an olive branch.
(d) An eagle carrying an ox.
4. Who stops Achilles from killing Agamemnon?
5. Which god does Hera ask to help the Greeks when she sees the Greeks are overwhelmed?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helen entertain King Priam?
2. Which goddess hates Troy?
3. Who is Achilles' mother?
4. After Agamemnon is stunned by Achilles' response to his offer, what does Diomedes says Achilles will do?
5. Why does Andromache not want Hector to go back to the battle?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)