|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Agamemnon is stunned by Achilles' response to his offer, what does Diomedes says Achilles will do?
(a) Not fight for the Greeks.
(b) Fight when the time comes.
(c) Fight if the Greeks force him to.
(d) Fight only for himself.
2. What is listed in Book 2?
(a) The names of the troops.
(b) The gods and which side they are on.
(c) The names of the nobles fighting.
(d) The troops and their ships.
3. What frightens Hector's son?
(a) The sounds of battle.
(b) The plume on his helmet.
(c) The noise of his armor.
(d) His sword.
4. What objects are sacrificed before the duel in Book 3 between Paris and his competition?
5. Why does Hector chastise Paris when he finds Paris with the troops and not preparing to meet his challenger from the Greek army?
(a) For being a coward for not standing up and accepting his challenge.
(b) For stealing another man's wife.
(c) For bringing the Trojans to the point of war and his selfishness for stealing another man's wife.
(d) For bringing the Trojans to war and being a coward.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Eurypylos been wounded
2. Who answers Paris' challenge to the Greeks on the battlefield?
3. What is the challenge Paris issues to the Greeks on the battlefield?
4. Which Greek man's death is foretold by Zeus to Hera?
5. Who is urging Paris to return to the battlefield?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)