|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Zeus awake at night in the beginning of Book 2?
(a) He is planning on how to bring Helen home.
(b) He is planning on how to humiliate Agamemnon.
(c) He is planning on how to win the war for the Trojans.
(d) He is planning on how to bring honor to Achilles.
2. What does Helen challenge Paris to do?
(a) Go back and fight for her honor.
(b) Fight without the gods' help.
(c) Go back and finish fighting Menelaus.
(d) Fight honorably to keep her.
3. What god or goddess helps the Trojans in Book 4?
4. Who is urging Paris to return to the battlefield?
(b) His mother.
(c) Helen and Hector.
5. Why do the men gather down by their vessels at the end of Book 2?
(a) To prove their loyalty.
(b) To get ready to fight.
(c) To stir up the war god.
(d) To go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zeus forbid the other gods to do after he tells them his plan?
2. What does Paris promise to Hector when Hector finds him after the Trojans retreat to the city?
3. What warning does Athena give Diomedes after she lifts the veil from his eyes?
4. What is Thetis?
5. What objects are sacrificed before the duel in Book 3 between Paris and his competition?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)