|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What god or goddess helps the Trojans in Book 4?
2. Why does Agamemnon tell the soldiers that they should give up and go home?
(a) He is testing their loyalty.
(b) He wants them all to go home.
(c) He is telling them his dream.
(d) He want. to see who really wants to fight.
3. What about Helen angers Aphrodite in Book 3?
(a) That Helen wants Menelaus.
(b) That Helen can resist her.
(c) That Helen doesn't want to go to Paris.
(d) That Helen is unhappy.
4. Why does Hector say he has to fight?
(a) It is his responsibility.
(b) He needs to be a leader.
(c) It is destined by the gods.
(d) He is good at fighting.
5. What will Pandaros get if he follows the advice of Athena and causes more fighting?
(a) Great honor.
(b) A place among the kings and princes.
(c) A place among the gods.
(d) Great glory.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Zeus and Hera come to an agreement on Mount Olympus, who is sent to stir the men up to battle?
2. How is Hector inspired in his plan to stop the fighting?
3. How does Helen entertain King Priam?
4. Nestor reminds the men that they have not accomplished what goal?
5. Who is the wise leader from Pylos who tries to stop Achilles and Agamemnon from arguing?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)