|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zeus forbid the other gods to do after he tells them his plan?
(a) From visiting the mortals on either side.
(b) From helping the mortals on either side.
(c) From accepting sacrifices from the mortals on either side.
(d) From talking about his plans to the mortals on either side.
2. Why does Aphrodite flee the battle after she interferes to save her son, Aeneas?
(a) Diomedes wounded her.
(b) Pandaros did not favor her.
(c) Her favorite warrior died.
(d) She got bored.
3. What objects are sacrificed before the duel in Book 3 between Paris and his competition?
4. Why does Phoenix burst into tears after Achilles' speach?
(a) For fear of the future of Achilles.
(b) For fear of the future.
(c) For fear of the future of the Greeks.
(d) For fear of the future of the Trojans.
5. After Agamemnon is stunned by Achilles' response to his offer, what does Diomedes says Achilles will do?
(a) Not fight for the Greeks.
(b) Fight only for himself.
(c) Fight if the Greeks force him to.
(d) Fight when the time comes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the mortals end up fighting without the gods?
2. Who demands that the Trojans concede victory to the Greeks and return Helen?
3. Agamemnon's offer to Achilles is meant to do what?
4. Why is Zeus awake at night in the beginning of Book 2?
5. Who is the wise leader from Pylos who tries to stop Achilles and Agamemnon from arguing?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)