|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paris promise to Hector when Hector finds him after the Trojans retreat to the city?
(a) To direct the fighting from the walls.
(b) To keep Hector's son safe.
(c) To prevent Hector's son from dying.
(d) To return to the fighting.
2. What does Helen challenge Paris to do?
(a) Fight honorably to keep her.
(b) Fight without the gods' help.
(c) Go back and finish fighting Menelaus.
(d) Go back and fight for her honor.
3. What god or goddess helps the Trojans in Book 4?
4. Who was the mortal man responsible for the plague against the army?
5. Who intervenes to prevent the soldiers from deserting Agamemnon?
(a) Athena and Helen.
(b) Hera and Artemis.
(c) Athena and Artemis.
(d) Athena and Hera.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Zeus' wife?
2. What emotion causes Agamemnon to have a change of heart towards Achilles?
3. What are Zeus, Hera, and Athena arguing about on Mount Olympus after the divine intervention in Paris' duel?
4. Who is Achilles' mother?
5. After Zeus and Hera come to an agreement on Mount Olympus, who is sent to stir the men up to battle?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)