|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paris decide to do to end the fighting?
(a) To give the Greeks gifts.
(b) To give Helen back to the Greeks.
(c) To return all the possessions he took from the Greeks, including Helen.
(d) To return all the possessions he took from the Greeks, along with some gifts.
2. Who does Athena disguise herself as?
(a) A Trojan man.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A goddess.
3. What does Zeus suggest to Agamemnon in a dream in order to trick him?
(a) That the Greeks will rescue Helen in the next battle.
(b) That the Greeks will beat the Trojans in the war.
(c) That the Greeks will be victorious over the Trojans in the next batttle.
(d) That the Greeks will gain lots of treaures from Troy.
4. Who does Thetis appeal to in order to regain honor to Achilles?
5. What does Zeus forbid the other gods to do after he tells them his plan?
(a) From visiting the mortals on either side.
(b) From talking about his plans to the mortals on either side.
(c) From accepting sacrifices from the mortals on either side.
(d) From helping the mortals on either side.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who answers Paris' challenge to the Greeks on the battlefield?
2. Who demands that the Trojans concede victory to the Greeks and return Helen?
3. How does Aphrodite flee the battle in Book 5?
4. How is Hector inspired in his plan to stop the fighting?
5. Who calls Agamemnon greedy for profit and shameless?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)