|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zeus suggest to Agamemnon in a dream in order to trick him?
(a) That the Greeks will rescue Helen in the next battle.
(b) That the Greeks will beat the Trojans in the war.
(c) That the Greeks will gain lots of treaures from Troy.
(d) That the Greeks will be victorious over the Trojans in the next batttle.
2. What is Diomedes allowed to do to Aphrodite if necessary?
(a) Talk to her.
(b) Spear her.
(c) Stab her.
(d) Warn her away.
3. What promise does Zeus get from Hera?
(a) That she cannot protest if Zeus destroys a city that holds men dear to her.
(b) That she cannot protest if Zeus destroys a city where there is a temple to her.
(c) That she cannot protest if Zeus helps the other side.
(d) That she cannot protest if Zeus assures Helen's safety.
4. Agamemnon is confident that what?
(a) That Zeus is on his side.
(b) That his army is superior.
(c) That the Greeks will win.
(d) The gods are on his side.
5. Who calls Agamemnon greedy for profit and shameless?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which god does Hera ask to help the Greeks when she sees the Greeks are overwhelmed?
2. What is the challenge Paris issues to the Greeks on the battlefield?
3. What are Zeus, Hera, and Athena arguing about on Mount Olympus after the divine intervention in Paris' duel?
4. Why does Andromache not want Hector to go back to the battle?
5. Who answers Paris' challenge to the Greeks on the battlefield?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)