|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Zeus, Hera, and Athena arguing about on Mount Olympus after the divine intervention in Paris' duel?
(a) They are arguing who won the war.
(b) They are arguing over the outcome of the duel.
(c) They are arguing if Paris is a coward.
(d) They are agreeing not to interfere.
2. What is one of Achilles' possible destinies?
(a) He will come home from fighting the Trojans, and he will have no glory
(b) He will return home from fighting the Trojans, and his glory will be everlasting.
(c) He will not come home from fighting the Trojans, and he will have no glory.
(d) He will not return home from fighting the Trojans, but his glory will be everlasting.
3. Who speaks to the Greek soldiers to convince them to stay and fight when Agamemnon is telling them to go home?
4. What does Helen challenge Paris to do?
(a) Fight without the gods' help.
(b) Fight honorably to keep her.
(c) Go back and fight for her honor.
(d) Go back and finish fighting Menelaus.
5. Who kills Adrestos?
(c) Adrestos doesn't die.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who answers Paris' challenge to the Greeks on the battlefield?
2. What is Thetis?
3. What advice does Zeus let Athena give to the Greeks after she promises not to interfere?
4. Who is Achilles' mother?
5. What does Zeus send as a sign that he has heard Agamemnon when Hector is on the verge of burning the Greek ships?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)