|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Agamemnon sacrifice to Zeus in Book 2?
(a) A fat pig.
(b) A fat sheep.
(c) A fat cow.
(d) A fat ox.
2. Agamemnon's offer to Achilles is meant to do what?
(a) Get Achilles to forgive Agamemnon.
(b) Get Achilles to not fight for the Trojans.
(c) Get Achilles to come back and fight for the Greeks.
(d) Get Achilles to bring the gods onto the side of the Greeks.
3. Who joins forces with the Greeks to even the odds against Ares?
(a) Hera and Athena.
(b) Aphrodite and Apollo.
(c) Hera and Aphrodite.
(d) Apollo and Athena.
4. Who is Zeus' wife?
5. In Achilles' absence, who is the Greek's best warrior?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paris promise to Hector when Hector finds him after the Trojans retreat to the city?
2. Who prophesies that the Greeks will win the war against the Trojans in ten years?
3. Who answers Paris' challenge to the Greeks on the battlefield?
4. What does lifting the veil from Diomedes' eyes allow him to do?
5. Who is the priest that Achilles calls upon to see what must be done to appease Apollo?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)