|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What objects are sacrificed before the duel in Book 3 between Paris and his competition?
2. Who is the wise leader from Pylos who tries to stop Achilles and Agamemnon from arguing?
3. Who prophesies that the Greeks will win the war against the Trojans in ten years?
4. What does Zeus suggest to Agamemnon in a dream in order to trick him?
(a) That the Greeks will be victorious over the Trojans in the next batttle.
(b) That the Greeks will gain lots of treaures from Troy.
(c) That the Greeks will rescue Helen in the next battle.
(d) That the Greeks will beat the Trojans in the war.
5. What prevents Diomedes from killing Glaukos?
(a) Their ancestors were friends.
(b) The gods interfere.
(c) They realize they are on the same side.
(d) They realize they are relatives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pandaros do to Menelaus in order to break the truce between the Greeks and the Trojans?
2. After Agamemnon is stunned by Achilles' response to his offer, what does Diomedes says Achilles will do?
3. Who does King Priam blame for the war?
4. Who does Hector pray to for his son to be a great ruler?
5. Who recommends that both sides take a break from the war to bury their dead?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)