|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who demands that the Trojans concede victory to the Greeks and return Helen?
2. What are Zeus, Hera, and Athena arguing about on Mount Olympus after the divine intervention in Paris' duel?
(a) They are arguing if Paris is a coward.
(b) They are arguing who won the war.
(c) They are arguing over the outcome of the duel.
(d) They are agreeing not to interfere.
3. What emotion causes Agamemnon to have a change of heart towards Achilles?
(a) A desire to get Helen back.
(b) Humility towards the gods.
(c) Humility over his army's losses.
(d) A desire to win.
4. Who decides the violence should end?
(a) Apollo and Ares.
(b) Ares and Athena.
(d) Apollo and Athena.
5. Before Pandaros' actions cause more fighting, what are the Greeks and Trojans close to doing?
(a) Ending the war.
(b) Ending the war by trading kings.
(c) Giving each other gold to create a peace.
(d) Creating a truce and returning Helen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aphrodite flee the battle after she interferes to save her son, Aeneas?
2. Which god or goddess protects Paris during the challenge that he issued to the Greeks on the battlefield?
3. According to Zeus, who wins the duel between Paris and his Greek competitor on the battlefield?
4. What does lifting the veil from Diomedes' eyes allow him to do?
5. Agamemnon is confident that what?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)