|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What objects are sacrificed before the duel in Book 3 between Paris and his competition?
2. What will Pandaros get if he follows the advice of Athena and causes more fighting?
(a) Great glory.
(b) Great honor.
(c) A place among the kings and princes.
(d) A place among the gods.
3. Who is urging Paris to return to the battlefield?
(a) Helen and Hector.
(d) His mother.
4. Who opposes the speech which encourages the Greeks to fight after Agamemnon tells them to go home?
5. What prevents Diomedes from killing Glaukos?
(a) Their ancestors were friends.
(b) They realize they are on the same side.
(c) They realize they are relatives.
(d) The gods interfere.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who answers Paris' challenge to the Greeks on the battlefield?
2. Who was the mortal man responsible for the plague against the army?
3. How does Aphrodite flee the battle in Book 5?
4. Who helps Diomedes when he is injured by Pandaros?
5. What does Hector do when the Trojans are forced to retreat?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)