|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Diomedes when he is injured by Pandaros?
2. How is Hector inspired in his plan to stop the fighting?
(a) Helenos told him of the gods' plan because he overheard the gods.
(b) Hector prayed about it and was told this was his answer.
(c) Helenos told him of the gods' plan as a prophecy.
(d) Zeus sent it to him in a dream.
3. What does Zeus send as a sign that he has heard Agamemnon when Hector is on the verge of burning the Greek ships?
(a) An eagle carrying an olive branch.
(b) An eagle carrying a deer.
(c) An eagle carrying a lamb.
(d) An eagle carrying an ox.
4. Agamemnon's offer to Achilles is meant to do what?
(a) Get Achilles to not fight for the Trojans.
(b) Get Achilles to come back and fight for the Greeks.
(c) Get Achilles to bring the gods onto the side of the Greeks.
(d) Get Achilles to forgive Agamemnon.
5. Who does Hector pray to for his son to be a great ruler?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aphrodite flee the battle after she interferes to save her son, Aeneas?
2. Why do the mortals end up fighting without the gods?
3. What god or goddess helps the Trojans in Book 4?
4. Who does Thetis appeal to in order to regain honor to Achilles?
5. What is listed in Book 2?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)