|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Agamemnon sacrifice to Zeus in Book 2?
(a) A fat ox.
(b) A fat cow.
(c) A fat sheep.
(d) A fat pig.
2. Who intervenes to prevent the soldiers from deserting Agamemnon?
(a) Athena and Hera.
(b) Hera and Artemis.
(c) Athena and Artemis.
(d) Athena and Helen.
3. What advice does Zeus let Athena give to the Greeks after she promises not to interfere?
(a) Give advice to the Greeks to minimize their losses.
(b) Give advice to the Greeks to maximize their victory.
(c) Give advice to the Greeks to retrieve Helen.
(d) Give advice to the Greeks on their retreat.
4. After Zeus and Hera come to an agreement on Mount Olympus, who is sent to stir the men up to battle?
5. What is the challenge Paris issues to the Greeks on the battlefield?
(a) For any Greek warrior to steal Helen from him.
(b) For any Greek warrior to kill him with an arrow.
(c) For the Greeks to reclaim Helen.
(d) For any Greek warrior to fight him in man-to-man combat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first man who offers to fight Hector when Hector challenges the Greeks to a duel so that the fighting can end??
2. How does Helen entertain King Priam?
3. What is Thetis?
4. Why does Phoenix burst into tears after Achilles' speach?
5. According to Zeus, who wins the duel between Paris and his Greek competitor on the battlefield?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)