|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paris promise to Hector when Hector finds him after the Trojans retreat to the city?
(a) To keep Hector's son safe.
(b) To prevent Hector's son from dying.
(c) To direct the fighting from the walls.
(d) To return to the fighting.
2. How does Aphrodite flee the battle in Book 5?
(a) She borrows horses from Zeus.
(b) She borrows horses from Helen.
(c) She borrows horses from Ares.
(d) She borrows horses from Apollo.
3. After Zeus and Hera come to an agreement on Mount Olympus, who is sent to stir the men up to battle?
4. Who does Athena disguise herself as?
(a) A goddess.
(b) A Trojan man.
(d) A soldier.
5. Who intervenes to prevent the soldiers from deserting Agamemnon?
(a) Hera and Artemis.
(b) Athena and Hera.
(c) Athena and Artemis.
(d) Athena and Helen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Greek man is chosen to fight Hector after Nestor shames them?
2. Who does Hector pray to for his son to be a great ruler?
3. What does Zeus suggest to Agamemnon in a dream in order to trick him?
4. What emotion causes Agamemnon to have a change of heart towards Achilles?
5. Who prophesies that the Greeks will win the war against the Trojans in ten years?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)