|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What god or goddess helps the Trojans in Book 4?
2. The book opens during what year of the Trojan War?
(a) The fifth year.
(b) The first year.
(c) The tenth year.
(d) The eleventh year.
3. What does Zeus send as a sign that he has heard Agamemnon when Hector is on the verge of burning the Greek ships?
(a) An eagle carrying a deer.
(b) An eagle carrying an olive branch.
(c) An eagle carrying an ox.
(d) An eagle carrying a lamb.
4. What frightens Hector's son?
(a) The sounds of battle.
(b) The plume on his helmet.
(c) His sword.
(d) The noise of his armor.
5. Who accompanies Chryseis back home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first man who offers to fight Hector when Hector challenges the Greeks to a duel so that the fighting can end??
2. Who is Achilles' mother?
3. Who calls Agamemnon greedy for profit and shameless?
4. Who was the mortal man responsible for the plague against the army?
5. How is Hector inspired in his plan to stop the fighting?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)