|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Diomedes allowed to do to Aphrodite if necessary?
(a) Spear her.
(b) Talk to her.
(c) Warn her away.
(d) Stab her.
2. Why does Hector chastise Paris when he finds Paris with the troops and not preparing to meet his challenger from the Greek army?
(a) For being a coward for not standing up and accepting his challenge.
(b) For stealing another man's wife.
(c) For bringing the Trojans to the point of war and his selfishness for stealing another man's wife.
(d) For bringing the Trojans to war and being a coward.
3. Why is Zeus awake at night in the beginning of Book 2?
(a) He is planning on how to humiliate Agamemnon.
(b) He is planning on how to bring honor to Achilles.
(c) He is planning on how to win the war for the Trojans.
(d) He is planning on how to bring Helen home.
4. What is Helen weaving when she is visited by a divine messenger?
(a) A blue wall hanging with scenes from the war.
(b) A red wall hanging with scenes from the war.
(c) A red robe with scenes from the war.
(d) A blue robe with scenes from the war.
5. Who are the two beautiful women that are captured as war prizes?
(a) Charmis and Braeisis.
(b) Olysis and Banalis.
(c) Atheanna and Kristianna.
(d) Chryseis and Briseis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who recommends that both sides take a break from the war to bury their dead?
2. Who does Helen sit next to when watching Paris taking part in the duel on the battlefield?
3. What does Zeus suggest to Agamemnon in a dream in order to trick him?
4. Who does Athena disguise herself as?
5. What frightens Hector's son?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)