|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pandaros do to Menelaus in order to break the truce between the Greeks and the Trojans?
(a) Stab Menelaus with a sword.
(b) Shoot an arrow at Menelaus.
(c) Run down Menelaus with a horse.
(d) Stab Menelaus with a spear.
2. Phoenix is what to Achilles?
(a) A family retainer.
(b) A friend.
(c) A brother.
(d) A cousin.
3. What is one of Achilles' possible destinies?
(a) He will return home from fighting the Trojans, and his glory will be everlasting.
(b) He will not come home from fighting the Trojans, and he will have no glory.
(c) He will come home from fighting the Trojans, and he will have no glory
(d) He will not return home from fighting the Trojans, but his glory will be everlasting.
4. What does Paris decide to do to end the fighting?
(a) To give Helen back to the Greeks.
(b) To return all the possessions he took from the Greeks, including Helen.
(c) To return all the possessions he took from the Greeks, along with some gifts.
(d) To give the Greeks gifts.
5. What frightens Hector's son?
(a) The noise of his armor.
(b) The plume on his helmet.
(c) The sounds of battle.
(d) His sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. Agamemnon is confident that what?
2. Who is Zeus' wife?
3. Who answers Paris' challenge to the Greeks on the battlefield?
4. Who calls Agamemnon greedy for profit and shameless?
5. What does Diomedes say to his companions?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)