|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents Diomedes from killing Glaukos?
(a) They realize they are relatives.
(b) They realize they are on the same side.
(c) The gods interfere.
(d) Their ancestors were friends.
2. Who was the mortal man responsible for the plague against the army?
3. Why do the men gather down by their vessels at the end of Book 2?
(a) To stir up the war god.
(b) To go home.
(c) To prove their loyalty.
(d) To get ready to fight.
4. What does Helen challenge Paris to do?
(a) Fight honorably to keep her.
(b) Go back and fight for her honor.
(c) Fight without the gods' help.
(d) Go back and finish fighting Menelaus.
5. What does lifting the veil from Diomedes' eyes allow him to do?
(a) See the gods when they are helping the enemy.
(b) See the gods whenever he wants.
(c) See the gods on Mount Olympus.
(d) See the gods during sacrifices.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nestor reminds the men that they have not accomplished what goal?
2. Who answers Paris' challenge to the Greeks on the battlefield?
3. Who is Aphrodite's mother?
4. What does Paris promise to Hector when Hector finds him after the Trojans retreat to the city?
5. What are Zeus, Hera, and Athena arguing about on Mount Olympus after the divine intervention in Paris' duel?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)