|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents Diomedes from killing Glaukos?
(a) They realize they are relatives.
(b) The gods interfere.
(c) They realize they are on the same side.
(d) Their ancestors were friends.
2. How does Aphrodite flee the battle in Book 5?
(a) She borrows horses from Helen.
(b) She borrows horses from Apollo.
(c) She borrows horses from Zeus.
(d) She borrows horses from Ares.
3. Who stops Achilles from killing Agamemnon?
4. What is the challenge Paris issues to the Greeks on the battlefield?
(a) For the Greeks to reclaim Helen.
(b) For any Greek warrior to kill him with an arrow.
(c) For any Greek warrior to fight him in man-to-man combat.
(d) For any Greek warrior to steal Helen from him.
5. Nestor reminds the men that they have not accomplished what goal?
(a) Bringing glory to their king.
(b) Reclaiming Helen.
(c) Conquering Troy.
(d) Siezing the treasures of Troy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hector chastise Paris when he finds Paris with the troops and not preparing to meet his challenger from the Greek army?
2. Who intervenes to prevent the soldiers from deserting Agamemnon?
3. Why do the mortals end up fighting without the gods?
4. What is Helen weaving when she is visited by a divine messenger?
5. Where does Hector find Paris after the Trojans are forced to retreat?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)