|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Zeus awake at night in the beginning of Book 2?
(a) He is planning on how to bring honor to Achilles.
(b) He is planning on how to bring Helen home.
(c) He is planning on how to humiliate Agamemnon.
(d) He is planning on how to win the war for the Trojans.
2. Why does Andromache not want Hector to go back to the battle?
(a) She does not want him to kill any more Greeks.
(b) She does not want to live without him.
(c) She does not want to be a widow and her son an orphan.
(d) She wants him to take over for Paris.
3. Which god or goddess protects Paris during the challenge that he issued to the Greeks on the battlefield?
4. Who is the wise leader from Pylos who tries to stop Achilles and Agamemnon from arguing?
5. What are Zeus, Hera, and Athena arguing about on Mount Olympus after the divine intervention in Paris' duel?
(a) They are arguing over the outcome of the duel.
(b) They are arguing who won the war.
(c) They are agreeing not to interfere.
(d) They are arguing if Paris is a coward.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hector say he has to fight?
2. What about Helen angers Aphrodite in Book 3?
3. What is the challenge Paris issues to the Greeks on the battlefield?
4. Who are the two beautiful women that are captured as war prizes?
5. Who does Helen sit next to when watching Paris taking part in the duel on the battlefield?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)