|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Hector's wife go to see if she can find him?
(a) The town square.
(b) The city walls.
(c) The palace.
(d) The gardens.
2. Who is urging Paris to return to the battlefield?
(b) His mother.
(c) Helen and Hector.
3. What promise does Zeus get from Hera?
(a) That she cannot protest if Zeus helps the other side.
(b) That she cannot protest if Zeus destroys a city that holds men dear to her.
(c) That she cannot protest if Zeus destroys a city where there is a temple to her.
(d) That she cannot protest if Zeus assures Helen's safety.
4. Who is Ares?
(a) The god of horses.
(b) The god of archers.
(c) The god of the Greeks.
(d) The god of war.
5. What does Hector do when the Trojans are forced to retreat?
(a) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to evacuate.
(b) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to sacrifice to the gods.
(c) Goes into the city and gives a speech to the elders and women.
(d) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to pray to the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen challenge Paris to do?
2. Who demands that the Trojans concede victory to the Greeks and return Helen?
3. What is listed in Book 2?
4. What does lifting the veil from Diomedes' eyes allow him to do?
5. Who is the wise leader from Pylos who tries to stop Achilles and Agamemnon from arguing?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)