|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents Diomedes from killing Glaukos?
(a) They realize they are relatives.
(b) The gods interfere.
(c) They realize they are on the same side.
(d) Their ancestors were friends.
2. What warning does Athena give Diomedes after she lifts the veil from his eyes?
(a) Not to anger the gods.
(b) Not to interfere with the gods.
(c) Not to do battle with the immortals.
(d) Not to talk to the gods.
3. Who demands that the Trojans concede victory to the Greeks and return Helen?
4. Who accompanies Chryseis back home?
5. Who is the wise leader from Pylos who tries to stop Achilles and Agamemnon from arguing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the men gather down by their vessels at the end of Book 2?
2. Who joins forces with the Greeks to even the odds against Ares?
3. Who intervenes to prevent the soldiers from deserting Agamemnon?
4. Who calls Agamemnon greedy for profit and shameless?
5. Who does Hector pray to for his son to be a great ruler?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)