|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who opposes the speech which encourages the Greeks to fight after Agamemnon tells them to go home?
2. Why does Hector chastise Paris when he finds Paris with the troops and not preparing to meet his challenger from the Greek army?
(a) For bringing the Trojans to the point of war and his selfishness for stealing another man's wife.
(b) For bringing the Trojans to war and being a coward.
(c) For being a coward for not standing up and accepting his challenge.
(d) For stealing another man's wife.
3. What is the challenge Paris issues to the Greeks on the battlefield?
(a) For any Greek warrior to fight him in man-to-man combat.
(b) For any Greek warrior to steal Helen from him.
(c) For any Greek warrior to kill him with an arrow.
(d) For the Greeks to reclaim Helen.
4. How does Helen entertain King Priam?
(a) She makes fun of the men fighting.
(b) She tells him stories of her life before Paris.
(c) She tells him jokes.
(d) She points out Greek warriors she remembers.
5. What are the two sides in the war?
(a) The Spartans and the Greeks.
(b) The Greeks and the Trojans.
(c) The Trojans and the Spartans.
(d) The Creteans and the Trojans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Agamemnon is confident that what?
2. Who does King Priam blame for the war?
3. Who intervenes to prevent the soldiers from deserting Agamemnon?
4. Who are the two beautiful women that are captured as war prizes?
5. According to Zeus, who wins the duel between Paris and his Greek competitor on the battlefield?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)