|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Agamemnon greedy for profit and shameless?
2. What is Helen weaving when she is visited by a divine messenger?
(a) A red wall hanging with scenes from the war.
(b) A red robe with scenes from the war.
(c) A blue robe with scenes from the war.
(d) A blue wall hanging with scenes from the war.
3. Who opposes the speech which encourages the Greeks to fight after Agamemnon tells them to go home?
4. Who is the wise leader from Pylos who tries to stop Achilles and Agamemnon from arguing?
5. Why does Hector chastise Paris when he finds Paris with the troops and not preparing to meet his challenger from the Greek army?
(a) For stealing another man's wife.
(b) For bringing the Trojans to war and being a coward.
(c) For being a coward for not standing up and accepting his challenge.
(d) For bringing the Trojans to the point of war and his selfishness for stealing another man's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who answers Paris' challenge to the Greeks on the battlefield?
2. What god or goddess helps the Greeks in Book 4?
3. What is listed in Book 2?
4. What god or goddess helps the Trojans in Book 4?
5. After Zeus and Hera come to an agreement on Mount Olympus, who is sent to stir the men up to battle?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)