|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The book opens during what year of the Trojan War?
(a) The eleventh year.
(b) The tenth year.
(c) The first year.
(d) The fifth year.
2. What does Zeus suggest to Agamemnon in a dream in order to trick him?
(a) That the Greeks will rescue Helen in the next battle.
(b) That the Greeks will beat the Trojans in the war.
(c) That the Greeks will be victorious over the Trojans in the next batttle.
(d) That the Greeks will gain lots of treaures from Troy.
3. Who does Athena disguise herself as?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A Trojan man.
(c) A goddess.
4. Who does King Priam blame for the war?
(b) The gods.
(d) The Greeks.
5. Why does Hector chastise Paris when he finds Paris with the troops and not preparing to meet his challenger from the Greek army?
(a) For bringing the Trojans to war and being a coward.
(b) For bringing the Trojans to the point of war and his selfishness for stealing another man's wife.
(c) For being a coward for not standing up and accepting his challenge.
(d) For stealing another man's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who answers Paris' challenge to the Greeks on the battlefield?
2. What god or goddess helps the Greeks in Book 4?
3. What are Zeus, Hera, and Athena arguing about on Mount Olympus after the divine intervention in Paris' duel?
4. Who is the wise leader from Pylos who tries to stop Achilles and Agamemnon from arguing?
5. Who was the mortal man responsible for the plague against the army?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)