|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is listed in Book 2?
(a) The names of the troops.
(b) The troops and their ships.
(c) The gods and which side they are on.
(d) The names of the nobles fighting.
2. Nestor reminds the men that they have not accomplished what goal?
(a) Conquering Troy.
(b) Reclaiming Helen.
(c) Siezing the treasures of Troy.
(d) Bringing glory to their king.
3. Why is Zeus awake at night in the beginning of Book 2?
(a) He is planning on how to bring Helen home.
(b) He is planning on how to bring honor to Achilles.
(c) He is planning on how to humiliate Agamemnon.
(d) He is planning on how to win the war for the Trojans.
4. Agamemnon is confident that what?
(a) That the Greeks will win.
(b) The gods are on his side.
(c) That Zeus is on his side.
(d) That his army is superior.
5. What does Pandaros do to Menelaus in order to break the truce between the Greeks and the Trojans?
(a) Stab Menelaus with a spear.
(b) Run down Menelaus with a horse.
(c) Stab Menelaus with a sword.
(d) Shoot an arrow at Menelaus.
Short Answer Questions
1. The book opens during what year of the Trojan War?
2. Who intervenes to prevent the soldiers from deserting Agamemnon?
3. What promise does Zeus get from Hera?
4. Who does Thetis appeal to in order to regain honor to Achilles?
5. Who is Achilles' mother?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)