|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Zeus, Hera, and Athena arguing about on Mount Olympus after the divine intervention in Paris' duel?
(a) They are arguing if Paris is a coward.
(b) They are agreeing not to interfere.
(c) They are arguing over the outcome of the duel.
(d) They are arguing who won the war.
2. What is listed in Book 2?
(a) The names of the troops.
(b) The names of the nobles fighting.
(c) The troops and their ships.
(d) The gods and which side they are on.
3. What is the challenge Paris issues to the Greeks on the battlefield?
(a) For any Greek warrior to steal Helen from him.
(b) For the Greeks to reclaim Helen.
(c) For any Greek warrior to kill him with an arrow.
(d) For any Greek warrior to fight him in man-to-man combat.
4. Why does Agamemnon tell the soldiers that they should give up and go home?
(a) He is telling them his dream.
(b) He wants them all to go home.
(c) He want. to see who really wants to fight.
(d) He is testing their loyalty.
5. What does Zeus suggest to Agamemnon in a dream in order to trick him?
(a) That the Greeks will beat the Trojans in the war.
(b) That the Greeks will rescue Helen in the next battle.
(c) That the Greeks will gain lots of treaures from Troy.
(d) That the Greeks will be victorious over the Trojans in the next batttle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Athena disguise herself as?
2. Why does Hector chastise Paris when he finds Paris with the troops and not preparing to meet his challenger from the Greek army?
3. Who does Thetis appeal to in order to regain honor to Achilles?
4. What god or goddess helps the Trojans in Book 4?
5. According to Zeus, who wins the duel between Paris and his Greek competitor on the battlefield?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)