|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Thetis appeal to in order to regain honor to Achilles?
2. Who was the mortal man responsible for the plague against the army?
3. Why does Hector chastise Paris when he finds Paris with the troops and not preparing to meet his challenger from the Greek army?
(a) For being a coward for not standing up and accepting his challenge.
(b) For bringing the Trojans to war and being a coward.
(c) For bringing the Trojans to the point of war and his selfishness for stealing another man's wife.
(d) For stealing another man's wife.
4. What are the two sides in the war?
(a) The Spartans and the Greeks.
(b) The Creteans and the Trojans.
(c) The Greeks and the Trojans.
(d) The Trojans and the Spartans.
5. What does Agamemnon sacrifice to Zeus in Book 2?
(a) A fat ox.
(b) A fat pig.
(c) A fat cow.
(d) A fat sheep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Achilles' mother?
2. Who speaks to the Greek soldiers to convince them to stay and fight when Agamemnon is telling them to go home?
3. Why does Agamemnon tell the soldiers that they should give up and go home?
4. Which god or goddess protects Paris during the challenge that he issued to the Greeks on the battlefield?
5. Who stops Achilles from killing Agamemnon?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)