|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Zeus, Hera, and Athena arguing about on Mount Olympus after the divine intervention in Paris' duel?
(a) They are arguing if Paris is a coward.
(b) They are arguing who won the war.
(c) They are agreeing not to interfere.
(d) They are arguing over the outcome of the duel.
2. What is the challenge Paris issues to the Greeks on the battlefield?
(a) For any Greek warrior to kill him with an arrow.
(b) For the Greeks to reclaim Helen.
(c) For any Greek warrior to fight him in man-to-man combat.
(d) For any Greek warrior to steal Helen from him.
3. What are the two sides in the war?
(a) The Creteans and the Trojans.
(b) The Trojans and the Spartans.
(c) The Spartans and the Greeks.
(d) The Greeks and the Trojans.
4. Who does Athena disguise herself as?
(a) A goddess.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A Trojan man.
5. Who stops Achilles from killing Agamemnon?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Thetis appeal to in order to regain honor to Achilles?
2. Why is Zeus awake at night in the beginning of Book 2?
3. Who intervenes to prevent the soldiers from deserting Agamemnon?
4. The book opens during what year of the Trojan War?
5. Who accompanies Chryseis back home?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)