|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the challenge Paris issues to the Greeks on the battlefield?
(a) For the Greeks to reclaim Helen.
(b) For any Greek warrior to fight him in man-to-man combat.
(c) For any Greek warrior to steal Helen from him.
(d) For any Greek warrior to kill him with an arrow.
2. What does Agamemnon sacrifice to Zeus in Book 2?
(a) A fat cow.
(b) A fat pig.
(c) A fat ox.
(d) A fat sheep.
3. What does Helen challenge Paris to do?
(a) Fight honorably to keep her.
(b) Go back and fight for her honor.
(c) Go back and finish fighting Menelaus.
(d) Fight without the gods' help.
4. What are Zeus, Hera, and Athena arguing about on Mount Olympus after the divine intervention in Paris' duel?
(a) They are arguing if Paris is a coward.
(b) They are arguing over the outcome of the duel.
(c) They are agreeing not to interfere.
(d) They are arguing who won the war.
5. What god or goddess helps the Trojans in Book 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Agamemnon is confident that what?
2. Why do the men gather down by their vessels at the end of Book 2?
3. According to Zeus, who wins the duel between Paris and his Greek competitor on the battlefield?
4. Who speaks to the Greek soldiers to convince them to stay and fight when Agamemnon is telling them to go home?
5. Who was the mortal man responsible for the plague against the army?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)