|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Agamemnon is confident that what?
(a) That his army is superior.
(b) That the Greeks will win.
(c) The gods are on his side.
(d) That Zeus is on his side.
2. What does Zeus suggest to Agamemnon in a dream in order to trick him?
(a) That the Greeks will gain lots of treaures from Troy.
(b) That the Greeks will be victorious over the Trojans in the next batttle.
(c) That the Greeks will rescue Helen in the next battle.
(d) That the Greeks will beat the Trojans in the war.
3. Who is the wise leader from Pylos who tries to stop Achilles and Agamemnon from arguing?
4. What does Pandaros do to Menelaus in order to break the truce between the Greeks and the Trojans?
(a) Shoot an arrow at Menelaus.
(b) Stab Menelaus with a sword.
(c) Stab Menelaus with a spear.
(d) Run down Menelaus with a horse.
5. Before Pandaros' actions cause more fighting, what are the Greeks and Trojans close to doing?
(a) Ending the war by trading kings.
(b) Giving each other gold to create a peace.
(c) Creating a truce and returning Helen.
(d) Ending the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Thetis appeal to in order to regain honor to Achilles?
2. Who was the mortal man responsible for the plague against the army?
3. What is Helen weaving when she is visited by a divine messenger?
4. What god or goddess helps the Greeks in Book 4?
5. What is the challenge Paris issues to the Greeks on the battlefield?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)