|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Zeus awake at night in the beginning of Book 2?
(a) He is planning on how to win the war for the Trojans.
(b) He is planning on how to bring honor to Achilles.
(c) He is planning on how to humiliate Agamemnon.
(d) He is planning on how to bring Helen home.
2. What does Agamemnon sacrifice to Zeus in Book 2?
(a) A fat sheep.
(b) A fat cow.
(c) A fat ox.
(d) A fat pig.
3. What does Pandaros do to Menelaus in order to break the truce between the Greeks and the Trojans?
(a) Run down Menelaus with a horse.
(b) Stab Menelaus with a spear.
(c) Shoot an arrow at Menelaus.
(d) Stab Menelaus with a sword.
4. Who does King Priam blame for the war?
(b) The gods.
(c) The Greeks.
5. What objects are sacrificed before the duel in Book 3 between Paris and his competition?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hector chastise Paris when he finds Paris with the troops and not preparing to meet his challenger from the Greek army?
2. How does Helen entertain King Priam?
3. Who intervenes to prevent the soldiers from deserting Agamemnon?
4. What is the challenge Paris issues to the Greeks on the battlefield?
5. Who are the two beautiful women that are captured as war prizes?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)