Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is urging Paris to return to the battlefield?
(a) His mother.
(d) Helen and Hector.
2. What does Pandaros do to Menelaus in order to break the truce between the Greeks and the Trojans?
(a) Run down Menelaus with a horse.
(b) Shoot an arrow at Menelaus.
(c) Stab Menelaus with a spear.
(d) Stab Menelaus with a sword.
3. What is the response of the god to Hera's request for him to help the Greeks?
(a) No, he doesn't want to help Hera.
(b) No, he will not disobey Zeus.
(c) No, he doesn't like the Greeks.
(d) No, he isn't interested.
4. What is the challenge Paris issues to the Greeks on the battlefield?
(a) For any Greek warrior to fight him in man-to-man combat.
(b) For any Greek warrior to steal Helen from him.
(c) For any Greek warrior to kill him with an arrow.
(d) For the Greeks to reclaim Helen.
5. Why does Hector say he has to fight?
(a) He is good at fighting.
(b) It is destined by the gods.
(c) It is his responsibility.
(d) He needs to be a leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Achilles send to get information on the war?
2. How does Aphrodite flee the battle in Book 5?
3. What does Agamemnon sacrifice to Zeus in Book 2?
4. Who does Poseidon disguise himself as when he appears to the Greeks after Zeus has taken his eyes off the battlefield?
5. What is one of Achilles' possible destinies?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)