|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Aphrodite's mother?
(c) A mortal.
2. Which god or goddess protects Paris during the challenge that he issued to the Greeks on the battlefield?
3. What does Hector do when the Trojans are forced to retreat?
(a) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to pray to the gods.
(b) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to sacrifice to the gods.
(c) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to evacuate.
(d) Goes into the city and gives a speech to the elders and women.
4. Nestor reminds the men that they have not accomplished what goal?
(a) Conquering Troy.
(b) Bringing glory to their king.
(c) Siezing the treasures of Troy.
(d) Reclaiming Helen.
5. What does lifting the veil from Diomedes' eyes allow him to do?
(a) See the gods during sacrifices.
(b) See the gods on Mount Olympus.
(c) See the gods when they are helping the enemy.
(d) See the gods whenever he wants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Greek man is chosen to fight Hector after Nestor shames them?
2. What god or goddess helps the Greeks in Book 4?
3. Why does Agamemnon tell the soldiers that they should give up and go home?
4. Which Greek man's death is foretold by Zeus to Hera?
5. Why does Andromache not want Hector to go back to the battle?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)