|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Agamemnon is confident that what?
(a) The gods are on his side.
(b) That Zeus is on his side.
(c) That his army is superior.
(d) That the Greeks will win.
2. What objects are sacrificed before the duel in Book 3 between Paris and his competition?
3. How does Aphrodite flee the battle in Book 5?
(a) She borrows horses from Apollo.
(b) She borrows horses from Helen.
(c) She borrows horses from Zeus.
(d) She borrows horses from Ares.
4. Who speaks to the Greek soldiers to convince them to stay and fight when Agamemnon is telling them to go home?
5. Before Pandaros' actions cause more fighting, what are the Greeks and Trojans close to doing?
(a) Ending the war.
(b) Ending the war by trading kings.
(c) Giving each other gold to create a peace.
(d) Creating a truce and returning Helen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hector say he has to fight?
2. According to Zeus, who wins the duel between Paris and his Greek competitor on the battlefield?
3. Who prophesies that the Greeks will win the war against the Trojans in ten years?
4. How is Hector inspired in his plan to stop the fighting?
5. Who is Ares?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)