Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the challenge Paris issues to the Greeks on the battlefield?
(a) For any Greek warrior to steal Helen from him.
(b) For any Greek warrior to kill him with an arrow.
(c) For any Greek warrior to fight him in man-to-man combat.
(d) For the Greeks to reclaim Helen.
2. Why does Agamemnon tell the soldiers that they should give up and go home?
(a) He is telling them his dream.
(b) He want. to see who really wants to fight.
(c) He wants them all to go home.
(d) He is testing their loyalty.
3. What is Helen weaving when she is visited by a divine messenger?
(a) A blue wall hanging with scenes from the war.
(b) A blue robe with scenes from the war.
(c) A red robe with scenes from the war.
(d) A red wall hanging with scenes from the war.
4. Who accompanies Chryseis back home?
5. What are the two sides in the war?
(a) The Greeks and the Trojans.
(b) The Spartans and the Greeks.
(c) The Creteans and the Trojans.
(d) The Trojans and the Spartans.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helen entertain King Priam?
2. What does Agamemnon sacrifice to Zeus in Book 2?
3. Who is the wise leader from Pylos who tries to stop Achilles and Agamemnon from arguing?
4. What are Zeus, Hera, and Athena arguing about on Mount Olympus after the divine intervention in Paris' duel?
5. What objects are sacrificed before the duel in Book 3 between Paris and his competition?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)