|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the men gather down by their vessels at the end of Book 2?
(a) To prove their loyalty.
(b) To stir up the war god.
(c) To get ready to fight.
(d) To go home.
2. Patroclus wears what that belongs to Achilles?
(a) His helmet.
(b) His armor.
(c) His crown.
(d) His clothing.
3. What does Patroclus do for the wound of Eurypylos?
(a) Washes it, stops the flow of blood, gives bitter root to ease the pain, and bandages it.
(b) Washes it, stops the flow of blood, and gives bitter root to ease the pain.
(c) Washes it, stops the flow of blood, and bandages it.
(d) Washes it, gives bitter root to ease the pain, and bandages it.
4. What prevents Diomedes from killing Glaukos?
(a) The gods interfere.
(b) They realize they are relatives.
(c) Their ancestors were friends.
(d) They realize they are on the same side.
5. Which god or goddess do the Greek spies make an offering to after returning safely to the Greek camp?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zeus hope will make Achilles so angry that he will kill Hector?
2. What does Achilles tell his mother he is going to do in response to Patroclus' death?
3. Who recommends that both sides take a break from the war to bury their dead?
4. How is Hector inspired in his plan to stop the fighting?
5. Who goes and spies on the Trojan camp?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)