|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Zeus sends the goddess of Hate down to the Greeks, what does he send Iris to tell Hector?
(a) To pull back until Agamemnon is dead.
(b) To pull back until the morning.
(c) To pull back until Agamemnon asks to talk to Hector.
(d) To pull back until Agamemnon is wounded.
2. After Patroclus is sent to the fighting by Achilles, Achilles asks what of Zeus?
(a) For the Greeks' success and safety.
(b) For no more Greek ships to be burned.
(c) For Patroclus to be unharmed.
(d) For Patroclus' success and safety.
3. Who prophesies that the Greeks will win the war against the Trojans in ten years?
4. What does Zeus forbid the other gods to do after he tells them his plan?
(a) From visiting the mortals on either side.
(b) From helping the mortals on either side.
(c) From accepting sacrifices from the mortals on either side.
(d) From talking about his plans to the mortals on either side.
5. What god or goddess helps the Greeks in Book 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which god or goddess do the Greek spies make an offering to after returning safely to the Greek camp?
2. Poseidon appears to whom in order to inspire him to lead his men onto the battlefield, but stay out of range of arrows so as not to be wounded further?
3. Achilles tells Patroclus that he is not fighting because of what?
4. Who saves Hector from being killed?
5. What weapon does Ajax carry?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)