|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zeus hope will make Achilles so angry that he will kill Hector?
(a) Paris wounding Patroclus.
(b) Hector killing Patroclus.
(c) Hector wounding Patroclus.
(d) Paris killing Patroclus.
2. Patroclus leaves Eurypylos to go to whom?
3. What does Zeus suggest to Agamemnon in a dream in order to trick him?
(a) That the Greeks will be victorious over the Trojans in the next batttle.
(b) That the Greeks will beat the Trojans in the war.
(c) That the Greeks will rescue Helen in the next battle.
(d) That the Greeks will gain lots of treaures from Troy.
4. What does Helen challenge Paris to do?
(a) Fight without the gods' help.
(b) Go back and finish fighting Menelaus.
(c) Fight honorably to keep her.
(d) Go back and fight for her honor.
5. After Patroclus is sent to the fighting by Achilles, Achilles asks what of Zeus?
(a) For no more Greek ships to be burned.
(b) For the Greeks' success and safety.
(c) For Patroclus to be unharmed.
(d) For Patroclus' success and safety.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saves Hector from being killed?
2. Why does Hector say he has to fight?
3. Why is Zeus awake at night in the beginning of Book 2?
4. What does Xanthos promise Achilles?
5. What does Paris decide to do to end the fighting?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)