|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Poulydamas suggest to Hector?
(a) That the men don't cross the ditch.
(b) That the men build a bridge to cross the ditch.
(c) That the men climb on their horses' backs to cross the ditch.
(d) That the men get off their horses to cross the ditch.
2. What does Achilles keep from Patroclus?
(a) His favorite spear.
(b) His armor.
(c) His favorite sword.
(d) His favorite bow and arrows.
3. What is the challenge Paris issues to the Greeks on the battlefield?
(a) For the Greeks to reclaim Helen.
(b) For any Greek warrior to kill him with an arrow.
(c) For any Greek warrior to steal Helen from him.
(d) For any Greek warrior to fight him in man-to-man combat.
4. Which god or goddess protects Paris during the challenge that he issued to the Greeks on the battlefield?
5. What prevents Diomedes from killing Glaukos?
(a) They realize they are on the same side.
(b) Their ancestors were friends.
(c) They realize they are relatives.
(d) The gods interfere.
Short Answer Questions
1. Achilles' mother is the daughter of which god?
2. Who does Nestor meet with in order to discuss what to do now that they were wounded and could not fight?
3. Why does Hector chastise Paris when he finds Paris with the troops and not preparing to meet his challenger from the Greek army?
4. What does Paris promise to Hector when Hector finds him after the Trojans retreat to the city?
5. What do the Greek spies do with the Trojan spy's information?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)