|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zeus send as a sign that he has heard Agamemnon when Hector is on the verge of burning the Greek ships?
(a) An eagle carrying a lamb.
(b) An eagle carrying a deer.
(c) An eagle carrying an ox.
(d) An eagle carrying an olive branch.
2. Who does Helen sit next to when watching Paris taking part in the duel on the battlefield?
(a) King Agamemnon.
(b) King Ageneneis.
(c) King Pyliam.
(d) King Priam.
3. Why is Zeus awake at night in the beginning of Book 2?
(a) He is planning on how to win the war for the Trojans.
(b) He is planning on how to bring Helen home.
(c) He is planning on how to humiliate Agamemnon.
(d) He is planning on how to bring honor to Achilles.
4. What does Thetis advise Achilles to do?
(a) Wear his new armor into battle.
(b) Fight hard with strength.
(c) Pray to the gods for help.
(d) Make up with Agamemnon.
5. Agamemnon is confident that what?
(a) That his army is superior.
(b) That the Greeks will win.
(c) The gods are on his side.
(d) That Zeus is on his side.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Xanthos promise Achilles?
2. Where does Hector find Paris after the Trojans are forced to retreat?
3. Who goes and spies on the Trojan camp?
4. What god or goddess helps the Greeks in Book 4?
5. What god or goddess helps the Trojans in Book 4?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)