|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Agamemnon offers gifts in repentance to Achilles, where does Achilles tell Agamemnon their attention should be?
(a) On killing the Trojans.
(b) On recoving Helen.
(c) On winning the war.
(d) On not losing the war.
2. What does Paris decide to do to end the fighting?
(a) To return all the possessions he took from the Greeks, including Helen.
(b) To give the Greeks gifts.
(c) To return all the possessions he took from the Greeks, along with some gifts.
(d) To give Helen back to the Greeks.
3. What is the response of the god to Hera's request for him to help the Greeks?
(a) No, he doesn't want to help Hera.
(b) No, he will not disobey Zeus.
(c) No, he isn't interested.
(d) No, he doesn't like the Greeks.
4. What prevents Diomedes from killing Glaukos?
(a) Their ancestors were friends.
(b) They realize they are relatives.
(c) They realize they are on the same side.
(d) The gods interfere.
5. Who answers Paris' challenge to the Greeks on the battlefield?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Greek man's death is foretold by Zeus to Hera?
2. What are the two sides in the war?
3. What are Zeus, Hera, and Athena arguing about on Mount Olympus after the divine intervention in Paris' duel?
4. What does Zeus forbid the other gods to do after he tells them his plan?
5. Who does Nestor meet with in order to discuss what to do now that they were wounded and could not fight?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)