|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents Diomedes from killing Glaukos?
(a) They realize they are relatives.
(b) Their ancestors were friends.
(c) The gods interfere.
(d) They realize they are on the same side.
2. Ajax wounds Hector with what?
(a) A spear.
(b) A sword.
(c) An arrow.
(d) A large stone.
3. What does Zeus send as a sign that he has heard Agamemnon when Hector is on the verge of burning the Greek ships?
(a) An eagle carrying a deer.
(b) An eagle carrying a lamb.
(c) An eagle carrying an ox.
(d) An eagle carrying an olive branch.
4. Who opposes the speech which encourages the Greeks to fight after Agamemnon tells them to go home?
5. Who speaks to the Greek soldiers to convince them to stay and fight when Agamemnon is telling them to go home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Zeus send down to the Greeks to stir up the battle?
2. Where is the eagle injured?
3. Why is Zeus awake at night in the beginning of Book 2?
4. What promise does Zeus get from Hera?
5. What is the challenge Paris issues to the Greeks on the battlefield?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)