|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is urging Paris to return to the battlefield?
(c) His mother.
(d) Helen and Hector.
2. Who opposes the speech which encourages the Greeks to fight after Agamemnon tells them to go home?
3. Why does Agamemnon tell the soldiers that they should give up and go home?
(a) He is telling them his dream.
(b) He is testing their loyalty.
(c) He want. to see who really wants to fight.
(d) He wants them all to go home.
4. What does Helen challenge Paris to do?
(a) Fight without the gods' help.
(b) Fight honorably to keep her.
(c) Go back and finish fighting Menelaus.
(d) Go back and fight for her honor.
5. What are the two sides in the war?
(a) The Trojans and the Spartans.
(b) The Creteans and the Trojans.
(c) The Spartans and the Greeks.
(d) The Greeks and the Trojans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Zeus, Hera, and Athena arguing about on Mount Olympus after the divine intervention in Paris' duel?
2. Who speaks to the Greek soldiers to convince them to stay and fight when Agamemnon is telling them to go home?
3. Why is Zeus awake at night in the beginning of Book 2?
4. Agamemnon is confident that what?
5. What god or goddess helps the Trojans in Book 4?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)