|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paris promise to Hector when Hector finds him after the Trojans retreat to the city?
(a) To direct the fighting from the walls.
(b) To prevent Hector's son from dying.
(c) To return to the fighting.
(d) To keep Hector's son safe.
2. Who speaks to the Greek soldiers to convince them to stay and fight when Agamemnon is telling them to go home?
3. How is Hector inspired in his plan to stop the fighting?
(a) Helenos told him of the gods' plan because he overheard the gods.
(b) Helenos told him of the gods' plan as a prophecy.
(c) Hector prayed about it and was told this was his answer.
(d) Zeus sent it to him in a dream.
4. What does Pandaros do to Menelaus in order to break the truce between the Greeks and the Trojans?
(a) Shoot an arrow at Menelaus.
(b) Stab Menelaus with a spear.
(c) Run down Menelaus with a horse.
(d) Stab Menelaus with a sword.
5. What is listed in Book 2?
(a) The gods and which side they are on.
(b) The names of the troops.
(c) The troops and their ships.
(d) The names of the nobles fighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nestor reminds the men that they have not accomplished what goal?
2. Why do the men gather down by their vessels at the end of Book 2?
3. Why does Hector say he has to fight?
4. Who does Athena disguise herself as?
5. Who is urging Paris to return to the battlefield?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)