|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nestor reminds the men that they have not accomplished what goal?
(a) Conquering Troy.
(b) Bringing glory to their king.
(c) Reclaiming Helen.
(d) Siezing the treasures of Troy.
2. What does Helen challenge Paris to do?
(a) Go back and fight for her honor.
(b) Go back and finish fighting Menelaus.
(c) Fight without the gods' help.
(d) Fight honorably to keep her.
3. Why do the men gather down by their vessels at the end of Book 2?
(a) To go home.
(b) To stir up the war god.
(c) To prove their loyalty.
(d) To get ready to fight.
4. How do Diomedes and Glaukos seal their friendship?
(a) By trading horses.
(b) By praying together to the gods.
(c) By trading armor.
(d) By trading swords.
5. Who opposes the speech which encourages the Greeks to fight after Agamemnon tells them to go home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Helen weaving when she is visited by a divine messenger?
2. Which god or goddess protects Paris during the challenge that he issued to the Greeks on the battlefield?
3. Who does Athena disguise herself as?
4. Where did Hector's wife go to see if she can find him?
5. What prevents Diomedes from killing Glaukos?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)