|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is listed in Book 2?
(a) The names of the troops.
(b) The gods and which side they are on.
(c) The troops and their ships.
(d) The names of the nobles fighting.
2. What does Zeus suggest to Agamemnon in a dream in order to trick him?
(a) That the Greeks will gain lots of treaures from Troy.
(b) That the Greeks will be victorious over the Trojans in the next batttle.
(c) That the Greeks will beat the Trojans in the war.
(d) That the Greeks will rescue Helen in the next battle.
3. Who demands that the Trojans concede victory to the Greeks and return Helen?
4. What promise does Zeus get from Hera?
(a) That she cannot protest if Zeus destroys a city that holds men dear to her.
(b) That she cannot protest if Zeus destroys a city where there is a temple to her.
(c) That she cannot protest if Zeus helps the other side.
(d) That she cannot protest if Zeus assures Helen's safety.
5. What is the challenge Paris issues to the Greeks on the battlefield?
(a) For any Greek warrior to fight him in man-to-man combat.
(b) For any Greek warrior to kill him with an arrow.
(c) For the Greeks to reclaim Helen.
(d) For any Greek warrior to steal Helen from him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Agamemnon tell the soldiers that they should give up and go home?
2. Who is urging Paris to return to the battlefield?
3. What god or goddess helps the Trojans in Book 4?
4. What is Helen weaving when she is visited by a divine messenger?
5. Who prophesies that the Greeks will win the war against the Trojans in ten years?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)