|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first man who offers to fight Hector when Hector challenges the Greeks to a duel so that the fighting can end??
2. Who decides the violence should end?
(a) Ares and Athena.
(b) Apollo and Ares.
(c) Apollo and Athena.
3. Who does Hector pray to for his son to be a great ruler?
4. How is Hector inspired in his plan to stop the fighting?
(a) Helenos told him of the gods' plan as a prophecy.
(b) Helenos told him of the gods' plan because he overheard the gods.
(c) Hector prayed about it and was told this was his answer.
(d) Zeus sent it to him in a dream.
5. Which god or goddess protects Paris during the challenge that he issued to the Greeks on the battlefield?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pandaros do to Menelaus in order to break the truce between the Greeks and the Trojans?
2. Who opposes the speech which encourages the Greeks to fight after Agamemnon tells them to go home?
3. What does Helen challenge Paris to do?
4. What god or goddess helps the Trojans in Book 4?
5. After Zeus and Hera come to an agreement on Mount Olympus, who is sent to stir the men up to battle?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)