|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the men gather down by their vessels at the end of Book 2?
(a) To prove their loyalty.
(b) To stir up the war god.
(c) To go home.
(d) To get ready to fight.
2. Why does Agamemnon tell the soldiers that they should give up and go home?
(a) He is telling them his dream.
(b) He want. to see who really wants to fight.
(c) He wants them all to go home.
(d) He is testing their loyalty.
3. What prevents Diomedes from killing Glaukos?
(a) Their ancestors were friends.
(b) They realize they are on the same side.
(c) They realize they are relatives.
(d) The gods interfere.
4. What does Helen challenge Paris to do?
(a) Go back and fight for her honor.
(b) Fight honorably to keep her.
(c) Fight without the gods' help.
(d) Go back and finish fighting Menelaus.
5. Who demands that the Trojans concede victory to the Greeks and return Helen?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hector pray to for his son to be a great ruler?
2. Which Greek man is chosen to fight Hector after Nestor shames them?
3. What does Pandaros do to Menelaus in order to break the truce between the Greeks and the Trojans?
4. Who does Helen sit next to when watching Paris taking part in the duel on the battlefield?
5. Why does Hector chastise Paris when he finds Paris with the troops and not preparing to meet his challenger from the Greek army?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)