|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Helen weaving when she is visited by a divine messenger?
(a) A red robe with scenes from the war.
(b) A blue wall hanging with scenes from the war.
(c) A blue robe with scenes from the war.
(d) A red wall hanging with scenes from the war.
2. How does Helen entertain King Priam?
(a) She tells him jokes.
(b) She makes fun of the men fighting.
(c) She points out Greek warriors she remembers.
(d) She tells him stories of her life before Paris.
3. According to Zeus, who wins the duel between Paris and his Greek competitor on the battlefield?
(a) The Trojans.
(b) The Greeks.
4. Which god or goddess protects Paris during the challenge that he issued to the Greeks on the battlefield?
5. Where does Hector find Paris after the Trojans are forced to retreat?
(a) In the dining room with Helen.
(b) In the stables with Helen.
(c) In the gardens with Helen.
(d) In his chambers with Helen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hector chastise Paris when he finds Paris with the troops and not preparing to meet his challenger from the Greek army?
2. After Zeus and Hera come to an agreement on Mount Olympus, who is sent to stir the men up to battle?
3. Who answers Paris' challenge to the Greeks on the battlefield?
4. How do Diomedes and Glaukos seal their friendship?
5. What promise does Zeus get from Hera?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)