|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Zeus and Hera come to an agreement on Mount Olympus, who is sent to stir the men up to battle?
2. What god or goddess helps the Greeks in Book 4?
3. Nestor reminds the men that they have not accomplished what goal?
(a) Bringing glory to their king.
(b) Conquering Troy.
(c) Reclaiming Helen.
(d) Siezing the treasures of Troy.
4. Who does Hector pray to for his son to be a great ruler?
5. Why does Hector chastise Paris when he finds Paris with the troops and not preparing to meet his challenger from the Greek army?
(a) For being a coward for not standing up and accepting his challenge.
(b) For stealing another man's wife.
(c) For bringing the Trojans to war and being a coward.
(d) For bringing the Trojans to the point of war and his selfishness for stealing another man's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What promise does Zeus get from Hera?
2. Why do the men gather down by their vessels at the end of Book 2?
3. Why does Hector say he has to fight?
4. Who is the first man who offers to fight Hector when Hector challenges the Greeks to a duel so that the fighting can end??
5. According to Zeus, who wins the duel between Paris and his Greek competitor on the battlefield?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)