|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise does Zeus get from Hera?
(a) That she cannot protest if Zeus assures Helen's safety.
(b) That she cannot protest if Zeus destroys a city that holds men dear to her.
(c) That she cannot protest if Zeus helps the other side.
(d) That she cannot protest if Zeus destroys a city where there is a temple to her.
2. Who does King Priam blame for the war?
(a) The gods.
(d) The Greeks.
3. Which goddess hates Troy?
4. What does Helen challenge Paris to do?
(a) Fight without the gods' help.
(b) Go back and fight for her honor.
(c) Fight honorably to keep her.
(d) Go back and finish fighting Menelaus.
5. Which god or goddess protects Paris during the challenge that he issued to the Greeks on the battlefield?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the men gather down by their vessels at the end of Book 2?
2. What does Paris promise to Hector when Hector finds him after the Trojans retreat to the city?
3. What does Agamemnon sacrifice to Zeus in Book 2?
4. Before Pandaros' actions cause more fighting, what are the Greeks and Trojans close to doing?
5. Who opposes the speech which encourages the Greeks to fight after Agamemnon tells them to go home?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)