|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Greek man's death is foretold by Zeus to Hera?
2. What will Pandaros get if he follows the advice of Athena and causes more fighting?
(a) Great honor.
(b) A place among the gods.
(c) Great glory.
(d) A place among the kings and princes.
3. After Zeus sends the goddess of Hate down to the Greeks, what does he send Iris to tell Hector?
(a) To pull back until Agamemnon is wounded.
(b) To pull back until the morning.
(c) To pull back until Agamemnon is dead.
(d) To pull back until Agamemnon asks to talk to Hector.
4. Who does King Priam blame for the war?
(b) The gods.
(d) The Greeks.
5. What does Zeus send as a sign that he has heard Agamemnon when Hector is on the verge of burning the Greek ships?
(a) An eagle carrying an ox.
(b) An eagle carrying a deer.
(c) An eagle carrying an olive branch.
(d) An eagle carrying a lamb.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who must breathe strength into Hector?
2. Who decides the violence should end?
3. What is Helen weaving when she is visited by a divine messenger?
4. Apollo reminds Patroclus of what?
5. What is the eagle carrying when it appears as a sign as the Trojans are trying to cross the ditch on foot?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)