|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Patroclus do for the wound of Eurypylos?
(a) Washes it, gives bitter root to ease the pain, and bandages it.
(b) Washes it, stops the flow of blood, and bandages it.
(c) Washes it, stops the flow of blood, and gives bitter root to ease the pain.
(d) Washes it, stops the flow of blood, gives bitter root to ease the pain, and bandages it.
2. Why does Hector say he has to fight?
(a) He needs to be a leader.
(b) It is his responsibility.
(c) He is good at fighting.
(d) It is destined by the gods.
3. Where does Achilles watch the battle from?
(a) His ship.
(b) A hilltop.
(c) The city walls.
(d) The back of the army.
4. What advice does Zeus let Athena give to the Greeks after she promises not to interfere?
(a) Give advice to the Greeks to minimize their losses.
(b) Give advice to the Greeks on their retreat.
(c) Give advice to the Greeks to maximize their victory.
(d) Give advice to the Greeks to retrieve Helen.
5. What does Paris promise to Hector when Hector finds him after the Trojans retreat to the city?
(a) To direct the fighting from the walls.
(b) To keep Hector's son safe.
(c) To return to the fighting.
(d) To prevent Hector's son from dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Helen angers Aphrodite in Book 3?
2. Who kills Adrestos?
3. What frightens Hector's son?
4. Who does Zeus send down to the Greeks to stir up the battle?
5. Who suggests that Odysseus, Diomedes, and Agamemnon go to the battlefield to be seen and not fight?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)