|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does King Priam blame for the war?
(b) The Greeks.
(c) The gods.
2. After Zeus sends the goddess of Hate down to the Greeks, what does he send Iris to tell Hector?
(a) To pull back until the morning.
(b) To pull back until Agamemnon is wounded.
(c) To pull back until Agamemnon asks to talk to Hector.
(d) To pull back until Agamemnon is dead.
3. Poseidon appears to whom in order to inspire him to lead his men onto the battlefield, but stay out of range of arrows so as not to be wounded further?
4. Who does Hector pray to for his son to be a great ruler?
5. What prevents Diomedes from killing Glaukos?
(a) Their ancestors were friends.
(b) They realize they are on the same side.
(c) They realize they are relatives.
(d) The gods interfere.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Andromache not want Hector to go back to the battle?
2. Where does Hector find Paris after the Trojans are forced to retreat?
3. Who kills Adrestos?
4. Who's withdrawal weakens the Trojan army?
5. Who suggests that Odysseus, Diomedes, and Agamemnon go to the battlefield to be seen and not fight?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)