|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Andromache not want Hector to go back to the battle?
(a) She does not want him to kill any more Greeks.
(b) She does not want to live without him.
(c) She does not want to be a widow and her son an orphan.
(d) She wants him to take over for Paris.
2. Who does Achilles send to get information on the war?
(a) No one.
3. What does Zeus forbid the other gods to do after he tells them his plan?
(a) From visiting the mortals on either side.
(b) From helping the mortals on either side.
(c) From talking about his plans to the mortals on either side.
(d) From accepting sacrifices from the mortals on either side.
4. Where does Achilles watch the battle from?
(a) The city walls.
(b) The back of the army.
(c) A hilltop.
(d) His ship.
5. Why does Hector chastise Paris when he finds Paris with the troops and not preparing to meet his challenger from the Greek army?
(a) For being a coward for not standing up and accepting his challenge.
(b) For bringing the Trojans to war and being a coward.
(c) For bringing the Trojans to the point of war and his selfishness for stealing another man's wife.
(d) For stealing another man's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paris promise to Hector when Hector finds him after the Trojans retreat to the city?
2. Who kills Adrestos?
3. Who demands that the Trojans concede victory to the Greeks and return Helen?
4. Who does King Priam blame for the war?
5. What about Helen angers Aphrodite in Book 3?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)