|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What objects are sacrificed before the duel in Book 3 between Paris and his competition?
2. Who does Zeus send down to the Greeks to stir up the battle?
3. What does Hector do when the Trojans are forced to retreat?
(a) Goes into the city and gives a speech to the elders and women.
(b) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to evacuate.
(c) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to pray to the gods.
(d) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to sacrifice to the gods.
4. Why does Hector chastise Paris when he finds Paris with the troops and not preparing to meet his challenger from the Greek army?
(a) For being a coward for not standing up and accepting his challenge.
(b) For bringing the Trojans to the point of war and his selfishness for stealing another man's wife.
(c) For bringing the Trojans to war and being a coward.
(d) For stealing another man's wife.
5. What frightens Hector's son?
(a) The sounds of battle.
(b) His sword.
(c) The plume on his helmet.
(d) The noise of his armor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who demands that the Trojans concede victory to the Greeks and return Helen?
2. How does Helen entertain King Priam?
3. What advice does Zeus let Athena give to the Greeks after she promises not to interfere?
4. Who does Hector pray to for his son to be a great ruler?
5. Ajax wounds Hector with what?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)