|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hector do when the Trojans are forced to retreat?
(a) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to sacrifice to the gods.
(b) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to pray to the gods.
(c) Goes into the city and gives a speech to the elders and women.
(d) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to evacuate.
2. How does Helen entertain King Priam?
(a) She makes fun of the men fighting.
(b) She tells him stories of her life before Paris.
(c) She tells him jokes.
(d) She points out Greek warriors she remembers.
3. Why does Hector say he has to fight?
(a) It is his responsibility.
(b) He needs to be a leader.
(c) It is destined by the gods.
(d) He is good at fighting.
4. What objects are sacrificed before the duel in Book 3 between Paris and his competition?
5. Where does Achilles watch the battle from?
(a) The city walls.
(b) His ship.
(c) A hilltop.
(d) The back of the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Patroclus do for the wound of Eurypylos?
2. Where did Hector's wife go to see if she can find him?
3. What is the response of the god to Hera's request for him to help the Greeks?
4. Why does Hector chastise Paris when he finds Paris with the troops and not preparing to meet his challenger from the Greek army?
5. Where does Hector find Paris after the Trojans are forced to retreat?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)