|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Helen angers Aphrodite in Book 3?
(a) That Helen can resist her.
(b) That Helen is unhappy.
(c) That Helen wants Menelaus.
(d) That Helen doesn't want to go to Paris.
2. What is Helen weaving when she is visited by a divine messenger?
(a) A red wall hanging with scenes from the war.
(b) A blue wall hanging with scenes from the war.
(c) A red robe with scenes from the war.
(d) A blue robe with scenes from the war.
3. How does Helen entertain King Priam?
(a) She tells him jokes.
(b) She tells him stories of her life before Paris.
(c) She makes fun of the men fighting.
(d) She points out Greek warriors she remembers.
4. What does Hector do when the Trojans are forced to retreat?
(a) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to evacuate.
(b) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to sacrifice to the gods.
(c) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to pray to the gods.
(d) Goes into the city and gives a speech to the elders and women.
5. Who's withdrawal weakens the Trojan army?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zeus send as a sign that he has heard Agamemnon when Hector is on the verge of burning the Greek ships?
2. What prevents Diomedes from killing Glaukos?
3. Which Greek man's death is foretold by Zeus to Hera?
4. Why does Andromache not want Hector to go back to the battle?
5. What is the response of the god to Hera's request for him to help the Greeks?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)