|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Andromache not want Hector to go back to the battle?
(a) She does not want him to kill any more Greeks.
(b) She wants him to take over for Paris.
(c) She does not want to live without him.
(d) She does not want to be a widow and her son an orphan.
2. What is Helen weaving when she is visited by a divine messenger?
(a) A red wall hanging with scenes from the war.
(b) A blue robe with scenes from the war.
(c) A red robe with scenes from the war.
(d) A blue wall hanging with scenes from the war.
3. Why does Hector chastise Paris when he finds Paris with the troops and not preparing to meet his challenger from the Greek army?
(a) For stealing another man's wife.
(b) For being a coward for not standing up and accepting his challenge.
(c) For bringing the Trojans to the point of war and his selfishness for stealing another man's wife.
(d) For bringing the Trojans to war and being a coward.
4. Who does Helen sit next to when watching Paris taking part in the duel on the battlefield?
(a) King Pyliam.
(b) King Priam.
(c) King Ageneneis.
(d) King Agamemnon.
5. Poseidon appears to whom in order to inspire him to lead his men onto the battlefield, but stay out of range of arrows so as not to be wounded further?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helen entertain King Priam?
2. Who is urging Paris to return to the battlefield?
3. Ajax wounds Hector with what?
4. What is the challenge Paris issues to the Greeks on the battlefield?
5. What does Helen challenge Paris to do?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)