|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helen challenge Paris to do?
(a) Fight without the gods' help.
(b) Go back and fight for her honor.
(c) Fight honorably to keep her.
(d) Go back and finish fighting Menelaus.
2. Poseidon appears to whom in order to inspire him to lead his men onto the battlefield, but stay out of range of arrows so as not to be wounded further?
3. What is the response of the god to Hera's request for him to help the Greeks?
(a) No, he doesn't like the Greeks.
(b) No, he will not disobey Zeus.
(c) No, he isn't interested.
(d) No, he doesn't want to help Hera.
4. What about Helen angers Aphrodite in Book 3?
(a) That Helen is unhappy.
(b) That Helen doesn't want to go to Paris.
(c) That Helen can resist her.
(d) That Helen wants Menelaus.
5. What does Zeus forbid the other gods to do after he tells them his plan?
(a) From accepting sacrifices from the mortals on either side.
(b) From talking about his plans to the mortals on either side.
(c) From helping the mortals on either side.
(d) From visiting the mortals on either side.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Eurypylos been wounded
2. Where does Hector find Paris after the Trojans are forced to retreat?
3. What objects are sacrificed before the duel in Book 3 between Paris and his competition?
4. Ajax wounds Hector with what?
5. Who answers Paris' challenge to the Greeks on the battlefield?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)