|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Zeus let Athena give to the Greeks after she promises not to interfere?
(a) Give advice to the Greeks on their retreat.
(b) Give advice to the Greeks to minimize their losses.
(c) Give advice to the Greeks to retrieve Helen.
(d) Give advice to the Greeks to maximize their victory.
2. Which god or goddess protects Paris during the challenge that he issued to the Greeks on the battlefield?
3. Why does Andromache not want Hector to go back to the battle?
(a) She does not want to be a widow and her son an orphan.
(b) She does not want him to kill any more Greeks.
(c) She does not want to live without him.
(d) She wants him to take over for Paris.
4. Where does Hector find Paris after the Trojans are forced to retreat?
(a) In the gardens with Helen.
(b) In his chambers with Helen.
(c) In the stables with Helen.
(d) In the dining room with Helen.
5. Who answers Paris' challenge to the Greeks on the battlefield?
Short Answer Questions
1. Poseidon appears to whom in order to inspire him to lead his men onto the battlefield, but stay out of range of arrows so as not to be wounded further?
2. What is Helen weaving when she is visited by a divine messenger?
3. Why does Hector chastise Paris when he finds Paris with the troops and not preparing to meet his challenger from the Greek army?
4. After Zeus sends the goddess of Hate down to the Greeks, what does he send Iris to tell Hector?
5. What does Zeus send as a sign that he has heard Agamemnon when Hector is on the verge of burning the Greek ships?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)