|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hera do to Poseidon?
(a) Tells him she is going to tell Zeus of his disobedience.
(b) Puts him into a deep sleep.
(c) Asks him to keep interfering.
2. Who answers Paris' challenge to the Greeks on the battlefield?
3. Why does Hector say he has to fight?
(a) He is good at fighting.
(b) It is destined by the gods.
(c) It is his responsibility.
(d) He needs to be a leader.
4. What does Paris promise to Hector when Hector finds him after the Trojans retreat to the city?
(a) To direct the fighting from the walls.
(b) To prevent Hector's son from dying.
(c) To return to the fighting.
(d) To keep Hector's son safe.
5. Where does Hector find Paris after the Trojans are forced to retreat?
(a) In the gardens with Helen.
(b) In his chambers with Helen.
(c) In the stables with Helen.
(d) In the dining room with Helen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Helen angers Aphrodite in Book 3?
2. Who demands that the Trojans concede victory to the Greeks and return Helen?
3. What is the challenge Paris issues to the Greeks on the battlefield?
4. What does Patroclus do for the wound of Eurypylos?
5. What is Helen weaving when she is visited by a divine messenger?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)