|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Andromache not want Hector to go back to the battle?
(a) She does not want to live without him.
(b) She wants him to take over for Paris.
(c) She does not want him to kill any more Greeks.
(d) She does not want to be a widow and her son an orphan.
2. What prevents Diomedes from killing Glaukos?
(a) The gods interfere.
(b) They realize they are relatives.
(c) They realize they are on the same side.
(d) Their ancestors were friends.
3. How do Diomedes and Glaukos seal their friendship?
(a) By trading swords.
(b) By praying together to the gods.
(c) By trading horses.
(d) By trading armor.
4. Where is the eagle injured?
(a) Chest and throat.
(b) Head and chest.
(c) Neck and stomach.
(d) Chest and neck.
5. Where do the Greeks retreat to?
(a) Their cities.
(b) Their camp.
(c) Their ships.
(d) Their fort.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the eagle carrying when it appears as a sign as the Trojans are trying to cross the ditch on foot?
2. Where did Hector's wife go to see if she can find him?
3. Who kills Adrestos?
4. Where does Hector find Paris after the Trojans are forced to retreat?
5. Who is Hera's messenger to Achilles?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)