|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Poulydamas suggest to Hector?
(a) That the men climb on their horses' backs to cross the ditch.
(b) That the men get off their horses to cross the ditch.
(c) That the men build a bridge to cross the ditch.
(d) That the men don't cross the ditch.
2. How do Diomedes and Glaukos seal their friendship?
(a) By trading armor.
(b) By trading horses.
(c) By trading swords.
(d) By praying together to the gods.
3. Who is urging Paris to return to the battlefield?
(a) His mother.
(d) Helen and Hector.
4. Who is Hera's messenger to Achilles?
(b) She goes herself.
5. What frightens Hector's son?
(a) The noise of his armor.
(b) The plume on his helmet.
(c) The sounds of battle.
(d) His sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Athena do to Achilles?
2. Who does Hector pray to for his son to be a great ruler?
3. Where do the Greeks retreat to?
4. What does Achilles' mother ask him to wait for?
5. What does Achilles tell his mother he is going to do in response to Patroclus' death?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)