|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Andromache not want Hector to go back to the battle?
(a) She wants him to take over for Paris.
(b) She does not want to be a widow and her son an orphan.
(c) She does not want to live without him.
(d) She does not want him to kill any more Greeks.
2. Where does Hector find Paris after the Trojans are forced to retreat?
(a) In the gardens with Helen.
(b) In the dining room with Helen.
(c) In the stables with Helen.
(d) In his chambers with Helen.
3. What does Athena do to Achilles?
(a) Makes him more visible with a bright star over his head.
(b) Makes him more visible with a shining sun over his head.
(c) Makes him more visible with a cloud of fire over his head.
(d) Makes him more visible by shining the sun on him.
4. What does Paris promise to Hector when Hector finds him after the Trojans retreat to the city?
(a) To prevent Hector's son from dying.
(b) To keep Hector's son safe.
(c) To direct the fighting from the walls.
(d) To return to the fighting.
5. Where do the Greeks retreat to?
(a) Their fort.
(b) Their ships.
(c) Their cities.
(d) Their camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the eagle carrying when it appears as a sign as the Trojans are trying to cross the ditch on foot?
2. What did the Greeks build without Poseidon's permission?
3. What frightens Hector's son?
4. Who is urging Paris to return to the battlefield?
5. Who is Hera's messenger to Achilles?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)