|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hector do when the Trojans are forced to retreat?
(a) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to evacuate.
(b) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to pray to the gods.
(c) Goes into the city and gives a speech to the elders and women.
(d) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to sacrifice to the gods.
2. Who is Hera's messenger to Achilles?
(a) She goes herself.
3. What does Poulydamas suggest to Hector?
(a) That the men climb on their horses' backs to cross the ditch.
(b) That the men build a bridge to cross the ditch.
(c) That the men get off their horses to cross the ditch.
(d) That the men don't cross the ditch.
4. Where is the eagle injured?
(a) Neck and stomach.
(b) Head and chest.
(c) Chest and neck.
(d) Chest and throat.
5. What does Paris promise to Hector when Hector finds him after the Trojans retreat to the city?
(a) To keep Hector's son safe.
(b) To return to the fighting.
(c) To direct the fighting from the walls.
(d) To prevent Hector's son from dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Achilles tell his mother he is going to do in response to Patroclus' death?
2. Where do the Greeks retreat to?
3. Who kills Adrestos?
4. What does Athena do to Achilles?
5. What prevents Diomedes from killing Glaukos?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)