|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the eagle carrying when it appears as a sign as the Trojans are trying to cross the ditch on foot?
(a) A lamb.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A red snake.
(d) A deer.
2. Who is the fire god?
3. What frightens Hector's son?
(a) The sounds of battle.
(b) The plume on his helmet.
(c) His sword.
(d) The noise of his armor.
4. What does Achilles tell his mother he is going to do in response to Patroclus' death?
(a) Avenge Patroclus and kill the Trojans.
(b) Enter the fighting to end the war.
(c) Enter the fighting because he should have been there
(d) Avenge Patroclus and kill Hector.
5. What does Athena do to Achilles?
(a) Makes him more visible by shining the sun on him.
(b) Makes him more visible with a bright star over his head.
(c) Makes him more visible with a shining sun over his head.
(d) Makes him more visible with a cloud of fire over his head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Adrestos?
2. When do the Trojans finally break through the wall?
3. Who is Hera's messenger to Achilles?
4. Who comes to grieve Patroclus' death with Achilles?
5. What prevents Diomedes from killing Glaukos?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)