|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the Trojans finally break through the wall?
(a) When the wall collapses.
(b) When their horses break it down.
(c) When they see the eagle.
(d) When Hector leads them.
2. Who is Hera's messenger to Achilles?
(a) She goes herself.
3. What does Achilles' mother ask him to wait for?
(a) Her to bring back a new set of armor.
(b) Her to bring back a god-made weapon.
(c) Her to bring back a set of sea-armor.
(d) Her to bring back fighters.
4. What prevents Diomedes from killing Glaukos?
(a) They realize they are relatives.
(b) They realize they are on the same side.
(c) Their ancestors were friends.
(d) The gods interfere.
5. What is the eagle carrying when it appears as a sign as the Trojans are trying to cross the ditch on foot?
(a) A lamb.
(b) A red snake.
(c) A deer.
(d) A rabbit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to grieve Patroclus' death with Achilles?
2. What frightens Hector's son?
3. Why does Hector say he has to fight?
4. What does Paris promise to Hector when Hector finds him after the Trojans retreat to the city?
5. Where does Hector find Paris after the Trojans are forced to retreat?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)