|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Athena do to Achilles?
(a) Makes him more visible with a cloud of fire over his head.
(b) Makes him more visible with a bright star over his head.
(c) Makes him more visible by shining the sun on him.
(d) Makes him more visible with a shining sun over his head.
2. Who is Hera's messenger to Achilles?
(d) She goes herself.
3. Who is urging Paris to return to the battlefield?
(a) His mother.
(b) Helen and Hector.
4. How do Diomedes and Glaukos seal their friendship?
(a) By praying together to the gods.
(b) By trading horses.
(c) By trading swords.
(d) By trading armor.
5. Where is the eagle injured?
(a) Chest and throat.
(b) Head and chest.
(c) Chest and neck.
(d) Neck and stomach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Poulydamas suggest to Hector?
2. What does Hector do when the Trojans are forced to retreat?
3. Where does Hector find Paris after the Trojans are forced to retreat?
4. Why does Andromache not want Hector to go back to the battle?
5. What does Achilles' mother ask him to wait for?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)