|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the eagle carrying when it appears as a sign as the Trojans are trying to cross the ditch on foot?
(a) A lamb.
(b) A red snake.
(c) A deer.
(d) A rabbit.
2. What does Athena do to Achilles?
(a) Makes him more visible by shining the sun on him.
(b) Makes him more visible with a cloud of fire over his head.
(c) Makes him more visible with a bright star over his head.
(d) Makes him more visible with a shining sun over his head.
3. Where is the eagle injured?
(a) Chest and neck.
(b) Neck and stomach.
(c) Chest and throat.
(d) Head and chest.
4. Why does Hector say he has to fight?
(a) It is his responsibility.
(b) He is good at fighting.
(c) He needs to be a leader.
(d) It is destined by the gods.
5. Who is Hera's messenger to Achilles?
(d) She goes herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Achilles' mother ask him to wait for?
2. What prevents Diomedes from killing Glaukos?
3. What does Poulydamas suggest to Hector?
4. When do the Trojans finally break through the wall?
5. Where does Hector find Paris after the Trojans are forced to retreat?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)