|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Diomedes and Glaukos seal their friendship?
(a) By trading swords.
(b) By trading armor.
(c) By trading horses.
(d) By praying together to the gods.
2. Who is urging Paris to return to the battlefield?
(a) His mother.
(b) Helen and Hector.
3. What frightens Hector's son?
(a) The sounds of battle.
(b) The noise of his armor.
(c) The plume on his helmet.
(d) His sword.
4. What does Athena do to Achilles?
(a) Makes him more visible with a bright star over his head.
(b) Makes him more visible with a shining sun over his head.
(c) Makes him more visible by shining the sun on him.
(d) Makes him more visible with a cloud of fire over his head.
5. What does Achilles' mother ask him to wait for?
(a) Her to bring back a set of sea-armor.
(b) Her to bring back a new set of armor.
(c) Her to bring back a god-made weapon.
(d) Her to bring back fighters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the fire god?
2. When do the Trojans finally break through the wall?
3. What is the eagle carrying when it appears as a sign as the Trojans are trying to cross the ditch on foot?
4. Why does Andromache not want Hector to go back to the battle?
5. What does Paris promise to Hector when Hector finds him after the Trojans retreat to the city?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)