|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the eagle injured?
(a) Chest and neck.
(b) Head and chest.
(c) Chest and throat.
(d) Neck and stomach.
2. Who is urging Paris to return to the battlefield?
(b) Helen and Hector.
(d) His mother.
3. What prevents Diomedes from killing Glaukos?
(a) They realize they are relatives.
(b) They realize they are on the same side.
(c) Their ancestors were friends.
(d) The gods interfere.
4. How do Diomedes and Glaukos seal their friendship?
(a) By trading armor.
(b) By trading horses.
(c) By trading swords.
(d) By praying together to the gods.
5. Why does Andromache not want Hector to go back to the battle?
(a) She wants him to take over for Paris.
(b) She does not want to live without him.
(c) She does not want to be a widow and her son an orphan.
(d) She does not want him to kill any more Greeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Athena do to Achilles?
2. Where do the Greeks retreat to?
3. What frightens Hector's son?
4. What does Achilles tell his mother he is going to do in response to Patroclus' death?
5. What is the eagle carrying when it appears as a sign as the Trojans are trying to cross the ditch on foot?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)