|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hector say he has to fight?
(a) He needs to be a leader.
(b) It is his responsibility.
(c) He is good at fighting.
(d) It is destined by the gods.
2. Where is the eagle injured?
(a) Chest and neck.
(b) Head and chest.
(c) Neck and stomach.
(d) Chest and throat.
3. What frightens Hector's son?
(a) The plume on his helmet.
(b) The sounds of battle.
(c) The noise of his armor.
(d) His sword.
4. Why does Andromache not want Hector to go back to the battle?
(a) She does not want him to kill any more Greeks.
(b) She wants him to take over for Paris.
(c) She does not want to be a widow and her son an orphan.
(d) She does not want to live without him.
5. What does Poulydamas suggest to Hector?
(a) That the men climb on their horses' backs to cross the ditch.
(b) That the men build a bridge to cross the ditch.
(c) That the men get off their horses to cross the ditch.
(d) That the men don't cross the ditch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the eagle carrying when it appears as a sign as the Trojans are trying to cross the ditch on foot?
2. When do the Trojans finally break through the wall?
3. Where did Hector's wife go to see if she can find him?
4. What does Paris promise to Hector when Hector finds him after the Trojans retreat to the city?
5. Who is Hera's messenger to Achilles?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)