Objective: Book 1: Achilles and Agamemnon have a fight, which results in Achilles leaving the battle. The objective of this lesson is to discuss the role of conflict in society.
1) Divide the class into pairs. Have each pair pick a conflict, and create an argument based on that conflict. As homework: have each student write a resolution to the conflicts presented in class.
2) Make a list of various conflicts in society. Have each student pick a side on the conflict, and write why they chose that side.
3) For class discussion: Discuss why Achilles and Agamemnon couldn't come to a resolution of the conflict. What values or characteristics did each person possess that didn't allow resolution of a conflict.
4) For Homework: Prepare a list of values that prevent a conflict from being solved. Be prepared to discuss why these values hinder the resolution of conflict.
5) For Homework: Discover a...
This section contains 7,664 words
(approx. 26 pages at 300 words per page)