Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Book 1 Abstract
* Agamemnon captures two women and brings a plague down on his army.
* Agamemnon returns one woman to remove the plague.
* Agamemnon takes Briseis and so Achilles is angry and leave the fight.
* Achilles' mother persuades Zeus to side with the Trojans until Achilles' honor is restored.
Book 2 Abstract
* Zeus sends a dream to Agamemnon...
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)