Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose confession does the Captain show the don during an interrogation in Section 9?
2. Who helps the police retrieve Nicolosi's body in the book?
3. How does the wife of the high-ranking minister shown at the beginning of Section 8 react when he answers the phone?
4. According to the first confession the police hear in Section 7, who does Pizzuco assure he will take care of the witness that saw him after the murder?
5. How many murders does the confession the police show Marchica blame on him?
Examine the symbolic meaning of the owl that is presented in the book. Why do you think the author chose to name his book "The Day of the Owl", especially considering the speech he makes about owls in Section 8 of the book?
Compare and contrast the author's use of both psychological themes alongside realistic observations. How does the author's mixing of these two methods add complexity to the story and what are you able to learn after being given these two observations?
The author makes a great effort to showcase the true nature of the interrogation throughout the book. Part 1.) What can we learn about the nature of the police based on the way they interrogate witnesses and suspects in the book? Part 2.) What can we learn about the nature of members of the mafia based on their reactions to being interrogated by police in the book? Part 3.) How does the author present a moral dilemma in the book's characters through the portrayal of interrogation?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)