|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the girls Captain Bellodi and his friend meet in Section 10 believe heats the blood of Sicilian people?
2. According to the first confession the police hear in Section 7, who offers Marchica money for Colasberna's murder?
3. Where does Captain Bellodi say he knows he will go to at the end of the book?
4. According to the first confession the police hear in Section 7, who disposes of the murder weapon?
5. What does a man reveal to a high-ranking minister will be on the front page of a newspaper at the beginning of Section 8?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's use of regionalism throughout the book. How does the author input regional characteristics in the book and what purpose do you think he had for using this method?
Essay Topic 2
The leading theme throughout the book is the discovery and battle of right versus wrong. Part 1.) What appears to be the author's overall message regarding the nature of the battle between right and wrong based on the outcome of the book? Part 2.) Is there a possibility of those fighting for what is right to beat out those encouraging what is wrong, and if so how could this be achieved? Part 3.) What appears to be the captain's next step in fighting for right to overcome wrong based on his thoughts at the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the author's use of both psychological themes alongside realistic observations. How does the author's mixing of these two methods add complexity to the story and what are you able to learn after being given these two observations?
This section contains 1,337 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)