|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose office is the man the police allow to sit in the captain's office during interrogation able to see into?
2. What is the name of the person with a spotless reputation that gives Marchica an alibi in Section 10?
3. What does Marchica believe after the police show him a confession in Section 6?
4. What do the characters shown at the beginning of Section 9 say they will provide for Marchica?
5. Which character has been to prison many times and doesn't really mind going back in the book?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's use of regionalism throughout the book. How does the author input regional characteristics in the book and what purpose do you think he had for using this method?
Essay Topic 2
The leading theme throughout the book is the discovery and battle of right versus wrong. Part 1.) What appears to be the author's overall message regarding the nature of the battle between right and wrong based on the outcome of the book? Part 2.) Is there a possibility of those fighting for what is right to beat out those encouraging what is wrong, and if so how could this be achieved? Part 3.) What appears to be the captain's next step in fighting for right to overcome wrong based on his thoughts at the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's portrayal of the confession in the book. How does the author portray the level of desperation felt by police based on the way they obtain confessions from the mafia in the book?
This section contains 1,326 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)