|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old man say a man should do if he finds out his wife is cheating on him in Section 4?
2. Who do two high-ranking ministers discuss at the beginning of Section 3?
3. A man is shot getting on a bus which is traveling where?
4. What is the name of Mrs. Nicolosi's lover?
5. What happens to Little Priest after he mails a letter to the police?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the captain ask the men of the Santa Fara Co-op to write down their names and addresses at the end of Section 1?
2. What does Mrs. Nicolosi reveal to police regarding a nickname in Section 3?
3. How did Little Priest earn a living before becoming a police informant?
4. What is the nature of the information Little Priest gives to the captain in Section 2?
5. What is the nature of the story the old man tells regarding a police officer at the beginning of Section 4?
6. How is the captain able to get reliable information from Little Priest in Section 2 despite knowing he was lying to him?
7. What is the initial information the police find on Diego Marchica at the end of Section 3?
8. How does Little Priest die?
9. What is the nature of the conversation between two Sicilian men at the beginning of Section 2?
10. What is the nature of the two men's conversation regarding communism at the beginning of Section 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's portrayal of the confession in the book. How does the author portray the level of desperation felt by police based on the way they obtain confessions from the mafia in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters Captain Bellodi and Don Arena in the book. How does the author draw similarities in these two characters during the don's interrogation and what do you think he may be suggesting about the nature of Sicilian's based on this portrayal?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's portrayal of violence in the book. What role does violence play in the success of the mafia and what impact does this have on the nature of Sicilians in the book?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)