|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the driver of the bus described when he is interviewed by the police after the shooting?
2. How many shots does the wife of he man whose house is located on the street the police believe the murderer to have run down after the shooting say her husband heard?
3. How do many of the bus passengers describe their seat window on the day of the shooting to police?
4. What does the wife of he man whose house is located on the street the police believe the murderer to have run down say her husband came inside to retrieve after hearing gun shots?
5. How many times has the individual shown at the beginning of Section 5 given this type of information to the police?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does an old man say one can avoid being cuckolded in Section 4?
2. How is the captain able to get reliable information from Little Priest in Section 2 despite knowing he was lying to him?
3. What is the nature of the conversation between two men at the beginning of Section 3 regarding the mafia?
4. What is the nature of the conversation between two Sicilian men at the beginning of Section 2?
5. What does Mrs. Nicolosi reveal to police regarding a nickname in Section 3?
6. How is the "Mother Church" first described in the book?
7. How is Little Priest's quality of life described while working as a police informant?
8. What is the nature of most of the bus passengers police track down regarding the shooting in Section 1?
9. What information do the police first find out regarding Salvatore after his identity is discovered?
10. How does an old man describe Little Priest's work as a spy in Section 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters Captain Bellodi and Don Arena in the book. How does the author draw similarities in these two characters during the don's interrogation and what do you think he may be suggesting about the nature of Sicilian's based on this portrayal?
Essay Topic 2
The leading theme throughout the book is the discovery and battle of right versus wrong. Part 1.) What appears to be the author's overall message regarding the nature of the battle between right and wrong based on the outcome of the book? Part 2.) Is there a possibility of those fighting for what is right to beat out those encouraging what is wrong, and if so how could this be achieved? Part 3.) What appears to be the captain's next step in fighting for right to overcome wrong based on his thoughts at the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the author's use of both psychological themes alongside realistic observations. How does the author's mixing of these two methods add complexity to the story and what are you able to learn after being given these two observations?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)