|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose office is the man the police allow to sit in the captain's office during interrogation able to see into?
(a) Sergeant D'Antona's.
(b) Sergeant Livigni's.
(c) Sergeant Major Ferlisi's.
(d) Minister Mancusi's.
2. Who is described as having a violent reputation in Section 7?
(a) Don Arena.
(b) Diego Marchica.
(c) Captain Bellodi.
(d) Saro Pizzuco.
3. How does Marchica react after reading the confession the police hand him in Section 6?
(a) Become enraged.
(c) Doesn't do anything.
(d) Begins crying.
4. What is the man being interviewed by police actually telling them when the other prisoner watches the interview from the captain's office?
(a) His personal information.
(b) About his family.
(c) A confession.
(d) About his work.
5. What do the confessions the police obtain insinuate Colasberna did to cause him to be murdered?
(a) Wouldn't pay the mafia.
(b) Insulted the don.
(c) Wouldn't quit his job.
(d) Insulted Pizzuco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Marchica want to ensure will be implicated for murder along with him at the end of Section 6?
2. What does Bellodi not bother to do to the man he meets at a crime scene in Section 8?
3. According to the first confession the police hear in Section 7, who does Pizzuco run into after the murder?
4. How many characters are shown at the beginning of Section 9?
5. What country does the Captain wish Italy would adopt laws from that would allow more mafia members to be arrested?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Marchica and Pizzuco's testimonies in Section 10?
2. What do the two men talking at the beginning of Section 9 decide to do for Marchica?
3. Why does the captain decide not to interview a farmer he meets in Section 8?
4. What does the captain say to Marchica while he watches Pizzuco being interrogated?
5. How do the women the captain meet in Parma feel about Sicily?
6. What is the nature of the conversation between two men regarding Captain Bellodi in Section 8?
7. How does Don Arena react when the police show him Marchica's confession in Section 9?
8. What is the nature of the conversation between two high-ranking officials regarding a newspaper in Section 8?
9. What is the nature of Dr. Baccarella's testimony in Section 10?
10. How does Pizzuco react when the police show him Marchica's confession?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)