|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the minister that is revealed to have possible mafia ties in Section 8?
(a) Minister D'Antona.
(b) Minister Mancuso.
(c) Minister La Rosa.
(d) Minister Livigni.
2. What does Pizzuco do after he assumes the police know everything about the murder?
(a) Cursing Marchica.
(b) Curses the don.
(d) Attempts suicide.
3. What is the name of the rocky network of caves and chasms in Sicily?
(a) Gramoli Chiarchiaro.
(d) The Carabinieri.
4. How do the police obtain a confession to show Marchica in Section 6?
(a) Mrs. Nicolosi writes it.
(b) They forge it.
(c) Pizzuco writes it.
(d) Don Arena writes it.
5. Where does the high-ranking minister receive a call from at the beginning of Section 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reacts in rage when the police show him a full confession implicating him in Section 7?
2. Who approaches Captain Bellodi when he returns to the station after finding Nicolosi's body?
3. Who does the Captain use as an example when trying to prove the don used corrupt building contracts in Section 9?
4. Who writes a full confession at the beginning of Section 7?
5. According to the first confession the police hear in Section 7, who disposes of the murder weapon?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marchica react when the police show him a confession in Section 6?
2. How does Don Arena react when police mention his daughter during his interrogation in Section 9?
3. How does Don Arena react to his police interrogation in Section 9?
4. Why does the captain decide not to interview a farmer he meets in Section 8?
5. How does the author say Marchica feels about going to prison in Section 7?
6. What is the nature of the conversation between two men regarding Captain Bellodi in Section 8?
7. What is the captain's initial impression of the Grimoli Chiarchiaro?
8. What happens when a woman named Livia invites the captain and his friend to her house in Parma?
9. What is the nature of Marchica and Pizzuco's testimonies in Section 10?
10. How does the wife of the high-ranking minister known as "His Excellency" react when he answers a phone call in Section 8?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)