|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Captain Bellodi react after the girls tell him what they think of his story about the mafia in Section 10?
2. How does Marchica react after reading the confession the police hand him in Section 6?
(a) Become enraged.
(c) Begins crying.
(d) Doesn't do anything.
3. What do the characters at the beginning of Section 9 consider the most important piece of evidence the police have in their murder investigation?
(a) Pizzuco's confession.
(b) The don's identity.
(c) Marchica's confession.
(d) Mrs. Nicolosi's confession.
4. Where does Captain Bellodi go on a leave of absence from the police force in Section 10?
5. According to the first confession the police hear in Section 7, who is accused of fooling a man into allowing him access to a shelter after the murder?
(a) Diego Marchica.
(b) Ciccio La Rosa.
(c) Don Arena.
(d) Paolo Nicolosi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the high-ranking minister shown at the beginning of Section 8 known as?
2. Whose poise is considered unflappable in Section 9?
3. What do all of the girls Captain Bellodi and his friends hang out with in Section 10 believe Sicily to be?
4. What happens to a medic that begins treating sick patients rather than members of the mafia according to Captain Bellodi's story in Section 10?
5. Who does the Captain use as an example when trying to prove the don used corrupt building contracts in Section 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Grimoli Chiarchiaro first described in the book?
2. Why do the police arrest Marchica before the other suspects in Section 6?
3. What do the two men talking at the beginning of Section 9 decide to do for Marchica?
4. How does Don Arena react when police mention his daughter during his interrogation in Section 9?
5. How does Don Arena react when the police show him Marchica's confession in Section 9?
6. What is the nature of Dr. Baccarella's testimony in Section 10?
7. How does the farmer the captain meets in Section 8 describe the meaning of his dog's name?
8. How does Pizzuco react when the police show him Marchica's confession?
9. Why does Pizzuco tell the police he didn't come to them with information regarding Salvatore's murder at the end of Section 7?
10. How does Marchica react when the police show him a confession in Section 6?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)