|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occupation does the man Captain Bellodi meets in Section 8 have?
(a) A government official.
(b) A cook.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A farmer.
2. Who do the two men having a phone conversation in Section 8 believe the police should be more willing to work with?
(a) The poor.
(b) Government officials.
(c) The mafia.
(d) Prominent citizens.
3. Who does the Captain use as an example when trying to prove the don used corrupt building contracts in Section 9?
(a) Salvatore Colasberna.
(b) Ciccio La Rosa.
(c) Paolo Nicolosi.
(d) Mr. Fazello.
4. According to the first confession the police hear in Section 7, who claims they had no prior knowledge about the murder until after it occurred?
(a) Don Arena.
(b) Diego Marchica.
(c) Ciccio La Rosa.
(d) Saro Pizzuco.
5. Who is concluded to have been involved in the murders Bellodi has been investigating at the end of Section 8?
(a) Minister Mancuso.
(b) Minister Livigni.
(c) Paolo Nicolosi.
(d) Ciccio La Rosa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the don say the man claiming he used corrupt building contracts has done to pay him back at the end of Section 9?
2. What is the man being interviewed by police actually telling them when the other prisoner watches the interview from the captain's office?
3. Where does the story Captain Bellodi tells some girls he meets in Section 10 about the mafia take place?
4. Where is Nicolosi's body discovered in the book?
5. Who is described as having a violent reputation in Section 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the captain's initial impression of the Grimoli Chiarchiaro?
2. How does Don Arena react when police mention his daughter during his interrogation in Section 9?
3. How does Marchica react when the police show him a confession in Section 6?
4. Why do the police arrest Marchica before the other suspects in Section 6?
5. What are the two men talking at the beginning of Section 9 worried about?
6. How does Don Arena react to his police interrogation in Section 9?
7. How does Don Arena react when the police show him Marchica's confession in Section 9?
8. What happens when a woman named Livia invites the captain and his friend to her house in Parma?
9. How does the farmer the captain meets in Section 8 describe the meaning of his dog's name?
10. What does the captain say to Marchica while he watches Pizzuco being interrogated?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)