|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the first confession the police hear in Section 7, where does Marchica hide out after the murders?
(a) Pizzuco's sister's home.
(b) His mother's home.
(c) The church.
(d) Pizzuco's mother's home.
2. Who are the characters shown at the beginning of Section 9 worried about confessing?
(a) Minister Mancusi.
(b) Saro Pizzuco.
(c) Diego Marchica.
(d) Don Arena.
3. Who is concluded to have been involved in the murders Bellodi has been investigating at the end of Section 8?
(a) Minister Mancuso.
(b) Paolo Nicolosi.
(c) Ciccio La Rosa.
(d) Minister Livigni.
4. What country does the Captain wish Italy would adopt laws from that would allow more mafia members to be arrested?
(d) The United States.
5. Who tells the man watching the interview from the captain's office that his friend is telling the police everything?
(a) Captain Bellodi.
(b) Sergeant D'Antona.
(c) Don Arena.
(d) Minister Mancusi.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the first confession the police hear in Section 7, who offers to supply the gun for the murder?
2. Who brings the captain a confession in his office to allow the prisoner watching the interrogation to see?
3. Who does the confession the police show Marchica claim is guilty of the murder?
4. Whose confession does the Captain show the don during an interrogation in Section 9?
5. According to the first confession the police hear in Section 7, who is accused of fooling a man into allowing him access to a shelter after the murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the wife of the high-ranking minister known as "His Excellency" react when he answers a phone call in Section 8?
2. Why does Pizzuco tell the police he didn't come to them with information regarding Salvatore's murder at the end of Section 7?
3. What do the two men talking at the beginning of Section 9 decide to do for Marchica?
4. What is the captain's initial impression of the Grimoli Chiarchiaro?
5. How does Pizzuco claim Marchica fooled him into helping him get away with murder?
6. How does Don Arena react when the police show him Marchica's confession in Section 9?
7. How does the farmer the captain meets in Section 8 describe the meaning of his dog's name?
8. Why do the police arrest Marchica before the other suspects in Section 6?
9. What is the nature of Marchica and Pizzuco's testimonies in Section 10?
10. How is the Grimoli Chiarchiaro first described in the book?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)