|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to a medic that begins treating sick patients rather than members of the mafia according to Captain Bellodi's story in Section 10?
(a) He is fired.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He is transferred.
(d) He is beaten up.
2. What do the characters shown at the beginning of Section 9 say they will provide for Marchica?
(b) A way out.
(d) An undeniable alibi.
3. Who do the police arrest first in Section 6?
(a) Don Arena.
(c) Diego Marchica.
(d) Salvatore Colasberna.
4. What does the confession the police show Marchica in Section 6 say the murderer didn't have?
(a) An alibi.
(b) A conscience.
(c) A weapon.
(d) An accomplice.
5. According to the first confession the police hear in Section 7, who disposes of the murder weapon?
(a) Marchica's mother.
(b) Pizzuco's wife.
(c) Pizzuco's brother-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pizzuco do after he assumes the police know everything about the murder?
2. What is the name of the woman Captain Bellodi and his childhood friend run into on the street in Section 10?
3. Who do the police allow to sit in the captain's office during interrogation in Section 6?
4. What kind of projects does the Captain point out that the don has been involved with at the end of Section 9?
5. What word does Captain Bellodi discover a man's dog's name to be derived from in Section 8 that means chief of police?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the captain say to Marchica while he watches Pizzuco being interrogated?
2. Why does the captain decide not to interview a farmer he meets in Section 8?
3. How does the farmer the captain meets in Section 8 describe the meaning of his dog's name?
4. How does Pizzuco react when the police show him Marchica's confession?
5. What is the nature of Marchica and Pizzuco's testimonies in Section 10?
6. What does the captain do after the mafia get away with murder in Section 10?
7. What is the nature of the conversation between two high-ranking officials regarding a newspaper in Section 8?
8. Why do the police arrest Marchica before the other suspects in Section 6?
9. How does the wife of the high-ranking minister known as "His Excellency" react when he answers a phone call in Section 8?
10. What does Marchica claim was the reason Pizzuco asked to have Salvatore killed?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)