|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the person with a spotless reputation that gives Marchica an alibi in Section 10?
(a) Doctor Baccarella.
(b) Colagero Dibella.
(c) Honorable Member Livigni.
(d) Minister Mancusi.
2. How does the don respond when he is shown a confession in Section 9?
3. Which of the following things does Captain Bellodi and his friend not do after running into a woman on the street in Section 10?
(a) Go back to the girl's house.
(b) Listen to records.
(c) Go dancing at a local club.
(d) Sit by the fireplace.
4. Who does the Captain mention during his interrogation of the don that makes him angry?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His priest.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
5. What do all of the girls Captain Bellodi and his friends hang out with in Section 10 believe Sicily to be?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings the captain a confession in his office to allow the prisoner watching the interrogation to see?
2. Where is Nicolosi's body discovered in the book?
3. Who do the police arrest first in Section 6?
4. What is the name of the woman Captain Bellodi and his childhood friend run into on the street in Section 10?
5. What happens when the medic tries to obtain justice against members of the mafia according to Captain Bellodi's story in Section 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marchica react when the police show him a confession in Section 6?
2. What is the captain's initial impression of the Grimoli Chiarchiaro?
3. Why does Pizzuco tell the police he didn't come to them with information regarding Salvatore's murder at the end of Section 7?
4. How do the women the captain meet in Parma feel about Sicily?
5. How is the Grimoli Chiarchiaro first described in the book?
6. How does Pizzuco claim Marchica fooled him into helping him get away with murder?
7. How does Don Arena react when police mention his daughter during his interrogation in Section 9?
8. What do the two men talking at the beginning of Section 9 decide to do for Marchica?
9. How does the captain try and prove the don had connection to corrupt building projects in Section 9?
10. What does the captain say to Marchica while he watches Pizzuco being interrogated?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)