|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Nicolosi's body discovered in the book?
(a) Buried in a hole.
(b) Deep down in a cleft in the earth.
(c) On the street.
(d) Behind the altar.
2. Who approaches Captain Bellodi when he returns to the station after finding Nicolosi's body?
(c) The government.
(d) The mafia.
3. Who do the police arrest next after the first arrest in Section 6?
(a) Diego Pizzuco and Don Arena.
(b) Paolo Nicolosi.
(d) Ciccio La Rosa and Don Arena.
4. Where does the high-ranking minister receive a call from at the beginning of Section 8?
5. Who do the two men having a phone conversation in Section 8 believe the police should be more willing to work with?
(a) Government officials.
(b) The mafia.
(c) Prominent citizens.
(d) The poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character has been to prison many times and doesn't really mind going back in the book?
2. Where does Captain Bellodi go on a leave of absence from the police force in Section 10?
3. What do the confessions the police obtain insinuate Colasberna did to cause him to be murdered?
4. What does Pizzuco do after he assumes the police know everything about the murder?
5. What do the characters at the beginning of Section 9 say Marchica must claim to have happened to cause him to confess to murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Don Arena react to his police interrogation in Section 9?
2. Why does Pizzuco tell the police he didn't come to them with information regarding Salvatore's murder at the end of Section 7?
3. What does Marchica claim was the reason Pizzuco asked to have Salvatore killed?
4. How does Marchica react when the police show him a confession in Section 6?
5. Why do the police arrest Marchica before the other suspects in Section 6?
6. What does the captain say to Marchica while he watches Pizzuco being interrogated?
7. Why does the captain decide not to interview a farmer he meets in Section 8?
8. How does Pizzuco react when the police show him Marchica's confession?
9. What is the nature of the conversation between two men regarding Captain Bellodi in Section 8?
10. How does Don Arena react when the police show him Marchica's confession in Section 9?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)