|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the police allow to sit in the captain's office during interrogation in Section 6?
(a) Saro Pizzuco.
(b) Minister Mancusi.
(c) Diego Marchica.
(d) Poalo Nicolosi.
2. How does the wife of the high-ranking minister shown at the beginning of Section 8 react when he answers the phone?
3. Who is eventually charged with Nicolosi's murder in Section 10?
(a) Ciccio La Rosa.
(b) Mrs. Nicolosi and her lover.
(c) Saro Pizzuco.
(d) Diego Marchica.
4. How do the girls Captain Bellodi tells a story about the mafia to in Section 10 feel about the story?
(a) They find it juicy and exciting.
(b) They become angry.
(c) They find it boring.
(d) They think it is sad.
5. According to the first confession the police hear in Section 7, who does Pizzuco assure he will take care of the witness that saw him after the murder?
(b) Diego Marchica.
(c) Mrs. Nicolosi.
(d) Don Arena.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a man reveal to a high-ranking minister will be on the front page of a newspaper at the beginning of Section 8?
2. What does the Captain find himself discussing with the don rather than the murder case?
3. Where does Captain Bellodi search for the body of Nicolosi in Section 8?
4. What do the characters at the beginning of Section 9 consider the most important piece of evidence the police have in their murder investigation?
5. What is the high-ranking minister shown at the beginning of Section 8 known as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Marchica and Pizzuco's testimonies in Section 10?
2. Why does the captain decide not to interview a farmer he meets in Section 8?
3. What is the nature of the confession the police show to Marchica in Section 6?
4. What does the captain say to Marchica while he watches Pizzuco being interrogated?
5. What does the captain do after the mafia get away with murder in Section 10?
6. How does Pizzuco react when the police show him Marchica's confession?
7. How does the wife of the high-ranking minister known as "His Excellency" react when he answers a phone call in Section 8?
8. What do the two men talking at the beginning of Section 9 decide to do for Marchica?
9. What is the nature of the conversation between two high-ranking officials regarding a newspaper in Section 8?
10. How does the captain try and prove the don had connection to corrupt building projects in Section 9?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)