|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the high-ranking minister receive a call from at the beginning of Section 8?
2. What word does Captain Bellodi discover a man's dog's name to be derived from in Section 8 that means chief of police?
3. Whose confession does the Captain show the don during an interrogation in Section 9?
(a) Don Arena's.
(b) Diego Marchica's.
(c) Saro Pizzuco's.
(d) Ciccio La Rosa's.
4. According to the first confession the police hear in Section 7, where does Marchica hide out after the murders?
(a) The church.
(b) Pizzuco's sister's home.
(c) Pizzuco's mother's home.
(d) His mother's home.
5. What does the man Captain Bellodi meets in Section 8 tell him his dog's name means?
(a) Good boy.
(b) Evil person.
(c) Happy man.
(d) Bad boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman Captain Bellodi and his childhood friend run into on the street in Section 10?
2. What does a man reveal to a high-ranking minister will be on the front page of a newspaper at the beginning of Section 8?
3. Where does Captain Bellodi tell some girls that most mafia bosses would stay while they were in jail in Section 10?
4. What do the girls Captain Bellodi and his friend meet in Section 10 believe heats the blood of Sicilian people?
5. Which of the following realizations does Captain Bellodi not have regarding the murder trial after returning to his hometown in Section 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the police's first interrogation of Pizzuco in Section 6 of the book?
2. What is the nature of Marchica and Pizzuco's testimonies in Section 10?
3. How does Don Arena react when police mention his daughter during his interrogation in Section 9?
4. How is the Grimoli Chiarchiaro first described in the book?
5. What happens when a woman named Livia invites the captain and his friend to her house in Parma?
6. What do the two men talking at the beginning of Section 9 decide to do for Marchica?
7. Why do the police arrest Marchica before the other suspects in Section 6?
8. How does the author say Marchica feels about going to prison in Section 7?
9. What does the captain do after the mafia get away with murder in Section 10?
10. What is the captain's initial impression of the Grimoli Chiarchiaro?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)