|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man being interviewed by police actually telling them when the other prisoner watches the interview from the captain's office?
(a) About his family.
(b) A confession.
(c) About his work.
(d) His personal information.
2. Who does the Captain use as an example when trying to prove the don used corrupt building contracts in Section 9?
(a) Mr. Fazello.
(b) Ciccio La Rosa.
(c) Salvatore Colasberna.
(d) Paolo Nicolosi.
3. Who tells the man watching the interview from the captain's office that his friend is telling the police everything?
(a) Sergeant D'Antona.
(b) Don Arena.
(c) Captain Bellodi.
(d) Minister Mancusi.
4. Where does Captain Bellodi go on a leave of absence from the police force in Section 10?
5. What is the high-ranking minister shown at the beginning of Section 8 known as?
(a) Honorable Member.
(b) Your Honor.
(c) Your Majesty.
(d) His Excellency.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is concluded to have been involved in the murders Bellodi has been investigating at the end of Section 8?
2. What is the name of the minister that is revealed to have possible mafia ties in Section 8?
3. Where does the story Captain Bellodi tells some girls he meets in Section 10 about the mafia take place?
4. How does Captain Bellodi feel about the area he searches for Nicolosi's body?
5. Where does Captain Bellodi search for the body of Nicolosi in Section 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the captain's initial impression of the Grimoli Chiarchiaro?
2. How does Don Arena react when police mention his daughter during his interrogation in Section 9?
3. What is the nature of Dr. Baccarella's testimony in Section 10?
4. Why do the police arrest Marchica before the other suspects in Section 6?
5. What is the nature of the captain's story regarding a prison medic in Section 10?
6. How do the police obtain a murder confession to show Marchica in Section 6?
7. How is the Grimoli Chiarchiaro first described in the book?
8. How does Don Arena react to his police interrogation in Section 9?
9. What is the nature of the police's first interrogation of Pizzuco in Section 6 of the book?
10. How does the wife of the high-ranking minister known as "His Excellency" react when he answers a phone call in Section 8?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)