|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells the man watching the interview from the captain's office that his friend is telling the police everything?
(a) Captain Bellodi.
(b) Sergeant D'Antona.
(c) Don Arena.
(d) Minister Mancusi.
2. What does the don say the man claiming he used corrupt building contracts has done to pay him back at the end of Section 9?
(a) Laughed at him.
(b) Helped him.
(c) Made fun of him.
(d) Stabbed him in the back.
3. What does the Captain find himself discussing with the don rather than the murder case?
4. Where does Captain Bellodi search for the body of Nicolosi in Section 8?
(a) The Grimoli Chiarchiaro.
(b) The Piazza Garibaldi.
(c) The church.
(d) Via Cavour.
5. How does the don respond when he is shown a confession in Section 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the wife of the high-ranking minister shown at the beginning of Section 8 react when he answers the phone?
2. How many characters are shown at the beginning of Section 9?
3. According to the first confession the police hear in Section 7, who does Pizzuco run into after the murder?
4. What do the characters at the beginning of Section 9 consider the most important piece of evidence the police have in their murder investigation?
5. Where does Captain Bellodi tell some girls that most mafia bosses would stay while they were in jail in Section 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pizzuco tell the police he didn't come to them with information regarding Salvatore's murder at the end of Section 7?
2. Why does the captain decide not to interview a farmer he meets in Section 8?
3. What is the nature of Dr. Baccarella's testimony in Section 10?
4. How does Pizzuco claim Marchica fooled him into helping him get away with murder?
5. How do the police obtain a murder confession to show Marchica in Section 6?
6. What are the two men talking at the beginning of Section 9 worried about?
7. How does the author say Marchica feels about going to prison in Section 7?
8. What is the nature of the conversation between two high-ranking officials regarding a newspaper in Section 8?
9. What happens when a woman named Livia invites the captain and his friend to her house in Parma?
10. What does Marchica claim was the reason Pizzuco asked to have Salvatore killed?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)