|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the person that writes a confession at the beginning of Section 7 hoping to take down with him?
(a) Colagero Dibella.
(b) Saro Pizzuco.
(c) Don Arena.
(d) Ciccio La Rosa.
2. Who brings the captain a confession in his office to allow the prisoner watching the interrogation to see?
3. Whose confession does the Captain show the don during an interrogation in Section 9?
(a) Ciccio La Rosa's.
(b) Saro Pizzuco's.
(c) Diego Marchica's.
(d) Don Arena's.
4. Who does the man the police allow to sit in the captain's office first witness the police questioning in Section 6?
(a) Don Arena.
(c) Mrs. Nicolosi.
(d) Saro Pizzuco.
5. What do the characters shown at the beginning of Section 9 say they will provide for Marchica?
(b) A way out.
(c) An undeniable alibi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the medic tries to obtain justice against members of the mafia according to Captain Bellodi's story in Section 10?
2. Who do the police arrest first in Section 6?
3. Why does Marchica claim is the only reason he confessed during the murder trial in Section 10?
4. What does the don say the man claiming he used corrupt building contracts has done to pay him back at the end of Section 9?
5. According to the first confession the police hear in Section 7, who disposes of the murder weapon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the captain decide not to interview a farmer he meets in Section 8?
2. How does the wife of the high-ranking minister known as "His Excellency" react when he answers a phone call in Section 8?
3. What is the nature of the confession the police show to Marchica in Section 6?
4. How does Don Arena react when the police show him Marchica's confession in Section 9?
5. How does Pizzuco react when the police show him Marchica's confession?
6. What are the two men talking at the beginning of Section 9 worried about?
7. What is the nature of the captain's story regarding a prison medic in Section 10?
8. Why does Pizzuco tell the police he didn't come to them with information regarding Salvatore's murder at the end of Section 7?
9. What does the captain do after the mafia get away with murder in Section 10?
10. What is the nature of the police's first interrogation of Pizzuco in Section 6 of the book?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)