|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described as having a violent reputation in Section 7?
(a) Saro Pizzuco.
(b) Captain Bellodi.
(c) Don Arena.
(d) Diego Marchica.
2. Who writes a full confession at the beginning of Section 7?
(b) Minister Mancusi.
(c) Mrs. Nicolosi.
(d) Diego Marchica.
3. What is the name of the minister that is revealed to have possible mafia ties in Section 8?
(a) Minister La Rosa.
(b) Minister D'Antona.
(c) Minister Livigni.
(d) Minister Mancuso.
4. Where does Captain Bellodi go on a leave of absence from the police force in Section 10?
5. Who is the person that writes a confession at the beginning of Section 7 hoping to take down with him?
(a) Ciccio La Rosa.
(b) Saro Pizzuco.
(c) Colagero Dibella.
(d) Don Arena.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following things does Captain Bellodi and his friend not do after running into a woman on the street in Section 10?
2. What does a confession suggest is the only motivation for Marchica to commit murder?
3. Where is Nicolosi's body discovered in the book?
4. What country does the Captain wish Italy would adopt laws from that would allow more mafia members to be arrested?
5. How do the police obtain a confession to show Marchica in Section 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the women the captain meet in Parma feel about Sicily?
2. How does Marchica react when the police show him a confession in Section 6?
3. What are the two men talking at the beginning of Section 9 worried about?
4. What does the captain say to Marchica while he watches Pizzuco being interrogated?
5. What do the two men talking at the beginning of Section 9 decide to do for Marchica?
6. What is the nature of the conversation between two men regarding Captain Bellodi in Section 8?
7. Why do the police arrest Marchica before the other suspects in Section 6?
8. Why does the captain decide not to interview a farmer he meets in Section 8?
9. How does Don Arena react when the police show him Marchica's confession in Section 9?
10. What does the captain do after the mafia get away with murder in Section 10?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)