|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Captain Bellodi go on a leave of absence from the police force in Section 10?
2. How many murders does the confession the police show Marchica blame on him?
(c) Too many to count.
3. What is the name of Captain Bellodi's childhood friend that he runs into in Section 10?
4. Who do the two men having a phone conversation at the beginning of Section 8 become annoyed at because of their sudden rise in power?
(a) Captain Bellodi.
(b) Diego Marchica.
(c) Don Arena.
(d) Saro Pizzuco.
5. How does Captain Bellodi feel about the area he searches for Nicolosi's body?
(a) That it is creepy.
(b) It is holy.
(c) It is sad.
(d) It is pretty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man being interviewed by police actually telling them when the other prisoner watches the interview from the captain's office?
2. How does the don respond when he is shown a confession in Section 9?
3. How do the girls Captain Bellodi tells a story about the mafia to in Section 10 feel about the story?
4. How do the police obtain a confession to show Marchica in Section 6?
5. What is the name of the minister that is revealed to have possible mafia ties in Section 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pizzuco claim Marchica fooled him into helping him get away with murder?
2. What does Marchica claim was the reason Pizzuco asked to have Salvatore killed?
3. What does the captain do after the mafia get away with murder in Section 10?
4. What is the nature of Marchica and Pizzuco's testimonies in Section 10?
5. What is the nature of Dr. Baccarella's testimony in Section 10?
6. What do the two men talking at the beginning of Section 9 decide to do for Marchica?
7. What is the nature of the confession the police show to Marchica in Section 6?
8. What is the nature of the police's first interrogation of Pizzuco in Section 6 of the book?
9. How does Marchica react when the police show him a confession in Section 6?
10. What is the captain's initial impression of the Grimoli Chiarchiaro?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)