|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the minister that is revealed to have possible mafia ties in Section 8?
(a) Minister La Rosa.
(b) Minister Mancuso.
(c) Minister D'Antona.
(d) Minister Livigni.
2. Who approaches Captain Bellodi when he returns to the station after finding Nicolosi's body?
(a) The mafia.
(d) The government.
3. Who do the two men having a phone conversation in Section 8 believe the police should be more willing to work with?
(a) The poor.
(b) The mafia.
(c) Government officials.
(d) Prominent citizens.
4. Who does the confession the police show Marchica claim is guilty of the murder?
(a) Diego Marchica.
(b) Paolo Nicolosi.
(c) Don Arena.
(d) Ciccio La Rosa.
5. What do the girls Captain Bellodi and his friend meet in Section 10 believe heats the blood of Sicilian people?
(c) The sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman Captain Bellodi and his childhood friend run into on the street in Section 10?
2. How does Captain Bellodi feel about the area he searches for Nicolosi's body?
3. Where does the high-ranking minister receive a call from at the beginning of Section 8?
4. Who does the captain ask the don if he told to get rid of Colasberna?
5. What does the don say the man claiming he used corrupt building contracts has done to pay him back at the end of Section 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the two men talking at the beginning of Section 9 worried about?
2. How does Marchica react when the police show him a confession in Section 6?
3. What is the nature of the conversation between two high-ranking officials regarding a newspaper in Section 8?
4. What does the captain say to Marchica while he watches Pizzuco being interrogated?
5. How do the police obtain a murder confession to show Marchica in Section 6?
6. How does Don Arena react when the police show him Marchica's confession in Section 9?
7. How does Pizzuco claim Marchica fooled him into helping him get away with murder?
8. What do the two men talking at the beginning of Section 9 decide to do for Marchica?
9. What does Marchica claim was the reason Pizzuco asked to have Salvatore killed?
10. What is the nature of the confession the police show to Marchica in Section 6?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)