|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to a medic that begins treating sick patients rather than members of the mafia according to Captain Bellodi's story in Section 10?
(a) He is beaten up.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He is fired.
(d) He is transferred.
2. What does Pizzuco do after he assumes the police know everything about the murder?
(a) Curses the don.
(c) Cursing Marchica.
(d) Attempts suicide.
3. Where does Captain Bellodi say he knows he will go to at the end of the book?
4. What does the confession the police show Marchica in Section 6 say the murderer didn't have?
(a) A weapon.
(b) A conscience.
(c) An accomplice.
(d) An alibi.
5. According to the first confession the police hear in Section 7, who offers to supply the gun for the murder?
(a) Don Arena.
(b) Paolo Nicolosi.
(c) Saro Pizzuco.
(d) Diego Marchica.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who approaches Captain Bellodi when he returns to the station after finding Nicolosi's body?
2. What do the girls Captain Bellodi and his friend meet in Section 10 believe heats the blood of Sicilian people?
3. Whose side of the murder story is told first in Section 7?
4. What is the man being interviewed by police actually telling them when the other prisoner watches the interview from the captain's office?
5. What occupation does the man Captain Bellodi meets in Section 8 have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Don Arena react when police mention his daughter during his interrogation in Section 9?
2. What is the nature of Marchica and Pizzuco's testimonies in Section 10?
3. What does the captain do after the mafia get away with murder in Section 10?
4. What is the nature of the confession the police show to Marchica in Section 6?
5. What is the nature of the police's first interrogation of Pizzuco in Section 6 of the book?
6. How does the wife of the high-ranking minister known as "His Excellency" react when he answers a phone call in Section 8?
7. What does Marchica claim was the reason Pizzuco asked to have Salvatore killed?
8. Why does Pizzuco tell the police he didn't come to them with information regarding Salvatore's murder at the end of Section 7?
9. How do the women the captain meet in Parma feel about Sicily?
10. What is the nature of Dr. Baccarella's testimony in Section 10?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)