|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Captain Bellodi feel about the area he searches for Nicolosi's body?
(a) That it is creepy.
(b) It is sad.
(c) It is pretty.
(d) It is holy.
2. How do the girls Captain Bellodi tells a story about the mafia to in Section 10 feel about the story?
(a) They become angry.
(b) They think it is sad.
(c) They find it boring.
(d) They find it juicy and exciting.
3. How does the don respond when he is shown a confession in Section 9?
4. What does the confession the police show Marchica in Section 6 say the murderer didn't have?
(a) An alibi.
(b) A conscience.
(c) An accomplice.
(d) A weapon.
5. What is the name of the person with a spotless reputation that gives Marchica an alibi in Section 10?
(a) Colagero Dibella.
(b) Doctor Baccarella.
(c) Minister Mancusi.
(d) Honorable Member Livigni.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the first confession the police hear in Section 7, who does Pizzuco assure he will take care of the witness that saw him after the murder?
2. Whose side of the murder story is told second in Section 7?
3. What happens to a medic that begins treating sick patients rather than members of the mafia according to Captain Bellodi's story in Section 10?
4. Who brings the captain a confession in his office to allow the prisoner watching the interrogation to see?
5. Who is concluded to have been involved in the murders Bellodi has been investigating at the end of Section 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pizzuco claim Marchica fooled him into helping him get away with murder?
2. What is the nature of the conversation between two high-ranking officials regarding a newspaper in Section 8?
3. Why does Pizzuco tell the police he didn't come to them with information regarding Salvatore's murder at the end of Section 7?
4. How do the women the captain meet in Parma feel about Sicily?
5. What is the nature of Marchica and Pizzuco's testimonies in Section 10?
6. What is the nature of Dr. Baccarella's testimony in Section 10?
7. How is the Grimoli Chiarchiaro first described in the book?
8. How do the police obtain a murder confession to show Marchica in Section 6?
9. What is the nature of the police's first interrogation of Pizzuco in Section 6 of the book?
10. What do the two men talking at the beginning of Section 9 decide to do for Marchica?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)