|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of men do the characters at the beginning of Section 9 say they must find to clear Marchica of murder?
(a) A high-ranking official.
(b) Men known for their honesty.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A minister.
2. Who is transferred out of Italy on the police force after the murder trial in Section 10?
(a) Sergeant D'Antona.
(b) Honorable Member Livigni.
(c) Minister Mancusi.
(d) Sergeant Pizzuco.
3. What does the confession the police show Marchica in Section 6 say the murderer didn't have?
(a) An accomplice.
(b) A weapon.
(c) A conscience.
(d) An alibi.
4. Who helps the police retrieve Nicolosi's body in the book?
(a) A peasant.
(b) A priest.
(d) A farmer.
5. Where does Captain Bellodi go on a leave of absence from the police force in Section 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of projects does the Captain point out that the don has been involved with at the end of Section 9?
2. How does the wife of the high-ranking minister shown at the beginning of Section 8 react when he answers the phone?
3. Who writes a full confession at the beginning of Section 7?
4. What does Pizzuco do after he assumes the police know everything about the murder?
5. How do the girls Captain Bellodi tells a story about the mafia to in Section 10 feel about the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the captain do after the mafia get away with murder in Section 10?
2. How does Marchica react when the police show him a confession in Section 6?
3. What do the two men talking at the beginning of Section 9 decide to do for Marchica?
4. What is the nature of the captain's story regarding a prison medic in Section 10?
5. What is the captain's initial impression of the Grimoli Chiarchiaro?
6. Why does the captain decide not to interview a farmer he meets in Section 8?
7. How does Don Arena react when the police show him Marchica's confession in Section 9?
8. How is the Grimoli Chiarchiaro first described in the book?
9. What is the nature of the conversation between two men regarding Captain Bellodi in Section 8?
10. How does the wife of the high-ranking minister known as "His Excellency" react when he answers a phone call in Section 8?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)