|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the police arrest first in Section 6?
(b) Diego Marchica.
(c) Salvatore Colasberna.
(d) Don Arena.
2. According to the first confession the police hear in Section 7, who offers to supply the gun for the murder?
(a) Saro Pizzuco.
(b) Don Arena.
(c) Paolo Nicolosi.
(d) Diego Marchica.
3. What does Pizzuco do after he assumes the police know everything about the murder?
(a) Curses the don.
(c) Cursing Marchica.
(d) Attempts suicide.
4. Who approaches Captain Bellodi when he returns to the station after finding Nicolosi's body?
(a) The government.
(b) The mafia.
5. Who are the characters shown at the beginning of Section 9 worried about confessing?
(a) Don Arena.
(b) Minister Mancusi.
(c) Saro Pizzuco.
(d) Diego Marchica.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Captain Bellodi's childhood friend that he runs into in Section 10?
2. Who does the captain ask the don if he told to get rid of Colasberna?
3. What does the Captain discover the don lied about that he wishes he could arrest him for but cannot?
4. How does the wife of the high-ranking minister shown at the beginning of Section 8 react when he answers the phone?
5. Where does Captain Bellodi search for the body of Nicolosi in Section 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the police obtain a murder confession to show Marchica in Section 6?
2. What is the captain's initial impression of the Grimoli Chiarchiaro?
3. What is the nature of the captain's story regarding a prison medic in Section 10?
4. How is the Grimoli Chiarchiaro first described in the book?
5. Why does the captain decide not to interview a farmer he meets in Section 8?
6. Why do the police arrest Marchica before the other suspects in Section 6?
7. What is the nature of Dr. Baccarella's testimony in Section 10?
8. What does Marchica claim was the reason Pizzuco asked to have Salvatore killed?
9. What is the nature of Marchica and Pizzuco's testimonies in Section 10?
10. What are the two men talking at the beginning of Section 9 worried about?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)