|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the two men having a phone conversation in Section 8 believe the police should be more willing to work with?
(a) The poor.
(b) Prominent citizens.
(c) The mafia.
(d) Government officials.
2. Who does the Captain first interrogate in Section 9?
(a) Don Arena.
(c) Mrs. Nicolosi.
(d) Diego Marchica.
3. Who brings the captain a confession in his office to allow the prisoner watching the interrogation to see?
4. Who does the captain ask the don if he told to get rid of Colasberna?
(a) Ciccio La Rosa.
(b) Paolo Nicolosi.
(c) Saro Pizzuco.
(d) Diego Marchica.
5. How does the wife of the high-ranking minister shown at the beginning of Section 8 react when he answers the phone?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reacts in rage when the police show him a full confession implicating him in Section 7?
2. Who does Marchica want to ensure will be implicated for murder along with him at the end of Section 6?
3. Who helps the police retrieve Nicolosi's body in the book?
4. Where does Captain Bellodi say he knows he will go to at the end of the book?
5. Who do the police arrest first in Section 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the captain decide not to interview a farmer he meets in Section 8?
2. How do the women the captain meet in Parma feel about Sicily?
3. How does Don Arena react to his police interrogation in Section 9?
4. What happens when a woman named Livia invites the captain and his friend to her house in Parma?
5. How do the police obtain a murder confession to show Marchica in Section 6?
6. What do the two men talking at the beginning of Section 9 decide to do for Marchica?
7. What does the captain do after the mafia get away with murder in Section 10?
8. How does Pizzuco claim Marchica fooled him into helping him get away with murder?
9. What is the nature of the conversation between two men regarding Captain Bellodi in Section 8?
10. Why does Pizzuco tell the police he didn't come to them with information regarding Salvatore's murder at the end of Section 7?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)