|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a man reveal to a high-ranking minister will be on the front page of a newspaper at the beginning of Section 8?
(a) An accusation of murder.
(b) A picture of a minister with Pizzuco.
(c) A picture of Marchica with a government official.
(d) A picture of Don Arena with an important minister.
2. How does the don respond when he is shown a confession in Section 9?
3. Where does Captain Bellodi go on a leave of absence from the police force in Section 10?
4. Who do the police arrest next after the first arrest in Section 6?
(a) Paolo Nicolosi.
(b) Ciccio La Rosa and Don Arena.
(d) Diego Pizzuco and Don Arena.
5. Who do the two men having a phone conversation in Section 8 believe the police should be more willing to work with?
(a) Government officials.
(b) The poor.
(c) The mafia.
(d) Prominent citizens.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the police obtain a confession to show Marchica in Section 6?
2. Who is the person that writes a confession at the beginning of Section 7 hoping to take down with him?
3. What do the girls Captain Bellodi and his friend meet in Section 10 believe heats the blood of Sicilian people?
4. Who does the Captain first interrogate in Section 9?
5. Where does the story Captain Bellodi tells some girls he meets in Section 10 about the mafia take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pizzuco react when the police show him Marchica's confession?
2. What does Marchica claim was the reason Pizzuco asked to have Salvatore killed?
3. What is the nature of Marchica and Pizzuco's testimonies in Section 10?
4. Why does Pizzuco tell the police he didn't come to them with information regarding Salvatore's murder at the end of Section 7?
5. What do the two men talking at the beginning of Section 9 decide to do for Marchica?
6. Why does the captain decide not to interview a farmer he meets in Section 8?
7. How does Don Arena react when police mention his daughter during his interrogation in Section 9?
8. How is the Grimoli Chiarchiaro first described in the book?
9. How do the women the captain meet in Parma feel about Sicily?
10. How do the police obtain a murder confession to show Marchica in Section 6?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)