|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described as having a violent reputation in Section 7?
(a) Captain Bellodi.
(b) Don Arena.
(c) Diego Marchica.
(d) Saro Pizzuco.
2. According to the first confession the police hear in Section 7, who does Pizzuco run into after the murder?
(a) Mrs. Nicolosi.
(b) Guiseppe Colasberna.
(c) Paolo Nicolosi.
3. Who approaches Captain Bellodi when he returns to the station after finding Nicolosi's body?
(a) The government.
(d) The mafia.
4. Which of the following realizations does Captain Bellodi not have regarding the murder trial after returning to his hometown in Section 10?
(a) No one will ever admit to the existense of the mafia.
(b) His detective work has come to nothing.
(c) No one will find a connection between the mafia and important officials.
(d) He is a bad policeman.
5. What does a man reveal to a high-ranking minister will be on the front page of a newspaper at the beginning of Section 8?
(a) A picture of a minister with Pizzuco.
(b) A picture of Don Arena with an important minister.
(c) An accusation of murder.
(d) A picture of Marchica with a government official.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Captain find himself discussing with the don rather than the murder case?
2. How does Captain Bellodi react after the girls tell him what they think of his story about the mafia in Section 10?
3. How do the girls Captain Bellodi tells a story about the mafia to in Section 10 feel about the story?
4. How do the police obtain a confession to show Marchica in Section 6?
5. How does the don respond when he is shown a confession in Section 9?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)