|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the two men having a phone conversation in Section 8 believe the police should be more willing to work with?
(a) The poor.
(b) The mafia.
(c) Prominent citizens.
(d) Government officials.
2. What happens to a medic that begins treating sick patients rather than members of the mafia according to Captain Bellodi's story in Section 10?
(a) He is beaten up.
(b) He is transferred.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He is fired.
3. Who brings the captain a confession in his office to allow the prisoner watching the interrogation to see?
4. What does the don say the man claiming he used corrupt building contracts has done to pay him back at the end of Section 9?
(a) Helped him.
(b) Stabbed him in the back.
(c) Made fun of him.
(d) Laughed at him.
5. According to the first confession the police hear in Section 7, who is accused of fooling a man into allowing him access to a shelter after the murder?
(a) Diego Marchica.
(b) Paolo Nicolosi.
(c) Ciccio La Rosa.
(d) Don Arena.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character has been to prison many times and doesn't really mind going back in the book?
2. Why does Marchica claim is the only reason he confessed during the murder trial in Section 10?
3. What is the name of the woman Captain Bellodi and his childhood friend run into on the street in Section 10?
4. Who does the Captain first interrogate in Section 9?
5. Who do the police arrest next after the first arrest in Section 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the conversation between two men regarding Captain Bellodi in Section 8?
2. Why does the captain decide not to interview a farmer he meets in Section 8?
3. What is the nature of the police's first interrogation of Pizzuco in Section 6 of the book?
4. What is the nature of the confession the police show to Marchica in Section 6?
5. What is the captain's initial impression of the Grimoli Chiarchiaro?
6. How does Don Arena react to his police interrogation in Section 9?
7. What is the nature of the captain's story regarding a prison medic in Section 10?
8. How does Don Arena react when the police show him Marchica's confession in Section 9?
9. How is the Grimoli Chiarchiaro first described in the book?
10. Why does Pizzuco tell the police he didn't come to them with information regarding Salvatore's murder at the end of Section 7?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)