|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Italian name for the police that is used in the book?
(d) La Policia.
2. How long does the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 believe he has held out on paying his workers?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 2 weeks.
3. How long ago do the police discover it had been since the man who was shot at the beginning of the book had been accosted on a bus for the very first time?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) A year.
4. What political association do the two men at the beginning of Section 3 claim Salvatore Colasberna to be involved with?
5. What does the old man shown in Section 4 believe most of the men in his city to be?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following things does the workers for the man of honor shown (at the beginning of Section 2) not do after not being paid?
2. What does the old man shown in Section 4 say he takes advantage of regarding people?
3. What is the nickname of the informer the police use to gain information on the mafia?
4. What does the captain suggest all of the building contractors in their area had done that the man who died had not?
5. How many times has the individual shown at the beginning of Section 5 given this type of information to the police?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the two men's conversation regarding communism at the beginning of Section 3?
2. What does Marchica claim was the reason Pizzuco asked to have Salvatore killed?
3. What does Mrs. Nicolosi tell police regarding her husband's actions on the day Salvatore was murdered?
4. How does Little Priest die?
5. How does the captain try and prove the don had connection to corrupt building projects in Section 9?
6. What is the nature of the police's first interrogation of Pizzuco in Section 6 of the book?
7. What do police do after receiving Little Priest's letter in Section 5?
8. What is the nature of the information Little Priest gives to the captain in Section 2?
9. How does the wife of the high-ranking minister known as "His Excellency" react when he answers a phone call in Section 8?
10. What is the nature of the conversation between two Sicilian men at the beginning of Section 2?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)