|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the honorable man Don Arena is said to be close friends with at the end of Section 5?
2. What does the captain suggest all of the building contractors in their area had done that the man who died had not?
(a) Went to church.
(b) Paid for protection.
(c) Hired locals.
(d) Had a permit.
3. Who does the old man say should take a vacation at the end of Section 4?
(a) Diego Marchica.
(c) Saro Pizzuco.
(d) Ciccio La Rosa.
4. How many times has the individual shown at the beginning of Section 5 given this type of information to the police?
(b) Three times.
5. What is the name of the minister Don Arena is said to be close friends with at the end of Section 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the sergeant major believe knows everyone in town and goes to question in Section 3?
2. What is the Italian name for the police that is used in the book?
3. What did the individual shown at the beginning of Section 5 give to the police that he is unsure of?
4. How is the mood of the individual shown at the beginning of Section 5 described?
5. How is the informant to the police on the mafia's payment described?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the captain able to get reliable information from Little Priest in Section 2 despite knowing he was lying to him?
2. How did Little Priest earn a living before becoming a police informant?
3. Why does Little Priest feel guilty at the beginning of Section 5?
4. How does an old man say one can avoid being cuckolded in Section 4?
5. How does Little Priest act in public after meeting with police in Section 5?
6. How is Little Priest's quality of life described while working as a police informant?
7. What information is the captain able to discover regarding Nicolosi in Section 3?
8. Why does the police captain tell Giuseppe he believes his brother was shot in Section 1?
9. What do police do after receiving Little Priest's letter in Section 5?
10. What is the nature of the anonymous letters the police receive in Section 1?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)