|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old man say anyone who sets themselves up against the church is, in Section 4?
(a) A dead man.
2. Who does the sergeant major find to be given a nickname due to his love of gambling?
(a) Guiseppe Colasberna.
(b) Diego Marchica.
(c) Paolo Nicolosi.
(d) Ciccio La Rosa.
3. How long does the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 believe he has held out on paying his workers?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 1 month.
4. Who does the old man shown in Section 4 believe make a fool of most of the men in the city?
(a) The police.
(b) The government.
(c) The priests.
(d) The mafia.
5. Who does the old man say should take a vacation at the end of Section 4?
(a) Saro Pizzuco.
(c) Ciccio La Rosa.
(d) Diego Marchica.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the police believe arresting Marchica would be after he is brought in for questioning?
2. What city is the beginning of Section 2 set in?
3. At what time do the police believe the murderer would have been running down the street after the shooting?
4. How long had the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 held out on paying his workers?
5. What is the Italian name for the police that is used in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pizzuco claim Marchica fooled him into helping him get away with murder?
2. What is the nature of Dr. Baccarella's testimony in Section 10?
3. How is the captain able to get reliable information from Little Priest in Section 2 despite knowing he was lying to him?
4. What are the two men talking at the beginning of Section 9 worried about?
5. What is the nature of the speech a man gives to the police regarding Don Arena in Section 5?
6. How is Little Priest's quality of life described while working as a police informant?
7. What happens when a woman named Livia invites the captain and his friend to her house in Parma?
8. How does an old man describe Little Priest's work as a spy in Section 4?
9. What is the nature of Marchica and Pizzuco's testimonies in Section 10?
10. How did Little Priest earn a living before becoming a police informant?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)