|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose names does the police informant give to the captain at the end of Section 2?
(a) Diego Marchica and Ciccio Nicolosi.
(b) Ciccio La Rosa and Saro Pizzuco.
(c) Diego Marchica and Paolo Nicolosi.
(d) Guiseppe Colasberna and Ciccio La Rosa.
2. Who does the old man say should take a vacation at the end of Section 4?
(a) Saro Pizzuco.
(b) Diego Marchica.
(d) Ciccio La Rosa.
3. What did the individual shown at the beginning of Section 5 give to the police that he is unsure of?
(a) The location of a weapon.
(b) Names of real mafia connections.
(c) The name of the don.
(d) His address.
4. At what time do the police believe the murderer would have been running down the street after the shooting?
(a) 8:00 p.m.
(b) 6:30 a.m.
(c) 7:00 a.m.
(d) 8:00 a.m.
5. What reason does the captain have for asking those questioned in the murder case to write something down at the end of Section 1?
(a) For future contact.
(b) To use as blackmail.
(c) For a handwriting sample.
(d) For no reason.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 believe he has held out on paying his workers?
2. Who do two high-ranking ministers discuss at the beginning of Section 3?
3. What is the name of the minister Don Arena is said to be close friends with at the end of Section 5?
4. What is the nickname that Mrs. Nicolosi gives to the police in regards to the shooting?
5. Who does the sergeant major find to be given a nickname due to his love of gambling?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Little Priest feel guilty at the beginning of Section 5?
2. What is the nature of most of the bus passengers police track down regarding the shooting in Section 1?
3. What does Mrs. Nicolosi reveal to police regarding a nickname in Section 3?
4. What is the nature of the speech a man gives to the police regarding Don Arena in Section 5?
5. How do the passengers on the bus react after a man is shot at the beginning of the book?
6. Why does the captain ask the men of the Santa Fara Co-op to write down their names and addresses at the end of Section 1?
7. How does an old man describe Little Priest's work as a spy in Section 4?
8. What is the nature of the two men's conversation regarding communism at the beginning of Section 3?
9. What do police do after receiving Little Priest's letter in Section 5?
10. What is the nature of the information Little Priest gives to the captain in Section 2?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)