|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the popular card game often played in Sicily that is discussed in the book?
2. What is the name of the minister Don Arena is said to be close friends with at the end of Section 5?
3. What does the man who comes to talk to the police in Section 5 say that the mafia wouldn't be if it existed?
(c) A criminal organization.
(d) A good thing.
4. What term does the old man use to describe a man whose wife cheats on him behind his back in Section 4?
5. Which of the following descriptions does the old man not use to describe the men that don't join the mafia at the beginning of Section 4?
(b) Made into police officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old man say anyone who sets themselves up against the church is, in Section 4?
2. Who does a man come to the police to talk to them about in Section 5?
3. How is the driver of the bus described when he is interviewed by the police after the shooting?
4. What does the captain ask the dead man's workers and relatives to do before leaving the police station?
5. Who is the author of the book "Il Giorno Della Civetta"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the information Little Priest gives to the captain in Section 2?
2. How does an old man say a man becomes cuckolded in Section 4?
3. How does Little Priest act in public after meeting with police in Section 5?
4. How is Little Priest's quality of life described while working as a police informant?
5. What is the nature of the anonymous letters the police receive in Section 1?
6. What is the nature of the two men's conversation regarding communism at the beginning of Section 3?
7. How do the passengers on the bus react after a man is shot at the beginning of the book?
8. What do police do after receiving Little Priest's letter in Section 5?
9. How is the "Mother Church" first described in the book?
10. How does an old man describe Little Priest's work as a spy in Section 4?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)