|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does an officer angrily intervene at the house of the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 despite not wanting to?
(a) To take his daughter to school.
(b) To take his wife to the airport.
(c) To allow his wife and daughter to go to Mass.
(d) To take him to work.
2. What does the old man say a man should do if he finds out his wife is cheating on him in Section 4?
(a) Do nothing.
(b) Kill his wife.
(c) Beat up the man.
(d) Get mad and raise a ruckus.
3. What is the name of the street the police believe Colasberna's murderer to have run down after the shooting?
(a) Broad Street.
(b) Lupara Street.
(c) Cavour Street.
(d) Genoa Street.
4. What city is the beginning of Section 2 set in?
5. What does the captain suggest all of the building contractors in their area had done that the man who died had not?
(a) Went to church.
(b) Paid for protection.
(c) Had a permit.
(d) Hired locals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following things does the workers for the man of honor shown (at the beginning of Section 2) not do after not being paid?
2. Who do two high-ranking ministers discuss at the beginning of Section 3?
3. How does the man who comes to talk to the police in Section 5 describe one of the men they arrested?
4. How many people are shown at the beginning of Section 4?
5. How do many of the bus passengers describe their seat window on the day of the shooting to police?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the information Little Priest gives to the captain in Section 2?
2. What information is the captain able to discover regarding Nicolosi in Section 3?
3. Why does Little Priest feel guilty at the beginning of Section 5?
4. What is the nature of the anonymous letters the police receive in Section 1?
5. What is the nature of the two men's conversation regarding communism at the beginning of Section 3?
6. What does an old man decide Marchica should do at the end of Section 4?
7. How do the passengers on the bus react after a man is shot at the beginning of the book?
8. What does Mrs. Nicolosi reveal to police regarding a nickname in Section 3?
9. Why does the captain ask the men of the Santa Fara Co-op to write down their names and addresses at the end of Section 1?
10. How do the employees of a sulphur mine react after not being paid for three months?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)