|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following things does the workers for the man of honor shown (at the beginning of Section 2) not do after not being paid?
(a) Shoot at the man of honor.
(c) Become desperate from starvation.
(d) Demand money.
2. Who does Little Priest originally mail his confession to in Section 5?
(a) The priest.
(b) Don Arena.
(c) Sergeant D'Antona.
(d) Captain Bellodi.
3. Who does the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 complain about an encounter with?
(a) A police officer.
(b) Diego Marchica.
(c) Don Arena.
(d) A member of the mafia.
4. What is the name of the brother of the man who was killed at the beginning of the book, who talks to police about his death?
(a) Diego Marchica.
(b) Giuseppe Mancusi.
(c) Giuseppe Colasberna.
(d) Rosario Pizzuco.
5. How many shots does the wife of he man whose house is located on the street the police believe the murderer to have run down after the shooting say her husband heard?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 believe he has held out on paying his workers?
2. What is the name of the popular card game often played in Sicily that is discussed in the book?
3. What profession does the man have in the story the old man tells at the beginning of Section 4?
4. What does the captain watch during the informant's interview despite believing he is lying?
5. What does the old man say anyone who sets themselves up against the church is, in Section 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the employees of a sulphur mine react after not being paid for three months?
2. How did Little Priest earn a living before becoming a police informant?
3. How does Little Priest act in public after meeting with police in Section 5?
4. How is the captain able to get reliable information from Little Priest in Section 2 despite knowing he was lying to him?
5. What do police do after receiving Little Priest's letter in Section 5?
6. What is the nature of most of the bus passengers police track down regarding the shooting in Section 1?
7. What is the nature of the two men's conversation regarding communism at the beginning of Section 3?
8. What information is the captain able to discover regarding Nicolosi in Section 3?
9. How does an old man say a man becomes cuckolded in Section 4?
10. What does Mrs. Nicolosi reveal to police regarding a nickname in Section 3?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)