|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man who comes to talk to the police in Section 5 accuse them of treating one of the men they arrested?
(a) Like a government leader.
(b) Like a common criminal.
(c) Like a god.
(d) Like a priest.
2. What does the old man shown at the beginning of Section 4 known to have?
3. What happens to Little Priest after he mails a letter to the police?
(a) He disappears.
(b) He flees.
(c) He is arrested.
(d) He is murdered.
4. What does the captain suggest all of the building contractors in their area had done that the man who died had not?
(a) Went to church.
(b) Paid for protection.
(c) Had a permit.
(d) Hired locals.
5. At what time do the police believe the murderer would have been running down the street after the shooting?
(a) 7:00 a.m.
(b) 8:00 p.m.
(c) 6:30 a.m.
(d) 8:00 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do many of the bus passengers describe their seat window on the day of the shooting to police?
2. What is the name of the man who was shot at the beginning of the book?
3. What does the wife of he man whose house is located on the street the police believe the murderer to have run down say her husband came inside to retrieve after hearing gun shots?
4. What does the informant to the police on the mafia live in a constant state of?
5. How is the driver of the bus described when he is interviewed by the police after the shooting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the police captain tell Giuseppe he believes his brother was shot in Section 1?
2. What is the nature of the conversation between two Sicilian men at the beginning of Section 2?
3. How does Little Priest act in public after meeting with police in Section 5?
4. How did Little Priest earn a living before becoming a police informant?
5. What does Mrs. Nicolosi reveal to police regarding a nickname in Section 3?
6. How does Little Priest die?
7. How is the captain able to get reliable information from Little Priest in Section 2 despite knowing he was lying to him?
8. What is the nature of the conversation between two men at the beginning of Section 3 regarding the mafia?
9. Why does Little Priest feel guilty at the beginning of Section 5?
10. What is the nature of most of the bus passengers police track down regarding the shooting in Section 1?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)