|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the captain suggest is the reason for the man being shot during his interview with the informant on the mafia?
(a) For being poor.
(b) For not paying their taxes.
(c) For being too rich.
(d) For not submitting to the mafia.
2. How is the informant to the police on the mafia's payment described?
(c) Very well.
(d) He isn't paid.
3. Whose names does the police informant give to the captain at the end of Section 2?
(a) Diego Marchica and Ciccio Nicolosi.
(b) Diego Marchica and Paolo Nicolosi.
(c) Guiseppe Colasberna and Ciccio La Rosa.
(d) Ciccio La Rosa and Saro Pizzuco.
4. How do many of the bus passengers describe their seat window on the day of the shooting to police?
(a) Very Bright.
(b) Shades down.
5. Why does an officer angrily intervene at the house of the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 despite not wanting to?
(a) To take his wife to the airport.
(b) To take him to work.
(c) To take his daughter to school.
(d) To allow his wife and daughter to go to Mass.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago do the police discover it had been since the man who was shot at the beginning of the book had been accosted on a bus for the very first time?
2. What is the name of the street the police believe Colasberna's murderer to have run down after the shooting?
3. What does Little Priest also include on a piece of paper for the police in Section 5 along with some names?
4. What is described as the entire network of mafia connections that lives in the shadow of the church?
5. What is the nickname of the informer the police use to gain information on the mafia?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Little Priest earn a living before becoming a police informant?
2. How is the captain able to get reliable information from Little Priest in Section 2 despite knowing he was lying to him?
3. Why does the captain ask the men of the Santa Fara Co-op to write down their names and addresses at the end of Section 1?
4. Why does the police captain tell Giuseppe he believes his brother was shot in Section 1?
5. How do the employees of a sulphur mine react after not being paid for three months?
6. What does an old man decide Marchica should do at the end of Section 4?
7. How do the passengers on the bus react after a man is shot at the beginning of the book?
8. How is Little Priest's quality of life described while working as a police informant?
9. What do police do after receiving Little Priest's letter in Section 5?
10. What does Mrs. Nicolosi tell police regarding her husband's actions on the day Salvatore was murdered?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)