|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Little Priest after he mails a letter to the police?
(a) He is murdered.
(b) He flees.
(c) He is arrested.
(d) He disappears.
2. What does the old man shown at the beginning of Section 4 known to have?
3. What is the name of Mrs. Nicolosi's lover?
4. What political association do the two men at the beginning of Section 3 claim Salvatore Colasberna to be involved with?
5. What does the old man in Section 4 believe a certain spy does not act with enough of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does an officer angrily intervene at the house of the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 despite not wanting to?
2. What happens to the passengers on the bus after a man is shot at the beginning of the book?
3. What do the two high-ranking ministers shown at the beginning of Section 3 say they do not believe in?
4. How long had the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 held out on paying his workers?
5. How do many of the bus passengers describe their seat window on the day of the shooting to police?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the captain able to get reliable information from Little Priest in Section 2 despite knowing he was lying to him?
2. Why does Little Priest feel guilty at the beginning of Section 5?
3. What does Mrs. Nicolosi tell police regarding her husband's actions on the day Salvatore was murdered?
4. What information is the captain able to discover regarding Nicolosi in Section 3?
5. How did Little Priest earn a living before becoming a police informant?
6. What is the nature of the conversation between two Sicilian men at the beginning of Section 2?
7. How does an old man say one can avoid being cuckolded in Section 4?
8. What is the initial information the police find on Diego Marchica at the end of Section 3?
9. What information do the police first find out regarding Salvatore after his identity is discovered?
10. What does an old man decide Marchica should do at the end of Section 4?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)