|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old man believe a certain spy to be setting himself up against in Section 4?
(a) The police.
(b) The government.
(c) The Mother Church.
(d) The mafia.
2. What is the nickname that Mrs. Nicolosi gives to the police in regards to the shooting?
(b) Little Priest.
3. What are the two high-ranking ministers shown at the beginning of Section 3 known as?
(a) Your Majesty and His Excellency.
(b) His Excellency and the Minister.
(c) The Minister and Honorable Member.
(d) Honorable Member and His Excellency.
4. What is the nickname of the informer the police use to gain information on the mafia?
(c) Little Priest.
5. How many anonymous letters do the police have with ideas of who killed the man at the beginning of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old man shown at the beginning of Section 4 known to have?
2. How is the mood of the individual shown at the beginning of Section 5 described?
3. What does the captain ask the dead man's workers and relatives to do before leaving the police station?
4. What profession does the man have in the story the old man tells at the beginning of Section 4?
5. What is the name of the man's house that is located on the street the police believe the murderer to have run down after the shooting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marchica claim was the reason Pizzuco asked to have Salvatore killed?
2. How do the women the captain meet in Parma feel about Sicily?
3. What is the nature of the captain's story regarding a prison medic in Section 10?
4. How does Don Arena react to his police interrogation in Section 9?
5. How does the wife of the high-ranking minister known as "His Excellency" react when he answers a phone call in Section 8?
6. How does the captain try and prove the don had connection to corrupt building projects in Section 9?
7. What is the nature of the letter Little Priest sends to police in Section 5?
8. How does Pizzuco react when the police show him Marchica's confession?
9. How is the captain able to get reliable information from Little Priest in Section 2 despite knowing he was lying to him?
10. How does Don Arena react when the police show him Marchica's confession in Section 9?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)