|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose names does Little Priest write on a piece of paper for police in Section 5?
(a) Salvatore Colasberna and Paolo Nicolosi.
(b) Don Mariano Arena and Saro Pizzuco.
(c) Ciccio La Rosa and Diego Marchica.
(d) Saro Pizzuco and Paolo Nicolosi.
2. What did the individual shown at the beginning of Section 5 give to the police that he is unsure of?
(a) The location of a weapon.
(b) Names of real mafia connections.
(c) The name of the don.
(d) His address.
3. How does Little Priest act out of fear in Section 5?
(b) Obvious of his guilt.
4. Who does the sergeant major believe knows everyone in town and goes to question in Section 3?
(a) His brother.
(b) His baker.
(c) His barber.
(d) His brother-in-law.
5. How long ago do the police discover it had been since the man who was shot at the beginning of the book had been accosted on a bus for the very first time?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 7 days.
(c) A year.
(d) 4 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mrs. Nicolosi's lover?
2. What does the old man say a man should do if he finds out his wife is cheating on him in Section 4?
3. How is the informant to the police on the mafia's payment described?
4. What does the old man shown in Section 4 believe most of the men in his city to be?
5. How many times has the individual shown at the beginning of Section 5 given this type of information to the police?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the story the old man tells regarding a police officer at the beginning of Section 4?
2. Why does Pizzuco tell the police he didn't come to them with information regarding Salvatore's murder at the end of Section 7?
3. What happens when a woman named Livia invites the captain and his friend to her house in Parma?
4. What does Mrs. Nicolosi tell police regarding her husband's actions on the day Salvatore was murdered?
5. What does Marchica claim was the reason Pizzuco asked to have Salvatore killed?
6. What is the nature of the police's first interrogation of Pizzuco in Section 6 of the book?
7. Why does the captain decide not to interview a farmer he meets in Section 8?
8. What is the nature of the conversation between two men at the beginning of Section 3 regarding the mafia?
9. What information is the captain able to discover regarding Nicolosi in Section 3?
10. What do police do after receiving Little Priest's letter in Section 5?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)