|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Little Priest originally mail his confession to in Section 5?
(a) Sergeant D'Antona.
(b) Don Arena.
(c) Captain Bellodi.
(d) The priest.
2. What political association do the two men at the beginning of Section 3 claim Salvatore Colasberna to be involved with?
3. How many anonymous letters do the police have with ideas of who killed the man at the beginning of the book?
4. What did the individual shown at the beginning of Section 5 give to the police that he is unsure of?
(a) The name of the don.
(b) Names of real mafia connections.
(c) His address.
(d) The location of a weapon.
5. What does the captain suggest is the reason for the man being shot during his interview with the informant on the mafia?
(a) For not paying their taxes.
(b) For being poor.
(c) For not submitting to the mafia.
(d) For being too rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two high-ranking ministers shown at the beginning of Section 3 say they do not believe in?
2. How long does the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 believe he has held out on paying his workers?
3. How many times has the individual shown at the beginning of Section 5 given this type of information to the police?
4. What does the captain watch during the informant's interview despite believing he is lying?
5. Who does the old man say should take a vacation at the end of Section 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does an old man describe Little Priest's work as a spy in Section 4?
2. How does an old man say one can avoid being cuckolded in Section 4?
3. What information do the police first find out regarding Salvatore after his identity is discovered?
4. How is the captain able to get reliable information from Little Priest in Section 2 despite knowing he was lying to him?
5. Why does the captain ask the men of the Santa Fara Co-op to write down their names and addresses at the end of Section 1?
6. How does Little Priest act in public after meeting with police in Section 5?
7. What is the nature of the speech a man gives to the police regarding Don Arena in Section 5?
8. How do the employees of a sulphur mine react after not being paid for three months?
9. How does an old man say a man becomes cuckolded in Section 4?
10. What do police do after receiving Little Priest's letter in Section 5?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)