|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the captain suggest all of the building contractors in their area had done that the man who died had not?
(a) Paid for protection.
(b) Hired locals.
(c) Had a permit.
(d) Went to church.
2. How long ago do the police discover it had been since the man who was shot at the beginning of the book had been accosted on a bus for the very first time?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 7 days.
(c) 6 months.
(d) A year.
3. What profession does the man have in the story the old man tells at the beginning of Section 4?
(a) A priest.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A cook.
(d) A police officer.
4. How many anonymous letters do the police have with ideas of who killed the man at the beginning of the book?
5. What is the name of the man's house that is located on the street the police believe the murderer to have run down after the shooting?
(a) Guiseppe Colasberna.
(b) Saro Pizzuco.
(c) Diego Marchica.
(d) Paolo Nicolosi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does an officer angrily intervene at the house of the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 despite not wanting to?
2. What happens to Little Priest after he mails a letter to the police?
3. Who does Little Priest originally mail his confession to in Section 5?
4. What is the title of the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2?
5. What did the individual shown at the beginning of Section 5 give to the police that he is unsure of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Little Priest's quality of life described while working as a police informant?
2. What does Mrs. Nicolosi tell police regarding her husband's actions on the day Salvatore was murdered?
3. What is the initial information the police find on Diego Marchica at the end of Section 3?
4. What is the nature of the letter Little Priest sends to police in Section 5?
5. How does Pizzuco react when the police show him Marchica's confession?
6. Why does Little Priest feel guilty at the beginning of Section 5?
7. What is the nature of the story the old man tells regarding a police officer at the beginning of Section 4?
8. Why does the captain ask the men of the Santa Fara Co-op to write down their names and addresses at the end of Section 1?
9. What do the two men talking at the beginning of Section 9 decide to do for Marchica?
10. What is the nature of the police's first interrogation of Pizzuco in Section 6 of the book?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)