|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the captain suggest all of the building contractors in their area had done that the man who died had not?
(a) Had a permit.
(b) Paid for protection.
(c) Hired locals.
(d) Went to church.
2. Who does the sergeant major find to be given a nickname due to his love of gambling?
(a) Ciccio La Rosa.
(b) Paolo Nicolosi.
(c) Guiseppe Colasberna.
(d) Diego Marchica.
3. What profession does the man have in the story the old man tells at the beginning of Section 4?
(a) A cook.
(b) A priest.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A teacher.
4. What is the name of the man's house that is located on the street the police believe the murderer to have run down after the shooting?
(a) Guiseppe Colasberna.
(b) Diego Marchica.
(c) Paolo Nicolosi.
(d) Saro Pizzuco.
5. How many anonymous letters do the police have with ideas of who killed the man at the beginning of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What political association do the two men at the beginning of Section 3 claim Salvatore Colasberna to be involved with?
2. How many people are shown at the beginning of Section 4?
3. How does Little Priest act out of fear in Section 5?
4. How is the driver of the bus described when he is interviewed by the police after the shooting?
5. What happens to the passengers on the bus after a man is shot at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does an old man describe Little Priest's work as a spy in Section 4?
2. What is the initial information the police find on Diego Marchica at the end of Section 3?
3. What is the nature of the two men's conversation regarding communism at the beginning of Section 3?
4. How does Little Priest die?
5. How is Little Priest's quality of life described while working as a police informant?
6. What is the nature of the letter Little Priest sends to police in Section 5?
7. Why does Little Priest feel guilty at the beginning of Section 5?
8. How does an old man say one can avoid being cuckolded in Section 4?
9. What do police do after receiving Little Priest's letter in Section 5?
10. How does Little Priest act in public after meeting with police in Section 5?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)