|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the minister Don Arena is said to be close friends with at the end of Section 5?
2. What does the wife of he man whose house is located on the street the police believe the murderer to have run down say her husband came inside to retrieve after hearing gun shots?
(c) A shirt.
(d) His coat.
3. What is the name of the spy the old man expresses regret at in Section 4?
(a) Little Priest.
(b) Diego Marchica.
(d) Saro Pizzuco.
4. What does the man who comes to talk to the police in Section 5 accuse them of treating one of the men they arrested?
(a) Like a common criminal.
(b) Like a priest.
(c) Like a god.
(d) Like a government leader.
5. What is the actual name of the informer the police use to gain information on the mafia?
(a) Paolo Nicolosi.
(b) Calogero Dibella.
(c) Guiseppe Colasberna.
(d) Rosario Pizzuco.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the driver of the bus described when he is interviewed by the police after the shooting?
2. Which of the following descriptions does the old man not use to describe the men that don't join the mafia at the beginning of Section 4?
3. Why does the police informant on the mafia make up a story to tell to the captain in Section 2?
4. What is the name of the man who was shot at the beginning of the book?
5. What is the name of the brother of the man who was killed at the beginning of the book, who talks to police about his death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does an old man describe Little Priest's work as a spy in Section 4?
2. What is the nature of most of the bus passengers police track down regarding the shooting in Section 1?
3. How did Little Priest earn a living before becoming a police informant?
4. How is Little Priest's quality of life described while working as a police informant?
5. What does Mrs. Nicolosi tell police regarding her husband's actions on the day Salvatore was murdered?
6. What does an old man decide Marchica should do at the end of Section 4?
7. What is the nature of the story the old man tells regarding a police officer at the beginning of Section 4?
8. Why does Little Priest feel guilty at the beginning of Section 5?
9. What is the nature of the conversation between two Sicilian men at the beginning of Section 2?
10. How does an old man say a man becomes cuckolded in Section 4?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)