|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city is the beginning of Section 2 set in?
2. What does the note Little Priest includes with a piece of paper for the police say?
(a) "I'm dead."
(b) "It's over."
(d) "I'm done."
3. What is the name of the minister Don Arena is said to be close friends with at the end of Section 5?
4. What are the two high-ranking ministers shown at the beginning of Section 3 known as?
(a) His Excellency and the Minister.
(b) The Minister and Honorable Member.
(c) Your Majesty and His Excellency.
(d) Honorable Member and His Excellency.
5. Who do two high-ranking ministers discuss at the beginning of Section 3?
(a) Salvatore Colasberna.
(b) Captain Bellodi.
(c) Colagero Dibella.
(d) Rosario Pizzuco.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many anonymous letters do the police have with ideas of who killed the man at the beginning of the book?
2. What does the old man shown in Section 4 say he takes advantage of regarding people?
3. What profession does the man have in the story the old man tells at the beginning of Section 4?
4. What does the captain ask the dead man's workers and relatives to do before leaving the police station?
5. What does the man who comes to talk to the police in Section 5 say that the mafia wouldn't be if it existed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the anonymous letters the police receive in Section 1?
2. What is the nature of the conversation between two Sicilian men at the beginning of Section 2?
3. What is the nature of the speech a man gives to the police regarding Don Arena in Section 5?
4. What does Mrs. Nicolosi reveal to police regarding a nickname in Section 3?
5. What is the nature of the information Little Priest gives to the captain in Section 2?
6. What information is the captain able to discover regarding Nicolosi in Section 3?
7. How does an old man describe Little Priest's work as a spy in Section 4?
8. What is the nature of the two men's conversation regarding communism at the beginning of Section 3?
9. What does Mrs. Nicolosi tell police regarding her husband's actions on the day Salvatore was murdered?
10. What do police do after receiving Little Priest's letter in Section 5?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)