|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the two high-ranking ministers shown at the beginning of Section 3 believe Captain Bellodi to be, in regards to the mafia?
2. Who is the author of the book "Il Giorno Della Civetta"?
(a) Leonardo Sciascia.
(b) Silvio Pellico.
(c) Tommaso Sciasi.
(d) Giovanni Leonardo.
3. How does the man who comes to talk to the police in Section 5 describe one of the men they arrested?
(a) A murderer.
(b) As an old, upstanding member of the community.
(c) A loser.
(d) A criminal.
4. How long does the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 believe he has held out on paying his workers?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 3 months.
5. A man is shot getting on a bus which is traveling where?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the man the sergeant major brings in (who loves gambling) believed to have ties to?
2. What are the two high-ranking ministers shown at the beginning of Section 3 known as?
3. Who does a man come to the police to talk to them about in Section 5?
4. What does the captain ask the dead man's workers and relatives to do before leaving the police station?
5. What is the name of the man's house that is located on the street the police believe the murderer to have run down after the shooting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Nicolosi tell police regarding her husband's actions on the day Salvatore was murdered?
2. Why does the police captain tell Giuseppe he believes his brother was shot in Section 1?
3. How does an old man say a man becomes cuckolded in Section 4?
4. How do the passengers on the bus react after a man is shot at the beginning of the book?
5. What is the nature of the story the old man tells regarding a police officer at the beginning of Section 4?
6. What does an old man decide Marchica should do at the end of Section 4?
7. How does Little Priest act in public after meeting with police in Section 5?
8. How is Little Priest's quality of life described while working as a police informant?
9. How does Little Priest die?
10. What is the nature of the conversation between two men at the beginning of Section 3 regarding the mafia?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)