|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the captain have for asking those questioned in the murder case to write something down at the end of Section 1?
(a) To use as blackmail.
(b) For a handwriting sample.
(c) For no reason.
(d) For future contact.
2. How long ago do the police discover it had been since the man who was shot at the beginning of the book had been accosted on a bus for the very first time?
(a) A year.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 7 days.
(d) 6 months.
3. How long does the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 believe he has held out on paying his workers?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 2 weeks.
4. How do many of the bus passengers describe their seat window on the day of the shooting to police?
(b) Shades down.
(c) Very Bright.
5. Which of the following descriptions does the old man not use to describe the men that don't join the mafia at the beginning of Section 4?
(a) Made into police officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the driver of the bus described when he is interviewed by the police after the shooting?
2. Who does a man come to the police to talk to them about in Section 5?
3. How is the informant to the police on the mafia's payment described?
4. What does the old man say anyone who sets themselves up against the church is, in Section 4?
5. What is the title of the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does an old man describe Little Priest's work as a spy in Section 4?
2. What is the nature of the letter Little Priest sends to police in Section 5?
3. What does Mrs. Nicolosi reveal to police regarding a nickname in Section 3?
4. How is the captain able to get reliable information from Little Priest in Section 2 despite knowing he was lying to him?
5. How do the employees of a sulphur mine react after not being paid for three months?
6. How is Little Priest's quality of life described while working as a police informant?
7. How did Little Priest earn a living before becoming a police informant?
8. What is the nature of most of the bus passengers police track down regarding the shooting in Section 1?
9. What is the nature of the information Little Priest gives to the captain in Section 2?
10. What is the nature of the conversation between two Sicilian men at the beginning of Section 2?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)