|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following men do the police not arrest after getting Little Priest's letter?
(a) Saro Pizzuco.
(b) Ciccio La Rosa.
(c) Don Arena.
(d) Diego Marchica.
2. What does the old man say anyone who sets themselves up against the church is, in Section 4?
(d) A dead man.
3. What religion are all mafia members associated with?
4. What does the man who comes to talk to the police in Section 5 say that the mafia wouldn't be if it existed?
(a) A criminal organization.
(d) A good thing.
5. How does the man who comes to talk to the police in Section 5 describe one of the men they arrested?
(a) As an old, upstanding member of the community.
(b) A loser.
(c) A murderer.
(d) A criminal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old man shown in Section 4 believe most of the men in his city to be?
2. Which of the following things does the workers for the man of honor shown (at the beginning of Section 2) not do after not being paid?
3. What city is the beginning of Section 2 set in?
4. How is the driver of the bus described when he is interviewed by the police after the shooting?
5. Who does the sergeant major find to be given a nickname due to his love of gambling?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does an old man say a man becomes cuckolded in Section 4?
2. Why does the captain decide not to interview a farmer he meets in Section 8?
3. How is the captain able to get reliable information from Little Priest in Section 2 despite knowing he was lying to him?
4. What does the captain say to Marchica while he watches Pizzuco being interrogated?
5. What information is the captain able to discover regarding Nicolosi in Section 3?
6. What are the two men talking at the beginning of Section 9 worried about?
7. How is Little Priest's quality of life described while working as a police informant?
8. How does the captain try and prove the don had connection to corrupt building projects in Section 9?
9. How do the women the captain meet in Parma feel about Sicily?
10. Why do the police arrest Marchica before the other suspects in Section 6?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)