|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the captain suggest is the reason for the man being shot during his interview with the informant on the mafia?
(a) For not paying their taxes.
(b) For being poor.
(c) For being too rich.
(d) For not submitting to the mafia.
2. What religion are all mafia members associated with?
3. What does the man who comes to talk to the police in Section 5 accuse them of treating one of the men they arrested?
(a) Like a priest.
(b) Like a god.
(c) Like a common criminal.
(d) Like a government leader.
4. How is the informant to the police on the mafia's payment described?
(b) Very well.
(c) He isn't paid.
5. Who does the sergeant major believe knows everyone in town and goes to question in Section 3?
(a) His baker.
(b) His barber.
(c) His brother-in-law.
(d) His brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old man shown in Section 4 believe most of the men in his city to be?
2. What term does the old man use to describe a man whose wife cheats on him behind his back in Section 4?
3. How many times has the individual shown at the beginning of Section 5 given this type of information to the police?
4. At what time do the police believe the murderer would have been running down the street after the shooting?
5. What does the man who comes to talk to the police in Section 5 say that the mafia wouldn't be if it existed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the police captain tell Giuseppe he believes his brother was shot in Section 1?
2. What is the initial information the police find on Diego Marchica at the end of Section 3?
3. How did Little Priest earn a living before becoming a police informant?
4. How does Little Priest act in public after meeting with police in Section 5?
5. What do police do after receiving Little Priest's letter in Section 5?
6. What is the nature of the conversation between two men at the beginning of Section 3 regarding the mafia?
7. What is the nature of the speech a man gives to the police regarding Don Arena in Section 5?
8. How does an old man describe Little Priest's work as a spy in Section 4?
9. What information is the captain able to discover regarding Nicolosi in Section 3?
10. What does an old man decide Marchica should do at the end of Section 4?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)