|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago do the police discover it had been since the man who was shot at the beginning of the book had been accosted on a bus for the very first time?
(a) 6 months.
(b) A year.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 7 days.
2. Where does the old man suggest the young man should go visit a sister at the end of Section 4?
3. What is the nickname of the informer the police use to gain information on the mafia?
(a) Little Priest.
4. Who does the old man shown in Section 4 believe make a fool of most of the men in the city?
(a) The priests.
(b) The government.
(c) The mafia.
(d) The police.
5. What is the Italian name for the police that is used in the book?
(c) La Policia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the old man say should take a vacation at the end of Section 4?
2. What does the informant to the police on the mafia live in a constant state of?
3. Who does the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 complain about an encounter with?
4. What does the old man say a man should do if he finds out his wife is cheating on him in Section 4?
5. What does the captain suggest all of the building contractors in their area had done that the man who died had not?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does an old man describe Little Priest's work as a spy in Section 4?
2. What is the nature of the speech a man gives to the police regarding Don Arena in Section 5?
3. How do the employees of a sulphur mine react after not being paid for three months?
4. What does Mrs. Nicolosi reveal to police regarding a nickname in Section 3?
5. Why does Little Priest feel guilty at the beginning of Section 5?
6. How does an old man say a man becomes cuckolded in Section 4?
7. What information is the captain able to discover regarding Nicolosi in Section 3?
8. How does Little Priest act in public after meeting with police in Section 5?
9. What is the nature of the letter Little Priest sends to police in Section 5?
10. What is the nature of the conversation between two Sicilian men at the beginning of Section 2?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)