|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the individual shown at the beginning of Section 5?
(b) Little Priest.
(c) Ciccio La Rosa.
(d) Paolo Nicolosi.
2. Which of the following men do the police not arrest after getting Little Priest's letter?
(a) Don Arena.
(b) Diego Marchica.
(c) Saro Pizzuco.
(d) Ciccio La Rosa.
3. What kind of mine has the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 invested much of his money in?
4. What are the two high-ranking ministers shown at the beginning of Section 3 known as?
(a) Your Majesty and His Excellency.
(b) His Excellency and the Minister.
(c) The Minister and Honorable Member.
(d) Honorable Member and His Excellency.
5. How long does the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 believe he has held out on paying his workers?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 1 month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the wife of he man whose house is located on the street the police believe the murderer to have run down say her husband came inside to retrieve after hearing gun shots?
2. What does the old man shown in Section 4 say he takes advantage of regarding people?
3. What profession did the police informant on the mafia previously have before selling out?
4. What does the man who comes to talk to the police in Section 5 accuse them of treating one of the men they arrested?
5. Who do two high-ranking ministers discuss at the beginning of Section 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of most of the bus passengers police track down regarding the shooting in Section 1?
2. What is the nature of the two men's conversation regarding communism at the beginning of Section 3?
3. How do the employees of a sulphur mine react after not being paid for three months?
4. How does Little Priest die?
5. What is the nature of the conversation between two Sicilian men at the beginning of Section 2?
6. How is the "Mother Church" first described in the book?
7. What is the nature of the speech a man gives to the police regarding Don Arena in Section 5?
8. How does an old man say a man becomes cuckolded in Section 4?
9. How do the passengers on the bus react after a man is shot at the beginning of the book?
10. What is the nature of the information Little Priest gives to the captain in Section 2?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)