|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many shots does the wife of he man whose house is located on the street the police believe the murderer to have run down after the shooting say her husband heard?
2. What do the police believe arresting Marchica would be after he is brought in for questioning?
(c) Very dangerous.
3. What does the note Little Priest includes with a piece of paper for the police say?
(a) "I'm dead."
(b) "It's over."
(d) "I'm done."
4. What is the nickname of the informer the police use to gain information on the mafia?
(d) Little Priest.
5. How does the old man say a man is not supposed to react if he suspects his wife of cheating in Section 4?
(a) Kill someone.
(b) Sit back and do nothing.
(c) Beat up someone.
(d) Get aggressive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nickname that Mrs. Nicolosi gives to the police in regards to the shooting?
2. What city is the beginning of Section 2 set in?
3. Where is the opening scene of the book located?
4. How is the driver of the bus described when he is interviewed by the police after the shooting?
5. What is the actual name of the informer the police use to gain information on the mafia?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Little Priest earn a living before becoming a police informant?
2. Why does the captain ask the men of the Santa Fara Co-op to write down their names and addresses at the end of Section 1?
3. What does an old man decide Marchica should do at the end of Section 4?
4. Why does Little Priest feel guilty at the beginning of Section 5?
5. What information is the captain able to discover regarding Nicolosi in Section 3?
6. What does Mrs. Nicolosi tell police regarding her husband's actions on the day Salvatore was murdered?
7. How do the passengers on the bus react after a man is shot at the beginning of the book?
8. How do the employees of a sulphur mine react after not being paid for three months?
9. What is the nature of the story the old man tells regarding a police officer at the beginning of Section 4?
10. What is the nature of most of the bus passengers police track down regarding the shooting in Section 1?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)