|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the police believe arresting Marchica would be after he is brought in for questioning?
(a) Very dangerous.
2. Where does the old man suggest the young man should go visit a sister at the end of Section 4?
3. How many times has the individual shown at the beginning of Section 5 given this type of information to the police?
(c) Three times.
4. What religion are all mafia members associated with?
5. What does the captain suggest all of the building contractors in their area had done that the man who died had not?
(a) Paid for protection.
(b) Hired locals.
(c) Had a permit.
(d) Went to church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two high-ranking ministers shown at the beginning of Section 3 known as?
2. What political association do the two men at the beginning of Section 3 claim Salvatore Colasberna to be involved with?
3. What is the name of the street the police believe Colasberna's murderer to have run down after the shooting?
4. Who does Little Priest originally mail his confession to in Section 5?
5. What does the old man shown at the beginning of Section 4 known to have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the police captain tell Giuseppe he believes his brother was shot in Section 1?
2. How is the "Mother Church" first described in the book?
3. How does an old man describe Little Priest's work as a spy in Section 4?
4. What is the nature of the letter Little Priest sends to police in Section 5?
5. How does Little Priest die?
6. How do the employees of a sulphur mine react after not being paid for three months?
7. What is the nature of most of the bus passengers police track down regarding the shooting in Section 1?
8. What does Mrs. Nicolosi reveal to police regarding a nickname in Section 3?
9. What is the nature of the information Little Priest gives to the captain in Section 2?
10. How does an old man say a man becomes cuckolded in Section 4?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)