|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the company the man owned who was shot?
(a) Via Santa Co-operative Society.
(b) Grimelli Co-Operative Society.
(c) Genoa Fara Co-Operative Society.
(d) Santa Fara Co-operative Society.
2. What does the old man in Section 4 believe a certain spy does not act with enough of?
3. What does the captain suggest all of the building contractors in their area had done that the man who died had not?
(a) Paid for protection.
(b) Had a permit.
(c) Hired locals.
(d) Went to church.
4. What does the note Little Priest includes with a piece of paper for the police say?
(a) "It's over."
(b) "I'm done."
(d) "I'm dead."
5. What does the old man say anyone who sets themselves up against the church is, in Section 4?
(d) A dead man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession does the man have in the story the old man tells at the beginning of Section 4?
2. What is the name of the street the police believe Colasberna's murderer to have run down after the shooting?
3. Why does an officer angrily intervene at the house of the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 despite not wanting to?
4. What does the captain suggest is the reason for the man being shot during his interview with the informant on the mafia?
5. What term does the old man use to describe a man whose wife cheats on him behind his back in Section 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the initial information the police find on Diego Marchica at the end of Section 3?
2. How does an old man describe Little Priest's work as a spy in Section 4?
3. What is the nature of the conversation between two men at the beginning of Section 3 regarding the mafia?
4. Why does the police captain tell Giuseppe he believes his brother was shot in Section 1?
5. How did Little Priest earn a living before becoming a police informant?
6. What is the nature of most of the bus passengers police track down regarding the shooting in Section 1?
7. What is the nature of the information Little Priest gives to the captain in Section 2?
8. How do the employees of a sulphur mine react after not being paid for three months?
9. What is the nature of the conversation between two Sicilian men at the beginning of Section 2?
10. Why does Little Priest feel guilty at the beginning of Section 5?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)