|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose names does the police informant give to the captain at the end of Section 2?
(a) Diego Marchica and Paolo Nicolosi.
(b) Guiseppe Colasberna and Ciccio La Rosa.
(c) Ciccio La Rosa and Saro Pizzuco.
(d) Diego Marchica and Ciccio Nicolosi.
2. What does the old man shown in Section 4 believe most of the men in his city to be?
3. How do many of the bus passengers describe their seat window on the day of the shooting to police?
(a) Shades down.
(d) Very Bright.
4. What is the name of the brother of the man who was killed at the beginning of the book, who talks to police about his death?
(a) Diego Marchica.
(b) Giuseppe Colasberna.
(c) Rosario Pizzuco.
(d) Giuseppe Mancusi.
5. What does the wife of he man whose house is located on the street the police believe the murderer to have run down say her husband came inside to retrieve after hearing gun shots?
(c) His coat.
(d) A shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the company the man owned who was shot?
2. What is the nickname of the informer the police use to gain information on the mafia?
3. What does the captain suggest all of the building contractors in their area had done that the man who died had not?
4. Who does the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 complain about an encounter with?
5. What does Little Priest also include on a piece of paper for the police in Section 5 along with some names?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Nicolosi reveal to police regarding a nickname in Section 3?
2. How is the "Mother Church" first described in the book?
3. What information do the police first find out regarding Salvatore after his identity is discovered?
4. How is Little Priest's quality of life described while working as a police informant?
5. What information is the captain able to discover regarding Nicolosi in Section 3?
6. What is the nature of the anonymous letters the police receive in Section 1?
7. How does an old man describe Little Priest's work as a spy in Section 4?
8. What is the nature of most of the bus passengers police track down regarding the shooting in Section 1?
9. What is the nature of the two men's conversation regarding communism at the beginning of Section 3?
10. How do the passengers on the bus react after a man is shot at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)