|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following things does Captain Bellodi and his friend not do after running into a woman on the street in Section 10?
(a) Go dancing at a local club.
(b) Go back to the girl's house.
(c) Sit by the fireplace.
(d) Listen to records.
2. What is the man being interviewed by police actually telling them when the other prisoner watches the interview from the captain's office?
(a) About his family.
(b) His personal information.
(c) About his work.
(d) A confession.
3. Whose confession does the Captain show the don during an interrogation in Section 9?
(a) Diego Marchica's.
(b) Saro Pizzuco's.
(c) Don Arena's.
(d) Ciccio La Rosa's.
4. Who tells the man watching the interview from the captain's office that his friend is telling the police everything?
(a) Minister Mancusi.
(b) Don Arena.
(c) Captain Bellodi.
(d) Sergeant D'Antona.
5. Who do the police arrest first in Section 6?
(a) Diego Marchica.
(b) Don Arena.
(c) Salvatore Colasberna.
6. What is the name of the person with a spotless reputation that gives Marchica an alibi in Section 10?
(a) Honorable Member Livigni.
(b) Doctor Baccarella.
(c) Colagero Dibella.
(d) Minister Mancusi.
7. What does Marchica believe after the police show him a confession in Section 6?
(a) That Pizzuco confessed.
(b) That the police are liars.
(c) That the don confessed.
(d) That he is innocent.
8. How does Captain Bellodi react after the girls tell him what they think of his story about the mafia in Section 10?
9. What do all of the girls Captain Bellodi and his friends hang out with in Section 10 believe Sicily to be?
10. What happens when the medic tries to obtain justice against members of the mafia according to Captain Bellodi's story in Section 10?
(a) A lawyer helps him.
(b) Reporters notice him.
(c) He is ignored.
(d) The police help him.
11. What country does the Captain wish Italy would adopt laws from that would allow more mafia members to be arrested?
(d) The United States.
12. Where does Captain Bellodi tell some girls that most mafia bosses would stay while they were in jail in Section 10?
(a) In general population.
(b) The warden's office.
(c) Their cells.
(d) The infirmary.
13. Who is concluded to have been involved in the murders Bellodi has been investigating at the end of Section 8?
(a) Ciccio La Rosa.
(b) Paolo Nicolosi.
(c) Minister Livigni.
(d) Minister Mancuso.
14. According to the first confession the police hear in Section 7, who does Pizzuco assure he will take care of the witness that saw him after the murder?
(b) Don Arena.
(c) Mrs. Nicolosi.
(d) Diego Marchica.
15. What do the girls Captain Bellodi and his friend meet in Section 10 believe heats the blood of Sicilian people?
(d) The sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the confession the police show Marchica in Section 6 say the murderer didn't have?
2. Who does Marchica want to ensure will be implicated for murder along with him at the end of Section 6?
3. What do the confessions the police obtain insinuate Colasberna did to cause him to be murdered?
4. What word does Captain Bellodi discover a man's dog's name to be derived from in Section 8 that means chief of police?
5. Where does the story Captain Bellodi tells some girls he meets in Section 10 about the mafia take place?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)