|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the confession the police show Marchica in Section 6 say the murderer didn't have?
(a) A conscience.
(b) An alibi.
(c) An accomplice.
(d) A weapon.
2. How does Marchica react after reading the confession the police hand him in Section 6?
(b) Become enraged.
(c) Begins crying.
(d) Doesn't do anything.
3. What happens to a medic that begins treating sick patients rather than members of the mafia according to Captain Bellodi's story in Section 10?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He is beaten up.
(c) He is fired.
(d) He is transferred.
4. What does the Captain discover the don lied about that he wishes he could arrest him for but cannot?
(a) His house deed.
(b) His marriage license.
(c) His will.
(d) His income taxes.
5. According to the first confession the police hear in Section 7, who disposes of the murder weapon?
(a) Pizzuco's wife.
(b) Pizzuco's brother-in-law.
(c) Marchica's mother.
6. What is the name of the person with a spotless reputation that gives Marchica an alibi in Section 10?
(a) Minister Mancusi.
(b) Colagero Dibella.
(c) Doctor Baccarella.
(d) Honorable Member Livigni.
7. What do the characters at the beginning of Section 9 consider the most important piece of evidence the police have in their murder investigation?
(a) Mrs. Nicolosi's confession.
(b) The don's identity.
(c) Marchica's confession.
(d) Pizzuco's confession.
8. Where does Captain Bellodi say he knows he will go to at the end of the book?
9. How many murders does the confession the police show Marchica blame on him?
(c) Too many to count.
10. What does a man reveal to a high-ranking minister will be on the front page of a newspaper at the beginning of Section 8?
(a) A picture of Don Arena with an important minister.
(b) A picture of Marchica with a government official.
(c) An accusation of murder.
(d) A picture of a minister with Pizzuco.
11. How do the girls Captain Bellodi tells a story about the mafia to in Section 10 feel about the story?
(a) They find it boring.
(b) They become angry.
(c) They find it juicy and exciting.
(d) They think it is sad.
12. Who reacts in rage when the police show him a full confession implicating him in Section 7?
(a) Ciccio La Rosa.
(c) Don Arena.
(d) Saro Pizzuco.
13. According to the first confession the police hear in Section 7, who offers Marchica money for Colasberna's murder?
(a) Mrs. Nicolosi.
(b) Paolo Nicolosi.
(c) Don Arena.
(d) Saro Pizzuco.
14. Where does Captain Bellodi go on a leave of absence from the police force in Section 10?
15. According to the first confession the police hear in Section 7, who offers to supply the gun for the murder?
(a) Paolo Nicolosi.
(b) Saro Pizzuco.
(c) Diego Marchica.
(d) Don Arena.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose confession does the Captain show the don during an interrogation in Section 9?
2. Who is transferred out of Italy on the police force after the murder trial in Section 10?
3. What does the Captain find himself discussing with the don rather than the murder case?
4. Why does Marchica claim is the only reason he confessed during the murder trial in Section 10?
5. According to the second confession the police hear in Section 7, what was Colasberna offering Pizzuco?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)