|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells the man watching the interview from the captain's office that his friend is telling the police everything?
(a) Don Arena.
(b) Minister Mancusi.
(c) Sergeant D'Antona.
(d) Captain Bellodi.
2. Who does the Captain first interrogate in Section 9?
(a) Diego Marchica.
(c) Mrs. Nicolosi.
(d) Don Arena.
3. Whose office is the man the police allow to sit in the captain's office during interrogation able to see into?
(a) Sergeant Major Ferlisi's.
(b) Sergeant Livigni's.
(c) Minister Mancusi's.
(d) Sergeant D'Antona's.
4. How many characters are shown at the beginning of Section 9?
5. What does Bellodi not bother to do to the man he meets at a crime scene in Section 8?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Arrest him.
(c) Torture him.
(d) Question him.
6. Whose side of the murder story is told second in Section 7?
(a) Diego Marchica's.
(b) Don Arena's.
(c) Saro Pizzuco's.
(d) Paolo Nicolosi's.
7. Who helps the police retrieve Nicolosi's body in the book?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A peasant.
(d) A priest.
8. What does the Captain find himself discussing with the don rather than the murder case?
9. How do the girls Captain Bellodi tells a story about the mafia to in Section 10 feel about the story?
(a) They think it is sad.
(b) They find it boring.
(c) They become angry.
(d) They find it juicy and exciting.
10. What happens to a medic that begins treating sick patients rather than members of the mafia according to Captain Bellodi's story in Section 10?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He is transferred.
(c) He is beaten up.
(d) He is fired.
11. Who brings the captain a confession in his office to allow the prisoner watching the interrogation to see?
12. How does the don respond when he is shown a confession in Section 9?
13. Who is the person that writes a confession at the beginning of Section 7 hoping to take down with him?
(a) Saro Pizzuco.
(b) Ciccio La Rosa.
(c) Don Arena.
(d) Colagero Dibella.
14. What does a confession suggest is the only motivation for Marchica to commit murder?
(a) His violent temper.
(b) There is no reason.
(c) He is a psychopath.
(d) He holds grudges.
15. Where does the high-ranking minister receive a call from at the beginning of Section 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Captain mention during his interrogation of the don that makes him angry?
2. What does the Captain discover the don lied about that he wishes he could arrest him for but cannot?
3. Whose poise is considered unflappable in Section 9?
4. What does Pizzuco do after he assumes the police know everything about the murder?
5. Who do the police allow to sit in the captain's office during interrogation in Section 6?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)