|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Captain find himself discussing with the don rather than the murder case?
2. How do the police obtain a confession to show Marchica in Section 6?
(a) Don Arena writes it.
(b) Pizzuco writes it.
(c) Mrs. Nicolosi writes it.
(d) They forge it.
3. What country does the Captain wish Italy would adopt laws from that would allow more mafia members to be arrested?
(c) The United States.
4. What do the girls Captain Bellodi and his friend meet in Section 10 believe heats the blood of Sicilian people?
(a) The sun.
5. Who helps the police retrieve Nicolosi's body in the book?
(a) A peasant.
(c) A priest.
(d) A farmer.
6. Where does Captain Bellodi say he knows he will go to at the end of the book?
7. According to the first confession the police hear in Section 7, who claims they had no prior knowledge about the murder until after it occurred?
(a) Saro Pizzuco.
(b) Diego Marchica.
(c) Don Arena.
(d) Ciccio La Rosa.
8. How long do the police wait to arrest the next people after the first initial man in Section 6?
(a) Six hours.
(b) One day.
(c) Two days.
(d) An hour.
9. Who is transferred out of Italy on the police force after the murder trial in Section 10?
(a) Minister Mancusi.
(b) Sergeant D'Antona.
(c) Honorable Member Livigni.
(d) Sergeant Pizzuco.
10. Where does Captain Bellodi search for the body of Nicolosi in Section 8?
(a) The Grimoli Chiarchiaro.
(b) Via Cavour.
(c) The church.
(d) The Piazza Garibaldi.
11. How do the girls Captain Bellodi tells a story about the mafia to in Section 10 feel about the story?
(a) They think it is sad.
(b) They find it juicy and exciting.
(c) They become angry.
(d) They find it boring.
12. How does the high-ranking minister react when he hears one of his ministers might have mafia connections in Section 8?
13. Where does the high-ranking minister receive a call from at the beginning of Section 8?
14. What kind of projects does the Captain point out that the don has been involved with at the end of Section 9?
15. Whose side of the murder story is told second in Section 7?
(a) Don Arena's.
(b) Paolo Nicolosi's.
(c) Saro Pizzuco's.
(d) Diego Marchica's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose office is the man the police allow to sit in the captain's office during interrogation able to see into?
2. Who are the characters shown at the beginning of Section 9 worried about confessing?
3. Who approaches Captain Bellodi when he returns to the station after finding Nicolosi's body?
4. What do the characters at the beginning of Section 9 say Marchica must claim to have happened to cause him to confess to murder?
5. Who is concluded to have been involved in the murders Bellodi has been investigating at the end of Section 8?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)