|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Marchica want to ensure will be implicated for murder along with him at the end of Section 6?
(a) Saro Pizzuco.
(b) Salvatore Colasberna.
(c) Don Arena.
(d) Ciccio La Rosa.
2. According to the first confession the police hear in Section 7, where does Marchica hide out after the murders?
(a) His mother's home.
(b) Pizzuco's sister's home.
(c) Pizzuco's mother's home.
(d) The church.
3. Who do the two men having a phone conversation in Section 8 believe the police should be more willing to work with?
(a) Prominent citizens.
(b) The mafia.
(c) Government officials.
(d) The poor.
4. Who brings the captain a confession in his office to allow the prisoner watching the interrogation to see?
5. What does the man Captain Bellodi meets in Section 8 tell him his dog's name means?
(a) Evil person.
(b) Happy man.
(c) Good boy.
(d) Bad boy.
6. Where does the story Captain Bellodi tells some girls he meets in Section 10 about the mafia take place?
(a) A prison infirmary.
(b) A bank.
(c) A bakery.
(d) A church.
7. What word does Captain Bellodi discover a man's dog's name to be derived from in Section 8 that means chief of police?
8. According to the first confession the police hear in Section 7, who does Pizzuco run into after the murder?
(b) Guiseppe Colasberna.
(c) Paolo Nicolosi.
(d) Mrs. Nicolosi.
9. Where does Captain Bellodi search for the body of Nicolosi in Section 8?
(a) The church.
(b) The Piazza Garibaldi.
(c) The Grimoli Chiarchiaro.
(d) Via Cavour.
10. What is the name of the minister that is revealed to have possible mafia ties in Section 8?
(a) Minister La Rosa.
(b) Minister Mancuso.
(c) Minister Livigni.
(d) Minister D'Antona.
11. How many characters are shown at the beginning of Section 9?
12. Who reacts in rage when the police show him a full confession implicating him in Section 7?
(a) Don Arena.
(b) Saro Pizzuco.
(d) Ciccio La Rosa.
13. Whose side of the murder story is told first in Section 7?
(a) Saro Pizzuco's.
(b) Don Arena's.
(c) Diego Marchica's.
(d) Ciccio La Rosa's.
14. What do the characters shown at the beginning of Section 9 say they will provide for Marchica?
(a) An undeniable alibi.
(c) A way out.
15. Whose office is the man the police allow to sit in the captain's office during interrogation able to see into?
(a) Sergeant Major Ferlisi's.
(b) Sergeant D'Antona's.
(c) Sergeant Livigni's.
(d) Minister Mancusi's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the characters at the beginning of Section 9 consider the most important piece of evidence the police have in their murder investigation?
2. How does Captain Bellodi feel about the area he searches for Nicolosi's body?
3. What does the Captain discover the don lied about that he wishes he could arrest him for but cannot?
4. How do the girls Captain Bellodi tells a story about the mafia to in Section 10 feel about the story?
5. What do the characters at the beginning of Section 9 say Marchica must claim to have happened to cause him to confess to murder?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)