|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Captain Bellodi say he knows he will go to at the end of the book?
2. According to the first confession the police hear in Section 7, where does Marchica hide out after the murders?
(a) The church.
(b) Pizzuco's mother's home.
(c) Pizzuco's sister's home.
(d) His mother's home.
3. What does Marchica believe after the police show him a confession in Section 6?
(a) That Pizzuco confessed.
(b) That the police are liars.
(c) That the don confessed.
(d) That he is innocent.
4. How does the high-ranking minister react when he hears one of his ministers might have mafia connections in Section 8?
5. Where does Captain Bellodi go on a leave of absence from the police force in Section 10?
6. What is the name of the person with a spotless reputation that gives Marchica an alibi in Section 10?
(a) Colagero Dibella.
(b) Minister Mancusi.
(c) Honorable Member Livigni.
(d) Doctor Baccarella.
7. What do all of the girls Captain Bellodi and his friends hang out with in Section 10 believe Sicily to be?
8. Who do the police arrest first in Section 6?
(a) Don Arena.
(c) Diego Marchica.
(d) Salvatore Colasberna.
9. What does the don say the man claiming he used corrupt building contracts has done to pay him back at the end of Section 9?
(a) Laughed at him.
(b) Made fun of him.
(c) Helped him.
(d) Stabbed him in the back.
10. What does a confession suggest is the only motivation for Marchica to commit murder?
(a) His violent temper.
(b) There is no reason.
(c) He holds grudges.
(d) He is a psychopath.
11. Where does the story Captain Bellodi tells some girls he meets in Section 10 about the mafia take place?
(a) A church.
(b) A bakery.
(c) A bank.
(d) A prison infirmary.
12. Who does the man the police allow to sit in the captain's office first witness the police questioning in Section 6?
(a) Mrs. Nicolosi.
(b) Don Arena.
(d) Saro Pizzuco.
13. How does Captain Bellodi feel about the area he searches for Nicolosi's body?
(a) That it is creepy.
(b) It is sad.
(c) It is holy.
(d) It is pretty.
14. What country does the Captain wish Italy would adopt laws from that would allow more mafia members to be arrested?
(b) The United States.
15. Who do the two men having a phone conversation at the beginning of Section 8 become annoyed at because of their sudden rise in power?
(a) Diego Marchica.
(b) Saro Pizzuco.
(c) Don Arena.
(d) Captain Bellodi.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the second confession the police hear in Section 7, what was Colasberna offering Pizzuco?
2. What kind of projects does the Captain point out that the don has been involved with at the end of Section 9?
3. What does Pizzuco do after he assumes the police know everything about the murder?
4. Whose poise is considered unflappable in Section 9?
5. What does Bellodi not bother to do to the man he meets at a crime scene in Section 8?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)