|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the first confession the police hear in Section 7, where does Marchica hide out after the murders?
(a) The church.
(b) Pizzuco's sister's home.
(c) His mother's home.
(d) Pizzuco's mother's home.
2. Where does the story Captain Bellodi tells some girls he meets in Section 10 about the mafia take place?
(a) A church.
(b) A bank.
(c) A prison infirmary.
(d) A bakery.
3. What kind of projects does the Captain point out that the don has been involved with at the end of Section 9?
4. How does the wife of the high-ranking minister shown at the beginning of Section 8 react when he answers the phone?
5. What does the don say the man claiming he used corrupt building contracts has done to pay him back at the end of Section 9?
(a) Stabbed him in the back.
(b) Helped him.
(c) Made fun of him.
(d) Laughed at him.
6. Who helps the police retrieve Nicolosi's body in the book?
(a) A peasant.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A priest.
7. Who does Marchica want to ensure will be implicated for murder along with him at the end of Section 6?
(a) Salvatore Colasberna.
(b) Ciccio La Rosa.
(c) Don Arena.
(d) Saro Pizzuco.
8. How does the high-ranking minister react when he hears one of his ministers might have mafia connections in Section 8?
9. How does Captain Bellodi react after the girls tell him what they think of his story about the mafia in Section 10?
10. What happens when the medic tries to obtain justice against members of the mafia according to Captain Bellodi's story in Section 10?
(a) Reporters notice him.
(b) He is ignored.
(c) The police help him.
(d) A lawyer helps him.
11. According to the first confession the police hear in Section 7, who is accused of fooling a man into allowing him access to a shelter after the murder?
(a) Paolo Nicolosi.
(b) Don Arena.
(c) Diego Marchica.
(d) Ciccio La Rosa.
12. What is the name of the minister that is revealed to have possible mafia ties in Section 8?
(a) Minister Livigni.
(b) Minister Mancuso.
(c) Minister La Rosa.
(d) Minister D'Antona.
13. How many characters are shown at the beginning of Section 9?
14. What does a confession suggest is the only motivation for Marchica to commit murder?
(a) There is no reason.
(b) He is a psychopath.
(c) His violent temper.
(d) He holds grudges.
15. What kind of men do the characters at the beginning of Section 9 say they must find to clear Marchica of murder?
(a) Men known for their honesty.
(b) A high-ranking official.
(c) A minister.
(d) A police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Captain Bellodi go on a leave of absence from the police force in Section 10?
2. Who does the captain ask the don if he told to get rid of Colasberna?
3. According to the first confession the police hear in Section 7, who does Pizzuco run into after the murder?
4. Who do the police arrest next after the first arrest in Section 6?
5. Which of the following things does Captain Bellodi and his friend not do after running into a woman on the street in Section 10?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)