|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the woman Captain Bellodi and his childhood friend run into on the street in Section 10?
2. What do all of the girls Captain Bellodi and his friends hang out with in Section 10 believe Sicily to be?
3. Who writes a full confession at the beginning of Section 7?
(a) Diego Marchica.
(c) Mrs. Nicolosi.
(d) Minister Mancusi.
4. Who brings the captain a confession in his office to allow the prisoner watching the interrogation to see?
5. Who do the two men having a phone conversation in Section 8 believe the police should be more willing to work with?
(a) Prominent citizens.
(b) The mafia.
(c) Government officials.
(d) The poor.
6. What does the confession the police show Marchica in Section 6 say the murderer didn't have?
(a) An accomplice.
(b) An alibi.
(c) A conscience.
(d) A weapon.
7. According to the first confession the police hear in Section 7, who disposes of the murder weapon?
(a) Marchica's mother.
(b) Pizzuco's wife.
(c) Pizzuco's brother-in-law.
8. Where does Captain Bellodi go on a leave of absence from the police force in Section 10?
9. How does the high-ranking minister react when he hears one of his ministers might have mafia connections in Section 8?
10. How does the don respond when he is shown a confession in Section 9?
11. What country does the Captain wish Italy would adopt laws from that would allow more mafia members to be arrested?
(d) The United States.
12. What is the name of the rocky network of caves and chasms in Sicily?
(b) Gramoli Chiarchiaro.
(d) The Carabinieri.
13. Who tells the man watching the interview from the captain's office that his friend is telling the police everything?
(a) Captain Bellodi.
(b) Sergeant D'Antona.
(c) Don Arena.
(d) Minister Mancusi.
14. What happens to a medic that begins treating sick patients rather than members of the mafia according to Captain Bellodi's story in Section 10?
(a) He is fired.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He is transferred.
(d) He is beaten up.
15. According to the second confession the police hear in Section 7, what was Colasberna offering Pizzuco?
(b) Marriage advice.
(c) An alibi.
(d) Business advice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the characters shown at the beginning of Section 9 worried about confessing?
2. What does Marchica believe after the police show him a confession in Section 6?
3. Whose confession does the Captain show the don during an interrogation in Section 9?
4. Who helps the police retrieve Nicolosi's body in the book?
5. According to the first confession the police hear in Section 7, who does Pizzuco run into after the murder?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)