|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marchica believe after the police show him a confession in Section 6?
(a) That the police are liars.
(b) That the don confessed.
(c) That Pizzuco confessed.
(d) That he is innocent.
2. Who approaches Captain Bellodi when he returns to the station after finding Nicolosi's body?
(a) The mafia.
(c) The government.
3. Who is eventually charged with Nicolosi's murder in Section 10?
(a) Diego Marchica.
(b) Mrs. Nicolosi and her lover.
(c) Ciccio La Rosa.
(d) Saro Pizzuco.
4. What occupation does the man Captain Bellodi meets in Section 8 have?
(a) A government official.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A cook.
(d) A teacher.
5. Who does the Captain use as an example when trying to prove the don used corrupt building contracts in Section 9?
(a) Mr. Fazello.
(b) Salvatore Colasberna.
(c) Ciccio La Rosa.
(d) Paolo Nicolosi.
6. How do the police obtain a confession to show Marchica in Section 6?
(a) They forge it.
(b) Don Arena writes it.
(c) Pizzuco writes it.
(d) Mrs. Nicolosi writes it.
7. How does Captain Bellodi react after the girls tell him what they think of his story about the mafia in Section 10?
8. According to the first confession the police hear in Section 7, who is accused of fooling a man into allowing him access to a shelter after the murder?
(a) Don Arena.
(b) Diego Marchica.
(c) Paolo Nicolosi.
(d) Ciccio La Rosa.
9. How does the wife of the high-ranking minister shown at the beginning of Section 8 react when he answers the phone?
10. How does the high-ranking minister react when he hears one of his ministers might have mafia connections in Section 8?
11. What is the name of the rocky network of caves and chasms in Sicily?
(a) Gramoli Chiarchiaro.
(d) The Carabinieri.
12. Whose side of the murder story is told second in Section 7?
(a) Diego Marchica's.
(b) Paolo Nicolosi's.
(c) Saro Pizzuco's.
(d) Don Arena's.
13. What is the high-ranking minister shown at the beginning of Section 8 known as?
(a) Your Majesty.
(b) Honorable Member.
(c) Your Honor.
(d) His Excellency.
14. What word does Captain Bellodi discover a man's dog's name to be derived from in Section 8 that means chief of police?
15. Where does Captain Bellodi go on a leave of absence from the police force in Section 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the first confession the police hear in Section 7, where does Marchica hide out after the murders?
2. Who do the two men having a phone conversation at the beginning of Section 8 become annoyed at because of their sudden rise in power?
3. Who do the police arrest first in Section 6?
4. What do the girls Captain Bellodi and his friend meet in Section 10 believe heats the blood of Sicilian people?
5. Who is the person that writes a confession at the beginning of Section 7 hoping to take down with him?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)