|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the don say the man claiming he used corrupt building contracts has done to pay him back at the end of Section 9?
(a) Stabbed him in the back.
(b) Laughed at him.
(c) Made fun of him.
(d) Helped him.
2. What happens when the medic tries to obtain justice against members of the mafia according to Captain Bellodi's story in Section 10?
(a) He is ignored.
(b) A lawyer helps him.
(c) Reporters notice him.
(d) The police help him.
3. What does the confession the police show Marchica in Section 6 say the murderer didn't have?
(a) A conscience.
(b) A weapon.
(c) An alibi.
(d) An accomplice.
4. How does the wife of the high-ranking minister shown at the beginning of Section 8 react when he answers the phone?
5. What does the Captain find himself discussing with the don rather than the murder case?
6. What country does the Captain wish Italy would adopt laws from that would allow more mafia members to be arrested?
(d) The United States.
7. How do the girls Captain Bellodi tells a story about the mafia to in Section 10 feel about the story?
(a) They find it juicy and exciting.
(b) They become angry.
(c) They find it boring.
(d) They think it is sad.
8. How does Captain Bellodi react after the girls tell him what they think of his story about the mafia in Section 10?
9. Where does the story Captain Bellodi tells some girls he meets in Section 10 about the mafia take place?
(a) A church.
(b) A bakery.
(c) A bank.
(d) A prison infirmary.
10. What happens to a medic that begins treating sick patients rather than members of the mafia according to Captain Bellodi's story in Section 10?
(a) He is fired.
(b) He is transferred.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He is beaten up.
11. What do the characters at the beginning of Section 9 consider the most important piece of evidence the police have in their murder investigation?
(a) Mrs. Nicolosi's confession.
(b) Marchica's confession.
(c) Pizzuco's confession.
(d) The don's identity.
12. According to the first confession the police hear in Section 7, who claims they had no prior knowledge about the murder until after it occurred?
(a) Saro Pizzuco.
(b) Ciccio La Rosa.
(c) Diego Marchica.
(d) Don Arena.
13. Why does Marchica claim is the only reason he confessed during the murder trial in Section 10?
(a) Because police made him.
(b) Because he was angry at Pizzuco.
(c) Because he was scared.
(d) Because he felt like it.
14. How does the high-ranking minister react when he hears one of his ministers might have mafia connections in Section 8?
15. Who approaches Captain Bellodi when he returns to the station after finding Nicolosi's body?
(a) The mafia.
(c) The government.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the first confession the police hear in Section 7, who disposes of the murder weapon?
2. What do the confessions the police obtain insinuate Colasberna did to cause him to be murdered?
3. How many characters are shown at the beginning of Section 9?
4. What do the girls Captain Bellodi and his friend meet in Section 10 believe heats the blood of Sicilian people?
5. Who do the police allow to sit in the captain's office during interrogation in Section 6?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)