|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Little Priest originally mail his confession to in Section 5?
(a) Captain Bellodi.
(b) Sergeant D'Antona.
(c) Don Arena.
(d) The priest.
2. Where does the old man suggest the young man should go visit a sister at the end of Section 4?
3. Who does a man come to the police to talk to them about in Section 5?
(a) Diego Marchica.
(c) Don Arena.
(d) Guiseppe Colasberna.
4. What do the two high-ranking ministers shown at the beginning of Section 3 believe Captain Bellodi to be, in regards to the mafia?
5. Who is the man the sergeant major brings in (who loves gambling) believed to have ties to?
(a) The church.
(b) The government.
(c) The police.
(d) The mafia.
6. What religion are all mafia members associated with?
7. What does the old man say anyone who sets themselves up against the church is, in Section 4?
(b) A dead man.
8. Which of the following descriptions does the old man not use to describe the men that don't join the mafia at the beginning of Section 4?
(d) Made into police officers.
9. Whose names does the police informant give to the captain at the end of Section 2?
(a) Ciccio La Rosa and Saro Pizzuco.
(b) Guiseppe Colasberna and Ciccio La Rosa.
(c) Diego Marchica and Paolo Nicolosi.
(d) Diego Marchica and Ciccio Nicolosi.
10. What is the name of the type of ammunition used to kill the man at the beginning of the book, and is also known as wolf shot?
(b) Lupe pistoli.
11. What is the name of the street the police believe Colasberna's murderer to have run down after the shooting?
(a) Broad Street.
(b) Cavour Street.
(c) Lupara Street.
(d) Genoa Street.
12. How many times has the individual shown at the beginning of Section 5 given this type of information to the police?
(b) Three times.
13. Who does the old man shown in Section 4 believe make a fool of most of the men in the city?
(a) The government.
(b) The police.
(c) The mafia.
(d) The priests.
14. How is the driver of the bus described when he is interviewed by the police after the shooting?
15. What is the name of the spy the old man expresses regret at in Section 4?
(b) Diego Marchica.
(c) Little Priest.
(d) Saro Pizzuco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the captain watch during the informant's interview despite believing he is lying?
2. What happens to the passengers on the bus after a man is shot at the beginning of the book?
3. How do many of the bus passengers describe their seat window on the day of the shooting to police?
4. What term does the old man use to describe a man whose wife cheats on him behind his back in Section 4?
5. Which of the following things does the workers for the man of honor shown (at the beginning of Section 2) not do after not being paid?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)