|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long had the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 held out on paying his workers?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 1 month.
2. Which of the following descriptions does the old man not use to describe the men that don't join the mafia at the beginning of Section 4?
(c) Made into police officers.
3. What kind of mine has the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 invested much of his money in?
4. What does the old man say anyone who sets themselves up against the church is, in Section 4?
(c) A dead man.
5. Who does the old man say should take a vacation at the end of Section 4?
(a) Diego Marchica.
(b) Saro Pizzuco.
(d) Ciccio La Rosa.
6. At what time do the police believe the murderer would have been running down the street after the shooting?
(a) 8:00 p.m.
(b) 8:00 a.m.
(c) 7:00 a.m.
(d) 6:30 a.m.
7. What reason does the captain have for asking those questioned in the murder case to write something down at the end of Section 1?
(a) To use as blackmail.
(b) For future contact.
(c) For no reason.
(d) For a handwriting sample.
8. What is the profession of the man whose house is located on the street the police believe the murderer to have run down after the shooting?
(d) Tree pruner.
9. Why does an officer angrily intervene at the house of the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 despite not wanting to?
(a) To take his wife to the airport.
(b) To take his daughter to school.
(c) To allow his wife and daughter to go to Mass.
(d) To take him to work.
10. What happens to the passengers on the bus after a man is shot at the beginning of the book?
(a) They disappeared.
(b) They laugh.
(c) They talk to police immediately.
(d) They scream and hide on the bus.
11. What is the Italian name for the police that is used in the book?
(c) La Policia.
12. What is the nickname that Mrs. Nicolosi gives to the police in regards to the shooting?
(c) Little Priest.
13. Who does Little Priest originally mail his confession to in Section 5?
(a) Don Arena.
(b) Sergeant D'Antona.
(c) Captain Bellodi.
(d) The priest.
14. What is the name of the man who was shot at the beginning of the book?
(a) Paolo Nicolosi.
(b) Colagero Salvatore.
(c) Salvatore Colasberna.
(d) Rasario Pizzuco.
15. What does the captain ask the dead man's workers and relatives to do before leaving the police station?
(a) Write down their names and addresses.
(b) Write down names of other witnesses.
(c) Make a second meeting.
(d) Give him their cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 believe he has held out on paying his workers?
2. What does the old man shown in Section 4 believe most of the men in his city to be?
3. How is the mood of the individual shown at the beginning of Section 5 described?
4. Who does the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 complain about an encounter with?
5. What profession did the police informant on the mafia previously have before selling out?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)