|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the man the sergeant major brings in (who loves gambling) believed to have ties to?
(a) The police.
(b) The church.
(c) The mafia.
(d) The government.
2. What happens to Little Priest after he mails a letter to the police?
(a) He flees.
(b) He is murdered.
(c) He disappears.
(d) He is arrested.
3. What religion are all mafia members associated with?
4. How does the man who comes to talk to the police in Section 5 describe one of the men they arrested?
(a) A criminal.
(b) A murderer.
(c) A loser.
(d) As an old, upstanding member of the community.
5. What do the police believe arresting Marchica would be after he is brought in for questioning?
(a) Very dangerous.
6. How is the driver of the bus described when he is interviewed by the police after the shooting?
7. How many anonymous letters do the police have with ideas of who killed the man at the beginning of the book?
8. What does the captain suggest is the reason for the man being shot during his interview with the informant on the mafia?
(a) For being too rich.
(b) For not paying their taxes.
(c) For not submitting to the mafia.
(d) For being poor.
9. Whose names does Little Priest write on a piece of paper for police in Section 5?
(a) Ciccio La Rosa and Diego Marchica.
(b) Salvatore Colasberna and Paolo Nicolosi.
(c) Saro Pizzuco and Paolo Nicolosi.
(d) Don Mariano Arena and Saro Pizzuco.
10. What is the nickname that Mrs. Nicolosi gives to the police in regards to the shooting?
(a) Little Priest.
11. What is the name of the brother of the man who was killed at the beginning of the book, who talks to police about his death?
(a) Giuseppe Colasberna.
(b) Diego Marchica.
(c) Giuseppe Mancusi.
(d) Rosario Pizzuco.
12. At what time do the police believe the murderer would have been running down the street after the shooting?
(a) 8:00 a.m.
(b) 6:30 a.m.
(c) 8:00 p.m.
(d) 7:00 a.m.
13. What does the old man shown at the beginning of Section 4 known to have?
14. Who does a man come to the police to talk to them about in Section 5?
(a) Don Arena.
(b) Guiseppe Colasberna.
(c) Diego Marchica.
15. What is the profession of the man whose house is located on the street the police believe the murderer to have run down after the shooting?
(c) Tree pruner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political association do the two men at the beginning of Section 3 claim Salvatore Colasberna to be involved with?
2. Who do two high-ranking ministers discuss at the beginning of Section 3?
3. What term does the old man use to describe a man whose wife cheats on him behind his back in Section 4?
4. What does the captain watch during the informant's interview despite believing he is lying?
5. What is the name of the minister Don Arena is said to be close friends with at the end of Section 5?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)