|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the passengers on the bus after a man is shot at the beginning of the book?
(a) They scream and hide on the bus.
(b) They laugh.
(c) They disappeared.
(d) They talk to police immediately.
2. What profession does the man have in the story the old man tells at the beginning of Section 4?
(a) A cook.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A priest.
3. What religion are all mafia members associated with?
4. What is the name of the street the police believe Colasberna's murderer to have run down after the shooting?
(a) Genoa Street.
(b) Broad Street.
(c) Cavour Street.
(d) Lupara Street.
5. What is the name of the honorable man Don Arena is said to be close friends with at the end of Section 5?
6. Who does the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 complain about an encounter with?
(a) A police officer.
(b) Don Arena.
(c) Diego Marchica.
(d) A member of the mafia.
7. At what time do the police believe the murderer would have been running down the street after the shooting?
(a) 8:00 a.m.
(b) 8:00 p.m.
(c) 7:00 a.m.
(d) 6:30 a.m.
8. Who does the old man say should take a vacation at the end of Section 4?
(b) Ciccio La Rosa.
(c) Saro Pizzuco.
(d) Diego Marchica.
9. Who do two high-ranking ministers discuss at the beginning of Section 3?
(a) Salvatore Colasberna.
(b) Colagero Dibella.
(c) Captain Bellodi.
(d) Rosario Pizzuco.
10. How many people are shown at the beginning of Section 4?
11. What kind of mine has the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 invested much of his money in?
12. What are the two high-ranking ministers shown at the beginning of Section 3 known as?
(a) Honorable Member and His Excellency.
(b) The Minister and Honorable Member.
(c) Your Majesty and His Excellency.
(d) His Excellency and the Minister.
13. What does the old man in Section 4 believe a certain spy does not act with enough of?
14. Whose names does the police informant give to the captain at the end of Section 2?
(a) Ciccio La Rosa and Saro Pizzuco.
(b) Diego Marchica and Ciccio Nicolosi.
(c) Guiseppe Colasberna and Ciccio La Rosa.
(d) Diego Marchica and Paolo Nicolosi.
15. What is the name of the company the man owned who was shot?
(a) Grimelli Co-Operative Society.
(b) Genoa Fara Co-Operative Society.
(c) Santa Fara Co-operative Society.
(d) Via Santa Co-operative Society.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the spy the old man expresses regret at in Section 4?
2. What does the man who comes to talk to the police in Section 5 say that the mafia wouldn't be if it existed?
3. What term does the old man use to describe a man whose wife cheats on him behind his back in Section 4?
4. What does the old man shown in Section 4 say he takes advantage of regarding people?
5. What is the nickname of the informer the police use to gain information on the mafia?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)