|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man who comes to talk to the police in Section 5 say does not even exist?
(b) The police.
(c) The mafia.
2. What does the old man say a man should do if he finds out his wife is cheating on him in Section 4?
(a) Do nothing.
(b) Kill his wife.
(c) Get mad and raise a ruckus.
(d) Beat up the man.
3. Who does the sergeant major believe knows everyone in town and goes to question in Section 3?
(a) His barber.
(b) His baker.
(c) His brother.
(d) His brother-in-law.
4. How many times has the individual shown at the beginning of Section 5 given this type of information to the police?
(c) Three times.
5. What does the captain suggest is the reason for the man being shot during his interview with the informant on the mafia?
(a) For not paying their taxes.
(b) For being poor.
(c) For not submitting to the mafia.
(d) For being too rich.
6. Whose names does Little Priest write on a piece of paper for police in Section 5?
(a) Don Mariano Arena and Saro Pizzuco.
(b) Saro Pizzuco and Paolo Nicolosi.
(c) Ciccio La Rosa and Diego Marchica.
(d) Salvatore Colasberna and Paolo Nicolosi.
7. Which of the following descriptions does the old man not use to describe the men that don't join the mafia at the beginning of Section 4?
(b) Made into police officers.
8. How do many of the bus passengers describe their seat window on the day of the shooting to police?
(a) Very Bright.
(c) Shades down.
9. How long ago do the police discover it had been since the man who was shot at the beginning of the book had been accosted on a bus for the very first time?
(a) A year.
(b) 7 days.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 6 months.
10. What is the name of the company the man owned who was shot?
(a) Via Santa Co-operative Society.
(b) Santa Fara Co-operative Society.
(c) Grimelli Co-Operative Society.
(d) Genoa Fara Co-Operative Society.
11. What does the note Little Priest includes with a piece of paper for the police say?
(a) "It's over."
(b) "I'm dead."
(d) "I'm done."
12. What is the name of the popular card game often played in Sicily that is discussed in the book?
13. How is the informant to the police on the mafia's payment described?
(a) He isn't paid.
(b) Very well.
14. What does the man who comes to talk to the police in Section 5 accuse them of treating one of the men they arrested?
(a) Like a government leader.
(b) Like a common criminal.
(c) Like a god.
(d) Like a priest.
15. What political association do the two men at the beginning of Section 3 claim Salvatore Colasberna to be involved with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old man say anyone who sets themselves up against the church is, in Section 4?
2. What is the name of the type of ammunition used to kill the man at the beginning of the book, and is also known as wolf shot?
3. How does the old man say a man is not supposed to react if he suspects his wife of cheating in Section 4?
4. What term does the old man use to describe a man whose wife cheats on him behind his back in Section 4?
5. How many anonymous letters do the police have with ideas of who killed the man at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)