|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the street the police believe Colasberna's murderer to have run down after the shooting?
(a) Genoa Street.
(b) Broad Street.
(c) Cavour Street.
(d) Lupara Street.
2. What is the name of the type of ammunition used to kill the man at the beginning of the book, and is also known as wolf shot?
(a) Lupe pistoli.
3. How long ago do the police discover it had been since the man who was shot at the beginning of the book had been accosted on a bus for the very first time?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) A year.
4. What is the name of the individual shown at the beginning of Section 5?
(a) Paolo Nicolosi.
(b) Ciccio La Rosa.
(c) Little Priest.
5. Who is the author of the book "Il Giorno Della Civetta"?
(a) Tommaso Sciasi.
(b) Silvio Pellico.
(c) Leonardo Sciascia.
(d) Giovanni Leonardo.
6. What is the name of the honorable man Don Arena is said to be close friends with at the end of Section 5?
7. How many anonymous letters do the police have with ideas of who killed the man at the beginning of the book?
8. Which of the following descriptions does the old man not use to describe the men that don't join the mafia at the beginning of Section 4?
(a) Made into police officers.
9. Who does a man come to the police to talk to them about in Section 5?
(a) Diego Marchica.
(c) Guiseppe Colasberna.
(d) Don Arena.
10. What does the old man shown at the beginning of Section 4 known to have?
11. What happens to Little Priest after he mails a letter to the police?
(a) He is murdered.
(b) He is arrested.
(c) He flees.
(d) He disappears.
12. How is the informant to the police on the mafia's payment described?
(a) Very well.
(d) He isn't paid.
13. How long had the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 held out on paying his workers?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 1 month.
14. What profession does the man have in the story the old man tells at the beginning of Section 4?
(a) A priest.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A cook.
(d) A teacher.
15. How do many of the bus passengers describe their seat window on the day of the shooting to police?
(c) Very Bright.
(d) Shades down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the old man shown in Section 4 believe make a fool of most of the men in the city?
2. What is the name of the spy the old man expresses regret at in Section 4?
3. Why does an officer angrily intervene at the house of the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 despite not wanting to?
4. Where is the opening scene of the book located?
5. What does the man who comes to talk to the police in Section 5 say that the mafia wouldn't be if it existed?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)