|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the sergeant major find to be given a nickname due to his love of gambling?
(a) Guiseppe Colasberna.
(b) Paolo Nicolosi.
(c) Diego Marchica.
(d) Ciccio La Rosa.
2. Who does the old man say should take a vacation at the end of Section 4?
(a) Saro Pizzuco.
(b) Diego Marchica.
(c) Ciccio La Rosa.
3. Why does the police informant on the mafia make up a story to tell to the captain in Section 2?
(a) He is forced.
(b) He is mad.
(c) He wants to get back at someone.
(d) So he will be paid.
4. What did the individual shown at the beginning of Section 5 give to the police that he is unsure of?
(a) The location of a weapon.
(b) The name of the don.
(c) His address.
(d) Names of real mafia connections.
5. Why does an officer angrily intervene at the house of the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 despite not wanting to?
(a) To take his daughter to school.
(b) To take him to work.
(c) To allow his wife and daughter to go to Mass.
(d) To take his wife to the airport.
6. What does the note Little Priest includes with a piece of paper for the police say?
(b) "I'm done."
(c) "I'm dead."
(d) "It's over."
7. What does the captain ask the dead man's workers and relatives to do before leaving the police station?
(a) Write down names of other witnesses.
(b) Give him their cards.
(c) Write down their names and addresses.
(d) Make a second meeting.
8. How do many of the bus passengers describe their seat window on the day of the shooting to police?
(b) Shades down.
(d) Very Bright.
9. What is described as the entire network of mafia connections that lives in the shadow of the church?
(a) The Montecitorio.
(b) The Mother Church.
(c) The Civetta.
(d) The Partridge.
10. What is the name of the man who was shot at the beginning of the book?
(a) Rasario Pizzuco.
(b) Paolo Nicolosi.
(c) Salvatore Colasberna.
(d) Colagero Salvatore.
11. What is the Italian name for the police that is used in the book?
(d) La Policia.
12. What does the old man shown in Section 4 believe most of the men in his city to be?
13. What is the name of Mrs. Nicolosi's lover?
14. What does Little Priest also include on a piece of paper for the police in Section 5 along with some names?
(a) His signature.
(b) A finger print.
(c) A picture.
(d) A flower.
15. What is the nickname that Mrs. Nicolosi gives to the police in regards to the shooting?
(b) Little Priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the opening scene of the book located?
2. How long had the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 held out on paying his workers?
3. How is the mood of the individual shown at the beginning of Section 5 described?
4. How does the man who comes to talk to the police in Section 5 describe one of the men they arrested?
5. What is the name of the honorable man Don Arena is said to be close friends with at the end of Section 5?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)