|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the passengers on the bus after a man is shot at the beginning of the book?
(a) They talk to police immediately.
(b) They disappeared.
(c) They laugh.
(d) They scream and hide on the bus.
2. What is the name of the honorable man Don Arena is said to be close friends with at the end of Section 5?
3. Where does the old man suggest the young man should go visit a sister at the end of Section 4?
4. What happens to Little Priest after he mails a letter to the police?
(a) He disappears.
(b) He is arrested.
(c) He flees.
(d) He is murdered.
5. How does the man who comes to talk to the police in Section 5 describe one of the men they arrested?
(a) A murderer.
(b) A criminal.
(c) As an old, upstanding member of the community.
(d) A loser.
6. How many people are shown at the beginning of Section 4?
7. What is the nickname that Mrs. Nicolosi gives to the police in regards to the shooting?
(a) Little Priest.
8. What is the name of the man's house that is located on the street the police believe the murderer to have run down after the shooting?
(a) Saro Pizzuco.
(b) Guiseppe Colasberna.
(c) Diego Marchica.
(d) Paolo Nicolosi.
9. Whose names does Little Priest write on a piece of paper for police in Section 5?
(a) Saro Pizzuco and Paolo Nicolosi.
(b) Don Mariano Arena and Saro Pizzuco.
(c) Salvatore Colasberna and Paolo Nicolosi.
(d) Ciccio La Rosa and Diego Marchica.
10. Who do two high-ranking ministers discuss at the beginning of Section 3?
(a) Salvatore Colasberna.
(b) Colagero Dibella.
(c) Rosario Pizzuco.
(d) Captain Bellodi.
11. What do the two high-ranking ministers shown at the beginning of Section 3 believe Captain Bellodi to be, in regards to the mafia?
12. What does the old man shown in Section 4 say he takes advantage of regarding people?
(a) Their niceness.
(b) Their education.
(c) Their cuckoldry.
(d) Their ignorance.
13. What does the old man in Section 4 believe a certain spy does not act with enough of?
14. Which of the following descriptions does the old man not use to describe the men that don't join the mafia at the beginning of Section 4?
(c) Made into police officers.
15. How many times has the individual shown at the beginning of Section 5 given this type of information to the police?
(b) Three times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2?
2. What does the captain ask the dead man's workers and relatives to do before leaving the police station?
3. Why does the police informant on the mafia make up a story to tell to the captain in Section 2?
4. Which of the following men do the police not arrest after getting Little Priest's letter?
5. What item does a man sell near the shooting that the police look for in Section 1?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)