|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of mine has the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 invested much of his money in?
2. What is the name of the man who was shot at the beginning of the book?
(a) Salvatore Colasberna.
(b) Rasario Pizzuco.
(c) Colagero Salvatore.
(d) Paolo Nicolosi.
3. What religion are all mafia members associated with?
4. How many shots does the wife of he man whose house is located on the street the police believe the murderer to have run down after the shooting say her husband heard?
5. What is the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 a member of?
(a) The French Parliament.
(b) The Italian police force.
(c) The Italian Parliament.
(d) The mafia.
6. What does the old man believe a certain spy to be setting himself up against in Section 4?
(a) The Mother Church.
(b) The mafia.
(c) The police.
(d) The government.
7. How many people are shown at the beginning of Section 4?
8. A man is shot getting on a bus which is traveling where?
9. What is described as the entire network of mafia connections that lives in the shadow of the church?
(a) The Mother Church.
(b) The Partridge.
(c) The Montecitorio.
(d) The Civetta.
10. How does Little Priest act out of fear in Section 5?
(d) Obvious of his guilt.
11. What is the Italian name for the police that is used in the book?
(a) La Policia.
12. What does the captain ask the dead man's workers and relatives to do before leaving the police station?
(a) Give him their cards.
(b) Write down names of other witnesses.
(c) Make a second meeting.
(d) Write down their names and addresses.
13. Who does the sergeant major find to be given a nickname due to his love of gambling?
(a) Ciccio La Rosa.
(b) Diego Marchica.
(c) Paolo Nicolosi.
(d) Guiseppe Colasberna.
14. What is the name of the popular card game often played in Sicily that is discussed in the book?
15. What does the old man say anyone who sets themselves up against the church is, in Section 4?
(d) A dead man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nickname of the informer the police use to gain information on the mafia?
2. How long had the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 held out on paying his workers?
3. What reason does the captain have for asking those questioned in the murder case to write something down at the end of Section 1?
4. What is the name of Mrs. Nicolosi's lover?
5. What does the man who comes to talk to the police in Section 5 say does not even exist?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)