|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does a man come to the police to talk to them about in Section 5?
(b) Diego Marchica.
(c) Don Arena.
(d) Guiseppe Colasberna.
2. What is the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 a member of?
(a) The mafia.
(b) The Italian Parliament.
(c) The Italian police force.
(d) The French Parliament.
3. Whose names does Little Priest write on a piece of paper for police in Section 5?
(a) Salvatore Colasberna and Paolo Nicolosi.
(b) Saro Pizzuco and Paolo Nicolosi.
(c) Ciccio La Rosa and Diego Marchica.
(d) Don Mariano Arena and Saro Pizzuco.
4. What is the name of the type of ammunition used to kill the man at the beginning of the book, and is also known as wolf shot?
(c) Lupe pistoli.
5. What does the man who comes to talk to the police in Section 5 accuse them of treating one of the men they arrested?
(a) Like a common criminal.
(b) Like a priest.
(c) Like a god.
(d) Like a government leader.
6. How do many of the bus passengers describe their seat window on the day of the shooting to police?
(a) Shades down.
(c) Very Bright.
7. What is described as the entire network of mafia connections that lives in the shadow of the church?
(a) The Partridge.
(b) The Civetta.
(c) The Mother Church.
(d) The Montecitorio.
8. What does the captain ask the dead man's workers and relatives to do before leaving the police station?
(a) Give him their cards.
(b) Write down their names and addresses.
(c) Make a second meeting.
(d) Write down names of other witnesses.
9. What item does a man sell near the shooting that the police look for in Section 1?
(c) Ice cream.
10. What did the individual shown at the beginning of Section 5 give to the police that he is unsure of?
(a) His address.
(b) The name of the don.
(c) The location of a weapon.
(d) Names of real mafia connections.
11. How is the mood of the individual shown at the beginning of Section 5 described?
12. What does the old man say a man should do if he finds out his wife is cheating on him in Section 4?
(a) Kill his wife.
(b) Beat up the man.
(c) Get mad and raise a ruckus.
(d) Do nothing.
13. What happens to Little Priest after he mails a letter to the police?
(a) He flees.
(b) He is murdered.
(c) He is arrested.
(d) He disappears.
14. What is the Italian name for the police that is used in the book?
(b) La Policia.
15. How long had the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 held out on paying his workers?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 3 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the old man shown in Section 4 believe make a fool of most of the men in the city?
2. How does the old man say a man is not supposed to react if he suspects his wife of cheating in Section 4?
3. What profession does the man have in the story the old man tells at the beginning of Section 4?
4. Who is the man the sergeant major brings in (who loves gambling) believed to have ties to?
5. What is the name of the brother of the man who was killed at the beginning of the book, who talks to police about his death?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)