|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the individual shown at the beginning of Section 5?
(b) Little Priest.
(c) Paolo Nicolosi.
(d) Ciccio La Rosa.
2. How long does the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 believe he has held out on paying his workers?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 2 weeks.
3. What is described as the entire network of mafia connections that lives in the shadow of the church?
(a) The Mother Church.
(b) The Partridge.
(c) The Montecitorio.
(d) The Civetta.
4. What does the old man in Section 4 believe a certain spy does not act with enough of?
5. What is the nickname of the informer the police use to gain information on the mafia?
(c) Little Priest.
6. What religion are all mafia members associated with?
7. Who does a man come to the police to talk to them about in Section 5?
(a) Guiseppe Colasberna.
(b) Diego Marchica.
(d) Don Arena.
8. What does the old man shown at the beginning of Section 4 known to have?
9. Who does the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 complain about an encounter with?
(a) Diego Marchica.
(b) A member of the mafia.
(c) A police officer.
(d) Don Arena.
10. What does the old man shown in Section 4 believe most of the men in his city to be?
11. Who does the sergeant major find to be given a nickname due to his love of gambling?
(a) Ciccio La Rosa.
(b) Paolo Nicolosi.
(c) Guiseppe Colasberna.
(d) Diego Marchica.
12. What term does the old man use to describe a man whose wife cheats on him behind his back in Section 4?
13. What does the old man believe a certain spy to be setting himself up against in Section 4?
(a) The mafia.
(b) The police.
(c) The Mother Church.
(d) The government.
14. Whose names does the police informant give to the captain at the end of Section 2?
(a) Guiseppe Colasberna and Ciccio La Rosa.
(b) Ciccio La Rosa and Saro Pizzuco.
(c) Diego Marchica and Paolo Nicolosi.
(d) Diego Marchica and Ciccio Nicolosi.
15. What city is the beginning of Section 2 set in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man's house that is located on the street the police believe the murderer to have run down after the shooting?
2. What is the name of Mrs. Nicolosi's lover?
3. What do the police believe arresting Marchica would be after he is brought in for questioning?
4. What reason does the captain have for asking those questioned in the murder case to write something down at the end of Section 1?
5. At what time do the police believe the murderer would have been running down the street after the shooting?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)