|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nickname that Mrs. Nicolosi gives to the police in regards to the shooting?
(c) Little Priest.
2. What is the name of the honorable man Don Arena is said to be close friends with at the end of Section 5?
3. What is the name of the type of ammunition used to kill the man at the beginning of the book, and is also known as wolf shot?
(d) Lupe pistoli.
4. Who does a man come to the police to talk to them about in Section 5?
(a) Don Arena.
(b) Guiseppe Colasberna.
(c) Diego Marchica.
5. What is the name of the minister Don Arena is said to be close friends with at the end of Section 5?
6. How many shots does the wife of he man whose house is located on the street the police believe the murderer to have run down after the shooting say her husband heard?
7. What is the name of Mrs. Nicolosi's lover?
8. Who is the man the sergeant major brings in (who loves gambling) believed to have ties to?
(a) The mafia.
(b) The church.
(c) The police.
(d) The government.
9. What does the captain watch during the informant's interview despite believing he is lying?
(a) His hands.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His reactions.
(d) His mouth.
10. What does the informant to the police on the mafia live in a constant state of?
11. Where is the opening scene of the book located?
12. Who does the old man shown in Section 4 believe make a fool of most of the men in the city?
(a) The mafia.
(b) The police.
(c) The government.
(d) The priests.
13. What is described as the entire network of mafia connections that lives in the shadow of the church?
(a) The Partridge.
(b) The Montecitorio.
(c) The Mother Church.
(d) The Civetta.
14. What item does a man sell near the shooting that the police look for in Section 1?
(c) Ice cream.
15. What is the nickname of the informer the police use to gain information on the mafia?
(b) Little Priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old man shown in Section 4 say he takes advantage of regarding people?
2. Where does the old man suggest the young man should go visit a sister at the end of Section 4?
3. What does the old man in Section 4 believe a certain spy does not act with enough of?
4. What does the captain ask the dead man's workers and relatives to do before leaving the police station?
5. What happens to the passengers on the bus after a man is shot at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)