|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city is the beginning of Section 2 set in?
2. At what time do the police believe the murderer would have been running down the street after the shooting?
(a) 8:00 p.m.
(b) 7:00 a.m.
(c) 8:00 a.m.
(d) 6:30 a.m.
3. What does the man who comes to talk to the police in Section 5 say that the mafia wouldn't be if it existed?
(b) A good thing.
(c) A criminal organization.
4. What do the police believe arresting Marchica would be after he is brought in for questioning?
(a) Very dangerous.
5. What does the captain suggest is the reason for the man being shot during his interview with the informant on the mafia?
(a) For not paying their taxes.
(b) For being too rich.
(c) For being poor.
(d) For not submitting to the mafia.
6. What is the name of the spy the old man expresses regret at in Section 4?
(a) Little Priest.
(b) Saro Pizzuco.
(d) Diego Marchica.
7. What does the man who comes to talk to the police in Section 5 say does not even exist?
(b) The mafia.
(d) The police.
8. What does the informant to the police on the mafia live in a constant state of?
9. Who does the old man say should take a vacation at the end of Section 4?
(a) Ciccio La Rosa.
(c) Diego Marchica.
(d) Saro Pizzuco.
10. What is the name of the minister Don Arena is said to be close friends with at the end of Section 5?
11. Why does an officer angrily intervene at the house of the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 despite not wanting to?
(a) To take his wife to the airport.
(b) To take his daughter to school.
(c) To take him to work.
(d) To allow his wife and daughter to go to Mass.
12. How is the driver of the bus described when he is interviewed by the police after the shooting?
13. Who is the author of the book "Il Giorno Della Civetta"?
(a) Silvio Pellico.
(b) Giovanni Leonardo.
(c) Leonardo Sciascia.
(d) Tommaso Sciasi.
14. Where is the opening scene of the book located?
15. What reason does the captain have for asking those questioned in the murder case to write something down at the end of Section 1?
(a) To use as blackmail.
(b) For future contact.
(c) For no reason.
(d) For a handwriting sample.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nickname that Mrs. Nicolosi gives to the police in regards to the shooting?
2. What is the name of the man's house that is located on the street the police believe the murderer to have run down after the shooting?
3. What is the name of the honorable man Don Arena is said to be close friends with at the end of Section 5?
4. What does the old man in Section 4 believe a certain spy does not act with enough of?
5. What profession did the police informant on the mafia previously have before selling out?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)