|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old man shown in Section 4 believe most of the men in his city to be?
2. What profession does the man have in the story the old man tells at the beginning of Section 4?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A cook.
(d) A priest.
3. What does the captain tell the dead man's brother the group possibly responsible for his brother's death are willing to do if they are not obeyed?
(a) Take money from people.
(b) Kidnap family from their homes.
(c) Threaten people.
(d) Kill people.
4. What does the old man shown in Section 4 say he takes advantage of regarding people?
(a) Their niceness.
(b) Their ignorance.
(c) Their education.
(d) Their cuckoldry.
5. What does the old man in Section 4 believe a certain spy does not act with enough of?
6. What is the name of the street the police believe Colasberna's murderer to have run down after the shooting?
(a) Lupara Street.
(b) Cavour Street.
(c) Broad Street.
(d) Genoa Street.
7. What does the man who comes to talk to the police in Section 5 say does not even exist?
(c) The mafia.
(d) The police.
8. Why does the police informant on the mafia make up a story to tell to the captain in Section 2?
(a) He is forced.
(b) He wants to get back at someone.
(c) He is mad.
(d) So he will be paid.
9. What does the note Little Priest includes with a piece of paper for the police say?
(a) "I'm dead."
(b) "It's over."
(d) "I'm done."
10. What is the name of the spy the old man expresses regret at in Section 4?
(a) Saro Pizzuco.
(b) Little Priest.
(c) Diego Marchica.
11. How long had the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 held out on paying his workers?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 1 month.
12. What do the police believe arresting Marchica would be after he is brought in for questioning?
(b) Very dangerous.
13. What is the name of the minister Don Arena is said to be close friends with at the end of Section 5?
14. What does the captain watch during the informant's interview despite believing he is lying?
(a) His mouth.
(b) His reactions.
(c) His hands.
(d) His eyes.
15. Who does the old man shown in Section 4 believe make a fool of most of the men in the city?
(a) The government.
(b) The police.
(c) The mafia.
(d) The priests.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the old man say a man is not supposed to react if he suspects his wife of cheating in Section 4?
2. What kind of mine has the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 invested much of his money in?
3. Who is the man the sergeant major brings in (who loves gambling) believed to have ties to?
4. What reason does the captain have for asking those questioned in the murder case to write something down at the end of Section 1?
5. Which of the following things does the workers for the man of honor shown (at the beginning of Section 2) not do after not being paid?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)