|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion are all mafia members associated with?
2. What profession did the police informant on the mafia previously have before selling out?
(a) A waiter.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A barber.
(d) A sheep rustler.
3. How many anonymous letters do the police have with ideas of who killed the man at the beginning of the book?
4. What is the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 a member of?
(a) The French Parliament.
(b) The mafia.
(c) The Italian police force.
(d) The Italian Parliament.
5. What do the two high-ranking ministers shown at the beginning of Section 3 say they do not believe in?
(b) The economy.
(c) The police.
(d) The mafia.
6. What do the two high-ranking ministers shown at the beginning of Section 3 believe Captain Bellodi to be, in regards to the mafia?
7. What does the captain suggest is the reason for the man being shot during his interview with the informant on the mafia?
(a) For not paying their taxes.
(b) For being poor.
(c) For being too rich.
(d) For not submitting to the mafia.
8. What is the name of the street the police believe Colasberna's murderer to have run down after the shooting?
(a) Genoa Street.
(b) Broad Street.
(c) Cavour Street.
(d) Lupara Street.
9. Why does an officer angrily intervene at the house of the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 despite not wanting to?
(a) To take his daughter to school.
(b) To take him to work.
(c) To allow his wife and daughter to go to Mass.
(d) To take his wife to the airport.
10. What is the name of the type of ammunition used to kill the man at the beginning of the book, and is also known as wolf shot?
(a) Lupe pistoli.
11. What does the note Little Priest includes with a piece of paper for the police say?
(a) "I'm dead."
(c) "I'm done."
(d) "It's over."
12. Who is the author of the book "Il Giorno Della Civetta"?
(a) Silvio Pellico.
(b) Giovanni Leonardo.
(c) Tommaso Sciasi.
(d) Leonardo Sciascia.
13. What is the name of the brother of the man who was killed at the beginning of the book, who talks to police about his death?
(a) Giuseppe Colasberna.
(b) Giuseppe Mancusi.
(c) Rosario Pizzuco.
(d) Diego Marchica.
14. Who is the man the sergeant major brings in (who loves gambling) believed to have ties to?
(a) The mafia.
(b) The government.
(c) The police.
(d) The church.
15. What reason does the captain have for asking those questioned in the murder case to write something down at the end of Section 1?
(a) For no reason.
(b) To use as blackmail.
(c) For a handwriting sample.
(d) For future contact.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the old man shown in Section 4 believe make a fool of most of the men in the city?
2. What is the nickname of the informer the police use to gain information on the mafia?
3. How is the informant to the police on the mafia's payment described?
4. What does the old man shown in Section 4 believe most of the men in his city to be?
5. Who does the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 complain about an encounter with?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)