|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does an officer angrily intervene at the house of the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 despite not wanting to?
(a) To take his daughter to school.
(b) To take his wife to the airport.
(c) To take him to work.
(d) To allow his wife and daughter to go to Mass.
2. How many times has the individual shown at the beginning of Section 5 given this type of information to the police?
(c) Three times.
3. Who do two high-ranking ministers discuss at the beginning of Section 3?
(a) Captain Bellodi.
(b) Rosario Pizzuco.
(c) Salvatore Colasberna.
(d) Colagero Dibella.
4. What does the wife of he man whose house is located on the street the police believe the murderer to have run down say her husband came inside to retrieve after hearing gun shots?
(a) His coat.
(c) A shirt.
5. What happens to the passengers on the bus after a man is shot at the beginning of the book?
(a) They scream and hide on the bus.
(b) They talk to police immediately.
(c) They laugh.
(d) They disappeared.
6. What do the two high-ranking ministers shown at the beginning of Section 3 say they do not believe in?
(a) The economy.
(c) The police.
(d) The mafia.
7. Which of the following descriptions does the old man not use to describe the men that don't join the mafia at the beginning of Section 4?
(d) Made into police officers.
8. How does the man who comes to talk to the police in Section 5 describe one of the men they arrested?
(a) A murderer.
(b) A loser.
(c) A criminal.
(d) As an old, upstanding member of the community.
9. Who does the old man say should take a vacation at the end of Section 4?
(b) Ciccio La Rosa.
(c) Diego Marchica.
(d) Saro Pizzuco.
10. What is the name of the individual shown at the beginning of Section 5?
(a) Little Priest.
(b) Ciccio La Rosa.
(c) Paolo Nicolosi.
11. How is the mood of the individual shown at the beginning of Section 5 described?
12. Whose names does the police informant give to the captain at the end of Section 2?
(a) Diego Marchica and Paolo Nicolosi.
(b) Diego Marchica and Ciccio Nicolosi.
(c) Guiseppe Colasberna and Ciccio La Rosa.
(d) Ciccio La Rosa and Saro Pizzuco.
13. What term does the old man use to describe a man whose wife cheats on him behind his back in Section 4?
14. What is the profession of the man whose house is located on the street the police believe the murderer to have run down after the shooting?
(c) Tree pruner.
15. What is described as the entire network of mafia connections that lives in the shadow of the church?
(a) The Partridge.
(b) The Montecitorio.
(c) The Civetta.
(d) The Mother Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old man in Section 4 believe a certain spy does not act with enough of?
2. What does Little Priest also include on a piece of paper for the police in Section 5 along with some names?
3. What is the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 a member of?
4. What is the name of the company the man owned who was shot?
5. What is the name of the brother of the man who was killed at the beginning of the book, who talks to police about his death?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)