|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the captain suggest is the reason for the man being shot during his interview with the informant on the mafia?
(a) For being poor.
(b) For not submitting to the mafia.
(c) For not paying their taxes.
(d) For being too rich.
2. What is the name of the popular card game often played in Sicily that is discussed in the book?
3. How does Little Priest act out of fear in Section 5?
(b) Obvious of his guilt.
4. What is the name of the minister Don Arena is said to be close friends with at the end of Section 5?
5. Where is the opening scene of the book located?
6. What religion are all mafia members associated with?
7. What is the name of the company the man owned who was shot?
(a) Grimelli Co-Operative Society.
(b) Santa Fara Co-operative Society.
(c) Via Santa Co-operative Society.
(d) Genoa Fara Co-Operative Society.
8. What is the name of the honorable man Don Arena is said to be close friends with at the end of Section 5?
9. What happens to Little Priest after he mails a letter to the police?
(a) He is arrested.
(b) He flees.
(c) He is murdered.
(d) He disappears.
10. How does the man who comes to talk to the police in Section 5 describe one of the men they arrested?
(a) A murderer.
(b) As an old, upstanding member of the community.
(c) A loser.
(d) A criminal.
11. Who does the sergeant major find to be given a nickname due to his love of gambling?
(a) Diego Marchica.
(b) Guiseppe Colasberna.
(c) Paolo Nicolosi.
(d) Ciccio La Rosa.
12. What is the name of the brother of the man who was killed at the beginning of the book, who talks to police about his death?
(a) Giuseppe Mancusi.
(b) Diego Marchica.
(c) Rosario Pizzuco.
(d) Giuseppe Colasberna.
13. What is the Italian name for the police that is used in the book?
(a) La Policia.
14. How many anonymous letters do the police have with ideas of who killed the man at the beginning of the book?
15. What does the captain ask the dead man's workers and relatives to do before leaving the police station?
(a) Write down their names and addresses.
(b) Write down names of other witnesses.
(c) Make a second meeting.
(d) Give him their cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago do the police discover it had been since the man who was shot at the beginning of the book had been accosted on a bus for the very first time?
2. What term does the old man use to describe a man whose wife cheats on him behind his back in Section 4?
3. Who does Little Priest originally mail his confession to in Section 5?
4. What does the captain tell the dead man's brother the group possibly responsible for his brother's death are willing to do if they are not obeyed?
5. How is the driver of the bus described when he is interviewed by the police after the shooting?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)