|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the captain suggest is the reason for the man being shot during his interview with the informant on the mafia?
(a) For not paying their taxes.
(b) For not submitting to the mafia.
(c) For being poor.
(d) For being too rich.
2. Whose names does Little Priest write on a piece of paper for police in Section 5?
(a) Salvatore Colasberna and Paolo Nicolosi.
(b) Ciccio La Rosa and Diego Marchica.
(c) Don Mariano Arena and Saro Pizzuco.
(d) Saro Pizzuco and Paolo Nicolosi.
3. What do the police believe arresting Marchica would be after he is brought in for questioning?
(c) Very dangerous.
4. How long had the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 held out on paying his workers?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 3 months.
5. Which of the following descriptions does the old man not use to describe the men that don't join the mafia at the beginning of Section 4?
(b) Made into police officers.
6. What is the profession of the man whose house is located on the street the police believe the murderer to have run down after the shooting?
(c) Tree pruner.
7. How do many of the bus passengers describe their seat window on the day of the shooting to police?
(a) Very Bright.
(b) Shades down.
8. Who does the old man say should take a vacation at the end of Section 4?
(a) Saro Pizzuco.
(c) Ciccio La Rosa.
(d) Diego Marchica.
9. Where is the opening scene of the book located?
10. How is the informant to the police on the mafia's payment described?
(a) He isn't paid.
(c) Very well.
11. What is the name of the individual shown at the beginning of Section 5?
(a) Ciccio La Rosa.
(c) Little Priest.
(d) Paolo Nicolosi.
12. What is the name of the honorable man Don Arena is said to be close friends with at the end of Section 5?
13. Who is the man the sergeant major brings in (who loves gambling) believed to have ties to?
(a) The government.
(b) The church.
(c) The police.
(d) The mafia.
14. What does the man who comes to talk to the police in Section 5 say that the mafia wouldn't be if it existed?
(a) A criminal organization.
(c) A good thing.
15. What does the old man say a man should do if he finds out his wife is cheating on him in Section 4?
(a) Do nothing.
(b) Get mad and raise a ruckus.
(c) Kill his wife.
(d) Beat up the man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Little Priest also include on a piece of paper for the police in Section 5 along with some names?
2. How does the old man say a man is not supposed to react if he suspects his wife of cheating in Section 4?
3. What does the old man in Section 4 believe a certain spy does not act with enough of?
4. What does the informant to the police on the mafia live in a constant state of?
5. How long does the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 believe he has held out on paying his workers?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)