Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old man believe a certain spy to be setting himself up against in Section 4?
(a) The police.
(b) The government.
(c) The Mother Church.
(d) The mafia.
2. What is the nickname that Mrs. Nicolosi gives to the police in regards to the shooting?
(b) Little Priest.
3. What are the two high-ranking ministers shown at the beginning of Section 3 known as?
(a) Your Majesty and His Excellency.
(b) His Excellency and the Minister.
(c) The Minister and Honorable Member.
(d) Honorable Member and His Excellency.
4. What is the nickname of the informer the police use to gain information on the mafia?
(c) Little Priest.
5. How many anonymous letters do the police have with ideas of who killed the man at the beginning of the book?
6. What does the old man shown at the beginning of Section 4 known to have?
7. How is the mood of the individual shown at the beginning of Section 5 described?
8. What does the captain ask the dead man's workers and relatives to do before leaving the police station?
(a) Write down their names and addresses.
(b) Make a second meeting.
(c) Give him their cards.
(d) Write down names of other witnesses.
9. What profession does the man have in the story the old man tells at the beginning of Section 4?
(a) A cook.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A priest.
10. What is the name of the man's house that is located on the street the police believe the murderer to have run down after the shooting?
(a) Paolo Nicolosi.
(b) Saro Pizzuco.
(c) Diego Marchica.
(d) Guiseppe Colasberna.
11. Who does the sergeant major find to be given a nickname due to his love of gambling?
(a) Paolo Nicolosi.
(b) Guiseppe Colasberna.
(c) Ciccio La Rosa.
(d) Diego Marchica.
12. What happens to the passengers on the bus after a man is shot at the beginning of the book?
(a) They scream and hide on the bus.
(b) They disappeared.
(c) They laugh.
(d) They talk to police immediately.
13. What is the profession of the man whose house is located on the street the police believe the murderer to have run down after the shooting?
(a) Tree pruner.
14. What do the two high-ranking ministers shown at the beginning of Section 3 believe Captain Bellodi to be, in regards to the mafia?
15. What does the old man say a man should do if he finds out his wife is cheating on him in Section 4?
(a) Kill his wife.
(b) Get mad and raise a ruckus.
(c) Beat up the man.
(d) Do nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion are all mafia members associated with?
2. Which of the following things does the workers for the man of honor shown (at the beginning of Section 2) not do after not being paid?
3. Which of the following descriptions does the old man not use to describe the men that don't join the mafia at the beginning of Section 4?
4. What do the two high-ranking ministers shown at the beginning of Section 3 say they do not believe in?
5. Who is the author of the book "Il Giorno Della Civetta"?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)