|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8, pp. 82-90.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Mrs. Nicolosi's lover?
2. Who helps the police retrieve Nicolosi's body in the book?
(b) A peasant.
(c) A priest.
(d) A farmer.
3. What does the captain tell the dead man's brother the group possibly responsible for his brother's death are willing to do if they are not obeyed?
(a) Take money from people.
(b) Threaten people.
(c) Kill people.
(d) Kidnap family from their homes.
4. Who does Marchica want to ensure will be implicated for murder along with him at the end of Section 6?
(a) Salvatore Colasberna.
(b) Don Arena.
(c) Saro Pizzuco.
(d) Ciccio La Rosa.
5. What is the high-ranking minister shown at the beginning of Section 8 known as?
(a) Your Honor.
(b) Honorable Member.
(c) His Excellency.
(d) Your Majesty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession does the man have in the story the old man tells at the beginning of Section 4?
2. What do the confessions the police obtain insinuate Colasberna did to cause him to be murdered?
3. Who brings the captain a confession in his office to allow the prisoner watching the interrogation to see?
4. What is the name of the man who was shot at the beginning of the book?
5. How does the high-ranking minister react when he hears one of his ministers might have mafia connections in Section 8?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)