|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8, pp. 82-90.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who approaches Captain Bellodi when he returns to the station after finding Nicolosi's body?
(b) The government.
(c) The mafia.
2. What kind of mine has the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 invested much of his money in?
3. What is the name of the rocky network of caves and chasms in Sicily?
(a) Gramoli Chiarchiaro.
(b) The Carabinieri.
4. What does the man who comes to talk to the police in Section 5 say that the mafia wouldn't be if it existed?
(b) A good thing.
(d) A criminal organization.
5. How do the police obtain a confession to show Marchica in Section 6?
(a) Mrs. Nicolosi writes it.
(b) They forge it.
(c) Pizzuco writes it.
(d) Don Arena writes it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does an officer angrily intervene at the house of the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 despite not wanting to?
2. What is the Italian name for the police that is used in the book?
3. What is the name of the type of ammunition used to kill the man at the beginning of the book, and is also known as wolf shot?
4. What does a confession suggest is the only motivation for Marchica to commit murder?
5. Who does the sergeant major believe knows everyone in town and goes to question in Section 3?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)