|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8, pp. 82-90.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the brother of the man who was killed at the beginning of the book, who talks to police about his death?
(a) Rosario Pizzuco.
(b) Giuseppe Mancusi.
(c) Diego Marchica.
(d) Giuseppe Colasberna.
2. What does a confession suggest is the only motivation for Marchica to commit murder?
(a) There is no reason.
(b) He holds grudges.
(c) His violent temper.
(d) He is a psychopath.
3. According to the first confession the police hear in Section 7, who offers to supply the gun for the murder?
(a) Diego Marchica.
(b) Paolo Nicolosi.
(c) Don Arena.
(d) Saro Pizzuco.
4. What does the captain tell the dead man's brother the group possibly responsible for his brother's death are willing to do if they are not obeyed?
(a) Kidnap family from their homes.
(b) Kill people.
(c) Threaten people.
(d) Take money from people.
5. What profession does the man have in the story the old man tells at the beginning of Section 4?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A priest.
(c) A cook.
(d) A teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the street the police believe Colasberna's murderer to have run down after the shooting?
2. At what time do the police believe the murderer would have been running down the street after the shooting?
3. What do the police believe arresting Marchica would be after he is brought in for questioning?
4. Who does the sergeant major believe knows everyone in town and goes to question in Section 3?
5. What is the title of the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)