|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8, pp. 82-90.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the captain have for asking those questioned in the murder case to write something down at the end of Section 1?
(a) For no reason.
(b) To use as blackmail.
(c) For future contact.
(d) For a handwriting sample.
2. Who brings the captain a confession in his office to allow the prisoner watching the interrogation to see?
3. What word does Captain Bellodi discover a man's dog's name to be derived from in Section 8 that means chief of police?
4. What does the captain suggest is the reason for the man being shot during his interview with the informant on the mafia?
(a) For being poor.
(b) For not paying their taxes.
(c) For not submitting to the mafia.
(d) For being too rich.
5. How does Captain Bellodi feel about the area he searches for Nicolosi's body?
(a) It is sad.
(b) It is pretty.
(c) That it is creepy.
(d) It is holy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the informant to the police on the mafia live in a constant state of?
2. Whose side of the murder story is told first in Section 7?
3. Who do the two men having a phone conversation at the beginning of Section 8 become annoyed at because of their sudden rise in power?
4. How does the wife of the high-ranking minister shown at the beginning of Section 8 react when he answers the phone?
5. How long had the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 held out on paying his workers?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)