|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, pp. 53-65.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the captain tell the dead man's brother the group possibly responsible for his brother's death are willing to do if they are not obeyed?
(a) Take money from people.
(b) Threaten people.
(c) Kill people.
(d) Kidnap family from their homes.
2. What does the captain suggest is the reason for the man being shot during his interview with the informant on the mafia?
(a) For not paying their taxes.
(b) For being too rich.
(c) For not submitting to the mafia.
(d) For being poor.
3. Where is the opening scene of the book located?
4. What kind of mine has the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 invested much of his money in?
5. How many people are shown at the beginning of Section 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the police informant on the mafia make up a story to tell to the captain in Section 2?
2. What is the Italian name for the police that is used in the book?
3. What is the name of the spy the old man expresses regret at in Section 4?
4. What is the actual name of the informer the police use to gain information on the mafia?
5. What religion are all mafia members associated with?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)