|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, pp. 53-65.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the captain suggest is the reason for the man being shot during his interview with the informant on the mafia?
(a) For being too rich.
(b) For being poor.
(c) For not submitting to the mafia.
(d) For not paying their taxes.
2. What does the old man shown in Section 4 say he takes advantage of regarding people?
(a) Their cuckoldry.
(b) Their education.
(c) Their niceness.
(d) Their ignorance.
3. What is the profession of the man whose house is located on the street the police believe the murderer to have run down after the shooting?
(d) Tree pruner.
4. What does the man who comes to talk to the police in Section 5 accuse them of treating one of the men they arrested?
(a) Like a god.
(b) Like a government leader.
(c) Like a priest.
(d) Like a common criminal.
5. Who is the author of the book "Il Giorno Della Civetta"?
(a) Silvio Pellico.
(b) Tommaso Sciasi.
(c) Leonardo Sciascia.
(d) Giovanni Leonardo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 a member of?
2. Who does the sergeant major believe knows everyone in town and goes to question in Section 3?
3. How many times has the individual shown at the beginning of Section 5 given this type of information to the police?
4. What happens to the passengers on the bus after a man is shot at the beginning of the book?
5. What kind of mine has the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 invested much of his money in?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)