|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4, pp. 48-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old man say anyone who sets themselves up against the church is, in Section 4?
(d) A dead man.
2. How many anonymous letters do the police have with ideas of who killed the man at the beginning of the book?
3. What profession did the police informant on the mafia previously have before selling out?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A sheep rustler.
(c) A waiter.
(d) A barber.
4. Why does the police informant on the mafia make up a story to tell to the captain in Section 2?
(a) He is mad.
(b) He wants to get back at someone.
(c) So he will be paid.
(d) He is forced.
5. What does the captain suggest is the reason for the man being shot during his interview with the informant on the mafia?
(a) For not submitting to the mafia.
(b) For being poor.
(c) For not paying their taxes.
(d) For being too rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 complain about an encounter with?
2. What does the old man shown in Section 4 say he takes advantage of regarding people?
3. How long does the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 believe he has held out on paying his workers?
4. What is the name of the type of ammunition used to kill the man at the beginning of the book, and is also known as wolf shot?
5. What is the name of the company the man owned who was shot?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)