|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, pp. 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the captain suggest is the reason for the man being shot during his interview with the informant on the mafia?
(a) For being poor.
(b) For not paying their taxes.
(c) For being too rich.
(d) For not submitting to the mafia.
2. What does the captain tell the dead man's brother the group possibly responsible for his brother's death are willing to do if they are not obeyed?
(a) Threaten people.
(b) Take money from people.
(c) Kill people.
(d) Kidnap family from their homes.
3. What does the captain suggest all of the building contractors in their area had done that the man who died had not?
(a) Paid for protection.
(b) Went to church.
(c) Had a permit.
(d) Hired locals.
4. What is the Italian name for the police that is used in the book?
(d) La Policia.
5. What are the two high-ranking ministers shown at the beginning of Section 3 known as?
(a) Honorable Member and His Excellency.
(b) The Minister and Honorable Member.
(c) His Excellency and the Minister.
(d) Your Majesty and His Excellency.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nickname that Mrs. Nicolosi gives to the police in regards to the shooting?
2. How is the informant to the police on the mafia's payment described?
3. Who does the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 complain about an encounter with?
4. How long had the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 held out on paying his workers?
5. Which of the following things does the workers for the man of honor shown (at the beginning of Section 2) not do after not being paid?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)