|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, pp. 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the captain tell the dead man's brother the group possibly responsible for his brother's death are willing to do if they are not obeyed?
(a) Kill people.
(b) Threaten people.
(c) Kidnap family from their homes.
(d) Take money from people.
2. Why does the police informant on the mafia make up a story to tell to the captain in Section 2?
(a) He is mad.
(b) He is forced.
(c) So he will be paid.
(d) He wants to get back at someone.
3. What profession did the police informant on the mafia previously have before selling out?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A waiter.
(c) A barber.
(d) A sheep rustler.
4. What do the police believe arresting Marchica would be after he is brought in for questioning?
(d) Very dangerous.
5. What is the name of the street the police believe Colasberna's murderer to have run down after the shooting?
(a) Cavour Street.
(b) Lupara Street.
(c) Genoa Street.
(d) Broad Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago do the police discover it had been since the man who was shot at the beginning of the book had been accosted on a bus for the very first time?
2. Where is the opening scene of the book located?
3. How is the driver of the bus described when he is interviewed by the police after the shooting?
4. How long had the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 held out on paying his workers?
5. What is the nickname of the informer the police use to gain information on the mafia?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)