|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, pp. 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of the book "Il Giorno Della Civetta"?
(a) Leonardo Sciascia.
(b) Silvio Pellico.
(c) Tommaso Sciasi.
(d) Giovanni Leonardo.
2. How many shots does the wife of he man whose house is located on the street the police believe the murderer to have run down after the shooting say her husband heard?
3. What does the captain tell the dead man's brother the group possibly responsible for his brother's death are willing to do if they are not obeyed?
(a) Kill people.
(b) Threaten people.
(c) Kidnap family from their homes.
(d) Take money from people.
4. How many anonymous letters do the police have with ideas of who killed the man at the beginning of the book?
5. Who does the sergeant major believe knows everyone in town and goes to question in Section 3?
(a) His brother.
(b) His barber.
(c) His baker.
(d) His brother-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the company the man owned who was shot?
2. What reason does the captain have for asking those questioned in the murder case to write something down at the end of Section 1?
3. What do the two high-ranking ministers shown at the beginning of Section 3 say they do not believe in?
4. What does the captain ask the dead man's workers and relatives to do before leaving the police station?
5. What is the name of the brother of the man who was killed at the beginning of the book, who talks to police about his death?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)