|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, pp. 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the captain ask the dead man's workers and relatives to do before leaving the police station?
(a) Write down their names and addresses.
(b) Give him their cards.
(c) Make a second meeting.
(d) Write down names of other witnesses.
2. What does the captain suggest is the reason for the man being shot during his interview with the informant on the mafia?
(a) For not submitting to the mafia.
(b) For being poor.
(c) For not paying their taxes.
(d) For being too rich.
3. Which of the following things does the workers for the man of honor shown (at the beginning of Section 2) not do after not being paid?
(a) Demand money.
(c) Become desperate from starvation.
(d) Shoot at the man of honor.
4. What is the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 a member of?
(a) The French Parliament.
(b) The Italian police force.
(c) The Italian Parliament.
(d) The mafia.
5. What happens to the passengers on the bus after a man is shot at the beginning of the book?
(a) They talk to police immediately.
(b) They scream and hide on the bus.
(c) They disappeared.
(d) They laugh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose names does the police informant give to the captain at the end of Section 2?
2. How do many of the bus passengers describe their seat window on the day of the shooting to police?
3. How many shots does the wife of he man whose house is located on the street the police believe the murderer to have run down after the shooting say her husband heard?
4. What is the profession of the man whose house is located on the street the police believe the murderer to have run down after the shooting?
5. Why does the police informant on the mafia make up a story to tell to the captain in Section 2?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)