|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, pp. 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time do the police believe the murderer would have been running down the street after the shooting?
(a) 7:00 a.m.
(b) 6:30 a.m.
(c) 8:00 a.m.
(d) 8:00 p.m.
2. Who does the sergeant major believe knows everyone in town and goes to question in Section 3?
(a) His baker.
(b) His brother.
(c) His barber.
(d) His brother-in-law.
3. Whose names does the police informant give to the captain at the end of Section 2?
(a) Diego Marchica and Paolo Nicolosi.
(b) Guiseppe Colasberna and Ciccio La Rosa.
(c) Diego Marchica and Ciccio Nicolosi.
(d) Ciccio La Rosa and Saro Pizzuco.
4. How many anonymous letters do the police have with ideas of who killed the man at the beginning of the book?
5. How long does the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 believe he has held out on paying his workers?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 3 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nickname that Mrs. Nicolosi gives to the police in regards to the shooting?
2. What does the informant to the police on the mafia live in a constant state of?
3. What political association do the two men at the beginning of Section 3 claim Salvatore Colasberna to be involved with?
4. What do the police believe arresting Marchica would be after he is brought in for questioning?
5. Why does an officer angrily intervene at the house of the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 despite not wanting to?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)