|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, pp. 22-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago do the police discover it had been since the man who was shot at the beginning of the book had been accosted on a bus for the very first time?
(a) A year.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 7 days.
(d) 4 months.
2. What item does a man sell near the shooting that the police look for in Section 1?
(b) Ice cream.
3. What does the informant to the police on the mafia live in a constant state of?
4. What profession did the police informant on the mafia previously have before selling out?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A sheep rustler.
(c) A waiter.
(d) A barber.
5. What does the captain suggest is the reason for the man being shot during his interview with the informant on the mafia?
(a) For not paying their taxes.
(b) For being poor.
(c) For being too rich.
(d) For not submitting to the mafia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the police informant on the mafia make up a story to tell to the captain in Section 2?
2. What is the name of the type of ammunition used to kill the man at the beginning of the book, and is also known as wolf shot?
3. How is the driver of the bus described when he is interviewed by the police after the shooting?
4. How long had the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 held out on paying his workers?
5. How is the informant to the police on the mafia's payment described?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)