|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, pp. 22-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 believe he has held out on paying his workers?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 2 weeks.
2. How long ago do the police discover it had been since the man who was shot at the beginning of the book had been accosted on a bus for the very first time?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 4 months.
(c) A year.
(d) 6 months.
3. What does the captain tell the dead man's brother the group possibly responsible for his brother's death are willing to do if they are not obeyed?
(a) Kill people.
(b) Threaten people.
(c) Kidnap family from their homes.
(d) Take money from people.
4. What does the captain suggest is the reason for the man being shot during his interview with the informant on the mafia?
(a) For being poor.
(b) For not paying their taxes.
(c) For not submitting to the mafia.
(d) For being too rich.
5. What is the title of the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2?
(a) Honourable Member.
(c) His Excellency.
(d) Mighty Minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nickname of the informer the police use to gain information on the mafia?
2. What happens to the passengers on the bus after a man is shot at the beginning of the book?
3. What is the name of the type of ammunition used to kill the man at the beginning of the book, and is also known as wolf shot?
4. What does the captain ask the dead man's workers and relatives to do before leaving the police station?
5. How is the driver of the bus described when he is interviewed by the police after the shooting?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)