|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, pp. 22-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the type of ammunition used to kill the man at the beginning of the book, and is also known as wolf shot?
(a) Lupe pistoli.
2. Who is the author of the book "Il Giorno Della Civetta"?
(a) Silvio Pellico.
(b) Leonardo Sciascia.
(c) Tommaso Sciasi.
(d) Giovanni Leonardo.
3. What does the captain suggest all of the building contractors in their area had done that the man who died had not?
(a) Hired locals.
(b) Went to church.
(c) Had a permit.
(d) Paid for protection.
4. How long had the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 held out on paying his workers?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 2 weeks.
5. Which of the following things does the workers for the man of honor shown (at the beginning of Section 2) not do after not being paid?
(b) Become desperate from starvation.
(c) Demand money.
(d) Shoot at the man of honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose names does the police informant give to the captain at the end of Section 2?
2. Where is the opening scene of the book located?
3. Why does the police informant on the mafia make up a story to tell to the captain in Section 2?
4. How long ago do the police discover it had been since the man who was shot at the beginning of the book had been accosted on a bus for the very first time?
5. How long does the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 believe he has held out on paying his workers?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)