|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, pp. 22-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the police informant on the mafia make up a story to tell to the captain in Section 2?
(a) He is mad.
(b) He wants to get back at someone.
(c) So he will be paid.
(d) He is forced.
2. What does the captain ask the dead man's workers and relatives to do before leaving the police station?
(a) Give him their cards.
(b) Write down their names and addresses.
(c) Write down names of other witnesses.
(d) Make a second meeting.
3. What profession did the police informant on the mafia previously have before selling out?
(a) A sheep rustler.
(b) A barber.
(c) A waiter.
(d) A police officer.
4. What city is the beginning of Section 2 set in?
5. What does the captain suggest is the reason for the man being shot during his interview with the informant on the mafia?
(a) For being too rich.
(b) For being poor.
(c) For not paying their taxes.
(d) For not submitting to the mafia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 complain about an encounter with?
2. How is the driver of the bus described when he is interviewed by the police after the shooting?
3. What does the informant to the police on the mafia live in a constant state of?
4. What is the Italian name for the police that is used in the book?
5. How is the informant to the police on the mafia's payment described?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)