|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, pp. 22-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the police informant on the mafia make up a story to tell to the captain in Section 2?
(a) He is forced.
(b) So he will be paid.
(c) He wants to get back at someone.
(d) He is mad.
2. What profession did the police informant on the mafia previously have before selling out?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A waiter.
(c) A barber.
(d) A sheep rustler.
3. What does the captain ask the dead man's workers and relatives to do before leaving the police station?
(a) Write down names of other witnesses.
(b) Give him their cards.
(c) Write down their names and addresses.
(d) Make a second meeting.
4. How long had the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 held out on paying his workers?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 2 months.
5. A man is shot getting on a bus which is traveling where?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 believe he has held out on paying his workers?
2. Which of the following things does the workers for the man of honor shown (at the beginning of Section 2) not do after not being paid?
3. What city is the beginning of Section 2 set in?
4. How many anonymous letters do the police have with ideas of who killed the man at the beginning of the book?
5. What is the name of the brother of the man who was killed at the beginning of the book, who talks to police about his death?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)