|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, pp. 22-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does an officer angrily intervene at the house of the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 despite not wanting to?
(a) To take him to work.
(b) To take his daughter to school.
(c) To allow his wife and daughter to go to Mass.
(d) To take his wife to the airport.
2. Where is the opening scene of the book located?
3. What does the captain suggest all of the building contractors in their area had done that the man who died had not?
(a) Hired locals.
(b) Went to church.
(c) Had a permit.
(d) Paid for protection.
4. What is the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 a member of?
(a) The French Parliament.
(b) The mafia.
(c) The Italian Parliament.
(d) The Italian police force.
5. What profession did the police informant on the mafia previously have before selling out?
(a) A waiter.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A sheep rustler.
(d) A barber.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the police informant on the mafia make up a story to tell to the captain in Section 2?
2. How long had the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 held out on paying his workers?
3. How long ago do the police discover it had been since the man who was shot at the beginning of the book had been accosted on a bus for the very first time?
4. What city is the beginning of Section 2 set in?
5. What does the captain ask the dead man's workers and relatives to do before leaving the police station?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)