|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, pp. 22-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the brother of the man who was killed at the beginning of the book, who talks to police about his death?
(a) Giuseppe Colasberna.
(b) Diego Marchica.
(c) Giuseppe Mancusi.
(d) Rosario Pizzuco.
2. Who is the author of the book "Il Giorno Della Civetta"?
(a) Giovanni Leonardo.
(b) Silvio Pellico.
(c) Leonardo Sciascia.
(d) Tommaso Sciasi.
3. Why does the police informant on the mafia make up a story to tell to the captain in Section 2?
(a) He is forced.
(b) He wants to get back at someone.
(c) He is mad.
(d) So he will be paid.
4. How long does the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 believe he has held out on paying his workers?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 1 week.
5. What is the title of the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2?
(a) Mighty Minister.
(b) His Excellency.
(d) Honourable Member.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the captain ask the dead man's workers and relatives to do before leaving the police station?
2. A man is shot getting on a bus which is traveling where?
3. How is the informant to the police on the mafia's payment described?
4. How long ago do the police discover it had been since the man who was shot at the beginning of the book had been accosted on a bus for the very first time?
5. What is the Italian name for the police that is used in the book?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)