|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, pp. 22-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose names does the police informant give to the captain at the end of Section 2?
(a) Diego Marchica and Ciccio Nicolosi.
(b) Diego Marchica and Paolo Nicolosi.
(c) Guiseppe Colasberna and Ciccio La Rosa.
(d) Ciccio La Rosa and Saro Pizzuco.
2. Why does the police informant on the mafia make up a story to tell to the captain in Section 2?
(a) So he will be paid.
(b) He wants to get back at someone.
(c) He is forced.
(d) He is mad.
3. What is the name of the brother of the man who was killed at the beginning of the book, who talks to police about his death?
(a) Giuseppe Colasberna.
(b) Rosario Pizzuco.
(c) Diego Marchica.
(d) Giuseppe Mancusi.
4. What does the captain suggest all of the building contractors in their area had done that the man who died had not?
(a) Had a permit.
(b) Hired locals.
(c) Paid for protection.
(d) Went to church.
5. What kind of mine has the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 invested much of his money in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession did the police informant on the mafia previously have before selling out?
2. Where is the opening scene of the book located?
3. What is the nickname of the informer the police use to gain information on the mafia?
4. A man is shot getting on a bus which is traveling where?
5. What is the name of the type of ammunition used to kill the man at the beginning of the book, and is also known as wolf shot?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)