|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9, pp. 90-108.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the characters at the beginning of Section 9 consider the most important piece of evidence the police have in their murder investigation?
(a) Marchica's confession.
(b) Mrs. Nicolosi's confession.
(c) Pizzuco's confession.
(d) The don's identity.
2. How many people are shown at the beginning of Section 4?
3. What is the name of Mrs. Nicolosi's lover?
4. What does the man who comes to talk to the police in Section 5 accuse them of treating one of the men they arrested?
(a) Like a common criminal.
(b) Like a government leader.
(c) Like a priest.
(d) Like a god.
5. What reason does the captain have for asking those questioned in the murder case to write something down at the end of Section 1?
(a) For a handwriting sample.
(b) For no reason.
(c) For future contact.
(d) To use as blackmail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the rocky network of caves and chasms in Sicily?
2. What item does a man sell near the shooting that the police look for in Section 1?
3. What does the Captain discover the don lied about that he wishes he could arrest him for but cannot?
4. What is the man being interviewed by police actually telling them when the other prisoner watches the interview from the captain's office?
5. Who tells the man watching the interview from the captain's office that his friend is telling the police everything?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)