|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9, pp. 90-108.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the don respond when he is shown a confession in Section 9?
2. What is the Italian name for the police that is used in the book?
(d) La Policia.
3. Whose side of the murder story is told first in Section 7?
(a) Don Arena's.
(b) Ciccio La Rosa's.
(c) Diego Marchica's.
(d) Saro Pizzuco's.
4. What is the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 a member of?
(a) The Italian police force.
(b) The mafia.
(c) The Italian Parliament.
(d) The French Parliament.
5. What does the man who comes to talk to the police in Section 5 accuse them of treating one of the men they arrested?
(a) Like a common criminal.
(b) Like a god.
(c) Like a government leader.
(d) Like a priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the captain ask the dead man's workers and relatives to do before leaving the police station?
2. What are the two high-ranking ministers shown at the beginning of Section 3 known as?
3. What profession did the police informant on the mafia previously have before selling out?
4. According to the first confession the police hear in Section 7, who is accused of fooling a man into allowing him access to a shelter after the murder?
5. How is the driver of the bus described when he is interviewed by the police after the shooting?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)