|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9, pp. 90-108.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the police allow to sit in the captain's office during interrogation in Section 6?
(a) Saro Pizzuco.
(b) Diego Marchica.
(c) Minister Mancusi.
(d) Poalo Nicolosi.
2. What does the captain suggest all of the building contractors in their area had done that the man who died had not?
(a) Hired locals.
(b) Paid for protection.
(c) Had a permit.
(d) Went to church.
3. Who does a man come to the police to talk to them about in Section 5?
(a) Don Arena.
(c) Diego Marchica.
(d) Guiseppe Colasberna.
4. What profession does the man have in the story the old man tells at the beginning of Section 4?
(a) A priest.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A cook.
(d) A police officer.
5. What reason does the captain have for asking those questioned in the murder case to write something down at the end of Section 1?
(a) For a handwriting sample.
(b) For future contact.
(c) For no reason.
(d) To use as blackmail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes a full confession at the beginning of Section 7?
2. What is the name of the minister that is revealed to have possible mafia ties in Section 8?
3. What is the title of the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2?
4. What does a man reveal to a high-ranking minister will be on the front page of a newspaper at the beginning of Section 8?
5. Which of the following things does the workers for the man of honor shown (at the beginning of Section 2) not do after not being paid?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)