|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9, pp. 90-108.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Italian name for the police that is used in the book?
(d) La Policia.
2. Who do the two men having a phone conversation at the beginning of Section 8 become annoyed at because of their sudden rise in power?
(a) Captain Bellodi.
(b) Saro Pizzuco.
(c) Don Arena.
(d) Diego Marchica.
3. Whose names does the police informant give to the captain at the end of Section 2?
(a) Diego Marchica and Paolo Nicolosi.
(b) Guiseppe Colasberna and Ciccio La Rosa.
(c) Ciccio La Rosa and Saro Pizzuco.
(d) Diego Marchica and Ciccio Nicolosi.
4. Who helps the police retrieve Nicolosi's body in the book?
(a) A peasant.
(b) A farmer.
(d) A priest.
5. At what time do the police believe the murderer would have been running down the street after the shooting?
(a) 8:00 p.m.
(b) 6:30 a.m.
(c) 7:00 a.m.
(d) 8:00 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the informant to the police on the mafia's payment described?
2. Who brings the captain a confession in his office to allow the prisoner watching the interrogation to see?
3. Which of the following things does the workers for the man of honor shown (at the beginning of Section 2) not do after not being paid?
4. What word does Captain Bellodi discover a man's dog's name to be derived from in Section 8 that means chief of police?
5. What do the characters at the beginning of Section 9 consider the most important piece of evidence the police have in their murder investigation?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)