|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, pp. 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the captain tell the dead man's brother the group possibly responsible for his brother's death are willing to do if they are not obeyed?
(a) Kidnap family from their homes.
(b) Kill people.
(c) Threaten people.
(d) Take money from people.
2. A man is shot getting on a bus which is traveling where?
3. What does the captain suggest is the reason for the man being shot during his interview with the informant on the mafia?
(a) For being too rich.
(b) For being poor.
(c) For not submitting to the mafia.
(d) For not paying their taxes.
4. How is the driver of the bus described when he is interviewed by the police after the shooting?
5. Why does the police informant on the mafia make up a story to tell to the captain in Section 2?
(a) He is forced.
(b) He wants to get back at someone.
(c) So he will be paid.
(d) He is mad.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 held out on paying his workers?
2. What do the police believe arresting Marchica would be after he is brought in for questioning?
3. What does the captain ask the dead man's workers and relatives to do before leaving the police station?
4. Who does the sergeant major believe knows everyone in town and goes to question in Section 3?
5. Who does the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 complain about an encounter with?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)