|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, pp. 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the passengers on the bus after a man is shot at the beginning of the book?
(a) They talk to police immediately.
(b) They laugh.
(c) They disappeared.
(d) They scream and hide on the bus.
2. Where is the opening scene of the book located?
3. At what time do the police believe the murderer would have been running down the street after the shooting?
(a) 8:00 p.m.
(b) 8:00 a.m.
(c) 7:00 a.m.
(d) 6:30 a.m.
4. What is the name of Mrs. Nicolosi's lover?
5. What are the two high-ranking ministers shown at the beginning of Section 3 known as?
(a) Your Majesty and His Excellency.
(b) The Minister and Honorable Member.
(c) His Excellency and the Minister.
(d) Honorable Member and His Excellency.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 a member of?
2. What does the captain ask the dead man's workers and relatives to do before leaving the police station?
3. What does the captain watch during the informant's interview despite believing he is lying?
4. Who do two high-ranking ministers discuss at the beginning of Section 3?
5. How long ago do the police discover it had been since the man who was shot at the beginning of the book had been accosted on a bus for the very first time?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)