|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, pp. 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does an officer angrily intervene at the house of the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 despite not wanting to?
(a) To take his daughter to school.
(b) To allow his wife and daughter to go to Mass.
(c) To take him to work.
(d) To take his wife to the airport.
2. What is the name of the popular card game often played in Sicily that is discussed in the book?
3. How long does the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 believe he has held out on paying his workers?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 1 week.
4. What is the name of the type of ammunition used to kill the man at the beginning of the book, and is also known as wolf shot?
(c) Lupe pistoli.
5. Why does the police informant on the mafia make up a story to tell to the captain in Section 2?
(a) He wants to get back at someone.
(b) So he will be paid.
(c) He is mad.
(d) He is forced.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the actual name of the informer the police use to gain information on the mafia?
2. What does the captain ask the dead man's workers and relatives to do before leaving the police station?
3. How long had the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 held out on paying his workers?
4. Who do two high-ranking ministers discuss at the beginning of Section 3?
5. Whose names does the police informant give to the captain at the end of Section 2?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)