|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, pp. 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the passengers on the bus after a man is shot at the beginning of the book?
(a) They disappeared.
(b) They talk to police immediately.
(c) They laugh.
(d) They scream and hide on the bus.
2. What is the name of Mrs. Nicolosi's lover?
3. What does the captain ask the dead man's workers and relatives to do before leaving the police station?
(a) Write down their names and addresses.
(b) Make a second meeting.
(c) Write down names of other witnesses.
(d) Give him their cards.
4. What does the wife of he man whose house is located on the street the police believe the murderer to have run down say her husband came inside to retrieve after hearing gun shots?
(a) His coat.
(c) A shirt.
5. How long does the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 believe he has held out on paying his workers?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 3 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession did the police informant on the mafia previously have before selling out?
2. What are the two high-ranking ministers shown at the beginning of Section 3 known as?
3. What is the name of the popular card game often played in Sicily that is discussed in the book?
4. What reason does the captain have for asking those questioned in the murder case to write something down at the end of Section 1?
5. What is the profession of the man whose house is located on the street the police believe the murderer to have run down after the shooting?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)