|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6, pp. 65-74.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the popular card game often played in Sicily that is discussed in the book?
2. What does the man who comes to talk to the police in Section 5 say does not even exist?
(a) The mafia.
(b) The police.
3. What political association do the two men at the beginning of Section 3 claim Salvatore Colasberna to be involved with?
4. What does the captain suggest is the reason for the man being shot during his interview with the informant on the mafia?
(a) For not paying their taxes.
(b) For being too rich.
(c) For not submitting to the mafia.
(d) For being poor.
5. What does Pizzuco do after he assumes the police know everything about the murder?
(b) Attempts suicide.
(c) Curses the don.
(d) Cursing Marchica.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the old man say should take a vacation at the end of Section 4?
2. Why does an officer angrily intervene at the house of the man of honor shown at the beginning of Section 2 despite not wanting to?
3. What does the old man shown in Section 4 believe most of the men in his city to be?
4. What does the old man in Section 4 believe a certain spy does not act with enough of?
5. How many murders does the confession the police show Marchica blame on him?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)