|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Corinne say her doctors released her?
2. What is Bart pretending to be when he attacks Cindy in her pool?
3. Why does Bart punish Apple after he returns from the hospital?
4. What ballet are Cathy and Jory performing in?
5. In Tales of Evil, the old woman asks Jory if he could forgive his parents for _________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify examples of foreshadowing in the book. Explain what each example foreshadows and how it comes to fruition.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast characters. Who share the most similarities? Who share the most contrast? How do contrasting characters clash in the novel? What are interactions like between similar characters? Cite examples.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the mood of certain settings. Explain how this mood is proved or justified in the story, giving examples. What descriptive phrases establish the mood? How does mood enhance the reader's understanding?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)