|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Corinne want to take as her own?
2. What does Bart have an allergic reaction to in the hospital?
3. As Bart is waiting to die under the shrubs, who's problems does he think he is he solving?
4. Why does Bart punish Apple after he returns from the hospital?
5. In Gathering Darkness, what does Chris use to coax Bart out of bed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify symbols in the book. Go into detail about what each symbol means to the reader and to the different characters. Which symbol is most present?
Essay Topic 2
Identify examples of foreshadowing in the book. Explain what each example foreshadows and how it comes to fruition.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why Bart feels inferior to Jory. How does this determine Bart's behavior around Jory? In what ways are Bart's feelings justified? In what ways are they not justified? Give examples
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)