|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bart accuse Corinne of doing to Apple after he returns from the hospital?
2. What is Bart pretending to be when he attacks Cindy in her pool?
3. What causes Cathy's fall during a series of pirouettes?
4. What does Cathy remember Madame Marisha saying she would have no life without?
5. When Chris sneaks from the house to speak with Corinne a second time, what does John Amos order Bart to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the author's method of conveying information to the reader. Cite examples. Who is better informed, the reader or the narrator? How does the author's method of conveying information further the plot?
Essay Topic 2
In the prologue the narrator says, "I found a strand of silver in my hair today, reminding me that soon I might be a grandmother, and I shuddered." Identify the character, and explain her reaction to this natural occurrence from what is discovered about her within the book.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast characters. Who share the most similarities? Who share the most contrast? How do contrasting characters clash in the novel? What are interactions like between similar characters? Cite examples.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)