|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Corinne say her doctors released her?
2. What does Chris first recognize about the old woman next door?
3. Just before Corinne rocks Bart to sleep singing him a lullaby in Honor Thy Mother, what does Bart say Corinne used to smell of?
4. What weakness does Chris point out when trying to persuade Cathy not to dance in the ballet?
5. What do Cathy's doctors confine her to after her accident?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how each chapter title relates to the material in the chapter. What purpose do the chapter titles serve? How do they aid in telling of the story? Which ones have more than one meaning for the contents of the chapter? Explain the different meanings.
Essay Topic 2
Identify examples of foreshadowing in the book. Explain what each example foreshadows and how it comes to fruition.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why Bart feels inferior to Jory. How does this determine Bart's behavior around Jory? In what ways are Bart's feelings justified? In what ways are they not justified? Give examples
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)