|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When conversing with Bart, why does John Amos say Cathy is writing her book?
2. In Wounds of War, which two people is Bart referring to when he says, "He looks at her mean. She looks at him scared?"
3. What possession of Cathy's does Jory catch Bart deliberately breaking?
4. What does Bart unintentionally injure his knee with?
5. What was Cathy's dancing name?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why Bart needs the most attention from his mother. Give examples of how this need presents itself. How does Bart fight this need for his mother? What substitutes does he use for her attention?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Bart's obsession with death. Does he really desire death? Does he want his mother to die? Does he wish for Apple's death? What does the idea of death mean to Bart?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the benefits of each narrator. Which narration is stronger? Who is a more reliable narrator? Who is a more insightful narrator? Which narrator's voice feels more authentic? Explain your answers.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)