|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game does Bart tell Cindy they're playing when he cuts off her hair?
2. Who finds Bart, injured, under the shrubs?
3. Where does Bart discover Clover's body?
4. What does Malcolm's journal say he took pleasure in beating?
5. The old woman tells Jory the first man she married was ________ to her.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bart's initial duality multiplies with John Amos's coaching. How does Bart's skill at make-believe add to his confusion? Is Malcolm's personality a pretense for Bart? Which personality dominates in the last three chapters? Explain how John Amos' coaching has permanently affected Bart
Essay Topic 2
Describe the mood of certain settings. Explain how this mood is proved or justified in the story, giving examples. What descriptive phrases establish the mood? How does mood enhance the reader's understanding?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the author's method of conveying information to the reader. Cite examples. Who is better informed, the reader or the narrator? How does the author's method of conveying information further the plot?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)