|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Corinne admit to keeping John Amos around?
2. What do Cathy's doctors confine her to after her accident?
3. What does Cathy remember Madame Marisha saying she would have no life without?
4. What does Chris first recognize about the old woman next door?
5. What does Bart say to deter Emma from following through with her threat to spank him?
Essay Topic 1
Identify examples of foreshadowing in the book. Explain what each example foreshadows and how it comes to fruition.
Essay Topic 2
Identify symbols in the book. Go into detail about what each symbol means to the reader and to the different characters. Which symbol is most present?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast characters. Who share the most similarities? Who share the most contrast? How do contrasting characters clash in the novel? What are interactions like between similar characters? Cite examples.
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)