|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jory find twisted around Clover's neck?
2. What role does Cathy tell Chris she is performing for the ballet?
3. When conversing with Bart, why does John Amos say Cathy is writing her book?
4. When confronting Corinne, Chris blames Bart's playacting on a lack of photographs of his __________?
5. What does Cathy choreograph for herself and Jory?
Essay Topic 1
Plot out the cycle of abuses in the Foxworth family and how these abuses perpetuate more. How are the different characters affected? Is the cycle ended? How can it end? What different forms does the abuse take?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the mood of certain settings. Explain how this mood is proved or justified in the story, giving examples. What descriptive phrases establish the mood? How does mood enhance the reader's understanding?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the intricacies of and history behind Chris and Cathy's relationship. Why is their relationship so secretive? Do they see their relationship the way the world does? How do they justify it to themselves and to their children? What effect does this relationship have on their family?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)