|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game does Bart tell Cindy they're playing when he cuts off her hair?
2. Just before Corinne rocks Bart to sleep singing him a lullaby in Honor Thy Mother, what does Bart say Corinne used to smell of?
3. Now that Cathy cannot dance, what does she consume her time with?
4. When conversing with Bart, why does John Amos say Cathy is writing her book?
5. Feeling pain makes Bart feel like he isn't a _______.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What makes Bart a target for John Amos and Corrine? What are Bart's vulnerabilities that work to his detriment with John Amos? What effects do John Amos's and Corrine's interferences have on Bart?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Bart's obsession with death. Does he really desire death? Does he want his mother to die? Does he wish for Apple's death? What does the idea of death mean to Bart?
Essay Topic 3
Bart's initial duality multiplies with John Amos's coaching. How does Bart's skill at make-believe add to his confusion? Is Malcolm's personality a pretense for Bart? Which personality dominates in the last three chapters? Explain how John Amos' coaching has permanently affected Bart
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)