|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When conversing with Bart, why does John Amos say Cathy is writing her book?
2. What is the name of Bart's second psychiatrist?
3. In the Horns of Dilemma, what does Bart talk about to Cathy that she finds disturbing?
4. After Bart shoves Cindy from Cathy's lap, Cathy calls him the child of her _________.
5. How does Bart say his real father died?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how each chapter title relates to the material in the chapter. What purpose do the chapter titles serve? How do they aid in telling of the story? Which ones have more than one meaning for the contents of the chapter? Explain the different meanings.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the mood of certain settings. Explain how this mood is proved or justified in the story, giving examples. What descriptive phrases establish the mood? How does mood enhance the reader's understanding?
Essay Topic 3
Bart's initial duality multiplies with John Amos's coaching. How does Bart's skill at make-believe add to his confusion? Is Malcolm's personality a pretense for Bart? Which personality dominates in the last three chapters? Explain how John Amos' coaching has permanently affected Bart
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)