|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Bart shoves Cindy from Cathy's lap, Cathy calls him the child of her _________.
2. Where does Bart discover Clover's body?
3. What possession of Cathy's does Jory catch Bart deliberately breaking?
4. Whose hair does Malcolm write about cutting in his journal?
5. What reason does the old woman give to Jory for why she doesn't open the drapes in her windows?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What makes Bart a target for John Amos and Corrine? What are Bart's vulnerabilities that work to his detriment with John Amos? What effects do John Amos's and Corrine's interferences have on Bart?
Essay Topic 2
Explain why Bart feels inferior to Jory. How does this determine Bart's behavior around Jory? In what ways are Bart's feelings justified? In what ways are they not justified? Give examples
Essay Topic 3
Define John Amos's role in the novel. Why does he act as his wife's butler? Why does he revere Malcolm Foxworth? How does he manipulate situations to better serve his purposes?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)