|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which day does Bart say is the best of the week?
2. What is Bart pretending to be when he attacks Cindy in her pool?
3. Now that Cathy cannot dance, what does she consume her time with?
4. Just before Corinne rocks Bart to sleep singing him a lullaby in Honor Thy Mother, what does Bart say Corinne used to smell of?
5. What does Malcolm's journal say he took pleasure in beating?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why Bart feels inferior to Jory. How does this determine Bart's behavior around Jory? In what ways are Bart's feelings justified? In what ways are they not justified? Give examples
Essay Topic 2
What makes Bart a target for John Amos and Corrine? What are Bart's vulnerabilities that work to his detriment with John Amos? What effects do John Amos's and Corrine's interferences have on Bart?
Essay Topic 3
In the prologue the narrator says, "I found a strand of silver in my hair today, reminding me that soon I might be a grandmother, and I shuddered." Identify the character, and explain her reaction to this natural occurrence from what is discovered about her within the book.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)