|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bart accuse Corinne of doing to Apple after he returns from the hospital?
2. In Gathering Darkness, what does Chris use to coax Bart out of bed?
3. The old woman tells Jory the first man she married was ________ to her.
4. What does Jory find in Apple after the first confrontation between Chris and Corinne?
5. Feeling pain makes Bart feel like he isn't a _______.
Essay Topic 1
Bart's initial duality multiplies with John Amos's coaching. How does Bart's skill at make-believe add to his confusion? Is Malcolm's personality a pretense for Bart? Which personality dominates in the last three chapters? Explain how John Amos' coaching has permanently affected Bart
Essay Topic 2
Describe the benefits of each narrator. Which narration is stronger? Who is a more reliable narrator? Who is a more insightful narrator? Which narrator's voice feels more authentic? Explain your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Chris accuses Corrine of selfishness. Explain whether Corrine's actions prove to be selfish or the opposite. What do her motivations appear to be? What in her appearance or behavior hints at a care only for herself?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)