|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Chris and Corinne's first confrontation, how does Jory know Bart is in the room?
2. What is the psychiatrist's name that Cathy and Chris first send Bart to?
3. Who says, "conceived in fire, born in heat," to Bart about his birthday?
4. What does John Amos tell the old woman Bart has in his knee?
5. In Homecoming, Bart, pretending to be Malcolm, demands toast and ________ for breakfast.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify examples of foreshadowing in the book. Explain what each example foreshadows and how it comes to fruition.
Essay Topic 2
Plot out the cycle of abuses in the Foxworth family and how these abuses perpetuate more. How are the different characters affected? Is the cycle ended? How can it end? What different forms does the abuse take?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the author's method of conveying information to the reader. Cite examples. Who is better informed, the reader or the narrator? How does the author's method of conveying information further the plot?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)