|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When conversing with Bart, why does John Amos say Cathy is writing her book?
2. Who does Corinne want to take as her own?
3. In Tales of Evil, what does Bart tell Jory he wants to capture and put in his pocket until it grows big?
4. The old woman tells Jory the first man she married was ________ to her.
5. What does Malcolm's journal say he took pleasure in beating?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Explain why Bart needs the most attention from his mother. Give examples of how this need presents itself. How does Bart fight this need for his mother? What substitutes does he use for her attention?
Essay Topic 2Identify symbols in the book. Go into detail about what each symbol means to the reader and to the different characters. Which symbol is most present?
Essay Topic 3Describe how each chapter title relates to the material in the chapter. What purpose do the chapter titles serve? How do they aid in telling of the story? Which ones have more than one meaning for the contents of the chapter? Explain the different meanings.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)