|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ballet are Cathy and Jory performing in?
2. What does John Amos tell the old woman Bart has in his knee?
3. How does Bart say his real father died?
4. What favorite food does Bart reject when he comes home from the hospital?
5. During their second confrontation, Corinne asks Chris if he loves Cathy as a man loves a _______.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify symbols in the book. Go into detail about what each symbol means to the reader and to the different characters. Which symbol is most present?
Essay Topic 2
Identify examples of foreshadowing in the book. Explain what each example foreshadows and how it comes to fruition.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the mood of certain settings. Explain how this mood is proved or justified in the story, giving examples. What descriptive phrases establish the mood? How does mood enhance the reader's understanding?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)