|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Chris and Corinne's first confrontation, how does Jory know Bart is in the room?
2. As Bart is waiting to die under the shrubs, who's problems does he think he is he solving?
3. Who is coming to teach for Cathy at her school?
4. What was Cathy's dancing name?
5. Who does Corinne want to take as her own?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how each chapter title relates to the material in the chapter. What purpose do the chapter titles serve? How do they aid in telling of the story? Which ones have more than one meaning for the contents of the chapter? Explain the different meanings.
Essay Topic 2
Explain why Bart feels inferior to Jory. How does this determine Bart's behavior around Jory? In what ways are Bart's feelings justified? In what ways are they not justified? Give examples
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast characters. Who share the most similarities? Who share the most contrast? How do contrasting characters clash in the novel? What are interactions like between similar characters? Cite examples.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)