|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bart stealing from his mom shortly after her accident?
2. Which day does Bart say is the best of the week?
3. Where does Bart discover Clover's body?
4. What is the name of Bart's second psychiatrist?
5. What is Bart's strategy with his first psychiatrist?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the intricacies of and history behind Chris and Cathy's relationship. Why is their relationship so secretive? Do they see their relationship the way the world does? How do they justify it to themselves and to their children? What effect does this relationship have on their family?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the few of Bart's thoughts from his narration that have a profound and surprising insight. What is he referring to when he thinks it? What broader meanings do these thoughts have, and how do they apply to the novel as a whole?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Bart's obsession with death. Does he really desire death? Does he want his mother to die? Does he wish for Apple's death? What does the idea of death mean to Bart?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)