|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Corinne say her doctors released her?
2. What role does Cathy tell Chris she is performing for the ballet?
3. What reason does the old woman give to Jory for why she doesn't open the drapes in her windows?
4. What is Bart's strategy with his first psychiatrist?
5. In Tales of Evil, the old woman asks Jory if he could forgive his parents for _________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the mood of certain settings. Explain how this mood is proved or justified in the story, giving examples. What descriptive phrases establish the mood? How does mood enhance the reader's understanding?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the intricacies of and history behind Chris and Cathy's relationship. Why is their relationship so secretive? Do they see their relationship the way the world does? How do they justify it to themselves and to their children? What effect does this relationship have on their family?
Essay Topic 3
Recognize a theme in the novel. Which scenes exemplify the theme? What other themes can be found? Which characters are used to demonstrate theme?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)