|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bart say his real father died?
2. Which day does Bart say is the best of the week?
3. As Bart is waiting to die under the shrubs, who's problems does he think he is he solving?
4. What causes Cathy's fall during a series of pirouettes?
5. What do Cathy's doctors confine her to after her accident?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define John Amos's role in the novel. Why does he act as his wife's butler? Why does he revere Malcolm Foxworth? How does he manipulate situations to better serve his purposes?
Essay Topic 2
Explain why Bart feels inferior to Jory. How does this determine Bart's behavior around Jory? In what ways are Bart's feelings justified? In what ways are they not justified? Give examples
Essay Topic 3
Describe the intricacies of and history behind Chris and Cathy's relationship. Why is their relationship so secretive? Do they see their relationship the way the world does? How do they justify it to themselves and to their children? What effect does this relationship have on their family?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)