|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Now that Cathy cannot dance, what does she consume her time with?
2. What is the psychiatrist's name that Cathy and Chris first send Bart to?
3. What does Chris call the old woman next door after he meets her?
4. When conversing with Bart, why does John Amos say Cathy is writing her book?
5. Where was the mountain cottage Jory remembers living in with his mother when he was three?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why Bart feels inferior to Jory. How does this determine Bart's behavior around Jory? In what ways are Bart's feelings justified? In what ways are they not justified? Give examples
Essay Topic 2
Describe the author's method of conveying information to the reader. Cite examples. Who is better informed, the reader or the narrator? How does the author's method of conveying information further the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Define John Amos's role in the novel. Why does he act as his wife's butler? Why does he revere Malcolm Foxworth? How does he manipulate situations to better serve his purposes?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)