Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the boys first see the rich woman next door, what color is she wearing?
2. Whose life does Cathy say she might have saved the only time she'd been right?
3. In the chapter titled Shadows, Bart thinks pretending to be an _________ is tiring.
4. What food does Bart's pet refuse to eat when Bart first tries to feed him?
5. What does Jory overhear his mother calling Chris in the chapter titled Sugar and Spice?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Madame Marisha's questions, when she first arrives, make Cathy uncomfortable?
2. What does Bart believe will happen to him if he reads the journal that was given to him?
3. How does Jory find Apple when he checks on him during Bart's hospitalization?
4. Describe John Amos.
5. What is Cathy most concerned about as she is wheeled to an ambulance?
6. What does Bart discover about Chris during and after his hospital stay?
7. What does Corrine say she wants during her first confrontation with Chris?
8. What earthy pleasures does Malcolm describe doing in his journal?
9. Why does Jory agree not to tell his parents about Apple?
10. How has John Amos prepared to incriminate Bart for his mother's and grandmother's deaths?
Essay Topic 1
What makes Bart a target for John Amos and Corrine? What are Bart's vulnerabilities that work to his detriment with John Amos? What effects do John Amos's and Corrine's interferences have on Bart?
Essay Topic 2
Explain why Bart needs the most attention from his mother. Give examples of how this need presents itself. How does Bart fight this need for his mother? What substitutes does he use for her attention?
Essay Topic 3
Bart's initial duality multiplies with John Amos's coaching. How does Bart's skill at make-believe add to his confusion? Is Malcolm's personality a pretense for Bart? Which personality dominates in the last three chapters? Explain how John Amos' coaching has permanently affected Bart
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)