|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chris throw out of the attic windows in the chapter titled Jory?
2. Jory thinks that no one should be given more attention than _____.
3. What does Chris worry about adopting a child when Cathy reveals that she's already had the papers signed?
4. What does Bart hate visiting when his family vacations in the East?
5. Where does the first interaction between Chris and Cathy happen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chris explain to Corrine that Bart does to make up for being unskilled?
2. What is Cathy most concerned about as she is wheeled to an ambulance?
3. Describe Bart.
4. What does Bart discover about Chris during and after his hospital stay?
5. What kind of dreams does Bart have about his mother?
6. What does Corrine say she wants during her first confrontation with Chris?
7. What does the rich woman from next door look like?
8. How does Jory find Apple when he checks on him during Bart's hospitalization?
9. What does John Amos teach Bart during their first lesson?
10. How does Bart's knee get infected?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how each chapter title relates to the material in the chapter. What purpose do the chapter titles serve? How do they aid in telling of the story? Which ones have more than one meaning for the contents of the chapter? Explain the different meanings.
Essay Topic 2
Explain why Bart feels inferior to Jory. How does this determine Bart's behavior around Jory? In what ways are Bart's feelings justified? In what ways are they not justified? Give examples
Essay Topic 3
Plot out the cycle of abuses in the Foxworth family and how these abuses perpetuate more. How are the different characters affected? Is the cycle ended? How can it end? What different forms does the abuse take?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)