|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cindy is Jory's _______.
(a) Dance partner.
2. During their attic scene, how old does Chris say Cathy was when he knew her?
(a) Thirty two.
(b) Twenty seven.
3. What name does Jory hear the rich woman cry, when he climbs the oak tree after crying under a statue?
4. Who tells Bart his real father's name?
(a) John Amos.
(b) The rich woman.
5. How old does Bart tell his grandmother he'll be turning on his next birthday?
Short Answer Questions
1. In My Heart's Desire, what does John Amos tell Bart being clever is?
2. What is the name of Cathy's injured ballet student?
3. When one of Cathy's ballet students is injured in a car accident, what does Cathy beg Chris to do?
4. What is the narrator in the prologue sitting by?
5. Who is Cathy's third husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Corrine say she wants during her first confrontation with Chris?
2. Why is Jory upset by what he overhears between Madame Marisha and Cathy in the chapter titled The Terrible Truth?
3. What happens to Bart in the hospital?
4. What does Bart do when Cindy is playing alone in her sandbox?
5. What is Bart doing with Cathy's manuscript?
6. What is Bart imagining when he is hidden in the garden with his painful, infected knee?
7. Describe the conditions of Corrine and Cathy's imprisonment.
8. Describe Bart's experience with the two baby chicks when he was four years old.
9. Describe Malcolm's encounter with Violet Blue from his journal.
10. How does Bart attack Cindy in her pool?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)