|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the rich woman hiding beneath her veil?
(b) Oxygen mask.
2. In My Heart's Desire, what does John Amos whisper of when he leads Bart to his cubby-hole?
(a) Snake bites.
(b) Corruptible youth.
(d) Rose thorns.
3. In the chapter titled Shadows, Bart thinks pretending to be an _________ is tiring.
(a) Old man.
4. Cindy is Jory's _______.
(b) Dance partner.
5. Which state does Jory's family visit every year?
(a) South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What food does Bart's pet refuse to eat when Bart first tries to feed him?
2. What do Jory and Bart plant to honor Uncle Cory's and Aunt Carrie's birthday?
3. In the beginning of the novel, in the attic, Chris assures Cathy that _______ is dead.
4. What does Bart take from Jory's garden and place into his?
5. What does Chris worry about adopting a child when Cathy reveals that she's already had the papers signed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Jory's memories of Madame Marisha.
2. Describe what Chris and Jory see when they find Cathy in the attic in the first chapter.
3. Bart compares his part of the garden to Jory's. Explain what he sees.
4. What does Bart believe will happen to him if he reads the journal that was given to him?
5. How does Corrine attempt to hide her identity from Chris when he first confronts her?
6. Why do Madame Marisha's questions, when she first arrives, make Cathy uncomfortable?
7. How does Chris try to mend his relationship with Jory, after Jory discovers his secret?
8. Describe Malcolm's encounter with Violet Blue from his journal.
9. Why does Bart's grandmother tell Bart never to run away from his parents?
10. Describe Bart's experience with the two baby chicks when he was four years old.
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)