|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In My Heart's Desire, what does John Amos whisper of when he leads Bart to his cubby-hole?
(a) Corruptible youth.
(b) Rose thorns.
(d) Snake bites.
2. What dance moves does Cathy do around Chris after he discovers her in the attic?
3. When Jory is trapped in the attic, watching his parents, what does he feel ashamed for doing?
(c) Crushing a paper flower.
(d) Urinating in his pants.
4. Who does Cindy remind Cathy of?
5. Who is Cathy's third husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Cathy's school?
2. Where does the first interaction between Chris and Cathy happen?
3. What is the rich woman hiding beneath her veil?
4. What is Bart told his "real" father's name is?
5. What is the name of Cathy's injured ballet student?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Madame Marisha's concerns about Chris and Cathy's living arrangement.
2. What happens to Bart in the hospital?
3. What does the rich woman offer Bart when he first comes to visit her?
4. How does Jory feel about Chris once they reconcile over the family secret?
5. Bart compares his part of the garden to Jory's. Explain what he sees.
6. Describe Bart in the last three chapters.
7. What does Bart do when Cindy is playing alone in her sandbox?
8. Why is Cathy so concerned over her injured ballet student?
9. What is on the oil painting that the old woman next door shows to Jory?
10. How does Jory feel about Chris through the majority of the novel?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)