|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jory's father?
2. When Chris is in the attic with Cathy and Jory, what does he say has been burned to the ground?
(a) Clairmont Court.
(b) Foxworth Hall.
(d) Greenglenna Estate.
3. What does Bart's birth defect prevent him from doing?
(a) Wiggling his pinky.
(b) Hearing in his left ear.
(c) Feeling pain.
(d) Having emotions.
4. In Malcolm's journal, Malcolm's father has him strip naked, whips him, and then locks him in the attic for what offense?
(a) Shredding his mother's old corsets.
(b) Hiding when his father called for him.
(c) Smoking his father's tobacco.
(d) Destroying his mother's childhood pictures.
5. Cindy is Jory's _______.
(d) Dance partner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Jory's family's one servant?
2. When Jory is eavesdropping on his parents' argument downstairs, Cathy asks Chris if she reminds him of _______.
3. When Cathy and Chris are arguing in the chapter titled Sugar and Spice, who does Cathy say she took Bart from?
4. In My Heart's Desire, what does John Amos tell Bart being clever is?
5. How old does Bart tell his grandmother he'll be turning on his next birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Chris and Jory see when they find Cathy in the attic in the first chapter.
2. How does Bart first react to the puppy his grandmother gives him?
3. Describe Malcolm's encounter with Violet Blue from his journal.
4. Describe Cathy's first encounter with Corrine.
5. How does Bart's knee get infected?
6. What happens to Bart in the hospital?
7. How does Corrine attempt to hide her identity from Chris when he first confronts her?
8. Under what conditions does Jory find Apple when he notices the dog has not barked to announce Jory's presence?
9. Describe Bart's experience with the two baby chicks when he was four years old.
10. In Sugar and Spice, what has Cathy done without first conferring with Chris?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)