|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In My Heart's Desire, what does John Amos whisper of when he leads Bart to his cubby-hole?
(b) Corruptible youth.
(c) Rose thorns.
(d) Snake bites.
2. According to John Amos, "_____ is what women use to make men weak."
3. What pieces of furniture does Chris see in the attic that upsets him?
(a) Wooden chests.
(b) Twin beds.
(d) Table lamps.
4. What is the narrator in the prologue sitting by?
(a) A window in the mansion.
(b) The wall.
(c) Paul's statues.
(d) Rose bushes.
5. Who does Bart's grandmother tell Bart to stay away from in My Heart's Desire?
(c) John Amos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Cathy's attorney?
2. What is the name of Cathy's injured ballet student?
3. In My Heart's Desire, what does John Amos tell Bart being clever is?
4. What does Chris throw out of the attic windows in the chapter titled Jory?
5. What does Chris worry about adopting a child when Cathy reveals that she's already had the papers signed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jory feel about Chris once they reconcile over the family secret?
2. Describe Malcolm's encounter with Violet Blue from his journal.
3. According to the journal, why did Malcolm distrust women?
4. What is on the oil painting that the old woman next door shows to Jory?
5. Describe Jory's memories of Madame Marisha.
6. Bart compares his part of the garden to Jory's. Explain what he sees.
7. What happens to the ballet after Cathy falls?
8. What does the rich woman from next door look like?
9. What kind of dreams does Bart have about his mother?
10. How does Jory find Apple when he checks on him during Bart's hospitalization?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)