|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the boys first see the rich woman next door, what color is she wearing?
2. What is the rich woman hiding beneath her veil?
(d) Oxygen mask.
3. When Jory is eavesdropping on his parents' argument downstairs, Cathy asks Chris if she reminds him of _______.
(c) Madame Marisha.
4. What does Chris throw out of the attic windows in the chapter titled Jory?
(a) Picnic hamper.
(c) Shreds of an old photo.
(d) Paper flowers.
5. When Bart's grandmother promises Bart his heart's desire as she rocks him in her rocking chair, what uncharacteristic thing does Bart suddenly want?
(a) A puppy pony.
(b) Piles of money.
(c) A walking cane.
(d) A trip to Disneyland.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jory comes home from ballet class early to speak with Bart, who does Jory find Bart with?
2. In the first chapter, what leads Chris and Jory upstairs?
3. Who does Bart's grandmother tell Bart to stay away from in My Heart's Desire?
4. According to John Amos, "_____ is what women use to make men weak."
5. What does Bart take from Jory's garden and place into his?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Bart upset with Apple after he returns home from the hospital?
2. How has John Amos prepared to incriminate Bart for his mother's and grandmother's deaths?
3. What is Cathy most concerned about as she is wheeled to an ambulance?
4. What kind of dreams does Bart have about his mother?
5. Describe what Chris and Jory see when they find Cathy in the attic in the first chapter.
6. Why does Jory agree not to tell his parents about Apple?
7. What does Chris explain to Corrine that Bart does to make up for being unskilled?
8. Describe Bart in the last three chapters.
9. What does Chris help Cathy do when she learns she can never dance again?
10. Why does Bart prefer Apple over Clover?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)