|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jory is trapped in the attic, watching his parents, what does he feel ashamed for doing?
(a) Crushing a paper flower.
(d) Urinating in his pants.
2. What gift from his grandmother does Bart find waiting for him in the barn?
(a) Miniature poodle.
(b) Shetland pony.
(c) Calico kitten.
(d) St. Bernard puppy.
3. In My Heart's Desire, what does John Amos tell Bart being clever is?
(a) Swiping their treasures from under their noses.
(b) Knowing nothing is ever enough.
(c) Getting away with a deception.
(d) Not letting people suspect how smart you are.
4. Where does Bart's grandmother tell him her son ran away to in the chapter, My Heart's Desire?
5. What do Jory and Bart plant to honor Uncle Cory's and Aunt Carrie's birthday?
Short Answer Questions
1. Cindy is Jory's _______.
2. When the mansion was abandoned what would Bart and Jory try to save by opening the mansion doors?
3. What did Bart accidentally kill by squeezing too tight?
4. According to John Amos, "_____ is what women use to make men weak."
5. What does Bart's birth defect prevent him from doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Madame Marisha's concerns about Chris and Cathy's living arrangement.
2. What kind of dreams does Bart have about his mother?
3. Why is Cathy so concerned over her injured ballet student?
4. How does Chris try to mend his relationship with Jory, after Jory discovers his secret?
5. How does Bart react to the news that Cindy is his new sister?
6. What is Cathy most concerned about as she is wheeled to an ambulance?
7. What is Cathy writing about?
8. What does Chris help Cathy do when she learns she can never dance again?
9. How does Bart's first psychiatrist describe Bart to his parents?
10. Describe Madame Marisha.
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)