|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first chapter, what leads Chris and Jory upstairs?
(a) Trapped bird.
(c) Glass breaking.
(d) Ballet music.
2. What gift from his grandmother does Bart find waiting for him in the barn?
(a) Shetland pony.
(b) St. Bernard puppy.
(c) Calico kitten.
(d) Miniature poodle.
3. When Chris is in the attic with Cathy and Jory, what does he say has been burned to the ground?
(b) Greenglenna Estate.
(c) Foxworth Hall.
(d) Clairmont Court.
4. What is the name of Cathy's school?
(a) Madame Marquet's Ballet Gym.
(b) Marie Dubois School of Ballet.
(c) Sheffield Academy of Dance.
(d) Winslow Ballet.
5. Where does the first interaction between Chris and Cathy happen?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose life does Cathy say she might have saved the only time she'd been right?
2. Who does Bart's grandmother tell Bart to stay away from in My Heart's Desire?
3. When remembering her wedding with Paul, what does Cathy say the minister had to urge Chris to do?
4. What pieces of furniture does Chris see in the attic that upsets him?
5. When Jory is eavesdropping on his parents' argument downstairs, Cathy asks Chris if she reminds him of _______.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bart.
2. How has John Amos prepared to incriminate Bart for his mother's and grandmother's deaths?
3. How does Bart describe the death of his real father to Jory?
4. How does Bart react to the news that Cindy is his new sister?
5. Describe Malcolm's encounter with Violet Blue from his journal.
6. How does Jory find Apple when he checks on him during Bart's hospitalization?
7. What earthy pleasures does Malcolm describe doing in his journal?
8. What does Jory notice about his parents when he considers what his teacher said about likes being attracted to one another more than opposites?
9. What does Corrine say she wants during her first confrontation with Chris?
10. Describe the conditions of Corrine and Cathy's imprisonment.
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)