|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bart's grandmother tell him her son ran away to in the chapter, My Heart's Desire?
2. Cindy is Jory's _______.
(a) Dance partner.
3. In My Heart's Desire, what does John Amos whisper of when he leads Bart to his cubby-hole?
(a) Corruptible youth.
(c) Rose thorns.
(d) Snake bites.
4. When Bart's grandmother pokes her head over the wall to remind him to feed his pet, what does she find him over?
(b) Planks for a dog house.
(c) Dead kitten.
(d) Fish pond.
5. When Cathy and Chris are arguing in the chapter titled Sugar and Spice, who does Cathy say she took Bart from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift from his grandmother does Bart find waiting for him in the barn?
2. What is the name of Cathy's attorney?
3. Who does Bart's grandmother tell Bart to stay away from in My Heart's Desire?
4. What is Bart offered instead of a pony?
5. What does Bart say when he meets Cindy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Cathy writing about?
2. How does Bart first react to the puppy his grandmother gives him?
3. Why does Jory agree not to tell his parents about Apple?
4. Bart compares his part of the garden to Jory's. Explain what he sees.
5. How does Jory find Apple when he checks on him during Bart's hospitalization?
6. Why do Madame Marisha's questions, when she first arrives, make Cathy uncomfortable?
7. Describe Jory.
8. What does Bart believe will happen to him if he reads the journal that was given to him?
9. What does Chris help Cathy do when she learns she can never dance again?
10. How does Bart's knee get infected?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)