|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jory thinks that no one should be given more attention than _____.
2. What food does Bart's pet refuse to eat when Bart first tries to feed him?
3. Where does the first interaction between Chris and Cathy happen?
4. While conversing with Cathy in the attic, what does Chris say "often leads to reality?"
(a) The subconscious.
(d) Wishful thinking.
5. How old does Bart tell his grandmother he'll be turning on his next birthday?
Short Answer Questions
1. After meeting with the old woman in the mansion for the first time, Jory thinks that two _____ are more than enough.
2. What dance moves does Cathy do around Chris after he discovers her in the attic?
3. Cindy is Jory's _______.
4. During their attic scene, how old does Chris say Cathy was when he knew her?
5. What is the name of Cathy's attorney?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bart prefer Apple over Clover?
2. What is Cathy most concerned about as she is wheeled to an ambulance?
3. What kind of dreams does Bart have about his mother?
4. Under what conditions does Jory find Apple when he notices the dog has not barked to announce Jory's presence?
5. What is Bart imagining when he is hidden in the garden with his painful, infected knee?
6. How does Bart get within hearing distance of Corrine and Chris's conversation in the mansion without being discovered?
7. Describe what Chris and Jory see when they find Cathy in the attic in the first chapter.
8. What does the rich woman from next door look like?
9. How does Jory feel about Chris once they reconcile over the family secret?
10. Describe the mansion when Bart and Jory explore it before it before the renovations.
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)