|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jory is trapped in the attic, watching his parents, what does he feel ashamed for doing?
(c) Urinating in his pants.
(d) Crushing a paper flower.
2. During their attic scene, how old does Chris say Cathy was when he knew her?
(b) Thirty two.
(d) Twenty seven.
3. What does Madame Marisha want Jory to call her in public?
4. Who does Bart's grandmother tell Bart to stay away from in My Heart's Desire?
(c) John Amos.
5. What is the name of Jory's family's one servant?
(b) John Amos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bart try to train his new pet to be?
2. When the mansion was abandoned what would Bart and Jory try to save by opening the mansion doors?
3. When remembering her wedding with Paul, what does Cathy say the minister had to urge Chris to do?
4. What food does Bart's pet refuse to eat when Bart first tries to feed him?
5. What is Bart told his "real" father's name is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does John Amos teach Bart during their first lesson?
2. What does Bart believe will happen to him if he reads the journal that was given to him?
3. What does Jory notice about his parents when he considers what his teacher said about likes being attracted to one another more than opposites?
4. Describe Madame Marisha.
5. Describe Malcolm's encounter with Violet Blue from his journal.
6. How does Bart attack Cindy in her pool?
7. How does Bart describe the death of his real father to Jory?
8. What does the rich woman from next door look like?
9. According to the journal, why did Malcolm distrust women?
10. Why is Jory upset by what he overhears between Madame Marisha and Cathy in the chapter titled The Terrible Truth?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)