|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Jory hear the rich woman cry, when he climbs the oak tree after crying under a statue?
2. What is the name of Cathy's attorney?
(a) Jules Foxworth.
(b) Simon Daughtry.
(c) Richard Blackguard.
(d) Damien Winter.
3. In My Heart's Desire, what does John Amos tell Bart being clever is?
(a) Swiping their treasures from under their noses.
(b) Getting away with a deception.
(c) Not letting people suspect how smart you are.
(d) Knowing nothing is ever enough.
4. What did Bart accidentally kill by squeezing too tight?
5. Jory thinks that no one should be given more attention than _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Cathy's injured ballet student?
2. In My Heart's Desire, what does John Amos whisper of when he leads Bart to his cubby-hole?
3. What does Bart hate visiting when his family vacations in the East?
4. When Jory runs into the garden after overhearing his parents' argument, what statue does he cry under?
5. What color is Cathy's skimpy halter-top that she wears, to Bart's disapproval, while pushing Cindy in a baby swing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bart describe the death of his real father to Jory?
2. What is Cathy most concerned about as she is wheeled to an ambulance?
3. Why do Madame Marisha's questions, when she first arrives, make Cathy uncomfortable?
4. What happens to the ballet after Cathy falls?
5. What happens to Bart in the hospital?
6. Describe Cathy's first encounter with Corrine.
7. What does Bart do when Cindy is playing alone in her sandbox?
8. Describe Jory's memories of Madame Marisha.
9. What does the rich woman from next door look like?
10. Why does Bart prefer Apple over Clover?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)