|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bart dream is leaving him?
(c) His grandmother.
2. What is Bart offered instead of a pony?
(a) St. Bernard.
(c) Persian cat.
3. Who tells Bart his real father's name?
(c) The rich woman.
(d) John Amos.
4. In the first chapter, what leads Chris and Jory upstairs?
(a) Trapped bird.
(b) Ballet music.
(c) Glass breaking.
5. In the beginning of the novel, in the attic, Chris assures Cathy that _______ is dead.
(b) The grandmother.
(c) The butler.
(d) Madame Marisha.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jory think any girl he will ever love will have?
2. Jory thinks that no one should be given more attention than _____.
3. What food does Bart's pet refuse to eat when Bart first tries to feed him?
4. Who is Jory's father?
5. What is the Sheffield's pet dog named?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe John Amos.
2. Describe Madame Marisha's concerns about Chris and Cathy's living arrangement.
3. What kind of dreams does Bart have about his mother?
4. What does Bart do when Cindy is playing alone in her sandbox?
5. Why does Bart's grandmother tell Bart never to run away from his parents?
6. Describe Bart in the last three chapters.
7. Describe Madame Marisha.
8. What does Jory notice about his parents when he considers what his teacher said about likes being attracted to one another more than opposites?
9. How has John Amos prepared to incriminate Bart for his mother's and grandmother's deaths?
10. What is Bart doing with Cathy's manuscript?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)