|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cindy remind Cathy of?
2. Who invites Bart to the mansion first?
(a) John Amos.
(b) The rich woman.
3. When Jory comes home from ballet class early to speak with Bart, who does Jory find Bart with?
(a) The rich woman.
(b) John Amos.
4. What is the name of Cathy's attorney?
(a) Jules Foxworth.
(b) Simon Daughtry.
(c) Damien Winter.
(d) Richard Blackguard.
5. Whose life does Cathy say she might have saved the only time she'd been right?
Short Answer Questions
1. When one of Cathy's ballet students is injured in a car accident, what does Cathy beg Chris to do?
2. What name does Jory hear the rich woman cry, when he climbs the oak tree after crying under a statue?
3. In the first chapter, what leads Chris and Jory upstairs?
4. What did Bart accidentally kill by squeezing too tight?
5. When the mansion is under renovation, who tells the boys to stay off the wall?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Corrine say she wants during her first confrontation with Chris?
2. What is Bart imagining when he is hidden in the garden with his painful, infected knee?
3. How does Bart get within hearing distance of Corrine and Chris's conversation in the mansion without being discovered?
4. What does John Amos teach Bart during their first lesson?
5. Describe the mansion when Bart and Jory explore it before it before the renovations.
6. Describe the conditions of Corrine and Cathy's imprisonment.
7. What is Cathy writing about?
8. What is Bart doing with Cathy's manuscript?
9. Describe Bart in the last three chapters.
10. What has Jory been told of his mother's past?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)