|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jory think any girl he will ever love will have?
(a) Sharp wit.
(b) Blue eyes.
(c) Blond hair.
(d) Dancer silhouette.
2. What does Jory overhear his mother calling Chris in the chapter titled Sugar and Spice?
(a) Corey Winslow.
(b) Christopher Doll.
(c) Master manipulator.
3. What name does Jory hear the rich woman cry, when he climbs the oak tree after crying under a statue?
4. When Jory has to ride the bus home from school, what does he hide in the ravine?
(b) Ballet shoes.
5. Where does the first interaction between Chris and Cathy happen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Sheffield's pet dog named?
2. What gift from his grandmother does Bart find waiting for him in the barn?
3. What does Chris throw out of the attic windows in the chapter titled Jory?
4. What is the name of Jory's family's one servant?
5. Whose life does Cathy say she might have saved the only time she'd been right?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Malcolm's encounter with Violet Blue from his journal.
2. How does Jory find Apple when he checks on him during Bart's hospitalization?
3. What does John Amos teach Bart during their first lesson?
4. How does Bart get within hearing distance of Corrine and Chris's conversation in the mansion without being discovered?
5. What does Corrine say she wants during her first confrontation with Chris?
6. How does Bart's knee get infected?
7. How does Jory feel about Chris through the majority of the novel?
8. How does Bart describe the death of his real father to Jory?
9. Describe Jory's memories of Madame Marisha.
10. What is Bart doing with Cathy's manuscript?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)