|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After meeting with the old woman in the mansion for the first time, Jory thinks that two _____ are more than enough.
(a) Elderly Neighbors.
2. What is the Sheffield's pet dog named?
3. How old does Bart tell his grandmother he'll be turning on his next birthday?
4. What did Bart accidentally kill by squeezing too tight?
5. Where does the first interaction between Chris and Cathy happen?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jory thinks that no one should be given more attention than _____.
2. Where does Bart's grandmother tell him her son ran away to in the chapter, My Heart's Desire?
3. Who tells Bart his real father's name?
4. When Bart's grandmother pokes her head over the wall to remind him to feed his pet, what does she find him over?
5. Who does Jory think his parents show their most fervent side to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Cathy most concerned about as she is wheeled to an ambulance?
2. Describe Bart's experience with the two baby chicks when he was four years old.
3. How does Bart attack Cindy in her pool?
4. Bart compares his part of the garden to Jory's. Explain what he sees.
5. Describe Malcolm's encounter with Violet Blue from his journal.
6. How does Bart's knee get infected?
7. What does Bart believe will happen to him if he reads the journal that was given to him?
8. How does Jory feel about Chris through the majority of the novel?
9. Describe the conditions of Corrine and Cathy's imprisonment.
10. Describe what Chris and Jory see when they find Cathy in the attic in the first chapter.
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)