|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invites Bart to the mansion first?
(b) The rich woman.
(c) John Amos.
2. What does the rich woman tell Bart to call her?
(d) My Lady.
3. What is the name of Cathy's school?
(a) Sheffield Academy of Dance.
(b) Madame Marquet's Ballet Gym.
(c) Winslow Ballet.
(d) Marie Dubois School of Ballet.
4. When the boys first see the rich woman next door, what color is she wearing?
5. In My Heart's Desire, what does John Amos whisper of when he leads Bart to his cubby-hole?
(a) Corruptible youth.
(b) Snake bites.
(c) Rose thorns.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to John Amos, "_____ is what women use to make men weak."
2. When the mansion was abandoned what would Bart and Jory try to save by opening the mansion doors?
3. What is the name of the man Jory begins to remember from before Daddy Paul?
4. What does Bart try to train his new pet to be?
5. What does Chris worry about adopting a child when Cathy reveals that she's already had the papers signed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What earthy pleasures does Malcolm describe doing in his journal?
2. How does Jory feel about Chris through the majority of the novel?
3. What does John Amos teach Bart during their first lesson?
4. What is Cathy most concerned about as she is wheeled to an ambulance?
5. Under what conditions does Jory find Apple when he notices the dog has not barked to announce Jory's presence?
6. How does Jory feel about Chris once they reconcile over the family secret?
7. Describe Bart in the last three chapters.
8. How has John Amos prepared to incriminate Bart for his mother's and grandmother's deaths?
9. Describe the conditions of Corrine and Cathy's imprisonment.
10. Describe Bart's experience with the two baby chicks when he was four years old.
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)