|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the first interaction between Chris and Cathy happen?
2. Jory thinks that no one should be given more attention than _____.
3. When Jory is eavesdropping on his parents' argument downstairs, Cathy asks Chris if she reminds him of _______.
(a) Madame Marisha.
4. Who does Jory think his parents show their most fervent side to?
(a) Their friends.
(b) Each other.
(c) Madame Marisha.
(d) Their children.
5. What does Chris throw out of the attic windows in the chapter titled Jory?
(a) Paper flowers.
(b) Picnic hamper.
(c) Shreds of an old photo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose life does Cathy say she might have saved the only time she'd been right?
2. What does Bart say when he meets Cindy?
3. In My Heart's Desire, what does John Amos tell Bart being clever is?
4. When Chris is in the attic with Cathy and Jory, what does he say has been burned to the ground?
5. At the beginning of the chapter called My Heart's Desire, Bart says that Cindy is wicked for what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bart imagining when he is hidden in the garden with his painful, infected knee?
2. Describe what Chris and Jory see when they find Cathy in the attic in the first chapter.
3. What does the rich woman from next door look like?
4. How does Bart attack Cindy in her pool?
5. What has Jory been told of his mother's past?
6. Describe Bart.
7. What does Bart do with Cindy once they return from the mansion together without Cathy?
8. How does Bart react to the news that Cindy is his new sister?
9. According to the journal, why did Malcolm distrust women?
10. How does Bart get within hearing distance of Corrine and Chris's conversation in the mansion without being discovered?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)