|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bart dream is leaving him?
(c) His grandmother.
2. What does Jory think any girl he will ever love will have?
(a) Blond hair.
(b) Blue eyes.
(c) Sharp wit.
(d) Dancer silhouette.
3. When the boys first see the rich woman next door, what color is she wearing?
4. What is the name of Cathy's injured ballet student?
5. What does the rich woman tell Bart to call her?
(a) My Lady.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jory think his parents show their most fervent side to?
2. Who is Jory's father?
3. Which state does Jory's family visit every year?
4. What is Bart pretending to be when he first meets the rich woman?
5. What is the name of Cathy's school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bart get within hearing distance of Corrine and Chris's conversation in the mansion without being discovered?
2. Why does Bart prefer Apple over Clover?
3. Describe Malcolm's encounter with Violet Blue from his journal.
4. What does John Amos teach Bart during their first lesson?
5. Describe Madame Marisha's concerns about Chris and Cathy's living arrangement.
6. In Sugar and Spice, what has Cathy done without first conferring with Chris?
7. What does Bart discover about Chris during and after his hospital stay?
8. How does Bart react to the news that Cindy is his new sister?
9. What is on the oil painting that the old woman next door shows to Jory?
10. How does Jory feel about Chris through the majority of the novel?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)