|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which state does Jory's family visit every year?
(a) South Carolina.
2. When the mansion was abandoned what would Bart and Jory try to save by opening the mansion doors?
(a) Mouse babies.
(b) Bottle caps.
(c) House plants.
3. Whose life does Cathy say she might have saved the only time she'd been right?
4. What did Bart accidentally kill by squeezing too tight?
5. When the boys first see the rich woman next door, what color is she wearing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jory overhear his mother calling Chris in the chapter titled Sugar and Spice?
2. When remembering her wedding with Paul, what does Cathy say the minister had to urge Chris to do?
3. When Jory runs into the garden after overhearing his parents' argument, what statue does he cry under?
4. Where does the first interaction between Chris and Cathy happen?
5. Who is Cathy's third husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Cathy so concerned over her injured ballet student?
2. What does Bart discover about Chris during and after his hospital stay?
3. Why is Jory upset by what he overhears between Madame Marisha and Cathy in the chapter titled The Terrible Truth?
4. How has John Amos prepared to incriminate Bart for his mother's and grandmother's deaths?
5. Why is Bart upset with Apple after he returns home from the hospital?
6. What does Bart believe will happen to him if he reads the journal that was given to him?
7. Why does Bart's grandmother tell Bart never to run away from his parents?
8. How does Bart get within hearing distance of Corrine and Chris's conversation in the mansion without being discovered?
9. What kind of dreams does Bart have about his mother?
10. Bart compares his part of the garden to Jory's. Explain what he sees.
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)