|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When conversing with Bart, why does John Amos say Cathy is writing her book?
(a) To reveal the evil of her mother.
(b) To tell Bart how to solve his problems.
(c) To confess her crime.
(d) Because of womanly weakness.
2. During their second confrontation, Corinne asks Chris if he loves Cathy as a man loves a _______.
3. What role does Cathy tell Chris she is performing for the ballet?
(c) Mechanical doll.
4. The old woman tells Jory the first man she married was ________ to her.
5. In Wounds of War, which two people is Bart referring to when he says, "He looks at her mean. She looks at him scared?"
(a) John Amos and the old woman.
(b) Chris and Cathy.
(c) Chris and the old woman.
(d) John Amos and Cathy.
6. What game does Bart tell Cindy they're playing when he cuts off her hair?
(a) Scalpin' Indians.
(c) Beauty parlor.
(d) Dress up.
7. What does Jory find in Apple after the first confrontation between Chris and Corinne?
(a) Pick ax.
(c) Barbed wire.
8. Who does Corinne want to take as her own?
9. After Jory tells Bart that Clover is missing, what does Bart claim to have shot in the eye?
(c) John Amos.
10. What second role does Cathy dance for in the ballet that she does not tell Chris about?
(b) Mechanical doll.
11. Just before Corinne rocks Bart to sleep singing him a lullaby in Honor Thy Mother, what does Bart say Corinne used to smell of?
12. Why does Bart punish Apple after he returns from the hospital?
(a) Apple cowers.
(b) Apple isn't excited to see him.
(c) Apple is alive.
(d) Apple growls at him.
13. In the Horns of Dilemma, what does Bart talk about to Cathy that she finds disturbing?
(a) His father, the handsome lawyer.
(b) A mansion burning to the ground.
(c) Her mother at a Christmas party.
(d) A boy in an attic.
14. In Gathering Darkness, what does Chris use to coax Bart out of bed?
(a) Ant terrarium.
(b) Fish hatching.
(c) Chicken legs.
(d) Lemon pie.
15. What do Cathy's doctors confine her to after her accident?
(d) Mental-health wing.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Corinne say her doctors released her?
2. What does Malcolm's journal say he took pleasure in beating?
3. Feeling pain makes Bart feel like he isn't a _______.
4. Which day does Bart say is the best of the week?
5. What favorite food does Bart reject when he comes home from the hospital?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)