|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malcolm's journal say he took pleasure in beating?
2. What is Bart making for Clover?
(a) Dog house.
(b) Clay food bowl.
(c) Mud pie.
3. As Bart is waiting to die under the shrubs, who's problems does he think he is he solving?
(b) His grandmother's.
4. What was Cathy's dancing name?
(a) Catherine Winslow.
(b) Cathy Marquet.
(c) Katie Malcolm.
(d) Catherine Dahl.
5. Where does Bart discover Clover's body?
(a) The rich woman's rose bushes.
(b) Hollow tree.
(c) Fish pond.
(d) Apple's barn.
6. What second role does Cathy dance for in the ballet that she does not tell Chris about?
(b) Mechanical doll.
7. What does Cathy remember Madame Marisha saying she would have no life without?
8. The old woman tells Jory the first man she married was ________ to her.
9. Feeling pain makes Bart feel like he isn't a _______.
10. What role does Cathy tell Chris she is performing for the ballet?
(d) Mechanical doll.
11. What does Bart unintentionally injure his knee with?
(a) Sharp stone.
(b) Rusty nail.
(c) Pony cart.
12. What ballet are Cathy and Jory performing in?
(a) Don Quixote.
(b) The Nutcracker.
(c) Swan Lake.
13. Who finds Bart, injured, under the shrubs?
14. What does the psychiatrist tell Chris and Cathy that Bart seems programmed for?
(a) Self loathing.
(b) Jealous rages.
(d) A broad spectrum of prejudices.
15. What possession of Cathy's does Jory catch Bart deliberately breaking?
(a) Ballet points.
(b) Plaster mold of Bart and Jory's hands.
(c) Porcelain ballerina.
(d) China bowl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Just before Corinne rocks Bart to sleep singing him a lullaby in Honor Thy Mother, what does Bart say Corinne used to smell of?
2. In Gathering Darkness, what does Chris use to coax Bart out of bed?
3. What do Cathy's doctors confine her to after her accident?
4. What reason does the old woman give to Jory for why she doesn't open the drapes in her windows?
5. When confronting Corinne, Chris blames Bart's playacting on a lack of photographs of his __________?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)