|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cathy send Bart after he attacks Cindy in her pool?
(a) His room.
(d) Broom closet.
2. In Gathering Darkness, what does Chris use to coax Bart out of bed?
(a) Ant terrarium.
(b) Lemon pie.
(c) Fish hatching.
(d) Chicken legs.
3. In Homecoming, Bart, pretending to be Malcolm, demands toast and ________ for breakfast.
(a) Tobacco pipe.
(d) Apricot Marmalade.
4. What favorite food does Bart reject when he comes home from the hospital?
(a) Mashed potatoes.
(b) Short ribs.
(c) Strawberry shortcake.
(d) Apple pie.
5. Just before Corinne rocks Bart to sleep singing him a lullaby in Honor Thy Mother, what does Bart say Corinne used to smell of?
6. What was Cathy's dancing name?
(a) Catherine Winslow.
(b) Catherine Dahl.
(c) Katie Malcolm.
(d) Cathy Marquet.
7. Feeling pain makes Bart feel like he isn't a _______.
8. Where is Jory when he notices Clover is missing?
(b) The garden wall.
(c) Rodin statue.
9. In Wounds of War, which two people is Bart referring to when he says, "He looks at her mean. She looks at him scared?"
(a) John Amos and Cathy.
(b) John Amos and the old woman.
(c) Chris and Cathy.
(d) Chris and the old woman.
10. Whose hair does Malcolm write about cutting in his journal?
(a) Violet Blue's.
11. When Chris sneaks from the house to speak with Corinne a second time, what does John Amos order Bart to do?
(a) Report everything he hears.
(b) Read Malcolm's journal.
(c) Make a big scene.
(d) Bury Apples body.
12. What does Bart accuse Corinne of doing to Apple after he returns from the hospital?
(a) Selling him.
(b) Stealing him.
(c) Beating him.
(d) Starving him.
13. What does Chris call the old woman next door after he meets her?
(a) Sister Mary.
(b) Mrs. Malcolm.
14. Cathy removes her veil to show Chris what she did so she would no longer look like ________.
(a) John Amos.
15. What ballet are Cathy and Jory performing in?
(a) Don Quixote.
(b) The Nutcracker.
(c) Swan Lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weakness does Chris point out when trying to persuade Cathy not to dance in the ballet?
2. What second role does Cathy dance for in the ballet that she does not tell Chris about?
3. What is the name of Bart's second psychiatrist?
4. What reason does the old woman give to Jory for why she doesn't open the drapes in her windows?
5. Where does Bart discover Clover's body?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)