|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bart making for Clover?
(a) Mud pie.
(b) Clay food bowl.
(c) Dog house.
2. Where is Jory when he notices Clover is missing?
(a) Rodin statue.
(b) The garden wall.
3. What does Chris first recognize about the old woman next door?
(a) Her costly shoes.
(b) Her rings.
(c) Her blond hair.
(d) Her voice.
4. What does Chris call the old woman next door after he meets her?
(b) Sister Mary.
(d) Mrs. Malcolm.
5. When conversing with Bart, why does John Amos say Cathy is writing her book?
(a) To reveal the evil of her mother.
(b) To tell Bart how to solve his problems.
(c) To confess her crime.
(d) Because of womanly weakness.
6. Bart thinks that doctors are always seeing blood because they're always cutting into people. What blood is Chris noticing when Bart thinks this?
(a) Cindy's scraped knee.
(b) Bart's healing infection.
(c) Clover's dead body.
(d) Bart's bleeding lip.
7. What is Bart's strategy with his first psychiatrist?
(a) Say nothing.
(b) Repeat everything she says.
(c) Pretend to be Jory.
(d) Tell an indecipherable web of lies.
8. What does John Amos tell the old woman Bart has in his knee?
9. After Jory tells Bart that Clover is missing, what does Bart claim to have shot in the eye?
(b) John Amos.
10. In Homecoming, Bart, pretending to be Malcolm, demands toast and ________ for breakfast.
(a) Apricot Marmalade.
(d) Tobacco pipe.
11. What does Bart say to deter Emma from following through with her threat to spank him?
(a) He was digging in Apple's poop.
(b) He would cut up all of Cindy's clothes.
(c) He'd tell him mom.
(d) He'll kill her if she touches him.
12. During their second confrontation, Corinne asks Chris if he loves Cathy as a man loves a _______.
13. Feeling pain makes Bart feel like he isn't a _______.
14. What is John Amos's last name?
15. In Gathering Darkness, what does Chris use to coax Bart out of bed?
(a) Chicken legs.
(b) Fish hatching.
(c) Ant terrarium.
(d) Lemon pie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cathy send Bart after he attacks Cindy in her pool?
2. What ballet are Cathy and Jory performing in?
3. Why does Corinne admit to keeping John Amos around?
4. What weakness does Chris point out when trying to persuade Cathy not to dance in the ballet?
5. What is Bart pretending to be when he attacks Cindy in her pool?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)