|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Homecoming, Bart, pretending to be Malcolm, demands toast and ________ for breakfast.
(a) Apricot Marmalade.
(c) Tobacco pipe.
2. What is Bart pretending to be when he attacks Cindy in her pool?
3. What does Chris first recognize about the old woman next door?
(a) Her voice.
(b) Her costly shoes.
(c) Her rings.
(d) Her blond hair.
4. Cathy removes her veil to show Chris what she did so she would no longer look like ________.
(b) John Amos.
5. In Tales of Evil, what does Bart tell Jory he wants to capture and put in his pocket until it grows big?
6. What does Bart say he has bad genes from in the chapter titled Honor Thy Mother?
(a) Taking too long to be born.
(b) Coming second.
(d) Daddy Bart.
7. What is Bart stealing from his mom shortly after her accident?
(a) Her silver drop earrings.
(b) Her ballet slippers.
(c) Her love for Cindy.
(d) Sections of her manuscript.
8. In the Horns of Dilemma, what does Bart talk about to Cathy that she finds disturbing?
(a) Her mother at a Christmas party.
(b) His father, the handsome lawyer.
(c) A mansion burning to the ground.
(d) A boy in an attic.
9. What does Bart unintentionally injure his knee with?
(a) Sharp stone.
(c) Pony cart.
(d) Rusty nail.
10. What role does Cathy tell Chris she is performing for the ballet?
(c) Mechanical doll.
11. Where was the mountain cottage Jory remembers living in with his mother when he was three?
(a) South Carolina.
12. Who finds Bart, injured, under the shrubs?
13. What does Cathy choreograph for herself and Jory?
(a) Dramatic entrances.
(b) Pas de duex.
14. Why does Bart punish Apple after he returns from the hospital?
(a) Apple is alive.
(b) Apple cowers.
(c) Apple isn't excited to see him.
(d) Apple growls at him.
15. What was Cathy's dancing name?
(a) Katie Malcolm.
(b) Cathy Marquet.
(c) Catherine Dahl.
(d) Catherine Winslow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What date does Jory ask Emma to remember in Tales of Evil?
2. During their second confrontation, Corinne asks Chris if he loves Cathy as a man loves a _______.
3. What does Jory find in Apple after the first confrontation between Chris and Corinne?
4. Whose hair does Malcolm write about cutting in his journal?
5. Who does Corinne want to take as her own?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)