|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Tales of Evil, what does Bart tell Jory he wants to capture and put in his pocket until it grows big?
2. Who is Chris' father?
(b) Malcolm's half brother.
(c) John Amos.
(d) Paul Sheffield.
3. Where does Cathy send Bart after he attacks Cindy in her pool?
(a) His room.
(c) Broom closet.
4. Where was the mountain cottage Jory remembers living in with his mother when he was three?
(c) South Carolina.
5. Bart thinks that doctors are always seeing blood because they're always cutting into people. What blood is Chris noticing when Bart thinks this?
(a) Bart's healing infection.
(b) Bart's bleeding lip.
(c) Cindy's scraped knee.
(d) Clover's dead body.
6. Who did Malcolm love more than Olivia?
(d) Violet Blue.
7. What is Bart's strategy with his first psychiatrist?
(a) Say nothing.
(b) Repeat everything she says.
(c) Pretend to be Jory.
(d) Tell an indecipherable web of lies.
8. What does John Amos tell the old woman Bart has in his knee?
9. When Corinne asks for Chris's forgiveness when they first meet in the mansion, Why does Chris say he can't?
(a) Forgiveness is not his to give.
(b) He would be betraying Cathy.
(c) He is too ashamed of her.
(d) His life would cease to have meaning if he let go of his hate.
10. What does Bart accuse Corinne of doing to Apple after he returns from the hospital?
(a) Selling him.
(b) Beating him.
(c) Stealing him.
(d) Starving him.
11. Where does Bart discover Clover's body?
(a) Hollow tree.
(b) Fish pond.
(c) The rich woman's rose bushes.
(d) Apple's barn.
12. What does Jory find in Apple after the first confrontation between Chris and Corinne?
(b) Pick ax.
(c) Barbed wire.
13. What second role does Cathy dance for in the ballet that she does not tell Chris about?
(c) Mechanical doll.
14. After Jory tells Bart that Clover is missing, what does Bart claim to have shot in the eye?
(b) John Amos.
15. Who says, "conceived in fire, born in heat," to Bart about his birthday?
(a) John Amos.
(c) The old woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Corinne admit to keeping John Amos around?
2. What is Bart pretending to be when he attacks Cindy in her pool?
3. When conversing with Bart, why does John Amos say Cathy is writing her book?
4. Feeling pain makes Bart feel like he isn't a _______.
5. What game does Bart tell Cindy they're playing when he cuts off her hair?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)