|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the mountain cottage Jory remembers living in with his mother when he was three?
(a) South Carolina.
2. What does Bart say to deter Emma from following through with her threat to spank him?
(a) He'd tell him mom.
(b) He was digging in Apple's poop.
(c) He'll kill her if she touches him.
(d) He would cut up all of Cindy's clothes.
3. Which day does Bart say is the best of the week?
4. Now that Cathy cannot dance, what does she consume her time with?
(a) Helping Bart.
(b) Playing with Cindy.
(c) Writing a book.
5. Cathy removes her veil to show Chris what she did so she would no longer look like ________.
(b) John Amos.
6. The old woman tells Jory the first man she married was ________ to her.
7. When the old woman shows Jory an oil painting in her mansion, who does Jory think is in it?
8. After Bart shoves Cindy from Cathy's lap, Cathy calls him the child of her _________.
9. Who is Chris' father?
(a) Paul Sheffield.
(b) John Amos.
(d) Malcolm's half brother.
10. When conversing with Bart, why does John Amos say Cathy is writing her book?
(a) To reveal the evil of her mother.
(b) To tell Bart how to solve his problems.
(c) To confess her crime.
(d) Because of womanly weakness.
11. What was Cathy's dancing name?
(a) Cathy Marquet.
(b) Catherine Dahl.
(c) Catherine Winslow.
(d) Katie Malcolm.
12. What causes Cathy's fall during a series of pirouettes?
(a) Cindy's bald head.
(b) Loose ribbon.
(c) Bart's evil eye.
(d) Stray prop.
13. What favorite food does Bart reject when he comes home from the hospital?
(a) Short ribs.
(b) Apple pie.
(c) Strawberry shortcake.
(d) Mashed potatoes.
14. In Tales of Evil, the old woman asks Jory if he could forgive his parents for _________.
(a) Having another child.
(c) Abandoning him and his brother.
15. What does Chris call the old woman next door after he meets her?
(a) Sister Mary.
(b) Mrs. Malcolm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "conceived in fire, born in heat," to Bart about his birthday?
2. Who is coming to teach for Cathy at her school?
3. What possession of Cathy's does Jory catch Bart deliberately breaking?
4. Who does Corinne want to take as her own?
5. Who did Malcolm love more than Olivia?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)