|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What possession of Cathy's does Jory catch Bart deliberately breaking?
(a) Porcelain ballerina.
(b) Plaster mold of Bart and Jory's hands.
(c) Ballet points.
(d) China bowl.
2. What does Jory find twisted around Clover's neck?
(a) Leather belt.
3. Where does Cathy send Bart after he attacks Cindy in her pool?
(b) His room.
(c) Broom closet.
4. When Bart ties Apple to a cart, and pretends to be a cowboy, his grandmother joins his make-believe by pretending to be a _________?
(a) Prairie widow.
5. What reason does the old woman give to Jory for why she doesn't open the drapes in her windows?
(a) Windows frighten her.
(b) She feels safe in the darkness.
(c) She hasn't had the windows cleaned yet.
(d) The light hurts her eyes.
6. Who did Malcolm love more than Olivia?
(d) Violet Blue.
7. What does Cathy remember Madame Marisha saying she would have no life without?
8. What date does Jory ask Emma to remember in Tales of Evil?
(a) His grandpa's death.
(b) When Clover was given to him.
(c) Cathy and Paul's wedding.
(d) Chris graduated from medical school.
9. In Wounds of War, which two people is Bart referring to when he says, "He looks at her mean. She looks at him scared?"
(a) Chris and the old woman.
(b) John Amos and the old woman.
(c) John Amos and Cathy.
(d) Chris and Cathy.
10. What does Bart have an allergic reaction to in the hospital?
11. In Homecoming, Bart, pretending to be Malcolm, demands toast and ________ for breakfast.
(b) Tobacco pipe.
(d) Apricot Marmalade.
12. Who does Corinne want to take as her own?
13. What is Bart's strategy with his first psychiatrist?
(a) Say nothing.
(b) Tell an indecipherable web of lies.
(c) Pretend to be Jory.
(d) Repeat everything she says.
14. When the old woman shows Jory an oil painting in her mansion, who does Jory think is in it?
15. What role does Cathy tell Chris she is performing for the ballet?
(b) Mechanical doll.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bart accuse Corinne of doing to Apple after he returns from the hospital?
2. When confronting Corinne, Chris blames Bart's playacting on a lack of photographs of his __________?
3. What does John Amos tell the old woman Bart has in his knee?
4. Whose hair does Malcolm write about cutting in his journal?
5. When Chris sneaks from the house to speak with Corinne a second time, what does John Amos order Bart to do?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)