|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bart thinks that doctors are always seeing blood because they're always cutting into people. What blood is Chris noticing when Bart thinks this?
(a) Cindy's scraped knee.
(b) Clover's dead body.
(c) Bart's healing infection.
(d) Bart's bleeding lip.
2. What role does Cathy tell Chris she is performing for the ballet?
(b) Mechanical doll.
3. Where does Cathy send Bart after he attacks Cindy in her pool?
(a) His room.
(c) Broom closet.
4. In Gathering Darkness, what does Chris use to coax Bart out of bed?
(a) Chicken legs.
(b) Lemon pie.
(c) Fish hatching.
(d) Ant terrarium.
5. After Bart shoves Cindy from Cathy's lap, Cathy calls him the child of her _________.
6. When Bart ties Apple to a cart, and pretends to be a cowboy, his grandmother joins his make-believe by pretending to be a _________?
(d) Prairie widow.
7. What second role does Cathy dance for in the ballet that she does not tell Chris about?
(a) Mechanical doll.
8. Now that Cathy cannot dance, what does she consume her time with?
(b) Helping Bart.
(c) Playing with Cindy.
(d) Writing a book.
9. What weakness does Chris point out when trying to persuade Cathy not to dance in the ballet?
(a) Torn Achilles.
(b) Ruptured disc.
(c) Trick knee.
(d) Weak ankles.
10. During Chris and Corinne's first confrontation, how does Jory know Bart is in the room?
(b) He smells him.
(c) He hears sounds in the corner.
(d) Bart is never far from Corinne.
11. What is John Amos's last name?
12. In Wounds of War, which two people is Bart referring to when he says, "He looks at her mean. She looks at him scared?"
(a) John Amos and Cathy.
(b) John Amos and the old woman.
(c) Chris and Cathy.
(d) Chris and the old woman.
13. In Homecoming, Bart, pretending to be Malcolm, demands toast and ________ for breakfast.
(a) Tobacco pipe.
(c) Apricot Marmalade.
14. When Chris sneaks from the house to speak with Corinne a second time, what does John Amos order Bart to do?
(a) Bury Apples body.
(b) Make a big scene.
(c) Report everything he hears.
(d) Read Malcolm's journal.
15. What do Cathy's doctors confine her to after her accident?
(c) Mental-health wing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Tales of Evil, the old woman asks Jory if he could forgive his parents for _________.
2. What does Cathy choreograph for herself and Jory?
3. Why does Bart punish Apple after he returns from the hospital?
4. What does Jory find twisted around Clover's neck?
5. How does Bart say his real father died?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)