|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Wounds of War, which two people is Bart referring to when he says, "He looks at her mean. She looks at him scared?"
(a) Chris and the old woman.
(b) John Amos and Cathy.
(c) Chris and Cathy.
(d) John Amos and the old woman.
2. When Bart ties Apple to a cart, and pretends to be a cowboy, his grandmother joins his make-believe by pretending to be a _________?
(a) Prairie widow.
3. What does Bart unintentionally injure his knee with?
(a) Sharp stone.
(c) Rusty nail.
(d) Pony cart.
4. Which day does Bart say is the best of the week?
5. What does the psychiatrist tell Chris and Cathy that Bart seems programmed for?
(a) Self loathing.
(b) Jealous rages.
(c) A broad spectrum of prejudices.
6. Who does Corinne want to take as her own?
7. What does Cathy choreograph for herself and Jory?
(b) Dramatic entrances.
(d) Pas de duex.
8. What does Bart have an allergic reaction to in the hospital?
9. What does Malcolm's journal say he took pleasure in beating?
10. When the old woman shows Jory an oil painting in her mansion, who does Jory think is in it?
11. When conversing with Bart, why does John Amos say Cathy is writing her book?
(a) To tell Bart how to solve his problems.
(b) To reveal the evil of her mother.
(c) To confess her crime.
(d) Because of womanly weakness.
12. What does Cathy remember Madame Marisha saying she would have no life without?
13. In Gathering Darkness, what does Chris use to coax Bart out of bed?
(a) Chicken legs.
(b) Fish hatching.
(c) Lemon pie.
(d) Ant terrarium.
14. Where does Cathy send Bart after he attacks Cindy in her pool?
(a) Broom closet.
(b) His room.
15. Feeling pain makes Bart feel like he isn't a _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Now that Cathy cannot dance, what does she consume her time with?
2. When Chris sneaks from the house to speak with Corinne a second time, what does John Amos order Bart to do?
3. What is John Amos's last name?
4. What do Cathy's doctors confine her to after her accident?
5. In Tales of Evil, what does Bart tell Jory he wants to capture and put in his pocket until it grows big?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)