|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cathy removes her veil to show Chris what she did so she would no longer look like ________.
(c) John Amos.
2. During their second confrontation, Corinne asks Chris if he loves Cathy as a man loves a _______.
3. Bart thinks that doctors are always seeing blood because they're always cutting into people. What blood is Chris noticing when Bart thinks this?
(a) Bart's healing infection.
(b) Bart's bleeding lip.
(c) Clover's dead body.
(d) Cindy's scraped knee.
4. What second role does Cathy dance for in the ballet that she does not tell Chris about?
(a) Mechanical doll.
5. What does John Amos tell the old woman Bart has in his knee?
6. As Bart is waiting to die under the shrubs, who's problems does he think he is he solving?
(b) His grandmother's.
7. What does the psychiatrist tell Chris and Cathy that Bart seems programmed for?
(a) Self loathing.
(c) A broad spectrum of prejudices.
(d) Jealous rages.
8. What is the name of Bart's second psychiatrist?
(a) Dr. Mary Oberman.
(b) Dr. Alexandra Hearst.
(c) Dr. Hermes.
(d) Dr. Marie Dubois.
9. When conversing with Bart, why does John Amos say Cathy is writing her book?
(a) To tell Bart how to solve his problems.
(b) To reveal the evil of her mother.
(c) Because of womanly weakness.
(d) To confess her crime.
10. Where does Bart discover Clover's body?
(a) Hollow tree.
(b) The rich woman's rose bushes.
(c) Fish pond.
(d) Apple's barn.
11. What does Bart unintentionally injure his knee with?
(a) Sharp stone.
(b) Pony cart.
(d) Rusty nail.
12. What is Bart making for Clover?
(a) Mud pie.
(b) Clay food bowl.
(d) Dog house.
13. Who finds Bart, injured, under the shrubs?
14. What was Cathy's dancing name?
(a) Cathy Marquet.
(b) Katie Malcolm.
(c) Catherine Winslow.
(d) Catherine Dahl.
15. What is Bart stealing from his mom shortly after her accident?
(a) Sections of her manuscript.
(b) Her silver drop earrings.
(c) Her ballet slippers.
(d) Her love for Cindy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Gathering Darkness, what does Chris use to coax Bart out of bed?
2. During Chris and Corinne's first confrontation, how does Jory know Bart is in the room?
3. What is John Amos's last name?
4. What does Cathy remember Madame Marisha saying she would have no life without?
5. Now that Cathy cannot dance, what does she consume her time with?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)