|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the psychiatrist tell Chris and Cathy that Bart seems programmed for?
(b) A broad spectrum of prejudices.
(c) Self loathing.
(d) Jealous rages.
2. What does Bart say to deter Emma from following through with her threat to spank him?
(a) He'll kill her if she touches him.
(b) He would cut up all of Cindy's clothes.
(c) He was digging in Apple's poop.
(d) He'd tell him mom.
3. What game does Bart tell Cindy they're playing when he cuts off her hair?
(b) Dress up.
(c) Beauty parlor.
(d) Scalpin' Indians.
4. Feeling pain makes Bart feel like he isn't a _______.
5. Where was the mountain cottage Jory remembers living in with his mother when he was three?
(c) South Carolina.
6. What possession of Cathy's does Jory catch Bart deliberately breaking?
(a) Ballet points.
(b) Plaster mold of Bart and Jory's hands.
(c) Porcelain ballerina.
(d) China bowl.
7. After Bart shoves Cindy from Cathy's lap, Cathy calls him the child of her _________.
8. When Bart ties Apple to a cart, and pretends to be a cowboy, his grandmother joins his make-believe by pretending to be a _________?
(c) Prairie widow.
9. Why does Corinne admit to keeping John Amos around?
(a) He is blackmailing her.
(b) She is legally responsible for him.
(c) He is her most beloved friend.
(d) She needs help with the housekeeping.
10. What causes Cathy's fall during a series of pirouettes?
(a) Stray prop.
(b) Loose ribbon.
(c) Cindy's bald head.
(d) Bart's evil eye.
11. In Gathering Darkness, what does Chris use to coax Bart out of bed?
(a) Fish hatching.
(b) Ant terrarium.
(c) Chicken legs.
(d) Lemon pie.
12. In Homecoming, Bart, pretending to be Malcolm, demands toast and ________ for breakfast.
(a) Tobacco pipe.
(c) Apricot Marmalade.
13. What does Bart have an allergic reaction to in the hospital?
14. When confronting Corinne, Chris blames Bart's playacting on a lack of photographs of his __________?
15. When Corinne asks for Chris's forgiveness when they first meet in the mansion, Why does Chris say he can't?
(a) His life would cease to have meaning if he let go of his hate.
(b) Forgiveness is not his to give.
(c) He would be betraying Cathy.
(d) He is too ashamed of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the old woman give to Jory for why she doesn't open the drapes in her windows?
2. What role does Cathy tell Chris she is performing for the ballet?
3. What does Chris call the old woman next door after he meets her?
4. What is Bart's strategy with his first psychiatrist?
5. Who does Corinne want to take as her own?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)