|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chris call the old woman next door after he meets her?
(b) Mrs. Malcolm.
(d) Sister Mary.
2. In the Horns of Dilemma, what does Bart talk about to Cathy that she finds disturbing?
(a) His father, the handsome lawyer.
(b) A mansion burning to the ground.
(c) Her mother at a Christmas party.
(d) A boy in an attic.
3. During their second confrontation, Corinne asks Chris if he loves Cathy as a man loves a _______.
4. What date does Jory ask Emma to remember in Tales of Evil?
(a) Cathy and Paul's wedding.
(b) His grandpa's death.
(c) When Clover was given to him.
(d) Chris graduated from medical school.
5. During Chris and Corinne's first confrontation, how does Jory know Bart is in the room?
(b) Bart is never far from Corinne.
(c) He smells him.
(d) He hears sounds in the corner.
6. What weakness does Chris point out when trying to persuade Cathy not to dance in the ballet?
(a) Trick knee.
(b) Torn Achilles.
(c) Weak ankles.
(d) Ruptured disc.
7. As Bart is waiting to die under the shrubs, who's problems does he think he is he solving?
(b) His grandmother's.
8. What does Bart say he has bad genes from in the chapter titled Honor Thy Mother?
(b) Daddy Bart.
(c) Taking too long to be born.
(d) Coming second.
9. What possession of Cathy's does Jory catch Bart deliberately breaking?
(a) China bowl.
(b) Ballet points.
(c) Porcelain ballerina.
(d) Plaster mold of Bart and Jory's hands.
10. What causes Cathy's fall during a series of pirouettes?
(a) Cindy's bald head.
(b) Bart's evil eye.
(c) Loose ribbon.
(d) Stray prop.
11. What do Cathy's doctors confine her to after her accident?
(a) Mental-health wing.
12. Where was the mountain cottage Jory remembers living in with his mother when he was three?
(d) South Carolina.
13. Where is Jory when he notices Clover is missing?
(b) Rodin statue.
(d) The garden wall.
14. What does Bart have an allergic reaction to in the hospital?
15. When confronting Corinne, Chris blames Bart's playacting on a lack of photographs of his __________?
Short Answer Questions
1. What second role does Cathy dance for in the ballet that she does not tell Chris about?
2. What does Bart unintentionally injure his knee with?
3. Where does Cathy send Bart after he attacks Cindy in her pool?
4. Who did Malcolm love more than Olivia?
5. What does Malcolm's journal say he took pleasure in beating?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)