|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bart have an allergic reaction to in the hospital?
2. What does Malcolm's journal say he took pleasure in beating?
3. What does Chris call the old woman next door after he meets her?
(a) Mrs. Malcolm.
(c) Sister Mary.
4. Why does Bart punish Apple after he returns from the hospital?
(a) Apple growls at him.
(b) Apple is alive.
(c) Apple cowers.
(d) Apple isn't excited to see him.
5. What does Bart say he has bad genes from in the chapter titled Honor Thy Mother?
(a) Coming second.
(b) Taking too long to be born.
(c) Daddy Bart.
6. Just before Corinne rocks Bart to sleep singing him a lullaby in Honor Thy Mother, what does Bart say Corinne used to smell of?
7. What ballet are Cathy and Jory performing in?
(a) Don Quixote.
(b) The Nutcracker.
(c) Swan Lake.
8. What second role does Cathy dance for in the ballet that she does not tell Chris about?
(c) Mechanical doll.
9. What does Jory find in Apple after the first confrontation between Chris and Corinne?
(c) Pick ax.
(d) Barbed wire.
10. What is Bart's strategy with his first psychiatrist?
(a) Tell an indecipherable web of lies.
(b) Repeat everything she says.
(c) Pretend to be Jory.
(d) Say nothing.
11. In Tales of Evil, the old woman asks Jory if he could forgive his parents for _________.
(a) Abandoning him and his brother.
(c) Having another child.
12. When Corinne asks for Chris's forgiveness when they first meet in the mansion, Why does Chris say he can't?
(a) He is too ashamed of her.
(b) He would be betraying Cathy.
(c) Forgiveness is not his to give.
(d) His life would cease to have meaning if he let go of his hate.
13. Where does Bart discover Clover's body?
(a) Fish pond.
(b) Hollow tree.
(c) Apple's barn.
(d) The rich woman's rose bushes.
14. When does Corinne say her doctors released her?
(a) Last summer.
(b) Just before Christmas.
(c) Four years ago.
(d) Three months previously.
15. When confronting Corinne, Chris blames Bart's playacting on a lack of photographs of his __________?
Short Answer Questions
1. The old woman tells Jory the first man she married was ________ to her.
2. What possession of Cathy's does Jory catch Bart deliberately breaking?
3. What favorite food does Bart reject when he comes home from the hospital?
4. Cathy removes her veil to show Chris what she did so she would no longer look like ________.
5. What does Cathy choreograph for herself and Jory?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)