|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bart stealing from his mom shortly after her accident?
(a) Her silver drop earrings.
(b) Her ballet slippers.
(c) Sections of her manuscript.
(d) Her love for Cindy.
2. When Bart ties Apple to a cart, and pretends to be a cowboy, his grandmother joins his make-believe by pretending to be a _________?
(b) Prairie widow.
3. Who is coming to teach for Cathy at her school?
(a) Marie Dupont.
(b) Madame Marisha.
(c) Julian Marquet.
(d) Nicole Daughtry.
4. The old woman tells Jory the first man she married was ________ to her.
5. Who is Chris' father?
(a) Paul Sheffield.
(b) John Amos.
(d) Malcolm's half brother.
6. Why does Bart punish Apple after he returns from the hospital?
(a) Apple cowers.
(b) Apple growls at him.
(c) Apple is alive.
(d) Apple isn't excited to see him.
7. What does Bart have an allergic reaction to in the hospital?
8. Where does Cathy send Bart after he attacks Cindy in her pool?
(a) Broom closet.
(b) His room.
9. What was Cathy's dancing name?
(a) Catherine Winslow.
(b) Cathy Marquet.
(c) Catherine Dahl.
(d) Katie Malcolm.
10. What weakness does Chris point out when trying to persuade Cathy not to dance in the ballet?
(a) Trick knee.
(b) Weak ankles.
(c) Torn Achilles.
(d) Ruptured disc.
11. What does John Amos tell the old woman Bart has in his knee?
12. In Homecoming, Bart, pretending to be Malcolm, demands toast and ________ for breakfast.
(c) Apricot Marmalade.
(d) Tobacco pipe.
13. Where is Jory when he notices Clover is missing?
(a) The garden wall.
(d) Rodin statue.
14. What ballet are Cathy and Jory performing in?
(a) The Nutcracker.
(b) Don Quixote.
(d) Swan Lake.
15. When Chris sneaks from the house to speak with Corinne a second time, what does John Amos order Bart to do?
(a) Report everything he hears.
(b) Make a big scene.
(c) Bury Apples body.
(d) Read Malcolm's journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Tales of Evil, what does Bart tell Jory he wants to capture and put in his pocket until it grows big?
2. Where was the mountain cottage Jory remembers living in with his mother when he was three?
3. Why does Corinne admit to keeping John Amos around?
4. Which day does Bart say is the best of the week?
5. What does Jory find in Apple after the first confrontation between Chris and Corinne?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)