|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Tales of Evil, the old woman asks Jory if he could forgive his parents for _________.
(b) Abandoning him and his brother.
(c) Having another child.
2. What is Bart's strategy with his first psychiatrist?
(a) Pretend to be Jory.
(b) Say nothing.
(c) Tell an indecipherable web of lies.
(d) Repeat everything she says.
3. Just before Corinne rocks Bart to sleep singing him a lullaby in Honor Thy Mother, what does Bart say Corinne used to smell of?
4. Cathy removes her veil to show Chris what she did so she would no longer look like ________.
(b) John Amos.
5. What is John Amos's last name?
6. What does Bart say to deter Emma from following through with her threat to spank him?
(a) He would cut up all of Cindy's clothes.
(b) He'd tell him mom.
(c) He'll kill her if she touches him.
(d) He was digging in Apple's poop.
7. What does Bart have an allergic reaction to in the hospital?
8. What does Malcolm's journal say he took pleasure in beating?
9. When the old woman shows Jory an oil painting in her mansion, who does Jory think is in it?
10. What favorite food does Bart reject when he comes home from the hospital?
(a) Mashed potatoes.
(b) Short ribs.
(c) Apple pie.
(d) Strawberry shortcake.
11. What does Bart say he has bad genes from in the chapter titled Honor Thy Mother?
(b) Taking too long to be born.
(c) Daddy Bart.
(d) Coming second.
12. What causes Cathy's fall during a series of pirouettes?
(a) Stray prop.
(b) Cindy's bald head.
(c) Loose ribbon.
(d) Bart's evil eye.
13. Feeling pain makes Bart feel like he isn't a _______.
14. Where does Bart discover Clover's body?
(a) Fish pond.
(b) Hollow tree.
(c) The rich woman's rose bushes.
(d) Apple's barn.
15. What is the name of Bart's second psychiatrist?
(a) Dr. Marie Dubois.
(b) Dr. Alexandra Hearst.
(c) Dr. Hermes.
(d) Dr. Mary Oberman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which day does Bart say is the best of the week?
2. What do Cathy's doctors confine her to after her accident?
3. When conversing with Bart, why does John Amos say Cathy is writing her book?
4. During their second confrontation, Corinne asks Chris if he loves Cathy as a man loves a _______.
5. In Wounds of War, which two people is Bart referring to when he says, "He looks at her mean. She looks at him scared?"
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)