|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jory is trapped in the attic, watching his parents, what does he feel ashamed for doing?
(c) Urinating in his pants.
(d) Crushing a paper flower.
2. What is the rich woman hiding beneath her veil?
(c) Oxygen mask.
3. What color is Cathy's skimpy halter-top that she wears, to Bart's disapproval, while pushing Cindy in a baby swing?
4. Who invites Bart to the mansion first?
(a) John Amos.
(b) The rich woman.
5. During their attic scene, how old does Chris say Cathy was when he knew her?
(a) Twenty seven.
(c) Thirty two.
6. What name does Jory hear the rich woman cry, when he climbs the oak tree after crying under a statue?
7. What does Jory think any girl he will ever love will have?
(a) Dancer silhouette.
(b) Sharp wit.
(c) Blue eyes.
(d) Blond hair.
8. What is the Sheffield's pet dog named?
9. When one of Cathy's ballet students is injured in a car accident, what does Cathy beg Chris to do?
(a) Become the student's doctor.
(b) Adopt the student's child.
(c) Move to South Carolina.
(d) Take over Cathy's classes.
10. Who does Bart dream is leaving him?
(a) His grandmother.
11. What is the name of the man Jory begins to remember from before Daddy Paul?
(a) Bart Winslow.
(b) Malcolm Foxworth.
(c) John Amos.
(d) Julian Marquet.
12. Whose life does Cathy say she might have saved the only time she'd been right?
13. What does Bart say when he meets Cindy?
(a) He hates her.
(b) She reminds him of sour milk.
(d) He wants to feed her.
14. While conversing with Cathy in the attic, what does Chris say "often leads to reality?"
(a) The subconscious.
(b) Wishful thinking.
15. Cindy is Jory's _______.
(c) Dance partner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cindy remind Cathy of?
2. What is the narrator in the prologue sitting by?
3. What is the name of Jory's family's one servant?
4. What is the name of Cathy's injured ballet student?
5. In the chapter titled Shadows, Bart thinks pretending to be an _________ is tiring.
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)