|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Cathy's third husband?
2. When Jory runs into the garden after overhearing his parents' argument, what statue does he cry under?
(a) The Thinker.
(b) The Winged Victory.
(d) The Kiss.
3. Cindy is Jory's _______.
(b) Dance partner.
4. Who is Jory's father?
5. What is Bart told his "real" father's name is?
(a) Bartholomew Winslow.
(b) Malcolm Foxworth.
(c) Julian Marquet.
(d) Chris Sheffield.
6. When Jory has to ride the bus home from school, what does he hide in the ravine?
(a) Ballet shoes.
7. What does Bart say when he meets Cindy?
(b) She reminds him of sour milk.
(c) He hates her.
(d) He wants to feed her.
8. What does Bart take from Jory's garden and place into his?
(a) Rock Border.
(c) Cindy's toy truck.
(d) Clovers collar.
9. What does Jory overhear his mother calling Chris in the chapter titled Sugar and Spice?
(a) Corey Winslow.
(b) Christopher Doll.
(c) Master manipulator.
10. Who does Bart's grandmother tell Bart to stay away from in My Heart's Desire?
(a) John Amos.
11. What dance moves does Cathy do around Chris after he discovers her in the attic?
12. Jory thinks that no one should be given more attention than _____.
13. In the chapter titled Shadows, Bart thinks pretending to be an _________ is tiring.
(b) Old man.
14. Who does Cindy remind Cathy of?
15. While conversing with Cathy in the attic, what does Chris say "often leads to reality?"
(c) Wishful thinking.
(d) The subconscious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Jory's family's one servant?
2. What is Bart offered instead of a pony?
3. In My Heart's Desire, what does John Amos whisper of when he leads Bart to his cubby-hole?
4. Who invites Bart to the mansion first?
5. In the beginning of the novel, in the attic, Chris assures Cathy that _______ is dead.
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)