|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What pieces of furniture does Chris see in the attic that upsets him?
(a) Table lamps.
(b) Twin beds.
(d) Wooden chests.
2. What dance moves does Cathy do around Chris after he discovers her in the attic?
3. What does Bart take from Jory's garden and place into his?
(a) Cindy's toy truck.
(c) Clovers collar.
(d) Rock Border.
4. When the boys first see the rich woman next door, what color is she wearing?
5. When Bart's grandmother pokes her head over the wall to remind him to feed his pet, what does she find him over?
(b) Fish pond.
(c) Planks for a dog house.
(d) Dead kitten.
6. According to John Amos, "_____ is what women use to make men weak."
7. After meeting with the old woman in the mansion for the first time, Jory thinks that two _____ are more than enough.
(a) Elderly Neighbors.
8. When one of Cathy's ballet students is injured in a car accident, what does Cathy beg Chris to do?
(a) Move to South Carolina.
(b) Become the student's doctor.
(c) Adopt the student's child.
(d) Take over Cathy's classes.
9. What did Bart accidentally kill by squeezing too tight?
10. What color is Cathy's skimpy halter-top that she wears, to Bart's disapproval, while pushing Cindy in a baby swing?
11. What is Bart told his "real" father's name is?
(a) Malcolm Foxworth.
(b) Bartholomew Winslow.
(c) Chris Sheffield.
(d) Julian Marquet.
12. In the chapter titled Shadows, Bart thinks pretending to be an _________ is tiring.
(c) Old man.
13. What does Bart say when he meets Cindy?
(b) He wants to feed her.
(c) She reminds him of sour milk.
(d) He hates her.
14. When Jory has to ride the bus home from school, what does he hide in the ravine?
(c) Ballet shoes.
15. When Bart's grandmother promises Bart his heart's desire as she rocks him in her rocking chair, what uncharacteristic thing does Bart suddenly want?
(a) A trip to Disneyland.
(b) Piles of money.
(c) A puppy pony.
(d) A walking cane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jory overhear his mother calling Chris in the chapter titled Sugar and Spice?
2. When Cathy and Chris are arguing in the chapter titled Sugar and Spice, who does Cathy say she took Bart from?
3. What is the name of Cathy's school?
4. When Jory is trapped in the attic, watching his parents, what does he feel ashamed for doing?
5. In the first chapter, what leads Chris and Jory upstairs?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)