|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does Bart tell his grandmother he'll be turning on his next birthday?
2. What is the name of Jory's family's one servant?
(a) John Amos.
3. Who does Jory think his parents show their most fervent side to?
(a) Madame Marisha.
(b) Their friends.
(c) Their children.
(d) Each other.
4. Who does Cindy remind Cathy of?
5. What does Bart say when he meets Cindy?
(a) He hates her.
(b) He wants to feed her.
(d) She reminds him of sour milk.
6. When Jory runs into the garden after overhearing his parents' argument, what statue does he cry under?
(a) The Kiss.
(c) The Winged Victory.
(d) The Thinker.
7. What is the Sheffield's pet dog named?
8. When Bart's grandmother pokes her head over the wall to remind him to feed his pet, what does she find him over?
(b) Planks for a dog house.
(c) Fish pond.
(d) Dead kitten.
9. In the chapter titled Shadows, Bart thinks pretending to be an _________ is tiring.
(b) Old man.
10. In the beginning of the novel, in the attic, Chris assures Cathy that _______ is dead.
(a) The butler.
(b) Madame Marisha.
(c) The grandmother.
11. According to John Amos, "_____ is what women use to make men weak."
12. Cindy is Jory's _______.
(b) Dance partner.
13. Which state does Jory's family visit every year?
(d) South Carolina.
14. What does Chris throw out of the attic windows in the chapter titled Jory?
(a) Shreds of an old photo.
(b) Picnic hamper.
(c) Paper flowers.
15. What does Madame Marisha want Jory to call her in public?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bart's birth defect prevent him from doing?
2. What does Jory think any girl he will ever love will have?
3. What name does Jory hear the rich woman cry, when he climbs the oak tree after crying under a statue?
4. What does the rich woman tell Bart to call her?
5. When the mansion was abandoned what would Bart and Jory try to save by opening the mansion doors?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)