|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does Bart tell his grandmother he'll be turning on his next birthday?
2. When one of Cathy's ballet students is injured in a car accident, what does Cathy beg Chris to do?
(a) Move to South Carolina.
(b) Take over Cathy's classes.
(c) Become the student's doctor.
(d) Adopt the student's child.
3. What is the rich woman hiding beneath her veil?
(c) Oxygen mask.
4. What gift from his grandmother does Bart find waiting for him in the barn?
(a) Calico kitten.
(b) Shetland pony.
(c) St. Bernard puppy.
(d) Miniature poodle.
5. What does Bart say when he meets Cindy?
(a) He wants to feed her.
(b) He hates her.
(d) She reminds him of sour milk.
6. In Malcolm's journal, Malcolm's father has him strip naked, whips him, and then locks him in the attic for what offense?
(a) Destroying his mother's childhood pictures.
(b) Smoking his father's tobacco.
(c) Shredding his mother's old corsets.
(d) Hiding when his father called for him.
7. When Jory runs into the garden after overhearing his parents' argument, what statue does he cry under?
(b) The Kiss.
(c) The Winged Victory.
(d) The Thinker.
8. What does Madame Marisha want Jory to call her in public?
9. What food does Bart's pet refuse to eat when Bart first tries to feed him?
10. When the mansion was abandoned what would Bart and Jory try to save by opening the mansion doors?
(a) Bottle caps.
(b) House plants.
(c) Mouse babies.
11. When Jory is eavesdropping on his parents' argument downstairs, Cathy asks Chris if she reminds him of _______.
(c) Madame Marisha.
12. When Bart's grandmother promises Bart his heart's desire as she rocks him in her rocking chair, what uncharacteristic thing does Bart suddenly want?
(a) Piles of money.
(b) A puppy pony.
(c) A trip to Disneyland.
(d) A walking cane.
13. What did Bart accidentally kill by squeezing too tight?
14. Which state does Jory's family visit every year?
(c) South Carolina.
15. What does the rich woman tell Bart to call her?
(c) My Lady.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bart dream is leaving him?
2. What is the name of Cathy's school?
3. During their attic scene, how old does Chris say Cathy was when he knew her?
4. What does Bart hate visiting when his family vacations in the East?
5. In the chapter titled Shadows, Bart thinks pretending to be an _________ is tiring.
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)