|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Jory's family's one servant?
(d) John Amos.
2. When Cathy and Chris are arguing in the chapter titled Sugar and Spice, who does Cathy say she took Bart from?
3. What food does Bart's pet refuse to eat when Bart first tries to feed him?
4. What did Bart accidentally kill by squeezing too tight?
5. What is the narrator in the prologue sitting by?
(a) Paul's statues.
(b) The wall.
(c) Rose bushes.
(d) A window in the mansion.
6. In the first chapter, what leads Chris and Jory upstairs?
(b) Ballet music.
(c) Trapped bird.
(d) Glass breaking.
7. What is the Sheffield's pet dog named?
8. Jory thinks that no one should be given more attention than _____.
9. When Bart's grandmother pokes her head over the wall to remind him to feed his pet, what does she find him over?
(a) Fish pond.
(c) Planks for a dog house.
(d) Dead kitten.
10. Who is Jory's father?
11. In the chapter titled Shadows, Bart thinks pretending to be an _________ is tiring.
(a) Old man.
12. When Jory comes home from ballet class early to speak with Bart, who does Jory find Bart with?
(b) The rich woman.
(d) John Amos.
13. While conversing with Cathy in the attic, what does Chris say "often leads to reality?"
(a) The subconscious.
(b) Wishful thinking.
14. What dance moves does Cathy do around Chris after he discovers her in the attic?
15. What name does Jory hear the rich woman cry, when he climbs the oak tree after crying under a statue?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bart try to train his new pet to be?
2. When the boys first see the rich woman next door, what color is she wearing?
3. Who is Emma talking about in the chapter titled Shadows when she says, "Isn't she a living doll?"
4. At the beginning of the chapter called My Heart's Desire, Bart says that Cindy is wicked for what?
5. Who does Cindy remind Cathy of?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)