|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bart try to train his new pet to be?
(c) Circus bear.
(d) Rescue dog.
2. What pieces of furniture does Chris see in the attic that upsets him?
(b) Wooden chests.
(c) Twin beds.
(d) Table lamps.
3. According to John Amos, "_____ is what women use to make men weak."
4. What is the name of Cathy's injured ballet student?
5. At the beginning of the chapter called My Heart's Desire, Bart says that Cindy is wicked for what?
(a) Not caring who sees her naked.
(b) Dropping sippy cups on the floor.
(c) Splashing in a pool.
(d) For calling his mother "Momma."
6. What is Bart offered instead of a pony?
(a) St. Bernard.
(d) Persian cat.
7. What color is Cathy's skimpy halter-top that she wears, to Bart's disapproval, while pushing Cindy in a baby swing?
8. In My Heart's Desire, what does John Amos whisper of when he leads Bart to his cubby-hole?
(a) Corruptible youth.
(c) Rose thorns.
(d) Snake bites.
9. When the mansion was abandoned what would Bart and Jory try to save by opening the mansion doors?
(a) Bottle caps.
(c) Mouse babies.
(d) House plants.
10. What does Chris throw out of the attic windows in the chapter titled Jory?
(b) Picnic hamper.
(c) Paper flowers.
(d) Shreds of an old photo.
11. When Bart's grandmother promises Bart his heart's desire as she rocks him in her rocking chair, what uncharacteristic thing does Bart suddenly want?
(a) A walking cane.
(b) A trip to Disneyland.
(c) Piles of money.
(d) A puppy pony.
12. What does Chris worry about adopting a child when Cathy reveals that she's already had the papers signed?
(a) The adoption agency investigating.
(b) Using their real names.
(c) Hiring a lawyer.
(d) Adopting a girl over a boy.
13. When Jory is eavesdropping on his parents' argument downstairs, Cathy asks Chris if she reminds him of _______.
(a) Madame Marisha.
14. What dance moves does Cathy do around Chris after he discovers her in the attic?
15. When Jory runs into the garden after overhearing his parents' argument, what statue does he cry under?
(b) The Thinker.
(c) The Winged Victory.
(d) The Kiss.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jory is trapped in the attic, watching his parents, what does he feel ashamed for doing?
2. After meeting with the old woman in the mansion for the first time, Jory thinks that two _____ are more than enough.
3. What does Bart say when he meets Cindy?
4. Who is Jory's father?
5. During their attic scene, how old does Chris say Cathy was when he knew her?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)