|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jory runs into the garden after overhearing his parents' argument, what statue does he cry under?
(a) The Thinker.
(b) The Winged Victory.
(d) The Kiss.
2. In My Heart's Desire, what does John Amos tell Bart being clever is?
(a) Getting away with a deception.
(b) Not letting people suspect how smart you are.
(c) Knowing nothing is ever enough.
(d) Swiping their treasures from under their noses.
3. Who does Cindy remind Cathy of?
4. What is the name of the man Jory begins to remember from before Daddy Paul?
(a) Malcolm Foxworth.
(b) Julian Marquet.
(c) Bart Winslow.
(d) John Amos.
5. What is Bart told his "real" father's name is?
(a) Julian Marquet.
(b) Malcolm Foxworth.
(c) Chris Sheffield.
(d) Bartholomew Winslow.
6. What gift from his grandmother does Bart find waiting for him in the barn?
(a) St. Bernard puppy.
(b) Calico kitten.
(c) Shetland pony.
(d) Miniature poodle.
7. How old does Bart tell his grandmother he'll be turning on his next birthday?
8. While conversing with Cathy in the attic, what does Chris say "often leads to reality?"
(c) The subconscious.
(d) Wishful thinking.
9. What did Bart accidentally kill by squeezing too tight?
10. Where does the first interaction between Chris and Cathy happen?
11. What color is Cathy's skimpy halter-top that she wears, to Bart's disapproval, while pushing Cindy in a baby swing?
12. What does Jory think any girl he will ever love will have?
(a) Dancer silhouette.
(b) Blue eyes.
(c) Blond hair.
(d) Sharp wit.
13. Jory thinks that no one should be given more attention than _____.
14. What is the narrator in the prologue sitting by?
(a) Paul's statues.
(b) Rose bushes.
(c) A window in the mansion.
(d) The wall.
15. When Chris is in the attic with Cathy and Jory, what does he say has been burned to the ground?
(a) Greenglenna Estate.
(c) Foxworth Hall.
(d) Clairmont Court.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the rich woman tell Bart to call her?
2. Cindy is Jory's _______.
3. During their attic scene, how old does Chris say Cathy was when he knew her?
4. Who tells Bart his real father's name?
5. Whose life does Cathy say she might have saved the only time she'd been right?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)