|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bart's grandmother promises Bart his heart's desire as she rocks him in her rocking chair, what uncharacteristic thing does Bart suddenly want?
(a) A trip to Disneyland.
(b) A walking cane.
(c) Piles of money.
(d) A puppy pony.
2. What is the name of the man Jory begins to remember from before Daddy Paul?
(a) Bart Winslow.
(b) John Amos.
(c) Malcolm Foxworth.
(d) Julian Marquet.
3. The rich woman was married to Bart's _________.
(a) Step father.
(d) Great grandfather.
4. What name does Jory hear the rich woman cry, when he climbs the oak tree after crying under a statue?
5. Cindy is Jory's _______.
(c) Dance partner.
6. What dance moves does Cathy do around Chris after he discovers her in the attic?
7. When Jory comes home from ballet class early to speak with Bart, who does Jory find Bart with?
(a) The rich woman.
(b) John Amos.
8. Who is Cathy's third husband?
9. What is the Sheffield's pet dog named?
10. In Malcolm's journal, Malcolm's father has him strip naked, whips him, and then locks him in the attic for what offense?
(a) Destroying his mother's childhood pictures.
(b) Hiding when his father called for him.
(c) Shredding his mother's old corsets.
(d) Smoking his father's tobacco.
11. When the mansion was abandoned what would Bart and Jory try to save by opening the mansion doors?
(a) Mouse babies.
(b) House plants.
(c) Bottle caps.
12. At the beginning of the chapter called My Heart's Desire, Bart says that Cindy is wicked for what?
(a) Dropping sippy cups on the floor.
(b) Splashing in a pool.
(c) For calling his mother "Momma."
(d) Not caring who sees her naked.
13. When remembering her wedding with Paul, what does Cathy say the minister had to urge Chris to do?
(a) Pass Cathy her vows.
(b) Assist Paul to the platform.
(c) Hold Cathy's bouquet.
(d) Hand over the ring.
14. What does Bart's birth defect prevent him from doing?
(a) Hearing in his left ear.
(b) Having emotions.
(c) Feeling pain.
(d) Wiggling his pinky.
15. When the mansion is under renovation, who tells the boys to stay off the wall?
(a) Construction Boss.
(d) French maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bart say when he meets Cindy?
2. While conversing with Cathy in the attic, what does Chris say "often leads to reality?"
3. What is the name of Cathy's injured ballet student?
4. In My Heart's Desire, what does John Amos whisper of when he leads Bart to his cubby-hole?
5. Who does Jory think his parents show their most fervent side to?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)