|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jory has to ride the bus home from school, what does he hide in the ravine?
(b) Ballet shoes.
2. What is the name of Cathy's school?
(a) Winslow Ballet.
(b) Madame Marquet's Ballet Gym.
(c) Marie Dubois School of Ballet.
(d) Sheffield Academy of Dance.
3. Who does Bart's grandmother tell Bart to stay away from in My Heart's Desire?
(b) John Amos.
4. What is the Sheffield's pet dog named?
5. What does Bart hate visiting when his family vacations in the East?
(b) Disney World.
(d) Gas stations.
6. What is the name of Cathy's attorney?
(a) Richard Blackguard.
(b) Simon Daughtry.
(c) Jules Foxworth.
(d) Damien Winter.
7. What name does Jory hear the rich woman cry, when he climbs the oak tree after crying under a statue?
8. When Bart's grandmother promises Bart his heart's desire as she rocks him in her rocking chair, what uncharacteristic thing does Bart suddenly want?
(a) A walking cane.
(b) A trip to Disneyland.
(c) A puppy pony.
(d) Piles of money.
9. When Jory is eavesdropping on his parents' argument downstairs, Cathy asks Chris if she reminds him of _______.
(c) Madame Marisha.
10. What does Jory overhear his mother calling Chris in the chapter titled Sugar and Spice?
(a) Christopher Doll.
(b) Master manipulator.
(c) Corey Winslow.
11. What does Jory think any girl he will ever love will have?
(a) Sharp wit.
(b) Blue eyes.
(c) Dancer silhouette.
(d) Blond hair.
12. When the mansion was abandoned what would Bart and Jory try to save by opening the mansion doors?
(a) Mouse babies.
(c) House plants.
(d) Bottle caps.
13. How old does Bart tell his grandmother he'll be turning on his next birthday?
14. Who is Emma talking about in the chapter titled Shadows when she says, "Isn't she a living doll?"
15. Who invites Bart to the mansion first?
(a) The rich woman.
(d) John Amos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator in the prologue sitting by?
2. What gift from his grandmother does Bart find waiting for him in the barn?
3. What color is Cathy's skimpy halter-top that she wears, to Bart's disapproval, while pushing Cindy in a baby swing?
4. What did Bart accidentally kill by squeezing too tight?
5. Where does Bart's grandmother tell him her son ran away to in the chapter, My Heart's Desire?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)