|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which state does Jory's family visit every year?
(d) South Carolina.
2. What is Bart told his "real" father's name is?
(a) Chris Sheffield.
(b) Malcolm Foxworth.
(c) Bartholomew Winslow.
(d) Julian Marquet.
3. In Malcolm's journal, Malcolm's father has him strip naked, whips him, and then locks him in the attic for what offense?
(a) Hiding when his father called for him.
(b) Shredding his mother's old corsets.
(c) Destroying his mother's childhood pictures.
(d) Smoking his father's tobacco.
4. The rich woman was married to Bart's _________.
(a) Step father.
(c) Great grandfather.
5. Cindy is Jory's _______.
(b) Dance partner.
6. What does Chris throw out of the attic windows in the chapter titled Jory?
(b) Paper flowers.
(c) Picnic hamper.
(d) Shreds of an old photo.
7. What did Bart accidentally kill by squeezing too tight?
8. What is the name of Cathy's injured ballet student?
9. Who does Bart dream is leaving him?
(c) His grandmother.
10. What is the name of the man Jory begins to remember from before Daddy Paul?
(a) Malcolm Foxworth.
(b) John Amos.
(c) Bart Winslow.
(d) Julian Marquet.
11. What is the rich woman hiding beneath her veil?
(a) Oxygen mask.
12. Who does Bart's grandmother tell Bart to stay away from in My Heart's Desire?
(d) John Amos.
13. When Jory runs into the garden after overhearing his parents' argument, what statue does he cry under?
(b) The Kiss.
(c) The Winged Victory.
(d) The Thinker.
14. When one of Cathy's ballet students is injured in a car accident, what does Cathy beg Chris to do?
(a) Adopt the student's child.
(b) Move to South Carolina.
(c) Become the student's doctor.
(d) Take over Cathy's classes.
15. During their attic scene, how old does Chris say Cathy was when he knew her?
(c) Thirty two.
(d) Twenty seven.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the mansion was abandoned what would Bart and Jory try to save by opening the mansion doors?
2. What is the name of Cathy's school?
3. What gift from his grandmother does Bart find waiting for him in the barn?
4. When the mansion is under renovation, who tells the boys to stay off the wall?
5. Who tells Bart his real father's name?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)