|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the first interaction between Chris and Cathy happen?
2. What dance moves does Cathy do around Chris after he discovers her in the attic?
3. How old does Bart tell his grandmother he'll be turning on his next birthday?
4. Where does Bart's grandmother tell him her son ran away to in the chapter, My Heart's Desire?
5. When the mansion was abandoned what would Bart and Jory try to save by opening the mansion doors?
(a) Bottle caps.
(b) House plants.
(c) Mouse babies.
6. When Jory runs into the garden after overhearing his parents' argument, what statue does he cry under?
(a) The Kiss.
(b) The Thinker.
(d) The Winged Victory.
7. What does Bart take from Jory's garden and place into his?
(b) Rock Border.
(c) Cindy's toy truck.
(d) Clovers collar.
8. When the mansion is under renovation, who tells the boys to stay off the wall?
(b) Construction Boss.
(c) French maid.
9. The rich woman was married to Bart's _________.
(b) Step father.
(d) Great grandfather.
10. Who is Emma talking about in the chapter titled Shadows when she says, "Isn't she a living doll?"
11. What is the name of Jory's family's one servant?
(b) John Amos.
12. What does Jory think any girl he will ever love will have?
(a) Blond hair.
(b) Dancer silhouette.
(c) Blue eyes.
(d) Sharp wit.
13. Which state does Jory's family visit every year?
(c) South Carolina.
14. What pieces of furniture does Chris see in the attic that upsets him?
(a) Wooden chests.
(b) Twin beds.
(d) Table lamps.
15. During their attic scene, how old does Chris say Cathy was when he knew her?
(b) Thirty two.
(c) Twenty seven.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to John Amos, "_____ is what women use to make men weak."
2. What is the name of the man Jory begins to remember from before Daddy Paul?
3. What does Madame Marisha want Jory to call her in public?
4. When the boys first see the rich woman next door, what color is she wearing?
5. In My Heart's Desire, what does John Amos whisper of when he leads Bart to his cubby-hole?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)