|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Chris is in the attic with Cathy and Jory, what does he say has been burned to the ground?
(a) Foxworth Hall.
(b) Greenglenna Estate.
(c) Clairmont Court.
2. The rich woman was married to Bart's _________.
(a) Great grandfather.
(b) Step father.
3. Who does Jory think his parents show their most fervent side to?
(a) Their children.
(b) Their friends.
(c) Madame Marisha.
(d) Each other.
4. What does Bart say when he meets Cindy?
(a) He wants to feed her.
(c) She reminds him of sour milk.
(d) He hates her.
5. When Bart's grandmother promises Bart his heart's desire as she rocks him in her rocking chair, what uncharacteristic thing does Bart suddenly want?
(a) Piles of money.
(b) A trip to Disneyland.
(c) A puppy pony.
(d) A walking cane.
6. What is the name of the man Jory begins to remember from before Daddy Paul?
(a) John Amos.
(b) Bart Winslow.
(c) Malcolm Foxworth.
(d) Julian Marquet.
7. In My Heart's Desire, what does John Amos whisper of when he leads Bart to his cubby-hole?
(b) Corruptible youth.
(c) Snake bites.
(d) Rose thorns.
8. What does Bart take from Jory's garden and place into his?
(b) Rock Border.
(c) Clovers collar.
(d) Cindy's toy truck.
9. What is the rich woman hiding beneath her veil?
(d) Oxygen mask.
10. Who is Emma talking about in the chapter titled Shadows when she says, "Isn't she a living doll?"
11. What is the name of Cathy's attorney?
(a) Richard Blackguard.
(b) Simon Daughtry.
(c) Jules Foxworth.
(d) Damien Winter.
12. Who does Cindy remind Cathy of?
13. Which state does Jory's family visit every year?
(c) South Carolina.
14. What does the rich woman tell Bart to call her?
(c) My Lady.
15. According to John Amos, "_____ is what women use to make men weak."
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Cathy's skimpy halter-top that she wears, to Bart's disapproval, while pushing Cindy in a baby swing?
2. Where does the first interaction between Chris and Cathy happen?
3. What does Chris worry about adopting a child when Cathy reveals that she's already had the papers signed?
4. When Cathy and Chris are arguing in the chapter titled Sugar and Spice, who does Cathy say she took Bart from?
5. When Bart's grandmother pokes her head over the wall to remind him to feed his pet, what does she find him over?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)