Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the boys first see the rich woman next door, what color is she wearing?
2. Whose life does Cathy say she might have saved the only time she'd been right?
3. In the chapter titled Shadows, Bart thinks pretending to be an _________ is tiring.
(c) Old man.
4. What food does Bart's pet refuse to eat when Bart first tries to feed him?
5. What does Jory overhear his mother calling Chris in the chapter titled Sugar and Spice?
(a) Master manipulator.
(c) Christopher Doll.
(d) Corey Winslow.
6. In My Heart's Desire, what does John Amos tell Bart being clever is?
(a) Getting away with a deception.
(b) Not letting people suspect how smart you are.
(c) Knowing nothing is ever enough.
(d) Swiping their treasures from under their noses.
7. What do Jory and Bart plant to honor Uncle Cory's and Aunt Carrie's birthday?
8. When Chris is in the attic with Cathy and Jory, what does he say has been burned to the ground?
(b) Greenglenna Estate.
(c) Clairmont Court.
(d) Foxworth Hall.
9. What does Bart's birth defect prevent him from doing?
(a) Hearing in his left ear.
(b) Wiggling his pinky.
(c) Having emotions.
(d) Feeling pain.
10. What does Bart say when he meets Cindy?
(a) She reminds him of sour milk.
(b) He wants to feed her.
(d) He hates her.
11. What is the name of Cathy's injured ballet student?
12. What is the rich woman hiding beneath her veil?
(b) Oxygen mask.
13. While conversing with Cathy in the attic, what does Chris say "often leads to reality?"
(b) The subconscious.
(c) Wishful thinking.
14. When the mansion was abandoned what would Bart and Jory try to save by opening the mansion doors?
(a) House plants.
(b) Bottle caps.
(c) Mouse babies.
15. Who does Bart's grandmother tell Bart to stay away from in My Heart's Desire?
(a) John Amos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bart take from Jory's garden and place into his?
2. When Cathy and Chris are arguing in the chapter titled Sugar and Spice, who does Cathy say she took Bart from?
3. When Jory is trapped in the attic, watching his parents, what does he feel ashamed for doing?
4. What dance moves does Cathy do around Chris after he discovers her in the attic?
5. What is Bart pretending to be when he first meets the rich woman?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)