|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bart's grandmother promises Bart his heart's desire as she rocks him in her rocking chair, what uncharacteristic thing does Bart suddenly want?
(a) A puppy pony.
(b) A walking cane.
(c) Piles of money.
(d) A trip to Disneyland.
2. When the mansion was abandoned what would Bart and Jory try to save by opening the mansion doors?
(b) Bottle caps.
(c) Mouse babies.
(d) House plants.
3. When remembering her wedding with Paul, what does Cathy say the minister had to urge Chris to do?
(a) Hold Cathy's bouquet.
(b) Pass Cathy her vows.
(c) Hand over the ring.
(d) Assist Paul to the platform.
4. In Malcolm's journal, Malcolm's father has him strip naked, whips him, and then locks him in the attic for what offense?
(a) Destroying his mother's childhood pictures.
(b) Shredding his mother's old corsets.
(c) Smoking his father's tobacco.
(d) Hiding when his father called for him.
5. When Chris is in the attic with Cathy and Jory, what does he say has been burned to the ground?
(b) Greenglenna Estate.
(c) Foxworth Hall.
(d) Clairmont Court.
6. When Cathy and Chris are arguing in the chapter titled Sugar and Spice, who does Cathy say she took Bart from?
7. What is Bart offered instead of a pony?
(a) St. Bernard.
(c) Persian cat.
8. When the mansion is under renovation, who tells the boys to stay off the wall?
(a) Construction Boss.
(c) French maid.
9. The rich woman was married to Bart's _________.
(b) Great grandfather.
(d) Step father.
10. After meeting with the old woman in the mansion for the first time, Jory thinks that two _____ are more than enough.
(b) Elderly Neighbors.
11. What is the narrator in the prologue sitting by?
(a) Rose bushes.
(b) The wall.
(c) A window in the mansion.
(d) Paul's statues.
12. When Jory comes home from ballet class early to speak with Bart, who does Jory find Bart with?
(c) John Amos.
(d) The rich woman.
13. What is Bart pretending to be when he first meets the rich woman?
(a) Mountain climber.
(d) Submarine commander.
14. What does Madame Marisha want Jory to call her in public?
15. When Jory has to ride the bus home from school, what does he hide in the ravine?
(a) Ballet shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Sheffield's pet dog named?
2. When Jory runs into the garden after overhearing his parents' argument, what statue does he cry under?
3. How old does Bart tell his grandmother he'll be turning on his next birthday?
4. Jory thinks that no one should be given more attention than _____.
5. In the chapter titled Shadows, Bart thinks pretending to be an _________ is tiring.
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)