|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bart's grandmother tell Bart to stay away from in My Heart's Desire?
(a) John Amos.
2. What is the name of Cathy's school?
(a) Madame Marquet's Ballet Gym.
(b) Winslow Ballet.
(c) Sheffield Academy of Dance.
(d) Marie Dubois School of Ballet.
3. What does Madame Marisha want Jory to call her in public?
4. Who does Jory think his parents show their most fervent side to?
(a) Each other.
(b) Their friends.
(c) Madame Marisha.
(d) Their children.
5. Who is Emma talking about in the chapter titled Shadows when she says, "Isn't she a living doll?"
6. What does Bart say when he meets Cindy?
(a) She reminds him of sour milk.
(b) He wants to feed her.
(d) He hates her.
7. When Jory has to ride the bus home from school, what does he hide in the ravine?
(a) Ballet shoes.
8. When Bart's grandmother pokes her head over the wall to remind him to feed his pet, what does she find him over?
(a) Planks for a dog house.
(b) Dead kitten.
(c) Fish pond.
9. Who is Cathy's third husband?
10. Who is Jory's father?
11. When remembering her wedding with Paul, what does Cathy say the minister had to urge Chris to do?
(a) Hand over the ring.
(b) Pass Cathy her vows.
(c) Hold Cathy's bouquet.
(d) Assist Paul to the platform.
12. Whose life does Cathy say she might have saved the only time she'd been right?
13. What does Bart's birth defect prevent him from doing?
(a) Wiggling his pinky.
(b) Feeling pain.
(c) Hearing in his left ear.
(d) Having emotions.
14. What name does Jory hear the rich woman cry, when he climbs the oak tree after crying under a statue?
15. The rich woman was married to Bart's _________.
(a) Step father.
(b) Great grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bart's grandmother promises Bart his heart's desire as she rocks him in her rocking chair, what uncharacteristic thing does Bart suddenly want?
2. What is the name of Jory's family's one servant?
3. In My Heart's Desire, what does John Amos tell Bart being clever is?
4. What is Bart offered instead of a pony?
5. When Jory runs into the garden after overhearing his parents' argument, what statue does he cry under?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)