|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jory has to ride the bus home from school, what does he hide in the ravine?
(b) Ballet shoes.
2. When remembering her wedding with Paul, what does Cathy say the minister had to urge Chris to do?
(a) Assist Paul to the platform.
(b) Hold Cathy's bouquet.
(c) Hand over the ring.
(d) Pass Cathy her vows.
3. What does Chris worry about adopting a child when Cathy reveals that she's already had the papers signed?
(a) Using their real names.
(b) The adoption agency investigating.
(c) Hiring a lawyer.
(d) Adopting a girl over a boy.
4. When Jory is trapped in the attic, watching his parents, what does he feel ashamed for doing?
(b) Urinating in his pants.
(c) Crushing a paper flower.
5. What name does Jory hear the rich woman cry, when he climbs the oak tree after crying under a statue?
6. When Jory runs into the garden after overhearing his parents' argument, what statue does he cry under?
(a) The Winged Victory.
(b) The Kiss.
(d) The Thinker.
7. What does Bart try to train his new pet to be?
(a) Circus bear.
(c) Rescue dog.
8. In the chapter titled Shadows, Bart thinks pretending to be an _________ is tiring.
(c) Old man.
9. The rich woman was married to Bart's _________.
(b) Step father.
(d) Great grandfather.
10. When Cathy and Chris are arguing in the chapter titled Sugar and Spice, who does Cathy say she took Bart from?
11. When one of Cathy's ballet students is injured in a car accident, what does Cathy beg Chris to do?
(a) Become the student's doctor.
(b) Take over Cathy's classes.
(c) Move to South Carolina.
(d) Adopt the student's child.
12. In the beginning of the novel, in the attic, Chris assures Cathy that _______ is dead.
(a) The butler.
(b) Madame Marisha.
(c) The grandmother.
13. In My Heart's Desire, what does John Amos whisper of when he leads Bart to his cubby-hole?
(a) Rose thorns.
(c) Corruptible youth.
(d) Snake bites.
14. Who is Emma talking about in the chapter titled Shadows when she says, "Isn't she a living doll?"
15. How old does Bart tell his grandmother he'll be turning on his next birthday?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invites Bart to the mansion first?
2. After meeting with the old woman in the mansion for the first time, Jory thinks that two _____ are more than enough.
3. What is the name of Jory's family's one servant?
4. Which state does Jory's family visit every year?
5. What does Chris throw out of the attic windows in the chapter titled Jory?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)