|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bart's birth defect prevent him from doing?
(a) Having emotions.
(b) Wiggling his pinky.
(c) Hearing in his left ear.
(d) Feeling pain.
2. What did Bart accidentally kill by squeezing too tight?
3. When remembering her wedding with Paul, what does Cathy say the minister had to urge Chris to do?
(a) Assist Paul to the platform.
(b) Hold Cathy's bouquet.
(c) Hand over the ring.
(d) Pass Cathy her vows.
4. In My Heart's Desire, what does John Amos tell Bart being clever is?
(a) Knowing nothing is ever enough.
(b) Swiping their treasures from under their noses.
(c) Getting away with a deception.
(d) Not letting people suspect how smart you are.
5. After meeting with the old woman in the mansion for the first time, Jory thinks that two _____ are more than enough.
(b) Elderly Neighbors.
6. What is the rich woman hiding beneath her veil?
(a) Oxygen mask.
7. In Malcolm's journal, Malcolm's father has him strip naked, whips him, and then locks him in the attic for what offense?
(a) Hiding when his father called for him.
(b) Smoking his father's tobacco.
(c) Destroying his mother's childhood pictures.
(d) Shredding his mother's old corsets.
8. What name does Jory hear the rich woman cry, when he climbs the oak tree after crying under a statue?
9. Who invites Bart to the mansion first?
(c) The rich woman.
(d) John Amos.
10. Who does Cindy remind Cathy of?
11. What is the name of Jory's family's one servant?
(d) John Amos.
12. Who does Bart dream is leaving him?
(b) His grandmother.
13. What does Bart try to train his new pet to be?
(b) Circus bear.
(c) Rescue dog.
14. When the mansion is under renovation, who tells the boys to stay off the wall?
(b) Construction Boss.
(d) French maid.
15. Who does Bart's grandmother tell Bart to stay away from in My Heart's Desire?
(b) John Amos.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Bart his real father's name?
2. In My Heart's Desire, what does John Amos whisper of when he leads Bart to his cubby-hole?
3. What does Madame Marisha want Jory to call her in public?
4. According to John Amos, "_____ is what women use to make men weak."
5. What is the Sheffield's pet dog named?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)