|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bart pretending to be when he first meets the rich woman?
(a) Mountain climber.
(d) Submarine commander.
2. What does Madame Marisha want Jory to call her in public?
3. Who is Jory's father?
4. In the beginning of the novel, in the attic, Chris assures Cathy that _______ is dead.
(a) The butler.
(b) Madame Marisha.
(d) The grandmother.
5. Jory thinks that no one should be given more attention than _____.
6. What is Bart told his "real" father's name is?
(a) Chris Sheffield.
(b) Malcolm Foxworth.
(c) Bartholomew Winslow.
(d) Julian Marquet.
7. What does Jory think any girl he will ever love will have?
(a) Dancer silhouette.
(b) Sharp wit.
(c) Blue eyes.
(d) Blond hair.
8. Who is Emma talking about in the chapter titled Shadows when she says, "Isn't she a living doll?"
9. At the beginning of the chapter called My Heart's Desire, Bart says that Cindy is wicked for what?
(a) Dropping sippy cups on the floor.
(b) Not caring who sees her naked.
(c) Splashing in a pool.
(d) For calling his mother "Momma."
10. What does Bart try to train his new pet to be?
(b) Rescue dog.
(c) Circus bear.
11. What does Chris worry about adopting a child when Cathy reveals that she's already had the papers signed?
(a) Using their real names.
(b) Hiring a lawyer.
(c) The adoption agency investigating.
(d) Adopting a girl over a boy.
12. What does the rich woman tell Bart to call her?
(c) My Lady.
13. What is the name of the man Jory begins to remember from before Daddy Paul?
(a) Julian Marquet.
(b) John Amos.
(c) Bart Winslow.
(d) Malcolm Foxworth.
14. What does Bart hate visiting when his family vacations in the East?
(a) Disney World.
(b) Gas stations.
15. What does Bart's birth defect prevent him from doing?
(a) Wiggling his pinky.
(b) Feeling pain.
(c) Hearing in his left ear.
(d) Having emotions.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jory runs into the garden after overhearing his parents' argument, what statue does he cry under?
2. In My Heart's Desire, what does John Amos whisper of when he leads Bart to his cubby-hole?
3. According to John Amos, "_____ is what women use to make men weak."
4. When the mansion is under renovation, who tells the boys to stay off the wall?
5. What is the name of Cathy's injured ballet student?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)