|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bart dream is leaving him?
(b) His grandmother.
2. During their attic scene, how old does Chris say Cathy was when he knew her?
(a) Twenty seven.
(b) Thirty two.
3. When Chris is in the attic with Cathy and Jory, what does he say has been burned to the ground?
(a) Clairmont Court.
(b) Foxworth Hall.
(d) Greenglenna Estate.
4. Where does Bart's grandmother tell him her son ran away to in the chapter, My Heart's Desire?
5. What is the Sheffield's pet dog named?
6. What is the name of Jory's family's one servant?
(c) John Amos.
7. When Jory runs into the garden after overhearing his parents' argument, what statue does he cry under?
(a) The Winged Victory.
(b) The Kiss.
(d) The Thinker.
8. When one of Cathy's ballet students is injured in a car accident, what does Cathy beg Chris to do?
(a) Become the student's doctor.
(b) Adopt the student's child.
(c) Take over Cathy's classes.
(d) Move to South Carolina.
9. What is the name of Cathy's injured ballet student?
10. In My Heart's Desire, what does John Amos whisper of when he leads Bart to his cubby-hole?
(a) Snake bites.
(b) Rose thorns.
(d) Corruptible youth.
11. What does Jory think any girl he will ever love will have?
(a) Blond hair.
(b) Blue eyes.
(c) Sharp wit.
(d) Dancer silhouette.
12. What is the narrator in the prologue sitting by?
(a) Rose bushes.
(b) Paul's statues.
(c) A window in the mansion.
(d) The wall.
13. What does Madame Marisha want Jory to call her in public?
14. What gift from his grandmother does Bart find waiting for him in the barn?
(a) St. Bernard puppy.
(b) Calico kitten.
(c) Shetland pony.
(d) Miniature poodle.
15. Who tells Bart his real father's name?
(b) The rich woman.
(c) John Amos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jory overhear his mother calling Chris in the chapter titled Sugar and Spice?
2. Whose life does Cathy say she might have saved the only time she'd been right?
3. What name does Jory hear the rich woman cry, when he climbs the oak tree after crying under a statue?
4. What does Chris throw out of the attic windows in the chapter titled Jory?
5. Who is Cathy's third husband?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)