|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bart take from Jory's garden and place into his?
(a) Clovers collar.
(c) Cindy's toy truck.
(d) Rock Border.
2. Who is Cathy's third husband?
3. When Cathy and Chris are arguing in the chapter titled Sugar and Spice, who does Cathy say she took Bart from?
4. When the boys first see the rich woman next door, what color is she wearing?
5. In My Heart's Desire, what does John Amos whisper of when he leads Bart to his cubby-hole?
(b) Rose thorns.
(c) Corruptible youth.
(d) Snake bites.
6. What is Bart told his "real" father's name is?
(a) Malcolm Foxworth.
(b) Chris Sheffield.
(c) Julian Marquet.
(d) Bartholomew Winslow.
7. What does Bart's birth defect prevent him from doing?
(a) Wiggling his pinky.
(b) Having emotions.
(c) Hearing in his left ear.
(d) Feeling pain.
8. Who does Bart dream is leaving him?
(b) His grandmother.
9. In the first chapter, what leads Chris and Jory upstairs?
(a) Trapped bird.
(b) Glass breaking.
(c) Ballet music.
10. What does Jory think any girl he will ever love will have?
(a) Blond hair.
(b) Dancer silhouette.
(c) Sharp wit.
(d) Blue eyes.
11. After meeting with the old woman in the mansion for the first time, Jory thinks that two _____ are more than enough.
(b) Elderly Neighbors.
12. Who is Jory's father?
13. What is the name of Jory's family's one servant?
(d) John Amos.
14. What does Bart say when he meets Cindy?
(a) He hates her.
(b) He wants to feed her.
(d) She reminds him of sour milk.
15. What food does Bart's pet refuse to eat when Bart first tries to feed him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cindy remind Cathy of?
2. In My Heart's Desire, what does John Amos tell Bart being clever is?
3. When Jory is eavesdropping on his parents' argument downstairs, Cathy asks Chris if she reminds him of _______.
4. What is the name of Cathy's attorney?
5. What is the name of Cathy's injured ballet student?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)