|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Cathy's skimpy halter-top that she wears, to Bart's disapproval, while pushing Cindy in a baby swing?
2. In the chapter titled Shadows, Bart thinks pretending to be an _________ is tiring.
(c) Old man.
3. Cindy is Jory's _______.
(c) Dance partner.
4. What did Bart accidentally kill by squeezing too tight?
5. While conversing with Cathy in the attic, what does Chris say "often leads to reality?"
(b) The subconscious.
(d) Wishful thinking.
6. What name does Jory hear the rich woman cry, when he climbs the oak tree after crying under a statue?
7. What does Jory overhear his mother calling Chris in the chapter titled Sugar and Spice?
(b) Master manipulator.
(c) Corey Winslow.
(d) Christopher Doll.
8. What is the rich woman hiding beneath her veil?
(d) Oxygen mask.
9. When Bart's grandmother pokes her head over the wall to remind him to feed his pet, what does she find him over?
(a) Dead kitten.
(b) Planks for a dog house.
(c) Fish pond.
10. How old does Bart tell his grandmother he'll be turning on his next birthday?
11. Who is Emma talking about in the chapter titled Shadows when she says, "Isn't she a living doll?"
12. Who does Cindy remind Cathy of?
13. When Jory runs into the garden after overhearing his parents' argument, what statue does he cry under?
(a) The Winged Victory.
(b) The Kiss.
(d) The Thinker.
14. When Jory is trapped in the attic, watching his parents, what does he feel ashamed for doing?
(b) Urinating in his pants.
(c) Crushing a paper flower.
15. What is Bart told his "real" father's name is?
(a) Malcolm Foxworth.
(b) Bartholomew Winslow.
(c) Julian Marquet.
(d) Chris Sheffield.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bart pretending to be when he first meets the rich woman?
2. When the mansion is under renovation, who tells the boys to stay off the wall?
3. Who is Jory's father?
4. In the first chapter, what leads Chris and Jory upstairs?
5. After meeting with the old woman in the mansion for the first time, Jory thinks that two _____ are more than enough.
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)