|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invites Bart to the mansion first?
(c) The rich woman.
(d) John Amos.
2. What does Jory overhear his mother calling Chris in the chapter titled Sugar and Spice?
(a) Master manipulator.
(b) Christopher Doll.
(d) Corey Winslow.
3. Who is Jory's father?
4. When Cathy and Chris are arguing in the chapter titled Sugar and Spice, who does Cathy say she took Bart from?
5. When Jory comes home from ballet class early to speak with Bart, who does Jory find Bart with?
(a) The rich woman.
(b) John Amos.
6. What did Bart accidentally kill by squeezing too tight?
7. When Jory runs into the garden after overhearing his parents' argument, what statue does he cry under?
(a) The Kiss.
(b) The Thinker.
(c) The Winged Victory.
8. Jory thinks that no one should be given more attention than _____.
9. What is the name of Cathy's attorney?
(a) Richard Blackguard.
(b) Damien Winter.
(c) Jules Foxworth.
(d) Simon Daughtry.
10. How old does Bart tell his grandmother he'll be turning on his next birthday?
11. Who is Emma talking about in the chapter titled Shadows when she says, "Isn't she a living doll?"
12. According to John Amos, "_____ is what women use to make men weak."
13. In My Heart's Desire, what does John Amos tell Bart being clever is?
(a) Not letting people suspect how smart you are.
(b) Swiping their treasures from under their noses.
(c) Getting away with a deception.
(d) Knowing nothing is ever enough.
14. In the beginning of the novel, in the attic, Chris assures Cathy that _______ is dead.
(a) The grandmother.
(b) The butler.
(d) Madame Marisha.
15. When the boys first see the rich woman next door, what color is she wearing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Jory's family's one servant?
2. Who does Jory think his parents show their most fervent side to?
3. What is the Sheffield's pet dog named?
4. What do Jory and Bart plant to honor Uncle Cory's and Aunt Carrie's birthday?
5. In the chapter titled Shadows, Bart thinks pretending to be an _________ is tiring.
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)