|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Pages 241 through 374.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of the novel, in the attic, Chris assures Cathy that _______ is dead.
(b) The butler.
(c) Madame Marisha.
(d) The grandmother.
2. The rich woman was married to Bart's _________.
(b) Great grandfather.
(c) Step father.
3. Who is Cathy's brother?
(b) Bartholomew Winslow.
4. According to John Amos, "_____ is what women use to make men weak."
5. What does Chris first recognize about the old woman next door?
(a) Her costly shoes.
(b) Her voice.
(c) Her blond hair.
(d) Her rings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What food does Bart's pet refuse to eat when Bart first tries to feed him?
2. In Gathering Darkness, what does Chris use to coax Bart out of bed?
3. After Jory overhears the family secret, what does he sneak into his mother's room to do?
4. What does Madame Marisha send with Jory as a peace offering to Cathy?
5. Which floor, does Malcolm's journal say Corrine hid her children on?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)