|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chris throw out of the attic windows in the chapter titled Jory?
(b) Picnic hamper.
(c) Shreds of an old photo.
(d) Paper flowers.
2. Where does Bart discover Clover's body?
(a) Hollow tree.
(b) Apple's barn.
(c) The rich woman's rose bushes.
(d) Fish pond.
3. What reason does the old woman give to Jory for why she doesn't open the drapes in her windows?
(a) She feels safe in the darkness.
(b) Windows frighten her.
(c) The light hurts her eyes.
(d) She hasn't had the windows cleaned yet.
4. Who invites Bart to the mansion first?
(a) John Amos.
(c) The rich woman.
5. Who does Bart dream is leaving him?
(b) His grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first chapter, what leads Chris and Jory upstairs?
2. What name does Jory hear the rich woman cry, when he climbs the oak tree after crying under a statue?
3. Which state does Jory's family visit every year?
4. How old does Bart tell his grandmother he'll be turning on his next birthday?
5. When Jory runs into the garden after overhearing his parents' argument, what statue does he cry under?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)