|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Pages 53 through 94.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Malcolm's journal, Malcolm's father has him strip naked, whips him, and then locks him in the attic for what offense?
(a) Smoking his father's tobacco.
(b) Destroying his mother's childhood pictures.
(c) Shredding his mother's old corsets.
(d) Hiding when his father called for him.
2. When the mansion is under renovation, who tells the boys to stay off the wall?
(a) French maid.
(b) Construction Boss.
3. When the boys first see the rich woman next door, what color is she wearing?
4. Which state does Jory's family visit every year?
(b) South Carolina.
5. What does Bart take from Jory's garden and place into his?
(a) Rock Border.
(c) Cindy's toy truck.
(d) Clovers collar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bart told his "real" father's name is?
2. Who tells Bart his real father's name?
3. Who does Jory think his parents show their most fervent side to?
4. When the mansion was abandoned what would Bart and Jory try to save by opening the mansion doors?
5. In the beginning of the novel, in the attic, Chris assures Cathy that _______ is dead.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)