|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Pages 53 through 94.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Cathy and Chris are arguing in the chapter titled Sugar and Spice, who does Cathy say she took Bart from?
2. In My Heart's Desire, what does John Amos tell Bart being clever is?
(a) Getting away with a deception.
(b) Knowing nothing is ever enough.
(c) Not letting people suspect how smart you are.
(d) Swiping their treasures from under their noses.
3. What dance moves does Cathy do around Chris after he discovers her in the attic?
4. Who invites Bart to the mansion first?
(b) The rich woman.
(d) John Amos.
5. In the first chapter, what leads Chris and Jory upstairs?
(a) Glass breaking.
(b) Ballet music.
(d) Trapped bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cindy remind Cathy of?
2. In Malcolm's journal, Malcolm's father has him strip naked, whips him, and then locks him in the attic for what offense?
3. What color is Cathy's skimpy halter-top that she wears, to Bart's disapproval, while pushing Cindy in a baby swing?
4. Who does Jory think his parents show their most fervent side to?
5. What is the narrator in the prologue sitting by?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)