|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Pages 53 through 94.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chris throw out of the attic windows in the chapter titled Jory?
(b) Paper flowers.
(c) Shreds of an old photo.
(d) Picnic hamper.
2. In the beginning of the novel, in the attic, Chris assures Cathy that _______ is dead.
(a) Madame Marisha.
(b) The grandmother.
(d) The butler.
3. Cindy is Jory's _______.
(d) Dance partner.
4. When Jory runs into the garden after overhearing his parents' argument, what statue does he cry under?
(a) The Winged Victory.
(b) The Kiss.
(c) The Thinker.
5. When Bart's grandmother promises Bart his heart's desire as she rocks him in her rocking chair, what uncharacteristic thing does Bart suddenly want?
(a) A trip to Disneyland.
(b) A puppy pony.
(c) Piles of money.
(d) A walking cane.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jory is trapped in the attic, watching his parents, what does he feel ashamed for doing?
2. What does Bart's birth defect prevent him from doing?
3. What does Jory overhear his mother calling Chris in the chapter titled Sugar and Spice?
4. What is Bart told his "real" father's name is?
5. What gift from his grandmother does Bart find waiting for him in the barn?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)