|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Pages 53 through 94.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bart hate visiting when his family vacations in the East?
(b) Gas stations.
(c) Disney World.
2. When Chris is in the attic with Cathy and Jory, what does he say has been burned to the ground?
(a) Foxworth Hall.
(b) Clairmont Court.
(d) Greenglenna Estate.
3. In My Heart's Desire, what does John Amos whisper of when he leads Bart to his cubby-hole?
(a) Rose thorns.
(b) Snake bites.
(d) Corruptible youth.
4. In the first chapter, what leads Chris and Jory upstairs?
(a) Trapped bird.
(b) Ballet music.
(d) Glass breaking.
5. In the beginning of the novel, in the attic, Chris assures Cathy that _______ is dead.
(a) Madame Marisha.
(b) The butler.
(c) The grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jory overhear his mother calling Chris in the chapter titled Sugar and Spice?
2. According to John Amos, "_____ is what women use to make men weak."
3. What is the name of Cathy's attorney?
4. Who does Jory think his parents show their most fervent side to?
5. What does Bart's birth defect prevent him from doing?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)