|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Pages 53 through 94.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of the novel, in the attic, Chris assures Cathy that _______ is dead.
(a) Madame Marisha.
(c) The grandmother.
(d) The butler.
2. What is the name of Jory's family's one servant?
(a) John Amos.
3. Which state does Jory's family visit every year?
(d) South Carolina.
4. What does Chris worry about adopting a child when Cathy reveals that she's already had the papers signed?
(a) The adoption agency investigating.
(b) Using their real names.
(c) Hiring a lawyer.
(d) Adopting a girl over a boy.
5. What is the rich woman hiding beneath her veil?
(b) Oxygen mask.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jory is eavesdropping on his parents' argument downstairs, Cathy asks Chris if she reminds him of _______.
2. When Jory has to ride the bus home from school, what does he hide in the ravine?
3. After meeting with the old woman in the mansion for the first time, Jory thinks that two _____ are more than enough.
4. What is Bart told his "real" father's name is?
5. What is the name of Cathy's injured ballet student?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)