|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Pages 53 through 94.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the mansion was abandoned what would Bart and Jory try to save by opening the mansion doors?
(a) House plants.
(c) Mouse babies.
(d) Bottle caps.
2. Cindy is Jory's _______.
(a) Dance partner.
3. After meeting with the old woman in the mansion for the first time, Jory thinks that two _____ are more than enough.
(d) Elderly Neighbors.
4. When Bart's grandmother promises Bart his heart's desire as she rocks him in her rocking chair, what uncharacteristic thing does Bart suddenly want?
(a) A trip to Disneyland.
(b) A puppy pony.
(c) Piles of money.
(d) A walking cane.
5. In the first chapter, what leads Chris and Jory upstairs?
(a) Glass breaking.
(b) Ballet music.
(c) Trapped bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the rich woman tell Bart to call her?
2. In My Heart's Desire, what does John Amos whisper of when he leads Bart to his cubby-hole?
3. Whose life does Cathy say she might have saved the only time she'd been right?
4. When Cathy and Chris are arguing in the chapter titled Sugar and Spice, who does Cathy say she took Bart from?
5. When the boys first see the rich woman next door, what color is she wearing?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)