|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Pages 241 through 374.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator in the prologue sitting by?
(a) A window in the mansion.
(b) Paul's statues.
(c) The wall.
(d) Rose bushes.
2. Who tells Bart his real father's name?
(b) John Amos.
(c) The rich woman.
3. Who does Jory think his parents show their most fervent side to?
(a) Madame Marisha.
(b) Their friends.
(c) Their children.
(d) Each other.
4. Which floor, does Malcolm's journal say Corrine hid her children on?
5. What reason does the old woman give to Jory for why she doesn't open the drapes in her windows?
(a) Windows frighten her.
(b) The light hurts her eyes.
(c) She feels safe in the darkness.
(d) She hasn't had the windows cleaned yet.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Tales of Evil, the old woman asks Jory if he could forgive his parents for _________.
2. When Chris is in the attic with Cathy and Jory, what does he say has been burned to the ground?
3. After Bart shoves Cindy from Cathy's lap, Cathy calls him the child of her _________.
4. In Gathering Darkness, what does Chris use to coax Bart out of bed?
5. What does Bart give to his father to help save Cathy and Corrine?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)