|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Pages 53 through 94.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does Bart tell his grandmother he'll be turning on his next birthday?
2. In Malcolm's journal, Malcolm's father has him strip naked, whips him, and then locks him in the attic for what offense?
(a) Hiding when his father called for him.
(b) Shredding his mother's old corsets.
(c) Destroying his mother's childhood pictures.
(d) Smoking his father's tobacco.
3. Who is Emma talking about in the chapter titled Shadows when she says, "Isn't she a living doll?"
4. In My Heart's Desire, what does John Amos whisper of when he leads Bart to his cubby-hole?
(a) Rose thorns.
(b) Corruptible youth.
(c) Snake bites.
5. According to John Amos, "_____ is what women use to make men weak."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jory think any girl he will ever love will have?
2. What does Chris worry about adopting a child when Cathy reveals that she's already had the papers signed?
3. When remembering her wedding with Paul, what does Cathy say the minister had to urge Chris to do?
4. What is the name of the man Jory begins to remember from before Daddy Paul?
5. When one of Cathy's ballet students is injured in a car accident, what does Cathy beg Chris to do?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)