Part I, Page 1-53
1. What is the narrator in the prologue sitting by?
(a) A window in the mansion.
(b) Rose bushes.
(c) Paul's statues.
(d) The wall.
2. When Jory has to ride the bus home from school, what does he hide in the ravine?
(d) Ballet shoes.
3. Who is Jory's father?
4. Who is Cathy's third husband?
5. What does Madame Marisha want Jory to call her in public?
6. Which state does Jory's family visit every year?
(a) South Carolina.
7. Who does Jory think his parents show their most fervent side to?
(a) Madame Marisha.
(b) Each other.
(c) Their friends.
(d) Their children.
8. What is the name of Jory's family's one servant?
(b) John Amos.
9. In the first chapter, what leads Chris and Jory upstairs?
(a) Ballet music.
(b) Glass breaking.
(d) Trapped bird.
10. Where does the first interaction between Chris and Cathy happen?
This section contains 3,701 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)