Part I, Page 1-53
• Jory overhears Cathy and Chris talking about a grandmother they are afraid of and how they knew each other when Cathy was fourteen.
• A rich, old woman moves into the house next door to the boys.
• Cathy wants to adopt her student's daughter.
• The woman next door invites Bart over to visit, bribing him with treats, toys, and pets
• The woman tells Bart to call her grandmother.
• John Amos tells Bart the woman is his grandmother and that she was once married to Bart's real father, Bartholomew Winslow.
Part I, Pages 53 through 94
• Cathy and Chris fight over adopting Cindy.
• Jory finds Bart sitting on the old woman's lap next door.
• Chris and Cathy adopt Cindy.
• The old woman gives Bart a dog that he pretends is a pony and names Apple.
• Jory decides not to tell his parents about Apple.
• Bart is discovered with...
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)