Part I, Page 1-53
* Jory overhears Cathy and Chris talking about a grandmother they are afraid of and how they knew each other when Cathy was fourteen.
* A rich, old woman moves into the house next door to the boys.
* Cathy wants to adopt her student's daughter.
* The woman next door invites Bart over to visit, bribing him with treats, toys, and pets
* The woman tells Bart to call her grandmother.
* John Amos tells Bart the woman is his grandmother and that she was once married to Bart's real father, Bartholomew Winslow.
Part I, Pages 53 through 94
* Cathy and Chris fight over adopting Cindy.
* Jory finds Bart sitting on the old woman's lap next door.
* Chris and Cathy adopt Cindy.
* The old woman gives Bart a dog that he pretends is a pony and names Apple.
* Jory decides not to tell his parents about Apple.
* Bart is discovered with...
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)