|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Flannery want his readers to read?
2. What is the name of the version of Lotaria who has sex with the reader?
3. What does Lotaria tell the third police officer to call her?
4. To what does Flannery compare a reader?
5. In "What Story Down There Awaits its End?", what is the name of the woman the main character wants to see?
Essay Topic 1
What role does the second-person perspective play in the novel? How does the use of second-person perspective have an impact on the reader? What is the author able to do with the second perspective that he would not be able to do otherwise?
Essay Topic 2
What role does erasure play in the novel? Which characters are a part of the theme of erasure? How does the plot deal with erasure? How is erasure portrayed? Why is erasure significant to the novel's plot and characters?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Lotaria's character. What motivates Lotaria? What is her purpose in the novel? Is she a protagonist or an antagonist? Why? Cite two pieces of evidence from the novel.
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)