|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marana often do to delay his submissions?
2. What are the two parts of the OAP called?
3. What does Lotaria tell the second police officer to call her?
4. In "In a Network of Lines that Intersect," when the man's wife saves him, what is she holding?
5. Who is the writer of "What Story Down There Awaits its End?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the book "In a Network of Lines that Intersect."
2. What is the role of the OEPHLW?
3. Describe the story in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon."
4. What is the role of the OAP?
5. Why does Lotaria say that all things are fake?
6. Why does Ludmilla regret meeting Flannery?
7. How does Ludmilla describe her relationship with Marana?
8. Describe the story "What Story Down There Awaits Its End?"
9. Why is the reader arrested? Who holds him and why?
10. Why does the reader accept the assignment in Chapter 10?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is odd about the format in this novel? Why do you think the author chooses to include many small stories within one large story? Is this an effective storytelling method? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Is reading a personal experience? Why or why not? What evidence in the novel suggests that it is? Cite at least three examples.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Marana and Flannery. How are these two characters similar and different? How do they have different but similar goals? How are both reflections of the author, Calvino?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)