|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lotaria, who will win as a result of the world's fakeness?
2. How does Flannery want his readers to read?
3. In "In a Network of Lines that Intersect," when the man's wife saves him, what is she holding?
4. Who once had a personal relationship with Marana, according to Irnerio?
5. Who becomes obsessed with a woman that he spies on through a telescope?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the books named described in the novel and analyze it. What motivates the characters in this story? What role does diction play? What's more important - plot or characterization? To whose tastes does this book cater?
Essay Topic 2
What are the goals and motivations of each character in the novel? Analyze three different characters and their motivations, citing at least one example each.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the use of diction in the novel. How is word choice used effectively or ineffectively in the novel? Find at least five specific pieces of evidence to include in your essay.
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)