|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Father of Stories?
2. Who started the OAP?
3. What does the man realize while making love to Miyagi in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
4. Who does the reader decide to visit to determine which book is "In a Network of Lines that Enlace"?
5. Who does the reader imagine is the woman Marana describes in his letters?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the story "What Story Down There Awaits Its End?"
2. How are sensations used in the story "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
3. Describe the book "In a Network of Lines that Intersect."
4. Describe the story in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon."
5. Why do scientists have a woman strapped to a chair reading, according to Marana?
6. What is the role of the OEPHLW?
7. What foreshadowing is presented in the reader's desire to visit Flannery?
8. Why does Ludmilla regret meeting Flannery?
9. How can reading stimulate life, according to the author?
10. Why does Lotaria say that all things are fake?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does the second-person perspective play in the novel? How does the use of second-person perspective have an impact on the reader? What is the author able to do with the second perspective that he would not be able to do otherwise?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the battle for language in the novel. How do the two sides continue to fight? How does the battle still affect those who read? What tone does the battle set for the novel?
Essay Topic 3
What are the goals and motivations of each character in the novel? Analyze three different characters and their motivations, citing at least one example each.
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)