|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what type of book does Ludmilla like?
2. In Chapter 7, who is late for a meeting?
3. Who does the reader decide to visit to determine which book is "In a Network of Lines that Enlace"?
4. According to Marana, who has kidnapped him?
5. Who do the Wings of Shadow follow?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Flannery view his readers?
2. Describe the story in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon."
3. Why is the reader arrested? Who holds him and why?
4. Describe the significance of the reader going from innocent to agent.
5. Describe the plot of "Around an Empty Grave."
6. Why does Lotaria say that all things are fake?
7. Describe the relationship Ludmilla has with Irnerio that the reader discovers in Chapter 7.
8. Describe the book "In a Network of Lines that Intersect."
9. How does Ludmilla describe her relationship with Marana?
10. How can reading stimulate life, according to the author?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does erasure play in the novel? Which characters are a part of the theme of erasure? How does the plot deal with erasure? How is erasure portrayed? Why is erasure significant to the novel's plot and characters?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character of the reader. What motivates him to keep searching for the "right" book? Is the character particularly likable? Why or why not? What evidence in the novel makes you have an opinion of him?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance behind the novel titles creating a complete sentence? What does the sentence mean? What does the sentence ask the reader to contemplate?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)