|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lotaria, who will win as a result of the world's fakeness?
2. How does Flannery want his readers to read?
3. In "In a Network of Lines that Intersect," when the man's wife saves him, what is she holding?
4. Who once had a personal relationship with Marana, according to Irnerio?
5. Who becomes obsessed with a woman that he spies on through a telescope?
Essay Topic 1
How does the author send a message about censorship to the reader? What do you think this message is? Which characters seem to side with the author? What does this tell you about these characters?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Marana and Flannery. How are these two characters similar and different? How do they have different but similar goals? How are both reflections of the author, Calvino?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the books named described in the novel and analyze it. What motivates the characters in this story? What role does diction play? What's more important - plot or characterization? To whose tastes does this book cater?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)