|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do both wings of the OAP have in common?
2. Who is the writer of "What Story Down There Awaits its End?"
3. How does the man in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect" conceal his true self?
4. Who summoned Marana to break off translation of a novel at a suspenseful part?
5. Which of the following describes Ludmilla's book collection?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the battle for language in the novel. How do the two sides continue to fight? How does the battle still affect those who read? What tone does the battle set for the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the books named described in the novel and analyze it. What motivates the characters in this story? What role does diction play? What's more important - plot or characterization? To whose tastes does this book cater?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Irnerio. What is his role in the novel? At what point does he threaten to stand in the way of the reader's mission? Cite two pieces of evidence from the novel.
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)