|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the author who believes he was plagiarized by Flannery?
2. From looking in Ludmilla's kitchen, what can the reader determine?
3. What is the name of the writer of "In a Network of Lines that Enlace"?
4. In "What Story Down There Awaits its End?", where are the agents from who give the main character information?
5. What does Flannery find missing from his room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of foreshadowing in the novel? What events are foreshadowed? What techniques are used to foreshadow events? What foreshadows the marriage between Ludmilla and the reader? Cite one specific example.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the books named described in the novel and analyze it. What motivates the characters in this story? What role does diction play? What's more important - plot or characterization? To whose tastes does this book cater?
Essay Topic 3
Is reading a personal experience? Why or why not? What evidence in the novel suggests that it is? Cite at least three examples.
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)