|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lotaria, who will win as a result of the world's fakeness?
2. According to Marana, who has kidnapped him?
3. Whose reading habits do those censoring novels have most in common with?
4. What transition does the reader take in Chapter 10?
5. What is the name of the version of Lotaria who has sex with the reader?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Marana and Flannery. How are these two characters similar and different? How do they have different but similar goals? How are both reflections of the author, Calvino?
Essay Topic 2
Cite at least three specific examples of imagery in the novel. What is the significance of imagery in a novel? What tone does imagery set for the novel?
Essay Topic 3
How does the author send a message about censorship to the reader? What do you think this message is? Which characters seem to side with the author? What does this tell you about these characters?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)