|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following do the man and Okeda discuss after he collects the items in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
2. What does Flannery find missing from his room?
3. Who are those in "What Story Down There Awaits its End?" who want to tear down the world and bring it back up?
4. What is the man obsessed with in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect"?
5. To what does Flannery compare a reader?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe "In a Network of Lines that Enlace."
2. What is the role of the OAP?
3. Describe how the ramifications of falsehoods are explored in Chapter 9.
4. Why does Lotaria say that all things are fake?
5. Why does Ludmilla regret meeting Flannery?
6. Why do scientists have a woman strapped to a chair reading, according to Marana?
7. Describe the way information is given to the reader in Chapter 6.
8. What is the role of the OEPHLW?
9. Describe the plot of "Around an Empty Grave."
10. How does Ludmilla describe her relationship with Marana?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cite at least three specific examples of imagery in the novel. What is the significance of imagery in a novel? What tone does imagery set for the novel?
Essay Topic 2
What role does erasure play in the novel? Which characters are a part of the theme of erasure? How does the plot deal with erasure? How is erasure portrayed? Why is erasure significant to the novel's plot and characters?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the use of diction in the novel. How is word choice used effectively or ineffectively in the novel? Find at least five specific pieces of evidence to include in your essay.
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)