|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man obsessed with in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect"?
2. In Chapter 7, who is late for a meeting?
3. Why is the reader put in a prison run by revolutionaries?
4. Who is in the reader's dream where he is on a train?
5. What is the name of the author who believes he was plagiarized by Flannery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the significance of the reader going from innocent to agent.
2. What is the role of the OEPHLW?
3. Describe the way information is given to the reader in Chapter 6.
4. Describe how the ramifications of falsehoods are explored in Chapter 9.
5. Describe the book "In a Network of Lines that Intersect."
6. How does Ludmilla describe her relationship with Marana?
7. Describe the shift in perspective that occurs in Chapter 7 and why the author included this.
8. How are sensations used in the story "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
9. What foreshadowing is presented in the reader's desire to visit Flannery?
10. Why does Lotaria say that all things are fake?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character of the reader. What motivates him to keep searching for the "right" book? Is the character particularly likable? Why or why not? What evidence in the novel makes you have an opinion of him?
Essay Topic 2
Is reading a personal experience? Why or why not? What evidence in the novel suggests that it is? Cite at least three examples.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance behind the novel titles creating a complete sentence? What does the sentence mean? What does the sentence ask the reader to contemplate?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)