|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lotaria tell the second police officer to call her?
2. How does the man in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect" conceal his true self?
3. In "What Story Down There Awaits its End?" why does the man want to erase the world?
4. What does OEPHLW stand for?
5. What is the name of the version of Lotaria who has sex with the reader?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe "In a Network of Lines that Enlace."
2. Describe the book "In a Network of Lines that Intersect."
3. Why does Marana seem like a strange character?
4. Why is the reader arrested? Who holds him and why?
5. Why does the reader accept the assignment in Chapter 10?
6. Why does Lotaria say that all things are fake?
7. What is the role of the OEPHLW?
8. Describe the significance of the reader going from innocent to agent.
9. What is the role of the OAP?
10. Describe the story in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author send a message about censorship to the reader? What do you think this message is? Which characters seem to side with the author? What does this tell you about these characters?
Essay Topic 2
Cite at least three specific examples of imagery in the novel. What is the significance of imagery in a novel? What tone does imagery set for the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the use of diction in the novel. How is word choice used effectively or ineffectively in the novel? Find at least five specific pieces of evidence to include in your essay.
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)