|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what type of book does Ludmilla like?
2. How does the man in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect" conceal his true self?
3. Who do the Wings of Shadow follow?
4. What is the name of Amarant's mother?
5. What does Lotaria tell the third police officer to call her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ludmilla regret meeting Flannery?
2. How does the theme of "creating copies" come into play?
3. Describe the plot of "Around an Empty Grave."
4. What foreshadowing is presented in the reader's desire to visit Flannery?
5. Why is the reader arrested? Who holds him and why?
6. Describe the significance of the reader going from innocent to agent.
7. Describe the book "In a Network of Lines that Intersect."
8. Describe how the ramifications of falsehoods are explored in Chapter 9.
9. Describe the shift in perspective that occurs in Chapter 7 and why the author included this.
10. How can reading stimulate life, according to the author?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author send a message about censorship to the reader? What do you think this message is? Which characters seem to side with the author? What does this tell you about these characters?
Essay Topic 2
What are the benefits to this book being interactive for the reader? How does the author make it interactive? Is the author effective or ineffective in making the book interactive?
Essay Topic 3
What role does erasure play in the novel? Which characters are a part of the theme of erasure? How does the plot deal with erasure? How is erasure portrayed? Why is erasure significant to the novel's plot and characters?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)