|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In whom is Ludmilla currently romantically interested?
2. Which of the following do the man and Okeda discuss after he collects the items in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
3. What do both wings of the OAP have in common?
4. To what does Flannery compare a reader?
5. What does the man realize while making love to Miyagi in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the reader arrested? Who holds him and why?
2. How does Flannery view his readers?
3. Describe the plot of "Around an Empty Grave."
4. What foreshadowing is presented in the reader's desire to visit Flannery?
5. Why does Lotaria say that all things are fake?
6. What is the role of the OAP?
7. How can reading stimulate life, according to the author?
8. Describe how the ramifications of falsehoods are explored in Chapter 9.
9. Describe the relationship Ludmilla has with Irnerio that the reader discovers in Chapter 7.
10. Describe the way information is given to the reader in Chapter 6.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author send a message about censorship to the reader? What do you think this message is? Which characters seem to side with the author? What does this tell you about these characters?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Lotaria's character. What motivates Lotaria? What is her purpose in the novel? Is she a protagonist or an antagonist? Why? Cite two pieces of evidence from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Ludmilla's character. What is her significance to the story and to the main character. Do you think Ludmilla is a deep or shallow character? Cite two specific pieces of evidence from the novel.
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)