Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose name is on a death sentence for treason in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
2. What separates Ludmilla's friend from Ludmilla?
3. When the reader turns the page, what does he discover to make a defective book?
4. In "Outside the Town of Malbork," where does the main character's spend his final morning?
5. What allows the reader to personalize the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship Ludmilla has with Irnerio that the reader discovers in Chapter 7.
2. Why is reading a personal experience?
3. Why does the author make each book title connect to become a complete sentence?
4. Describe the plot of "Around an Empty Grave."
5. Describe the "invisible I" character.
6. Describe the story "What Story Down There Awaits Its End?"
7. What is the origin of the problem with the books?
8. Describe the book "In a Network of Lines that Intersect."
9. For what does the reader continue to search after finding a problem with his second book?
10. Why does the reader accept the assignment in Chapter 10?
Describe the setting in the novel. Why is setting significant to the novel? How would the novel change if it had a different setting? Cite one piece of evidence from the novel.
Is reading a personal experience? Why or why not? What evidence in the novel suggests that it is? Cite at least three examples.
Describe Lotaria's character. What motivates Lotaria? What is her purpose in the novel? Is she a protagonist or an antagonist? Why? Cite two pieces of evidence from the novel.
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)