Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose name is on a death sentence for treason in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
2. What separates Ludmilla's friend from Ludmilla?
3. When the reader turns the page, what does he discover to make a defective book?
4. In "Outside the Town of Malbork," where does the main character's spend his final morning?
5. What allows the reader to personalize the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship Ludmilla has with Irnerio that the reader discovers in Chapter 7.
2. Why is reading a personal experience?
3. Why does the author make each book title connect to become a complete sentence?
4. Describe the plot of "Around an Empty Grave."
5. Describe the "invisible I" character.
6. Describe the story "What Story Down There Awaits Its End?"
7. What is the origin of the problem with the books?
8. Describe the book "In a Network of Lines that Intersect."
9. For what does the reader continue to search after finding a problem with his second book?
10. Why does the reader accept the assignment in Chapter 10?
Essay Topic 1
What are the goals and motivations of each character in the novel? Analyze three different characters and their motivations, citing at least one example each.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Ludmilla's character. What is her significance to the story and to the main character. Do you think Ludmilla is a deep or shallow character? Cite two specific pieces of evidence from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
How does the author send a message about censorship to the reader? What do you think this message is? Which characters seem to side with the author? What does this tell you about these characters?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)