Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose name is on a death sentence for treason in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
2. What separates Ludmilla's friend from Ludmilla?
3. When the reader turns the page, what does he discover to make a defective book?
4. In "Outside the Town of Malbork," where does the main character's spend his final morning?
5. What allows the reader to personalize the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship Ludmilla has with Irnerio that the reader discovers in Chapter 7.
2. Why is reading a personal experience?
3. Why does the author make each book title connect to become a complete sentence?
4. Describe the plot of "Around an Empty Grave."
5. Describe the "invisible I" character.
6. Describe the story "What Story Down There Awaits Its End?"
7. What is the origin of the problem with the books?
8. Describe the book "In a Network of Lines that Intersect."
9. For what does the reader continue to search after finding a problem with his second book?
10. Why does the reader accept the assignment in Chapter 10?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Irnerio. What is his role in the novel? At what point does he threaten to stand in the way of the reader's mission? Cite two pieces of evidence from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Cite at least three specific examples of imagery in the novel. What is the significance of imagery in a novel? What tone does imagery set for the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character of the reader. What motivates him to keep searching for the "right" book? Is the character particularly likable? Why or why not? What evidence in the novel makes you have an opinion of him?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)