Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose name is on a death sentence for treason in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
2. What separates Ludmilla's friend from Ludmilla?
3. When the reader turns the page, what does he discover to make a defective book?
4. In "Outside the Town of Malbork," where does the main character's spend his final morning?
5. What allows the reader to personalize the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship Ludmilla has with Irnerio that the reader discovers in Chapter 7.
2. Why is reading a personal experience?
3. Why does the author make each book title connect to become a complete sentence?
4. Describe the plot of "Around an Empty Grave."
5. Describe the "invisible I" character.
6. Describe the story "What Story Down There Awaits Its End?"
7. What is the origin of the problem with the books?
8. Describe the book "In a Network of Lines that Intersect."
9. For what does the reader continue to search after finding a problem with his second book?
10. Why does the reader accept the assignment in Chapter 10?
Choose one of the books named described in the novel and analyze it. What motivates the characters in this story? What role does diction play? What's more important - plot or characterization? To whose tastes does this book cater?
What are the benefits to this book being interactive for the reader? How does the author make it interactive? Is the author effective or ineffective in making the book interactive?
What is the significance behind the novel titles creating a complete sentence? What does the sentence mean? What does the sentence ask the reader to contemplate?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)