|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is the main character in "What Story Down There Awaits its End?" most similar?
(b) The reader.
2. Who does the reader imagine is the woman Marana describes in his letters?
(c) A character from one of the novels.
(d) The bookseller.
3. What is the man obsessed with in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect"?
4. What does Lotaria tell the second police officer to call her?
5. Who are those in "What Story Down There Awaits its End?" who want to tear down the world and bring it back up?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miyagi want the young man to gather for them in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
2. What are the two parts of the OAP called?
3. What does the man realize while making love to Miyagi in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
4. Where is the woman from that is held in a chair, forced to read?
5. What does OEPHLW stand for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the role of the OAP?
2. Describe the story in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon."
3. Describe the way information is given to the reader in Chapter 6.
4. What do you think Calvino is trying to say about censorship?
5. Why does Marana seem like a strange character?
6. Why does Ludmilla regret meeting Flannery?
7. Why do scientists have a woman strapped to a chair reading, according to Marana?
8. How can reading stimulate life, according to the author?
9. Describe "In a Network of Lines that Enlace."
10. Describe the shift in perspective that occurs in Chapter 7 and why the author included this.
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)