|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose reading habits do those censoring novels have most in common with?
2. Which of the following does the girl who seems to be Lotaria tell the reader to call her?
(b) Mary Anne.
3. In "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon," who is the young man's teacher?
(c) Mr. Okeda.
4. What does Miyagi want the young man to gather for them in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
(a) Small lizards..
(c) Water lilies.
5. Which of the following is Calvino clearly against, as seen in the novel?
(a) Solving mysteries.
(b) Writing for pleasure.
(c) Reading for pleasure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lotaria tell the third police officer to call her?
2. Who do the Wings of Shadow follow?
3. What makes the main character in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect" think he is going insane?
4. Who does the reader decide to visit to determine which book is "In a Network of Lines that Enlace"?
5. Who is the Father of Stories?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the shift in perspective that occurs in Chapter 7 and why the author included this.
2. How does Flannery view his readers?
3. How are sensations used in the story "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
4. Why does the reader accept the assignment in Chapter 10?
5. Why does Marana seem like a strange character?
6. What is the role of the OEPHLW?
7. Why is the reader arrested? Who holds him and why?
8. Describe the relationship Ludmilla has with Irnerio that the reader discovers in Chapter 7.
9. Describe "In a Network of Lines that Enlace."
10. What do you think Calvino is trying to say about censorship?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)