|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the main character in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect" think he is going insane?
(a) Seeing his reflection on all sides.
(b) Seeing his family hurt.
(c) Being locked in a basement for days.
(d) Seeing his collection of items get destroyed.
2. Against whom does the main character in "Around an Empty Grave" prepare to defend himself?
(d) Dona Jazmina.
3. In "What Story Down There Awaits its End?", what is the name of the woman the main character wants to see?
4. What does Marana often do to delay his submissions?
(a) He goes on vacation.
(b) He writes letters.
(c) He changes publishers.
(d) He makes phone calls.
5. Which of the following describes Ludmilla's book collection?
(a) Small but organized.
(b) Large but organized.
(c) Large and taking up multiple shelves.
(d) Small and hidden.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Marana, who has kidnapped him?
2. Who started the OAP?
3. To whom is the main character in "What Story Down There Awaits its End?" most similar?
4. Who summoned Marana to break off translation of a novel at a suspenseful part?
5. What does Flannery try to leave out of his next novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe "In a Network of Lines that Enlace."
2. Why do scientists have a woman strapped to a chair reading, according to Marana?
3. Describe the shift in perspective that occurs in Chapter 7 and why the author included this.
4. How can reading stimulate life, according to the author?
5. How does Flannery view his readers?
6. Describe the "invisible I" character.
7. What is the role of the OAP?
8. What is the role of the OEPHLW?
9. How does Ludmilla describe her relationship with Marana?
10. How does the theme of "creating copies" come into play?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)