|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the main character in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect" think he is going insane?
(a) Seeing his collection of items get destroyed.
(b) Being locked in a basement for days.
(c) Seeing his reflection on all sides.
(d) Seeing his family hurt.
2. To what does Flannery compare a reader?
(a) A vampire.
(b) A zombie.
(d) A wild animal.
3. What does Miyagi want the young man to gather for them in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
(a) Small lizards..
(d) Water lilies.
4. It becomes clear that which character is writing the book we are reading?
5. What is the name of the woman being held hostage in "In a Network of Lines that Enlace"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following describes Ludmilla's book collection?
2. Who once had a personal relationship with Marana, according to Irnerio?
3. Where does the reader find the key to Ludmilla's house?
4. How does Flannery want his readers to read?
5. What does Flannery try to leave out of his next novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how the ramifications of falsehoods are explored in Chapter 9.
2. How does the theme of "creating copies" come into play?
3. What is the role of the OAP?
4. Describe the shift in perspective that occurs in Chapter 7 and why the author included this.
5. Describe the significance of the reader going from innocent to agent.
6. Describe the way information is given to the reader in Chapter 6.
7. Describe the story "What Story Down There Awaits Its End?"
8. How does Ludmilla describe her relationship with Marana?
9. Why is the reader arrested? Who holds him and why?
10. How can reading stimulate life, according to the author?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)