|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the main character in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect" think he is going insane?
(a) Seeing his reflection on all sides.
(b) Being locked in a basement for days.
(c) Seeing his collection of items get destroyed.
(d) Seeing his family hurt.
2. In "In a Network of Lines that Intersect," when the man's wife saves him, what is she holding?
(a) A kaleidoscope.
(b) A gun.
(c) A knife.
(d) A bomb.
3. What does the main character in "What Story Down There Awaits its End?" have to fight?
(a) The future.
(b) The past.
(c) The void.
(d) The Others.
4. From looking in Ludmilla's kitchen, what can the reader determine?
(a) Ludmilla doesn't like to clean.
(b) Ludmilla eats out a lot.
(c) Ludmilla doesn't often have company.
(d) Ludmilla cooks a lot.
5. Which of the following describes Ludmilla's book collection?
(a) Small and hidden.
(b) Large and taking up multiple shelves.
(c) Large but organized.
(d) Small but organized.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of company did the man in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect" found?
2. Who are the people who have developed a system to write novels with less effort?
3. Of whom does Flannery become jealous?
4. What is the name of the version of Lotaria who has sex with the reader?
5. In "In a Network of Lines that Intersect," what does the underground want to do with the main character?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the story "What Story Down There Awaits Its End?"
2. Why does Marana seem like a strange character?
3. How does the theme of "creating copies" come into play?
4. Describe "In a Network of Lines that Enlace."
5. Why does the reader accept the assignment in Chapter 10?
6. How does Flannery view his readers?
7. Describe how the ramifications of falsehoods are explored in Chapter 9.
8. Describe the significance of the reader going from innocent to agent.
9. Describe the story in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon."
10. Describe the relationship Ludmilla has with Irnerio that the reader discovers in Chapter 7.
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)