|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Director claim to read?
(a) To find hidden meaning.
(b) For pleasure.
(c) To learn new words.
(d) For knowledge.
2. To whom is the main character in "What Story Down There Awaits its End?" most similar?
(a) The reader.
3. Who started the OAP?
4. What makes the main character in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect" think he is going insane?
(a) Seeing his collection of items get destroyed.
(b) Seeing his reflection on all sides.
(c) Seeing his family hurt.
(d) Being locked in a basement for days.
5. Which of the following is Calvino clearly against, as seen in the novel?
(a) Solving mysteries.
(b) Writing for pleasure.
(d) Reading for pleasure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lotaria tell the third police officer to call her?
2. What is the man obsessed with in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect"?
3. What is the name of the writer of "In a Network of Lines that Enlace"?
4. Of whom does Flannery become jealous?
5. What does Flannery find missing from his room?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)