|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Flannery compare a reader?
(b) A zombie.
(c) A vampire.
(d) A wild animal.
2. Who has been determined to be the subject of Marana's letters?
(d) The reader.
3. Who is the Father of Stories?
(a) An English storyteller.
(b) An Indian storyteller.
(c) A Russian storyteller.
(d) A German storyteller.
4. Who does the reader imagine is the woman Marana describes in his letters?
(b) A character from one of the novels.
(c) The bookseller.
5. Why is the reader put in a prison run by revolutionaries?
(a) So he can escape.
(b) So he can be tortured.
(c) So he can be educated about the cause.
(d) So he can read their literature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man obsessed with in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect"?
2. What is the name of the writer of "In a Network of Lines that Enlace"?
3. What is the name of Amarant's mother?
4. What is the name of the woman being held hostage in "In a Network of Lines that Enlace"?
5. Who becomes obsessed with a woman that he spies on through a telescope?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)