|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else has visited Flannery?
2. What are the two parts of the OAP called?
(a) Wings of Shadows and Wings of Light.
(b) Wings of Colors and Wings of Dull.
(c) Wings of Freedom and Wings of Censorship.
(d) Wings of Power and Wings of Repression.
3. In "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon," who is the young man's teacher?
(a) Mr. Okeda.
4. Where does the reader find the key to Ludmilla's house?
(a) Under a mat.
(b) In her car.
(c) Under a plant.
(d) In the flower bed.
5. What do both wings of the OAP have in common?
(a) They want to obtain a publishing house.
(b) They want to kidnap Ludmilla.
(c) They want to get a book published.
(d) They want to destroy Marana.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who summoned Marana to break off translation of a novel at a suspenseful part?
2. Which of the following describes Ludmilla's book collection?
3. Who is in the reader's dream where he is on a train?
4. Who dies in the beginning of "Around an Empty Grave"?
5. In "In a Network of Lines that Enlace," about what is the man anxious?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe "In a Network of Lines that Enlace."
2. Describe the significance of the reader going from innocent to agent.
3. What foreshadowing is presented in the reader's desire to visit Flannery?
4. Why does Marana seem like a strange character?
5. How does Ludmilla describe her relationship with Marana?
6. What is the role of the OAP?
7. Why does Lotaria say that all things are fake?
8. Describe the story "What Story Down There Awaits Its End?"
9. Describe how the ramifications of falsehoods are explored in Chapter 9.
10. How are sensations used in the story "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)