|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of company did the man in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect" found?
(a) Protection against identity theft.
(c) Protection against kidnapping.
2. What is the man obsessed with in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect"?
3. In Chapter 8, what type of book does Ludmilla like?
(a) Books that lie to the reader.
(b) Books that explore details about foreign countries.
(c) Books that create illusion around human relations.
(d) Books that use sensory details.
4. Snippets from whose diary are present in Chapter 8?
(c) The reader.
5. What does Flannery find missing from his room?
(a) Pages from a manuscript.
(b) His personal documents.
(c) His collection of books.
(d) Family photographs.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "What Story Down There Awaits its End?", what is the name of the woman the main character wants to see?
2. Who prefers a novel that makes a person uneasy?
3. Who started the OAP?
4. Who has been determined to be the subject of Marana's letters?
5. What does Irnerio do with books?
Short Essay Questions
1. What foreshadowing is presented in the reader's desire to visit Flannery?
2. What do you think Calvino is trying to say about censorship?
3. Why is the reader arrested? Who holds him and why?
4. Describe the "invisible I" character.
5. Why does Ludmilla regret meeting Flannery?
6. Describe the book "In a Network of Lines that Intersect."
7. How are sensations used in the story "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
8. Describe the story in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon."
9. Why does Marana seem like a strange character?
10. Describe the relationship Ludmilla has with Irnerio that the reader discovers in Chapter 7.
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)