|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lotaria tell the third police officer to call her?
2. In "In a Network of Lines that Intersect," when the man's wife saves him, what is she holding?
(a) A kaleidoscope.
(b) A knife.
(c) A gun.
(d) A bomb.
3. What does Miyagi want the young man to gather for them in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
(a) Small lizards..
(b) Water lilies.
4. In "In a Network of Lines that Enlace," about what is the man anxious?
5. Of whom does Flannery become jealous?
(b) The reader.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does OEPHLW stand for?
2. What transition does the reader take in Chapter 10?
3. Against whom does the main character in "Around an Empty Grave" prepare to defend himself?
4. In "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon," who is the young man's teacher?
5. Whose reading habits do those censoring novels have most in common with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the story in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon."
2. Describe the story "What Story Down There Awaits Its End?"
3. Describe how the ramifications of falsehoods are explored in Chapter 9.
4. Why does the reader accept the assignment in Chapter 10?
5. Why does Lotaria say that all things are fake?
6. What is the role of the OEPHLW?
7. Describe the shift in perspective that occurs in Chapter 7 and why the author included this.
8. What is the role of the OAP?
9. Describe the book "In a Network of Lines that Intersect."
10. Describe "In a Network of Lines that Enlace."
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)