|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the young man feel about Makiko in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
(a) The young man hates Makiko.
(b) The young man is attracted to Makiko.
(c) The young man only recently met Makiko and has mixed feelings about her.
(d) The young man wants to teach Makiko to read.
2. Where does the reader find the key to Ludmilla's house?
(a) Under a mat.
(b) In her car.
(c) Under a plant.
(d) In the flower bed.
3. Who is the writer of "What Story Down There Awaits its End?"
4. Who do the Wings of Light follow?
(a) Archangel of Light.
(b) Angel of Light.
(c) Graceful Light.
(d) Bishop of Light.
5. What does Irnerio do with books?
(a) He makes things with them.
(b) He reads them.
(c) He burns them.
(d) He censors them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dies in the beginning of "Around an Empty Grave"?
2. What does OEPHLW stand for?
3. In "What Story Down There Awaits its End?" why does the man want to erase the world?
4. What is the name of the author who believes he was plagiarized by Flannery?
5. In "What Story Down There Awaits its End?", what is the name of the woman the main character wants to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lotaria say that all things are fake?
2. Describe the story in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon."
3. Why is the reader arrested? Who holds him and why?
4. Why does Marana seem like a strange character?
5. Describe the way information is given to the reader in Chapter 6.
6. Describe the significance of the reader going from innocent to agent.
7. How can reading stimulate life, according to the author?
8. Why does Ludmilla regret meeting Flannery?
9. Describe the "invisible I" character.
10. Describe the story "What Story Down There Awaits Its End?"
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)