|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the reader when his book his confiscated?
2. To whom is the main character in "What Story Down There Awaits its End?" most similar?
(d) The reader.
3. What are the two parts of the OAP called?
(a) Wings of Freedom and Wings of Censorship.
(b) Wings of Colors and Wings of Dull.
(c) Wings of Power and Wings of Repression.
(d) Wings of Shadows and Wings of Light.
4. Which of the following do the man and Okeda discuss after he collects the items in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
(b) Food and drink.
5. In "In a Network of Lines that Intersect," what does the underground want to do with the main character?
(a) Recruit him.
(b) Kidnap him.
(c) Steal his money.
(d) Kill his mistress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does the girl who seems to be Lotaria tell the reader to call her?
2. In "In a Network of Lines that Enlace," about what is the man anxious?
3. What does Lotaria tell the third police officer to call her?
4. What does the main character in "What Story Down There Awaits its End?" have to fight?
5. How does Flannery want his readers to read?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how the ramifications of falsehoods are explored in Chapter 9.
2. How are sensations used in the story "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
3. Describe the story "What Story Down There Awaits Its End?"
4. Describe the plot of "Around an Empty Grave."
5. Why does Lotaria say that all things are fake?
6. How does Ludmilla describe her relationship with Marana?
7. Describe the way information is given to the reader in Chapter 6.
8. What do you think Calvino is trying to say about censorship?
9. Why does Marana seem like a strange character?
10. How does Flannery view his readers?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)