|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Flannery want his readers to read?
2. In "In a Network of Lines that Intersect," when the man's wife saves him, what is she holding?
(a) A knife.
(b) A bomb.
(c) A kaleidoscope.
(d) A gun.
3. Which character regrets meeting Flannery?
(a) The reader.
4. Who else has visited Flannery?
5. What type of company did the man in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect" found?
(a) Protection against identity theft.
(d) Protection against kidnapping.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "In a Network of Lines that Enlace," about what is the man anxious?
2. Who once had a personal relationship with Marana, according to Irnerio?
3. Who is the writer of "What Story Down There Awaits its End?"
4. What do both wings of the OAP have in common?
5. Why does the Director claim to read?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think Calvino is trying to say about censorship?
2. How can reading stimulate life, according to the author?
3. Describe how the ramifications of falsehoods are explored in Chapter 9.
4. Describe the book "In a Network of Lines that Intersect."
5. Describe the story "What Story Down There Awaits Its End?"
6. Why does Lotaria say that all things are fake?
7. What is the role of the OAP?
8. Describe the "invisible I" character.
9. Describe the way information is given to the reader in Chapter 6.
10. Describe the story in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon."
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)