|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Irnerio, where would Marana's former lover run to if he returned?
2. Whose reading habits do those censoring novels have most in common with?
3. How does Flannery want his readers to read?
4. Who once had a personal relationship with Marana, according to Irnerio?
5. What does the main character in "What Story Down There Awaits its End?" have to fight?
(a) The Others.
(b) The future.
(c) The void.
(d) The past.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who prefers a novel that makes a person uneasy?
2. In whom is Ludmilla currently romantically interested?
3. What does Lotaria tell the third police officer to call her?
4. Why can Flannery no longer read?
5. What does Lotaria tell the second police officer to call her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the plot of "Around an Empty Grave."
2. Describe the shift in perspective that occurs in Chapter 7 and why the author included this.
3. How can reading stimulate life, according to the author?
4. What foreshadowing is presented in the reader's desire to visit Flannery?
5. Why is the reader arrested? Who holds him and why?
6. How does the theme of "creating copies" come into play?
7. Describe the story "What Story Down There Awaits Its End?"
8. Why does Ludmilla regret meeting Flannery?
9. Describe the book "In a Network of Lines that Intersect."
10. Why does Marana seem like a strange character?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)