|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has been determined to be the subject of Marana's letters?
(a) The reader.
2. What makes the main character in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect" think he is going insane?
(a) Being locked in a basement for days.
(b) Seeing his family hurt.
(c) Seeing his reflection on all sides.
(d) Seeing his collection of items get destroyed.
3. What is the name of the version of Lotaria who has sex with the reader?
4. Who dies in the beginning of "Around an Empty Grave"?
(a) The main character's sister.
(b) The main character's father.
(c) The main character's grandmother.
(d) The main character's mother.
5. Which character regrets meeting Flannery?
(d) The reader.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who prefers a novel that makes a person uneasy?
2. Where has "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon" been banned?
3. Which of the following is Calvino clearly against, as seen in the novel?
4. In Chapter 7, who is late for a meeting?
5. Where does the reader find the key to Ludmilla's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the reader accept the assignment in Chapter 10?
2. What is the role of the OAP?
3. How does the theme of "creating copies" come into play?
4. Why does Marana seem like a strange character?
5. Why does Lotaria say that all things are fake?
6. Describe the story "What Story Down There Awaits Its End?"
7. Describe the book "In a Network of Lines that Intersect."
8. Describe how the ramifications of falsehoods are explored in Chapter 9.
9. How does Flannery view his readers?
10. Describe the way information is given to the reader in Chapter 6.
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)