|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are those in "What Story Down There Awaits its End?" who want to tear down the world and bring it back up?
2. Snippets from whose diary are present in Chapter 8?
(b) The reader.
3. What is the name of the writer of "In a Network of Lines that Enlace"?
(b) Jack Silvo.
(d) Silas Flannery.
4. In Chapter 7, who is late for a meeting?
(a) The reader.
5. Which of the following does the girl who seems to be Lotaria tell the reader to call her?
(c) Mary Anne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man realize while making love to Miyagi in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
2. Against whom does the main character in "Around an Empty Grave" prepare to defend himself?
3. Who does the reader imagine is the woman Marana describes in his letters?
4. According to Marana, who has kidnapped him?
5. From looking in Ludmilla's kitchen, what can the reader determine?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ludmilla describe her relationship with Marana?
2. How does the theme of "creating copies" come into play?
3. Describe the plot of "Around an Empty Grave."
4. Describe the significance of the reader going from innocent to agent.
5. Why does Marana seem like a strange character?
6. Describe the relationship Ludmilla has with Irnerio that the reader discovers in Chapter 7.
7. Why is the reader arrested? Who holds him and why?
8. What do you think Calvino is trying to say about censorship?
9. Describe how the ramifications of falsehoods are explored in Chapter 9.
10. How does Flannery view his readers?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)