|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the reader when his book his confiscated?
2. In "In a Network of Lines that Enlace," about what is the man anxious?
3. What is Marana's goal?
(a) To create falsehoods in literature.
(b) To kill Ludmilla and the reader.
(c) To rewrite every book.
(d) To read every book.
4. What is the name of the author who believes he was plagiarized by Flannery?
5. Snippets from whose diary are present in Chapter 8?
(a) The reader.
Short Answer Questions
1. What transition does the reader take in Chapter 10?
2. Whose reading habits do those censoring novels have most in common with?
3. Who summoned Marana to break off translation of a novel at a suspenseful part?
4. What does Flannery find missing from his room?
5. Which of the following describes Ludmilla's book collection?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ludmilla regret meeting Flannery?
2. Describe the way information is given to the reader in Chapter 6.
3. Describe the book "In a Network of Lines that Intersect."
4. Describe the significance of the reader going from innocent to agent.
5. How can reading stimulate life, according to the author?
6. What foreshadowing is presented in the reader's desire to visit Flannery?
7. How does Ludmilla describe her relationship with Marana?
8. Describe the story in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon."
9. Describe the shift in perspective that occurs in Chapter 7 and why the author included this.
10. What is the role of the OAP?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)