|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "In a Network of Lines that Enlace," about what is the man anxious?
2. What are the two parts of the OAP called?
(a) Wings of Power and Wings of Repression.
(b) Wings of Shadows and Wings of Light.
(c) Wings of Freedom and Wings of Censorship.
(d) Wings of Colors and Wings of Dull.
3. What does the main character in "What Story Down There Awaits its End?" have to fight?
(a) The Others.
(b) The void.
(c) The future.
(d) The past.
4. What is the name of the writer of "In a Network of Lines that Enlace"?
(b) Jack Silvo.
(d) Silas Flannery.
5. Who does the reader imagine is the woman Marana describes in his letters?
(a) The bookseller.
(b) A character from one of the novels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Snippets from whose diary are present in Chapter 8?
2. Who does the reader decide to visit to determine which book is "In a Network of Lines that Enlace"?
3. What is the name of the woman being held hostage in "In a Network of Lines that Enlace"?
4. To whom is the main character in "What Story Down There Awaits its End?" most similar?
5. Where does the reader find the key to Ludmilla's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What foreshadowing is presented in the reader's desire to visit Flannery?
2. Describe the relationship Ludmilla has with Irnerio that the reader discovers in Chapter 7.
3. Describe the way information is given to the reader in Chapter 6.
4. How can reading stimulate life, according to the author?
5. Why do scientists have a woman strapped to a chair reading, according to Marana?
6. Why is the reader arrested? Who holds him and why?
7. How does the theme of "creating copies" come into play?
8. Describe the "invisible I" character.
9. How does Ludmilla describe her relationship with Marana?
10. What is the role of the OAP?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)