|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the woman from that is held in a chair, forced to read?
(b) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
2. What do both wings of the OAP have in common?
(a) They want to kidnap Ludmilla.
(b) They want to destroy Marana.
(c) They want to obtain a publishing house.
(d) They want to get a book published.
3. Who once had a personal relationship with Marana, according to Irnerio?
4. What transition does the reader take in Chapter 10?
(a) Innocent to double agent.
(b) Angry to content.
(c) Problem solver to bystander.
(d) Man in love to man with hatred.
5. To what does Flannery compare a reader?
(a) A zombie.
(b) A vampire.
(c) A wild animal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the author who believes he was plagiarized by Flannery?
2. What does Miyagi want the young man to gather for them in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
3. How does Flannery want his readers to read?
4. Who does Flannery mistake for somebody who wants to get to know him personally?
5. Who is the writer of "What Story Down There Awaits its End?"
Short Essay Questions
1. How can reading stimulate life, according to the author?
2. Describe how the ramifications of falsehoods are explored in Chapter 9.
3. How does Ludmilla describe her relationship with Marana?
4. Why does the reader accept the assignment in Chapter 10?
5. Describe the book "In a Network of Lines that Intersect."
6. How does the theme of "creating copies" come into play?
7. Why does Marana seem like a strange character?
8. Describe the shift in perspective that occurs in Chapter 7 and why the author included this.
9. Describe the way information is given to the reader in Chapter 6.
10. Describe the relationship Ludmilla has with Irnerio that the reader discovers in Chapter 7.
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)