|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, who is late for a meeting?
(b) The reader.
2. What does Flannery try to leave out of his next novel?
(a) The invisible setting.
(b) A visible setting.
(c) The invisible I.
3. Of whom does Flannery become jealous?
(c) The reader.
4. What is the name of the version of Lotaria who has sex with the reader?
5. Who once had a personal relationship with Marana, according to Irnerio?
Short Answer Questions
1. In whom is Ludmilla currently romantically interested?
2. To whom is the main character in "What Story Down There Awaits its End?" most similar?
3. How does the young man feel about Makiko in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
4. What is Marana's goal?
5. Why is the reader put in a prison run by revolutionaries?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the reader accept the assignment in Chapter 10?
2. Describe how the ramifications of falsehoods are explored in Chapter 9.
3. How are sensations used in the story "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
4. Describe the significance of the reader going from innocent to agent.
5. Describe the plot of "Around an Empty Grave."
6. What do you think Calvino is trying to say about censorship?
7. How does Ludmilla describe her relationship with Marana?
8. Describe the story in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon."
9. Why does Lotaria say that all things are fake?
10. How does Flannery view his readers?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)