|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "What Story Down There Awaits its End?", what is the name of the woman the main character wants to see?
2. What is the name of the version of Lotaria who has sex with the reader?
3. Who dies in the beginning of "Around an Empty Grave"?
(a) The main character's grandmother.
(b) The main character's mother.
(c) The main character's father.
(d) The main character's sister.
4. Who prefers a novel that makes a person uneasy?
(b) The woman on the beach.
5. It becomes clear that which character is writing the book we are reading?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following describes Ludmilla's book collection?
2. How does the young man feel about Makiko in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
3. What is the name of the writer of "In a Network of Lines that Enlace"?
4. What does Lotaria tell the second police officer to call her?
5. Why does the Director claim to read?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can reading stimulate life, according to the author?
2. Describe the book "In a Network of Lines that Intersect."
3. What foreshadowing is presented in the reader's desire to visit Flannery?
4. How does Flannery view his readers?
5. Describe the plot of "Around an Empty Grave."
6. Describe the significance of the reader going from innocent to agent.
7. How are sensations used in the story "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
8. Describe the relationship Ludmilla has with Irnerio that the reader discovers in Chapter 7.
9. Why does Ludmilla regret meeting Flannery?
10. Why do scientists have a woman strapped to a chair reading, according to Marana?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)