|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the main character in "What Story Down There Awaits its End?" have to fight?
(a) The past.
(b) The future.
(c) The void.
(d) The Others.
2. Where does the reader find the key to Ludmilla's house?
(a) Under a mat.
(b) In her car.
(c) Under a plant.
(d) In the flower bed.
3. Who do the Wings of Light follow?
(a) Angel of Light.
(b) Bishop of Light.
(c) Graceful Light.
(d) Archangel of Light.
4. Who dies in the beginning of "Around an Empty Grave"?
(a) The main character's mother.
(b) The main character's sister.
(c) The main character's grandmother.
(d) The main character's father.
5. Who else has visited Flannery?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thing Marana could not stand about his former lover?
2. What is the man obsessed with in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect"?
3. Who summoned Marana to break off translation of a novel at a suspenseful part?
4. According to Lotaria, who will win as a result of the world's fakeness?
5. Where is the woman from that is held in a chair, forced to read?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do scientists have a woman strapped to a chair reading, according to Marana?
2. What do you think Calvino is trying to say about censorship?
3. Why does Lotaria say that all things are fake?
4. Describe the book "In a Network of Lines that Intersect."
5. Describe "In a Network of Lines that Enlace."
6. Why does the reader accept the assignment in Chapter 10?
7. What is the role of the OAP?
8. What is the role of the OEPHLW?
9. Describe the shift in perspective that occurs in Chapter 7 and why the author included this.
10. How can reading stimulate life, according to the author?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)