|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is considered the language of the dead?
2. How many men greet the two characters in an elevator in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow"?
3. What are the two characters trying to put inside a sack in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow"?
(a) Stolen goods.
(b) Their personal items.
(c) A dead body.
4. Who walks the reader to Uzzi-Tuzii's office?
(a) Ludmilla's friend.
5. Who is the root of the problem with the books?
(a) Chavez Marana.
(b) Ermes Marana.
(c) Umberto Marana.
(d) Henry Marana.
Short Answer Questions
1. At whom does Irina point a revolver?
2. What is similar to the reader's book and the book Uzzi-Tuzzii translates?
3. What does the bookseller warn the reader about the next book he's given?
4. What does the author admit to wishing to convey through descriptions of a fight?
5. What separates Ludmilla's friend from Ludmilla?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the novel "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo."
2. Describe the discussion of the readers at the library.
3. Why is the book titled <i>If On a Winter's Night a Traveler</i> in the story so vague?
4. Describe the plot of the first book the reader has, titled <i>If On a Winter's Night a Traveler</i>.
5. Why does the reader accept the assignment in Chapter 10?
6. Why does Lotaria read?
7. Describe "In a Network of Lines that Enlace."
8. Why is the reader arrested? Who holds him and why?
9. Why was "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo" chastised?
10. Describe the way information is given to the reader in Chapter 6.
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)