|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ludmilla want the reader to meet her?
(b) Grocery store.
2. With whom does the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler talk?
(b) Ms. Tukish.
(c) Mademoiselle Stephens.
(d) Madame Marne.
3. Whose study group is discussing "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
4. Who enjoys reading books without underlying meanings?
(a) The reader.
5. What is most likely inside the suitcase the man carries around?
(b) Something designed to kill whoever opens it.
(d) Something illegal or dangerous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the country divided so much that it no longer exists?
2. What is the name of the main character in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
3. According to the man in "Outside the Town of Malbork," what does the feud with another group cause?
4. Which of the following makes the book seem interactive?
5. What is the name of Ludmilla's sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the imagery used in "Outside the Town of Malbork."
2. Describe the plot of the first book the reader has, titled If On a Winter's Night a Traveler.
3. Who is Ermes Marana?
4. What foreshadows a future problem in Chapter 2?
5. What is apparent about the organization the man works for in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler?
6. Describe the structure of the book.
7. Describe the reader's comments on the difference between reading and hearing somebody read aloud.
8. For what does the reader continue to search after finding a problem with his second book?
9. Who or what leads the reader down the wrong path in Chapter 3?
10. How is Irnerio different from Ludmilla?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)