|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zwilda draw?
(d) The beach.
2. What is the name of the character with a picture in his pocket?
3. Who is the root of the problem with the books?
(a) Ermes Marana.
(b) Umberto Marana.
(c) Henry Marana.
(d) Chavez Marana.
4. What did Marana claim to be, according to the publishing house?
(a) An agent.
(b) An author.
(c) An illustrator.
(d) A translator.
5. In "Outside the Town of Malbork," for whom is the main character working?
(a) Mr. Hallford.
(b) Mr. Carsondera.
(c) Mr. Shinderson.
(d) Mr. Kauderer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
2. According to Marana, who does not matter?
3. Who is Cavedagna?
4. What is similar to the reader's book and the book Uzzi-Tuzzii translates?
5. For what does the author chastise the reader?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what type of book does Ludmilla state she enjoys and why is this significant?
2. Describe the line between reader and publisher in the novel.
3. Describe the imagery used in "Outside the Town of Malbork."
4. Who is Ermes Marana?
5. How is jealousy a theme in "Outside the Town of Malbork"?
6. How is confusion a theme in the novel?
7. Describe the perspective from which the novel is narrated.
8. Why is the book titled If On a Winter's Night a Traveler in the story so vague?
9. Describe Cimmeria.
10. Describe the structure of the book.
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)