|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what perspective is most of the novel written?
(a) First person.
(b) Third person omniscient.
(c) Third person limited.
(d) Second person.
2. What is the name of the character with a picture in his pocket?
3. In "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow," what is the name of the dead man?
4. What is combined with description in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
(a) Beautiful imagery.
(b) Intense violence.
(c) Sexual innuendo.
5. According to a man in "Outside the Town of Malbork," against whom is this group fighting?
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Marana confess that he cannot read?
2. What is on the photo that is in a character's pocket?
3. Who agrees that the reader needs to see a publisher but does not want to go by himself/herself?
4. According to the man in "Outside the Town of Malbork," what does the feud with another group cause?
5. Who is the root of the problem with the books?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lotaria read?
2. In Chapter 5, what new type of book does Ludmilla claim to enjoy?
3. How is jealousy a theme in "Outside the Town of Malbork"?
4. What is apparent about the organization the man works for in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler?
5. In Chapter 4, what type of book does Ludmilla state she enjoys and why is this significant?
6. For what does the reader continue to search after finding a problem with his second book?
7. Why is the book titled If On a Winter's Night a Traveler in the story so vague?
8. Describe the structure of the book.
9. What is the origin of the problem with the books?
10. Who is Ermes Marana?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)