Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose name is on a death sentence for treason in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
2. What separates Ludmilla's friend from Ludmilla?
(a) He does not read.
(b) He does not go to school.
(c) He does not like the reader.
(d) He is a teacher.
3. When the reader turns the page, what does he discover to make a defective book?
(a) A letter from Ludmilla.
(b) Blank pages.
(c) Pages that have been handwritten.
(d) Torn pages.
4. In "Outside the Town of Malbork," where does the main character's spend his final morning?
5. What allows the reader to personalize the story?
(a) Specific settings.
(b) Easily dislikable characters.
(c) Vague descriptions.
(d) Impersonal dialogue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is "Leaning from the Steep Slope" unfinished?
2. Who agrees that the reader needs to see a publisher but does not want to go by himself/herself?
3. According to the police chief, where should the man in <i>If On a Winter's Night a Traveler</i> leave right away?
4. Who enjoys reading books that will always exist?
5. Why does Ludmilla read?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship Ludmilla has with Irnerio that the reader discovers in Chapter 7.
2. Why is reading a personal experience?
3. Why does the author make each book title connect to become a complete sentence?
4. Describe the plot of "Around an Empty Grave."
5. Describe the "invisible I" character.
6. Describe the story "What Story Down There Awaits Its End?"
7. What is the origin of the problem with the books?
8. Describe the book "In a Network of Lines that Intersect."
9. For what does the reader continue to search after finding a problem with his second book?
10. Why does the reader accept the assignment in Chapter 10?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)