|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Zwilda stay?
(a) Hotel of the Sea Lily.
(b) Hotel of the Barren Flower.
(c) Inn of the Bland Sea.
(d) Motel Casa de Flores.
2. What separates Ludmilla's friend from Ludmilla?
(a) He does not go to school.
(b) He is a teacher.
(c) He does not like the reader.
(d) He does not read.
3. Which word best describes the setting in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
(c) Full of lessons.
4. How many pages has the reader read when the book starts over?
5. According to Marana, what is the only thing that dictates which novels survive?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the character with a picture in his pocket?
2. According to Marana, who does not matter?
3. Whose study group is discussing "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
4. What does the author admit to wishing to convey through descriptions of a fight?
5. Who is Cavedagna?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe "In a Network of Lines that Enlace."
2. Describe the plot of "Around an Empty Grave."
3. Why does the author make each book title connect to become a complete sentence?
4. Why does Ludmilla read?
5. Describe the reader's comments on the difference between reading and hearing somebody read aloud.
6. Who or what leads the reader down the wrong path in Chapter 3?
7. Describe the perspective from which the novel is narrated.
8. Describe the novel "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo."
9. Describe the relationship Ludmilla has with Irnerio that the reader discovers in Chapter 7.
10. How does Chapter 11 give deeper insight to the characters throughout the novel?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)