|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zwilda draw?
(c) The beach.
2. According to a man in "Outside the Town of Malbork," against whom is this group fighting?
3. Who enjoys reading books without underlying meanings?
(d) The reader.
4. Who made love to the man before he was killed in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow"?
(c) The narrator.
5. What is combined with description in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
(a) Intense violence.
(b) Sexual innuendo.
(d) Beautiful imagery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the reader do when the book starts over?
2. With whom does the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler talk?
3. Where does the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler leave his suit case overnight?
4. Who reads "Leaning from the Steep Slope" out loud?
5. What does the reader exchange with the woman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is apparent about the organization the man works for in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler?
2. How does Calvino bring interactivity to the book?
3. Why does Lotaria read?
4. Describe the line between reader and publisher in the novel.
5. Describe "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow."
6. What is the origin of the problem with the books?
7. How is confusion a theme in the novel?
8. What foreshadows a future problem in Chapter 2?
9. How is jealousy a theme in "Outside the Town of Malbork"?
10. Describe the novel "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo."
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)