|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what perspective is most of the novel written?
(a) Second person.
(b) Third person omniscient.
(c) First person.
(d) Third person limited.
2. About what does the reader talk to the woman he meets ?
(c) The bookseller.
(d) The bookstore.
3. What is a theme in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
4. What language does Marana confess that he cannot read?
5. What does the reader do when the book starts over?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He throws it.
(c) He puts it in the trash.
(d) He calls Ludmilla.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is "Leaning from the Steep Slope" unfinished?
2. Who wrote "Leaning from the Steep Slope"?
3. According to the bookseller, who wrote "Outside the Town of Malbork"?
4. Whose study group is discussing "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
5. What is the name of Ludmilla's sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe "Outside the Town of Malbork."
2. Describe the imagery used in "Outside the Town of Malbork."
3. Describe the novel "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo."
4. How is Irnerio different from Ludmilla?
5. For what does the reader continue to search after finding a problem with his second book?
6. Describe the plot of the first book the reader has, titled If On a Winter's Night a Traveler.
7. Describe Cimmeria.
8. What is the origin of the problem with the books?
9. Describe "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow."
10. In Chapter 5, what new type of book does Ludmilla claim to enjoy?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)