|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author refer to the woman the reader talks to?
(a) The female reader.
(b) The other reader.
(c) The girl.
(d) The book lover.
2. How does the man feel when he realizes who his contact is?
3. Who made love to the man before he was killed in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow"?
(d) The narrator.
4. What is the name of Ludmilla's sister?
5. What is similar to the reader's book and the book Uzzi-Tuzzii translates?
(d) Proper names.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the reader exchange with the woman?
2. What allows the reader to personalize the story?
3. What does the reader do when the book starts over?
4. Where do the two characters dispose of a dead body in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow"?
5. What do the two characters in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow" want to do with a dead man?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow."
2. Who is Ermes Marana?
3. Describe "Outside the Town of Malbork."
4. How is jealousy a theme in "Outside the Town of Malbork"?
5. Describe the perspective from which the novel is narrated.
6. How is Irnerio different from Ludmilla?
7. What is the origin of the problem with the books?
8. How does Calvino bring interactivity to the book?
9. What is apparent about the organization the man works for in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler?
10. Describe the line between reader and publisher in the novel.
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)