|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Zwilda stay?
(a) Hotel of the Barren Flower.
(b) Motel Casa de Flores.
(c) Hotel of the Sea Lily.
(d) Inn of the Bland Sea.
2. Whose study group is discussing "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
3. What is combined with description in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
(a) Sexual innuendo.
(b) Beautiful imagery.
(d) Intense violence.
4. What is considered the language of the dead?
5. How does the man feel when he realizes who his contact is?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Outside the Town of Malbork," where does the main character's spend his final morning?
2. Which character in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo" is described as ungrateful and terse?
3. What are the names of the two languages with a conflict in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
4. Which character is Irina most like?
5. Where does If On a Winter's Night a Traveler begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ludmilla read?
2. In Chapter 4, what type of book does Ludmilla state she enjoys and why is this significant?
3. What do the reader and Ludmilla agree upon in Chapter 4?
4. What is apparent about the organization the man works for in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler?
5. Why does Lotaria read?
6. Describe "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow."
7. What is the origin of the problem with the books?
8. Describe the structure of the book.
9. Describe the reader's comments on the difference between reading and hearing somebody read aloud.
10. For what does the reader continue to search after finding a problem with his second book?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)