|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does the author chastise the reader?
(a) Reading in bed.
(b) Taking the book on the subway.
(c) Reading in the dark.
(d) Taking the book to work.
2. What is the name of Ludmilla's sister?
3. Who is Cavedagna?
(a) A librarian.
(b) A desk clerk.
(c) A professor.
(d) A writer.
4. How does the man feel when he realizes who his contact is?
5. What is Galligani's profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. At whom does Irina point a revolver?
2. Who reads "Leaning from the Steep Slope" out loud?
3. What is the name of the character in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo" who is in possession of two men?
4. Which of the following makes the book seem interactive?
5. What does Zwilda draw?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is apparent about the organization the man works for in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler?
2. Describe the perspective from which the novel is narrated.
3. How does Calvino bring interactivity to the book?
4. Describe the novel "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo."
5. What is the origin of the problem with the books?
6. Describe the plot of the first book the reader has, titled If On a Winter's Night a Traveler.
7. Describe the narrator of "Leaning from the Steep Slope."
8. What foreshadows a future problem in Chapter 2?
9. Describe the line between reader and publisher in the novel.
10. Why was "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo" chastised?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)