|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Marana, what is the only thing that dictates which novels survive?
2. What is the name of the narrator's daughter in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow"?
3. Where does the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler leave his suit case overnight?
(a) The police station.
(b) A woman's shop.
(c) Under a bench.
(d) The bus station.
4. Who walks the reader to Uzzi-Tuzii's office?
(d) Ludmilla's friend.
5. Why does Ludmilla read?
(a) To experience emotions.
(b) For knowledge.
(c) For meaning.
(d) For pleasure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the main character in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
2. Who reads "Leaning from the Steep Slope" out loud?
3. Where does the main character of "Leaning from the Steep Slope" walk every day?
4. What does the author admit to wishing to convey through descriptions of a fight?
5. Where does the author assume that the reader reads the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe "Outside the Town of Malbork."
2. Describe the narrator of "Leaning from the Steep Slope."
3. Who is Ermes Marana?
4. Why does Lotaria read?
5. What foreshadows a future problem in Chapter 2?
6. For what does the reader continue to search after finding a problem with his second book?
7. What is apparent about the organization the man works for in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler?
8. Describe the plot of the first book the reader has, titled If On a Winter's Night a Traveler.
9. How is Irnerio different from Ludmilla?
10. Describe the line between reader and publisher in the novel.
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)