|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the police chief, where should the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler leave right away?
(a) The cafe.
(b) The train station.
(c) The library.
(d) The bus stop.
2. Which of the following makes the book seem interactive?
(a) Motivated characters.
(b) Intricate diction.
(c) Present tense.
(d) Second person perspective.
3. Which word best describes the setting in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
(c) Full of lessons.
4. What is the food described at the beginning of "Outside the Town of Malbork"?
5. Where does the main character of "Leaning from the Steep Slope" walk every day?
(a) Along the lake.
(b) Along a hiking trail.
(c) Around a pond.
(d) Along the harbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zwilda draw?
2. What is the name of the country divided so much that it no longer exists?
3. Who is the author of "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
4. What is similar to the reader's book and the book Uzzi-Tuzzii translates?
5. What does the bookseller warn the reader about the next book he's given?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the reader's interaction with the "other reader."
2. In Chapter 4, what type of book does Ludmilla state she enjoys and why is this significant?
3. How is jealousy a theme in "Outside the Town of Malbork"?
4. Why does Ludmilla read?
5. Describe the narrator of "Leaning from the Steep Slope."
6. What is the origin of the problem with the books?
7. Describe "Outside the Town of Malbork."
8. Describe the line between reader and publisher in the novel.
9. How does Calvino bring interactivity to the book?
10. In Chapter 5, what new type of book does Ludmilla claim to enjoy?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)