|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pages has the reader read when the book starts over?
2. According to the man in "Outside the Town of Malbork," what does the feud with another group cause?
3. What allows the reader to personalize the story?
(a) Vague descriptions.
(b) Specific settings.
(c) Easily dislikable characters.
(d) Impersonal dialogue.
4. At whom does Irina point a revolver?
5. What does the reader exchange with the woman?
(a) Phone numbers.
(b) Course schedules.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what perspective is most of the novel written?
2. What is a theme in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
3. How many men greet the two characters in an elevator in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow"?
4. Why does Ludmilla read?
5. Where does Ludmilla want the reader to meet her?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what type of book does Ludmilla state she enjoys and why is this significant?
2. What do the reader and Ludmilla agree upon in Chapter 4?
3. Describe the perspective from which the novel is narrated.
4. Describe the line between reader and publisher in the novel.
5. Describe the imagery used in "Outside the Town of Malbork."
6. Why was "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo" chastised?
7. How is jealousy a theme in "Outside the Town of Malbork"?
8. Describe the plot of the first book the reader has, titled If On a Winter's Night a Traveler.
9. How is confusion a theme in the novel?
10. Describe the narrator of "Leaning from the Steep Slope."
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)