|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What books does Lotaria like to read?
(a) Books with large vocabulary.
(b) Books with interesting plots.
(c) Books that discuss current events.
(d) Books that clarify issues.
2. According to the man in "Outside the Town of Malbork," what does the feud with another group cause?
3. According to the bookseller, who wrote "Outside the Town of Malbork"?
(a) Maza Kinsor.
(b) Tazio Bazakbal.
(c) Cordezno Blazok.
(d) Bailo Hognan.
4. What is the name of the country divided so much that it no longer exists?
5. What is the food described at the beginning of "Outside the Town of Malbork"?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what type of organization does the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler belong?
2. What is the name of the character in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo" who is in possession of two men?
3. Why does Ludmilla read?
4. What made the publishing house question Marana's competency?
5. What is considered the language of the dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is apparent about the organization the man works for in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler?
2. Describe the plot of the first book the reader has, titled If On a Winter's Night a Traveler.
3. In Chapter 4, what type of book does Ludmilla state she enjoys and why is this significant?
4. How is confusion a theme in the novel?
5. Describe the imagery used in "Outside the Town of Malbork."
6. How is Cavedagna symbolic of the author of the novel, Calvino.
7. Who or what leads the reader down the wrong path in Chapter 3?
8. For what does the reader continue to search after finding a problem with his second book?
9. What do the reader and Ludmilla agree upon in Chapter 4?
10. Why is the book titled If On a Winter's Night a Traveler in the story so vague?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)