|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At whom does Irina point a revolver?
2. Which sense does cutting apart pages with a paper knife occupy?
(a) Smell and sound.
(b) Sight and touch.
(c) Sound and sight.
(d) All of them.
3. What is the name of the country divided so much that it no longer exists?
4. Who enjoys reading books without underlying meanings?
(c) The reader.
5. What does the reader find when he begins reading the book the bookseller gives him?
(a) It is boring.
(b) It is the same book but claims to be written by a different author.
(c) It is not the same novel he was reading.
(d) It was written by the bookseller.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Ludmilla's sister?
2. According to a man in "Outside the Town of Malbork," against whom is this group fighting?
3. Which of the following makes the book seem interactive?
4. For what does the author chastise the reader?
5. From what perspective is most of the novel written?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the shift in perspective that occurs in Chapter 7 and why the author included this.
2. Why does the author make each book title connect to become a complete sentence?
3. How is jealousy a theme in "Outside the Town of Malbork"?
4. Describe the story "What Story Down There Awaits Its End?"
5. What is the role of the OEPHLW?
6. Why is the book titled <i>If On a Winter's Night a Traveler</i> in the story so vague?
7. For what does the reader continue to search after finding a problem with his second book?
8. What is the origin of the problem with the books?
9. What foreshadows a future problem in Chapter 2?
10. Describe the imagery used in "Outside the Town of Malbork."
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)