|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does If On a Winter's Night a Traveler begin?
(a) A bus station.
(b) A library.
(c) A train station.
(d) A diner.
2. What is similar to the reader's book and the book Uzzi-Tuzzii translates?
(a) Proper names.
3. According to a man in "Outside the Town of Malbork," against whom is this group fighting?
4. With whom does the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler talk?
(b) Mademoiselle Stephens.
(c) Madame Marne.
(d) Ms. Tukish.
5. What does the author admit to wishing to convey through descriptions of a fight?
(a) A true sense of character.
(b) A true sense of violence.
(c) A true sense of imagery.
(d) A true sense of romance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the reader exchange with the woman?
2. What is the reader searching for after reading part of "Outside the Town of Malbork"?
3. Why is "Leaning from the Steep Slope" unfinished?
4. What did Marana claim to be, according to the publishing house?
5. According to Marana, what is the only thing that dictates which novels survive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe "Outside the Town of Malbork."
2. In Chapter 4, what type of book does Ludmilla state she enjoys and why is this significant?
3. How is Cavedagna symbolic of the author of the novel, Calvino.
4. How is jealousy a theme in "Outside the Town of Malbork"?
5. Why was "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo" chastised?
6. Describe the narrator of "Leaning from the Steep Slope."
7. Describe Cimmeria.
8. Describe "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow."
9. How is Irnerio different from Ludmilla?
10. Why does Ludmilla read?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)