|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reader searching for after reading part of "Outside the Town of Malbork"?
(a) A new bookstore.
(b) A book he will actually enjoy.
(c) A complete book.
2. Where does the main character of "Leaning from the Steep Slope" walk every day?
(a) Along the lake.
(b) Along the harbor.
(c) Around a pond.
(d) Along a hiking trail.
3. Where does the reader look for answers about the story's setting in Chapter 2?
(a) A dictionary.
(b) An atlas.
(d) An encyclopedia.
4. What is combined with description in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
(a) Beautiful imagery.
(b) Sexual innuendo.
(c) Intense violence.
5. Where does the man in the first story sit with his suitcase?
(a) In a cafe.
(b) In a library.
(c) At a bus station.
(d) In a pizza shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the author assume that the reader reads the book?
2. What is Uzzi-Tuzii's profession?
3. Whose name is on a death sentence for treason in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
4. What does the reader do when the book starts over?
5. What separates Ludmilla's friend from Ludmilla?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Irnerio different from Ludmilla?
2. Describe Cimmeria.
3. Describe the line between reader and publisher in the novel.
4. Why does Ludmilla read?
5. Describe the reader's comments on the difference between reading and hearing somebody read aloud.
6. Describe the plot of the first book the reader has, titled If On a Winter's Night a Traveler.
7. Describe the perspective from which the novel is narrated.
8. Describe the narrator of "Leaning from the Steep Slope."
9. Who or what leads the reader down the wrong path in Chapter 3?
10. Why does Lotaria read?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)