|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the reader put in a prison run by revolutionaries?
(a) So he can be tortured.
(b) So he can be educated about the cause.
(c) So he can escape.
(d) So he can read their literature.
2. What is the name of the author who believes he was plagiarized by Flannery?
3. Against whom does the main character in "Around an Empty Grave" prepare to defend himself?
(d) Dona Jazmina.
4. In "What Story Down There Awaits its End?" why does the man want to erase the world?
(a) To get revenge on a world who has banished him.
(b) To hide banned literature.
(c) To limit the view of a woman.
(d) To hide himself.
5. In "What Story Down There Awaits its End?", where are the agents from who give the main character information?
(a) Section D.
(b) Section A.
(c) Section C.
(d) Section B.
6. To what does Flannery compare a reader?
(a) A wild animal.
(c) A vampire.
(d) A zombie.
7. Who started the OAP?
8. From looking in Ludmilla's kitchen, what can the reader determine?
(a) Ludmilla doesn't like to clean.
(b) Ludmilla cooks a lot.
(c) Ludmilla eats out a lot.
(d) Ludmilla doesn't often have company.
9. In Chapter 8, what type of book does Ludmilla like?
(a) Books that use sensory details.
(b) Books that lie to the reader.
(c) Books that create illusion around human relations.
(d) Books that explore details about foreign countries.
10. In Chapter 7, who is late for a meeting?
(d) The reader.
11. Which of the following do the man and Okeda discuss after he collects the items in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
(d) Food and drink.
12. Who does the reader imagine is the woman Marana describes in his letters?
(b) The bookseller.
(d) A character from one of the novels.
13. Who is the Father of Stories?
(a) A Russian storyteller.
(b) An English storyteller.
(c) A German storyteller.
(d) An Indian storyteller.
14. In "What Story Down There Awaits its End?", what is the name of the woman the main character wants to see?
15. Who summoned Marana to break off translation of a novel at a suspenseful part?
(b) The wife of the Arabian Sultan.
(c) The wife of the American president.
(d) The inventor of Cimmerian language.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Flannery want his readers to read?
2. Who are the people who have developed a system to write novels with less effort?
3. What do both wings of the OAP have in common?
4. What is Marana's goal?
5. What type of company did the man in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect" found?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)