|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Flannery want his readers to read?
2. Where is the reader when his book his confiscated?
3. Where has "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon" been banned?
(c) On public transportation.
(d) New York.
4. What is the name of the version of Lotaria who has sex with the reader?
5. In Chapter 7, who is late for a meeting?
(a) The reader.
6. What does Lotaria tell the third police officer to call her?
7. In "In a Network of Lines that Intersect," when the man's wife saves him, what is she holding?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) A kaleidoscope.
(d) A bomb.
8. What does Irnerio do with books?
(a) He censors them.
(b) He reads them.
(c) He burns them.
(d) He makes things with them.
9. To whom is the main character in "What Story Down There Awaits its End?" most similar?
(c) The reader.
10. What does Lotaria tell the second police officer to call her?
11. Which of the following does the girl who seems to be Lotaria tell the reader to call her?
(a) Mary Anne.
12. What does the man realize while making love to Miyagi in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
(a) He will never succeed at his job.
(b) He will be stuck with Okeda forever.
(c) He will never advance in his studies.
(d) He is in a lot of trouble.
13. According to Lotaria, who will win as a result of the world's fakeness?
(a) The organization.
(b) The radicals.
(c) The counter-revolutionists.
(d) The government.
14. Of whom does Flannery become jealous?
(a) The reader.
15. What is Marana's goal?
(a) To kill Ludmilla and the reader.
(b) To rewrite every book.
(c) To create falsehoods in literature.
(d) To read every book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following do the man and Okeda discuss after he collects the items in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
2. What does the main character in "What Story Down There Awaits its End?" have to fight?
3. Who do the Wings of Shadow follow?
4. To what does Flannery compare a reader?
5. Why can Flannery no longer read?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)