|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies in the beginning of "Around an Empty Grave"?
(a) The main character's grandmother.
(b) The main character's sister.
(c) The main character's father.
(d) The main character's mother.
2. Where has "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon" been banned?
(c) On public transportation.
(d) New York.
3. Where is the woman from that is held in a chair, forced to read?
(b) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
4. Who has been determined to be the subject of Marana's letters?
(b) The reader.
5. According to Marana, who has kidnapped him?
6. What does Lotaria tell the third police officer to call her?
7. Which of the following do the man and Okeda discuss after he collects the items in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
(a) Food and drink.
8. What is the name of the version of Lotaria who has sex with the reader?
9. Who else has visited Flannery?
10. Who does the reader imagine is the woman Marana describes in his letters?
(a) The bookseller.
(d) A character from one of the novels.
11. What does the main character in "What Story Down There Awaits its End?" have to fight?
(a) The void.
(b) The Others.
(c) The future.
(d) The past.
12. From looking in Ludmilla's kitchen, what can the reader determine?
(a) Ludmilla eats out a lot.
(b) Ludmilla doesn't like to clean.
(c) Ludmilla cooks a lot.
(d) Ludmilla doesn't often have company.
13. What type of company did the man in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect" found?
(a) Protection against kidnapping.
(c) Protection against identity theft.
14. What does Lotaria tell the second police officer to call her?
15. To what does Flannery compare a reader?
(a) A wild animal.
(c) A vampire.
(d) A zombie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flannery find missing from his room?
2. What does the man realize while making love to Miyagi in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
3. Who once had a personal relationship with Marana, according to Irnerio?
4. In "In a Network of Lines that Enlace," about what is the man anxious?
5. According to Irnerio, where would Marana's former lover run to if he returned?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)