|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the man in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect" conceal his true self?
(a) Putting a fake persona out in the public eye.
(b) Concealing his images.
(c) Hiding from his family.
(d) Multiplying his images.
2. Who does Flannery mistake for somebody who wants to get to know him personally?
(d) The reader.
3. What is the man obsessed with in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect"?
4. What is Marana's goal?
(a) To kill Ludmilla and the reader.
(b) To read every book.
(c) To create falsehoods in literature.
(d) To rewrite every book.
5. Against whom does the main character in "Around an Empty Grave" prepare to defend himself?
(a) Dona Jazmina.
6. What does Marana often do to delay his submissions?
(a) He writes letters.
(b) He goes on vacation.
(c) He makes phone calls.
(d) He changes publishers.
7. What is the one thing Marana could not stand about his former lover?
(a) Her eating habits.
(b) Her writing.
(c) Her love of mysteries.
(d) Her reading habits.
8. To whom is the main character in "What Story Down There Awaits its End?" most similar?
(a) The reader.
9. In whom is Ludmilla currently romantically interested?
(c) The reader.
10. Who has been determined to be the subject of Marana's letters?
(d) The reader.
11. Who are those in "What Story Down There Awaits its End?" who want to tear down the world and bring it back up?
12. What is the name of the version of Lotaria who has sex with the reader?
13. Whose reading habits do those censoring novels have most in common with?
14. In Chapter 8, what type of book does Ludmilla like?
(a) Books that lie to the reader.
(b) Books that explore details about foreign countries.
(c) Books that create illusion around human relations.
(d) Books that use sensory details.
15. Who do the Wings of Shadow follow?
(a) Man of Shadow.
(b) Archon of Shadow.
(c) Bishop of Shadow.
(d) Archangel of Shadow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following do the man and Okeda discuss after he collects the items in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
2. Who once had a personal relationship with Marana, according to Irnerio?
3. In "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon," who is the young man's teacher?
4. It becomes clear that which character is writing the book we are reading?
5. Where is the reader when his book his confiscated?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)