|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon" been banned?
(b) New York.
(c) On public transportation.
2. What does Flannery try to leave out of his next novel?
(a) The invisible setting.
(c) The invisible I.
(d) A visible setting.
3. What makes the main character in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect" think he is going insane?
(a) Seeing his reflection on all sides.
(b) Seeing his family hurt.
(c) Being locked in a basement for days.
(d) Seeing his collection of items get destroyed.
4. What does OEPHLW stand for?
(a) Organization for the Electronic Production of Homogenized Literary Works.
(b) Organization for the Electronic Production of Hurtful Literary Work.
(c) Operations of Electronic Products Held in Literary Works.
(d) Organization of Each Person Having Lived Well.
5. Why does the Director claim to read?
(a) For knowledge.
(b) For pleasure.
(c) To find hidden meaning.
(d) To learn new words.
6. What are the two parts of the OAP called?
(a) Wings of Colors and Wings of Dull.
(b) Wings of Power and Wings of Repression.
(c) Wings of Shadows and Wings of Light.
(d) Wings of Freedom and Wings of Censorship.
7. What is Marana's goal?
(a) To kill Ludmilla and the reader.
(b) To read every book.
(c) To create falsehoods in literature.
(d) To rewrite every book.
8. According to Marana, who has kidnapped him?
9. Who is in the reader's dream where he is on a train?
10. From looking in Ludmilla's kitchen, what can the reader determine?
(a) Ludmilla doesn't like to clean.
(b) Ludmilla eats out a lot.
(c) Ludmilla doesn't often have company.
(d) Ludmilla cooks a lot.
11. Which of the following do the man and Okeda discuss after he collects the items in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
(d) Food and drink.
12. Who dies in the beginning of "Around an Empty Grave"?
(a) The main character's grandmother.
(b) The main character's sister.
(c) The main character's father.
(d) The main character's mother.
13. What is the name of the author who believes he was plagiarized by Flannery?
14. To what does Flannery compare a reader?
(b) A zombie.
(c) A wild animal.
(d) A vampire.
15. What does Lotaria tell the second police officer to call her?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does the girl who seems to be Lotaria tell the reader to call her?
2. Who becomes obsessed with a woman that he spies on through a telescope?
3. In whom is Ludmilla currently romantically interested?
4. Where is the reader when his book his confiscated?
5. What do both wings of the OAP have in common?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)