|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Lotaria, who will win as a result of the world's fakeness?
(a) The counter-revolutionists.
(b) The radicals.
(c) The government.
(d) The organization.
2. How does Flannery want his readers to read?
3. In "In a Network of Lines that Intersect," when the man's wife saves him, what is she holding?
(a) A knife.
(b) A bomb.
(c) A gun.
(d) A kaleidoscope.
4. Who once had a personal relationship with Marana, according to Irnerio?
5. Who becomes obsessed with a woman that he spies on through a telescope?
(a) The reader.
6. How does the young man feel about Makiko in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
(a) The young man only recently met Makiko and has mixed feelings about her.
(b) The young man is attracted to Makiko.
(c) The young man hates Makiko.
(d) The young man wants to teach Makiko to read.
7. Who dies in the beginning of "Around an Empty Grave"?
(a) The main character's father.
(b) The main character's grandmother.
(c) The main character's mother.
(d) The main character's sister.
8. Who does the reader imagine is the woman Marana describes in his letters?
(b) The bookseller.
(c) A character from one of the novels.
9. What does Miyagi want the young man to gather for them in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
(a) Water lilies.
(d) Small lizards..
10. Who are the people who have developed a system to write novels with less effort?
(a) The English.
(b) The Americans.
(c) The Japanese.
(d) The French.
11. In Chapter 8, what type of book does Ludmilla like?
(a) Books that explore details about foreign countries.
(b) Books that create illusion around human relations.
(c) Books that use sensory details.
(d) Books that lie to the reader.
12. What does OEPHLW stand for?
(a) Operations of Electronic Products Held in Literary Works.
(b) Organization for the Electronic Production of Hurtful Literary Work.
(c) Organization of Each Person Having Lived Well.
(d) Organization for the Electronic Production of Homogenized Literary Works.
13. Who is in the reader's dream where he is on a train?
14. In whom is Ludmilla currently romantically interested?
(b) The reader.
15. Which of the following do the man and Okeda discuss after he collects the items in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
(a) Food and drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does the girl who seems to be Lotaria tell the reader to call her?
2. Which of the following describes Ludmilla's book collection?
3. Who are those in "What Story Down There Awaits its End?" who want to tear down the world and bring it back up?
4. What makes the main character in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect" think he is going insane?
5. What does Marana often do to delay his submissions?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)