|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the main character in "What Story Down There Awaits its End?" have to fight?
(a) The past.
(b) The void.
(c) The Others.
(d) The future.
2. Who becomes obsessed with a woman that he spies on through a telescope?
(b) The reader.
3. It becomes clear that which character is writing the book we are reading?
4. Where has "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon" been banned?
(a) New York.
(b) On public transportation.
5. Whose reading habits do those censoring novels have most in common with?
6. What does Marana often do to delay his submissions?
(a) He writes letters.
(b) He changes publishers.
(c) He goes on vacation.
(d) He makes phone calls.
7. Who summoned Marana to break off translation of a novel at a suspenseful part?
(a) The inventor of Cimmerian language.
(c) The wife of the Arabian Sultan.
(d) The wife of the American president.
8. According to Lotaria, who will win as a result of the world's fakeness?
(a) The organization.
(b) The counter-revolutionists.
(c) The radicals.
(d) The government.
9. Who are the people who have developed a system to write novels with less effort?
(a) The Japanese.
(b) The English.
(c) The Americans.
(d) The French.
10. What type of company did the man in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect" found?
(b) Protection against identity theft.
(c) Protection against kidnapping.
11. To what does Flannery compare a reader?
(a) A wild animal.
(b) A zombie.
(c) A vampire.
12. Who once had a personal relationship with Marana, according to Irnerio?
13. Where does the reader find the key to Ludmilla's house?
(a) Under a plant.
(b) Under a mat.
(c) In the flower bed.
(d) In her car.
14. Where is the woman from that is held in a chair, forced to read?
(a) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
15. In "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon," who is the young man's teacher?
(c) Mr. Okeda.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the reader put in a prison run by revolutionaries?
2. Who do the Wings of Light follow?
3. Who dies in the beginning of "Around an Empty Grave"?
4. Which of the following does the girl who seems to be Lotaria tell the reader to call her?
5. What is the name of the woman being held hostage in "In a Network of Lines that Enlace"?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)