|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "What Story Down There Awaits its End?", where are the agents from who give the main character information?
(a) Section C.
(b) Section B.
(c) Section D.
(d) Section A.
2. Where is the reader when his book his confiscated?
3. How does the man in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect" conceal his true self?
(a) Putting a fake persona out in the public eye.
(b) Multiplying his images.
(c) Concealing his images.
(d) Hiding from his family.
4. It becomes clear that which character is writing the book we are reading?
5. Who summoned Marana to break off translation of a novel at a suspenseful part?
(b) The wife of the American president.
(c) The inventor of Cimmerian language.
(d) The wife of the Arabian Sultan.
6. What does OEPHLW stand for?
(a) Organization of Each Person Having Lived Well.
(b) Operations of Electronic Products Held in Literary Works.
(c) Organization for the Electronic Production of Homogenized Literary Works.
(d) Organization for the Electronic Production of Hurtful Literary Work.
7. Which character regrets meeting Flannery?
(a) The reader.
8. In "In a Network of Lines that Intersect," what does the underground want to do with the main character?
(a) Recruit him.
(b) Steal his money.
(c) Kill his mistress.
(d) Kidnap him.
9. What is the name of the woman being held hostage in "In a Network of Lines that Enlace"?
10. What is the man obsessed with in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect"?
11. What is Marana's goal?
(a) To rewrite every book.
(b) To create falsehoods in literature.
(c) To kill Ludmilla and the reader.
(d) To read every book.
12. Who does Flannery mistake for somebody who wants to get to know him personally?
(b) The reader.
13. Where is the woman from that is held in a chair, forced to read?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
14. In "What Story Down There Awaits its End?" why does the man want to erase the world?
(a) To get revenge on a world who has banished him.
(b) To hide banned literature.
(c) To hide himself.
(d) To limit the view of a woman.
15. Who is in the reader's dream where he is on a train?
Short Answer Questions
1. Snippets from whose diary are present in Chapter 8?
2. What does Marana often do to delay his submissions?
3. What are the two parts of the OAP called?
4. Who does the reader imagine is the woman Marana describes in his letters?
5. How does Flannery want his readers to read?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)