|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in the reader's dream where he is on a train?
2. Where is the woman from that is held in a chair, forced to read?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
3. To what does Flannery compare a reader?
(b) A vampire.
(c) A wild animal.
(d) A zombie.
4. What is the name of the author who believes he was plagiarized by Flannery?
5. According to Irnerio, where would Marana's former lover run to if he returned?
6. What does OEPHLW stand for?
(a) Operations of Electronic Products Held in Literary Works.
(b) Organization for the Electronic Production of Homogenized Literary Works.
(c) Organization for the Electronic Production of Hurtful Literary Work.
(d) Organization of Each Person Having Lived Well.
7. In Chapter 7, who is late for a meeting?
(a) The reader.
8. Who does Flannery mistake for somebody who wants to get to know him personally?
(b) The reader.
9. Who summoned Marana to break off translation of a novel at a suspenseful part?
(a) The inventor of Cimmerian language.
(c) The wife of the American president.
(d) The wife of the Arabian Sultan.
10. In "In a Network of Lines that Enlace," about what is the man anxious?
11. Of whom does Flannery become jealous?
(a) The reader.
12. What do both wings of the OAP have in common?
(a) They want to destroy Marana.
(b) They want to get a book published.
(c) They want to obtain a publishing house.
(d) They want to kidnap Ludmilla.
13. In "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon," who is the young man's teacher?
(c) Mr. Okeda.
14. What does Flannery try to leave out of his next novel?
(a) The invisible I.
(c) The invisible setting.
(d) A visible setting.
15. Where does the reader find the key to Ludmilla's house?
(a) Under a mat.
(b) In her car.
(c) In the flower bed.
(d) Under a plant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the reader when his book his confiscated?
2. From looking in Ludmilla's kitchen, what can the reader determine?
3. What is the name of Dona Jazmina's daughter?
4. How does the man in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect" conceal his true self?
5. In "What Story Down There Awaits its End?" why does the man want to erase the world?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)