|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the young man feel about Makiko in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
(a) The young man only recently met Makiko and has mixed feelings about her.
(b) The young man wants to teach Makiko to read.
(c) The young man is attracted to Makiko.
(d) The young man hates Makiko.
2. Where is the woman from that is held in a chair, forced to read?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
3. Who are those in "What Story Down There Awaits its End?" who want to tear down the world and bring it back up?
4. What is the name of the writer of "In a Network of Lines that Enlace"?
(a) Silas Flannery.
(d) Jack Silvo.
5. What is the name of the author who believes he was plagiarized by Flannery?
6. What is the name of the version of Lotaria who has sex with the reader?
7. Which character regrets meeting Flannery?
(a) The reader.
8. Who summoned Marana to break off translation of a novel at a suspenseful part?
(a) The wife of the American president.
(b) The inventor of Cimmerian language.
(d) The wife of the Arabian Sultan.
9. How does Flannery want his readers to read?
10. What is the one thing Marana could not stand about his former lover?
(a) Her writing.
(b) Her eating habits.
(c) Her reading habits.
(d) Her love of mysteries.
11. Who is the Father of Stories?
(a) An English storyteller.
(b) A Russian storyteller.
(c) An Indian storyteller.
(d) A German storyteller.
12. Why is the reader put in a prison run by revolutionaries?
(a) So he can escape.
(b) So he can read their literature.
(c) So he can be tortured.
(d) So he can be educated about the cause.
13. What does Lotaria tell the third police officer to call her?
14. Snippets from whose diary are present in Chapter 8?
(a) The reader.
15. Who is in the reader's dream where he is on a train?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Marana, who has kidnapped him?
2. Who do the Wings of Shadow follow?
3. In "What Story Down There Awaits its End?", what is the name of the woman the main character wants to see?
4. Which of the following is Calvino clearly against, as seen in the novel?
5. What is the man obsessed with in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect"?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)