|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the main character in "What Story Down There Awaits its End?" have to fight?
(a) The past.
(b) The void.
(c) The Others.
(d) The future.
2. According to Marana, who has kidnapped him?
3. What is the name of the writer of "In a Network of Lines that Enlace"?
(a) Silas Flannery.
(c) Jack Silvo.
4. Who is the Father of Stories?
(a) An English storyteller.
(b) A Russian storyteller.
(c) A German storyteller.
(d) An Indian storyteller.
5. It becomes clear that which character is writing the book we are reading?
6. Who dies in the beginning of "Around an Empty Grave"?
(a) The main character's mother.
(b) The main character's father.
(c) The main character's grandmother.
(d) The main character's sister.
7. In "What Story Down There Awaits its End?" why does the man want to erase the world?
(a) To limit the view of a woman.
(b) To hide himself.
(c) To hide banned literature.
(d) To get revenge on a world who has banished him.
8. What do both wings of the OAP have in common?
(a) They want to get a book published.
(b) They want to destroy Marana.
(c) They want to kidnap Ludmilla.
(d) They want to obtain a publishing house.
9. According to Irnerio, where would Marana's former lover run to if he returned?
10. Who becomes obsessed with a woman that he spies on through a telescope?
(d) The reader.
11. What does OEPHLW stand for?
(a) Organization of Each Person Having Lived Well.
(b) Organization for the Electronic Production of Homogenized Literary Works.
(c) Organization for the Electronic Production of Hurtful Literary Work.
(d) Operations of Electronic Products Held in Literary Works.
12. In whom is Ludmilla currently romantically interested?
(d) The reader.
13. What is the man obsessed with in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect"?
14. Whose reading habits do those censoring novels have most in common with?
15. In "In a Network of Lines that Intersect," what does the underground want to do with the main character?
(a) Kidnap him.
(b) Recruit him.
(c) Steal his money.
(d) Kill his mistress.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the man in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect" conceal his true self?
2. What does Miyagi want the young man to gather for them in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
3. What does Lotaria tell the third police officer to call her?
4. Who summoned Marana to break off translation of a novel at a suspenseful part?
5. According to Lotaria, who will win as a result of the world's fakeness?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)