|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two parts of the OAP called?
(a) Wings of Freedom and Wings of Censorship.
(b) Wings of Power and Wings of Repression.
(c) Wings of Shadows and Wings of Light.
(d) Wings of Colors and Wings of Dull.
2. Who started the OAP?
3. What is Marana's goal?
(a) To kill Ludmilla and the reader.
(b) To read every book.
(c) To create falsehoods in literature.
(d) To rewrite every book.
4. What is the man obsessed with in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect"?
5. What is the name of the woman being held hostage in "In a Network of Lines that Enlace"?
6. Which of the following is Calvino clearly against, as seen in the novel?
(a) Writing for pleasure.
(b) Reading for pleasure.
(d) Solving mysteries.
7. It becomes clear that which character is writing the book we are reading?
8. Where has "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon" been banned?
(a) New York.
(c) On public transportation.
9. Who are those in "What Story Down There Awaits its End?" who want to tear down the world and bring it back up?
10. What does Miyagi want the young man to gather for them in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
(b) Water lilies.
(c) Small lizards..
11. What does OEPHLW stand for?
(a) Operations of Electronic Products Held in Literary Works.
(b) Organization for the Electronic Production of Homogenized Literary Works.
(c) Organization for the Electronic Production of Hurtful Literary Work.
(d) Organization of Each Person Having Lived Well.
12. According to Lotaria, who will win as a result of the world's fakeness?
(a) The radicals.
(b) The organization.
(c) The counter-revolutionists.
(d) The government.
13. What do both wings of the OAP have in common?
(a) They want to get a book published.
(b) They want to kidnap Ludmilla.
(c) They want to obtain a publishing house.
(d) They want to destroy Marana.
14. What does Lotaria tell the third police officer to call her?
15. What is the name of the author who believes he was plagiarized by Flannery?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the young man feel about Makiko in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
2. In "In a Network of Lines that Intersect," what does the underground want to do with the main character?
3. Who is the writer of "What Story Down There Awaits its End?"
4. In "What Story Down There Awaits its End?", what is the name of the woman the main character wants to see?
5. According to Irnerio, where would Marana's former lover run to if he returned?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)