|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flannery try to leave out of his next novel?
(a) The invisible setting.
(b) A visible setting.
(d) The invisible I.
2. What is the name of the woman being held hostage in "In a Network of Lines that Enlace"?
3. What does Miyagi want the young man to gather for them in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
(a) Water lilies.
(c) Small lizards..
4. In "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon," who is the young man's teacher?
(d) Mr. Okeda.
5. Who is the Father of Stories?
(a) An Indian storyteller.
(b) A German storyteller.
(c) A Russian storyteller.
(d) An English storyteller.
6. Who does the reader decide to visit to determine which book is "In a Network of Lines that Enlace"?
7. What is the name of Amarant's mother?
(b) Dona Jazmina.
8. In whom is Ludmilla currently romantically interested?
(b) The reader.
9. Whose reading habits do those censoring novels have most in common with?
10. What is the name of the writer of "In a Network of Lines that Enlace"?
(a) Silas Flannery.
(d) Jack Silvo.
11. Who are those in "What Story Down There Awaits its End?" who want to tear down the world and bring it back up?
12. What is the name of the version of Lotaria who has sex with the reader?
13. Which of the following is Calvino clearly against, as seen in the novel?
(a) Solving mysteries.
(c) Reading for pleasure.
(d) Writing for pleasure.
14. In "What Story Down There Awaits its End?", what is the name of the woman the main character wants to see?
15. Why can Flannery no longer read?
(a) He lost his eyesight.
(b) He believes it is overrated.
(c) It makes him angry because it reminds him of Marana.
(d) He is an author.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "In a Network of Lines that Intersect," what does the underground want to do with the main character?
2. What is Marana's goal?
3. In "In a Network of Lines that Enlace," about what is the man anxious?
4. In Chapter 7, who is late for a meeting?
5. Who dies in the beginning of "Around an Empty Grave"?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)