|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else has visited Flannery?
2. Who does Flannery mistake for somebody who wants to get to know him personally?
(a) The reader.
3. According to Irnerio, where would Marana's former lover run to if he returned?
4. Who has been determined to be the subject of Marana's letters?
(b) The reader.
5. Who do the Wings of Light follow?
(a) Archangel of Light.
(b) Graceful Light.
(c) Angel of Light.
(d) Bishop of Light.
6. In Chapter 8, what type of book does Ludmilla like?
(a) Books that explore details about foreign countries.
(b) Books that create illusion around human relations.
(c) Books that lie to the reader.
(d) Books that use sensory details.
7. Where has "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon" been banned?
(b) New York.
(c) On public transportation.
8. What does Marana often do to delay his submissions?
(a) He goes on vacation.
(b) He writes letters.
(c) He makes phone calls.
(d) He changes publishers.
9. Which character regrets meeting Flannery?
(d) The reader.
10. From looking in Ludmilla's kitchen, what can the reader determine?
(a) Ludmilla doesn't often have company.
(b) Ludmilla doesn't like to clean.
(c) Ludmilla cooks a lot.
(d) Ludmilla eats out a lot.
11. What does Flannery try to leave out of his next novel?
(a) The invisible I.
(b) A visible setting.
(d) The invisible setting.
12. Which of the following describes Ludmilla's book collection?
(a) Large and taking up multiple shelves.
(b) Small but organized.
(c) Large but organized.
(d) Small and hidden.
13. Who does the reader imagine is the woman Marana describes in his letters?
(b) The bookseller.
(d) A character from one of the novels.
14. Who are those in "What Story Down There Awaits its End?" who want to tear down the world and bring it back up?
15. In "What Story Down There Awaits its End?", where are the agents from who give the main character information?
(a) Section D.
(b) Section C.
(c) Section A.
(d) Section B.
Short Answer Questions
1. In whom is Ludmilla currently romantically interested?
2. Of whom does Flannery become jealous?
3. What is the name of Amarant's mother?
4. In "In a Network of Lines that Intersect," what does the underground want to do with the main character?
5. How does the man in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect" conceal his true self?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)