|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does the girl who seems to be Lotaria tell the reader to call her?
(a) Mary Anne.
2. How does Flannery want his readers to read?
3. In "What Story Down There Awaits its End?" why does the man want to erase the world?
(a) To get revenge on a world who has banished him.
(b) To hide himself.
(c) To limit the view of a woman.
(d) To hide banned literature.
4. What do both wings of the OAP have in common?
(a) They want to destroy Marana.
(b) They want to get a book published.
(c) They want to kidnap Ludmilla.
(d) They want to obtain a publishing house.
5. Who dies in the beginning of "Around an Empty Grave"?
(a) The main character's sister.
(b) The main character's grandmother.
(c) The main character's father.
(d) The main character's mother.
6. Which character regrets meeting Flannery?
(b) The reader.
7. Who prefers a novel that makes a person uneasy?
(a) The woman on the beach.
8. Who has been determined to be the subject of Marana's letters?
(d) The reader.
9. In "In a Network of Lines that Intersect," what does the underground want to do with the main character?
(a) Recruit him.
(b) Steal his money.
(c) Kidnap him.
(d) Kill his mistress.
10. Where does the reader find the key to Ludmilla's house?
(a) In the flower bed.
(b) Under a mat.
(c) Under a plant.
(d) In her car.
11. Against whom does the main character in "Around an Empty Grave" prepare to defend himself?
(d) Dona Jazmina.
12. What does Miyagi want the young man to gather for them in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
(a) Water lilies.
(d) Small lizards..
13. Who once had a personal relationship with Marana, according to Irnerio?
14. Who does the reader decide to visit to determine which book is "In a Network of Lines that Enlace"?
15. What does Irnerio do with books?
(a) He reads them.
(b) He makes things with them.
(c) He burns them.
(d) He censors them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Dona Jazmina's daughter?
2. What does Flannery try to leave out of his next novel?
3. How does the young man feel about Makiko in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
4. In "In a Network of Lines that Intersect," when the man's wife saves him, what is she holding?
5. To what does Flannery compare a reader?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)