|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Marana's goal?
(a) To rewrite every book.
(b) To read every book.
(c) To kill Ludmilla and the reader.
(d) To create falsehoods in literature.
2. Who started the OAP?
3. Who becomes obsessed with a woman that he spies on through a telescope?
(c) The reader.
4. In "In a Network of Lines that Enlace," about what is the man anxious?
5. According to Lotaria, who will win as a result of the world's fakeness?
(a) The radicals.
(b) The government.
(c) The counter-revolutionists.
(d) The organization.
6. Against whom does the main character in "Around an Empty Grave" prepare to defend himself?
(a) Dona Jazmina.
7. Who prefers a novel that makes a person uneasy?
(c) The woman on the beach.
8. In Chapter 8, what type of book does Ludmilla like?
(a) Books that use sensory details.
(b) Books that explore details about foreign countries.
(c) Books that lie to the reader.
(d) Books that create illusion around human relations.
9. Snippets from whose diary are present in Chapter 8?
(b) The reader.
10. What does Lotaria tell the second police officer to call her?
11. What does Marana often do to delay his submissions?
(a) He goes on vacation.
(b) He writes letters.
(c) He changes publishers.
(d) He makes phone calls.
12. In "What Story Down There Awaits its End?", what is the name of the woman the main character wants to see?
13. Who are those in "What Story Down There Awaits its End?" who want to tear down the world and bring it back up?
14. Who has been determined to be the subject of Marana's letters?
(b) The reader.
15. Of whom does Flannery become jealous?
(d) The reader.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is Calvino clearly against, as seen in the novel?
2. What is the name of the writer of "In a Network of Lines that Enlace"?
3. Which of the following does the girl who seems to be Lotaria tell the reader to call her?
4. What is the name of the version of Lotaria who has sex with the reader?
5. What do both wings of the OAP have in common?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)