|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Dona Jazmina's daughter?
2. What does Irnerio do with books?
(a) He censors them.
(b) He makes things with them.
(c) He reads them.
(d) He burns them.
3. What do both wings of the OAP have in common?
(a) They want to destroy Marana.
(b) They want to kidnap Ludmilla.
(c) They want to obtain a publishing house.
(d) They want to get a book published.
4. What does Flannery find missing from his room?
(a) Pages from a manuscript.
(b) His collection of books.
(c) Family photographs.
(d) His personal documents.
5. Why does the Director claim to read?
(a) To find hidden meaning.
(b) For knowledge.
(c) For pleasure.
(d) To learn new words.
6. Where is the reader when his book his confiscated?
7. Who prefers a novel that makes a person uneasy?
(a) The woman on the beach.
8. Whose reading habits do those censoring novels have most in common with?
9. Who started the OAP?
10. According to Lotaria, who will win as a result of the world's fakeness?
(a) The counter-revolutionists.
(b) The organization.
(c) The radicals.
(d) The government.
11. What are the two parts of the OAP called?
(a) Wings of Power and Wings of Repression.
(b) Wings of Colors and Wings of Dull.
(c) Wings of Freedom and Wings of Censorship.
(d) Wings of Shadows and Wings of Light.
12. Who has been determined to be the subject of Marana's letters?
(b) The reader.
13. What transition does the reader take in Chapter 10?
(a) Problem solver to bystander.
(b) Man in love to man with hatred.
(c) Angry to content.
(d) Innocent to double agent.
14. What is Marana's goal?
(a) To rewrite every book.
(b) To kill Ludmilla and the reader.
(c) To create falsehoods in literature.
(d) To read every book.
15. From looking in Ludmilla's kitchen, what can the reader determine?
(a) Ludmilla doesn't like to clean.
(b) Ludmilla doesn't often have company.
(c) Ludmilla cooks a lot.
(d) Ludmilla eats out a lot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lotaria tell the second police officer to call her?
2. Why can Flannery no longer read?
3. Who else has visited Flannery?
4. Who are the people who have developed a system to write novels with less effort?
5. Who does the reader decide to visit to determine which book is "In a Network of Lines that Enlace"?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)