|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the man in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect" conceal his true self?
(a) Putting a fake persona out in the public eye.
(b) Multiplying his images.
(c) Hiding from his family.
(d) Concealing his images.
2. Who does Flannery mistake for somebody who wants to get to know him personally?
(d) The reader.
3. What is the name of Amarant's mother?
(d) Dona Jazmina.
4. Whose reading habits do those censoring novels have most in common with?
5. In "In a Network of Lines that Intersect," what does the underground want to do with the main character?
(a) Steal his money.
(b) Kidnap him.
(c) Recruit him.
(d) Kill his mistress.
6. In "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon," who is the young man's teacher?
(d) Mr. Okeda.
7. What is Marana's goal?
(a) To kill Ludmilla and the reader.
(b) To read every book.
(c) To create falsehoods in literature.
(d) To rewrite every book.
8. How does the young man feel about Makiko in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
(a) The young man wants to teach Makiko to read.
(b) The young man hates Makiko.
(c) The young man is attracted to Makiko.
(d) The young man only recently met Makiko and has mixed feelings about her.
9. What does Flannery try to leave out of his next novel?
(b) The invisible setting.
(c) The invisible I.
(d) A visible setting.
10. Who else has visited Flannery?
11. Which character regrets meeting Flannery?
(b) The reader.
12. What is the name of the version of Lotaria who has sex with the reader?
13. What does Flannery find missing from his room?
(a) His collection of books.
(b) His personal documents.
(c) Pages from a manuscript.
(d) Family photographs.
14. In "What Story Down There Awaits its End?", what is the name of the woman the main character wants to see?
15. What does Irnerio do with books?
(a) He reads them.
(b) He makes things with them.
(c) He burns them.
(d) He censors them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the main character in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect" think he is going insane?
2. Snippets from whose diary are present in Chapter 8?
3. Why is the reader put in a prison run by revolutionaries?
4. Which of the following does the girl who seems to be Lotaria tell the reader to call her?
5. How does Flannery want his readers to read?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)