|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the man in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect" conceal his true self?
(a) Putting a fake persona out in the public eye.
(b) Concealing his images.
(c) Hiding from his family.
(d) Multiplying his images.
2. Who does the reader imagine is the woman Marana describes in his letters?
(b) The bookseller.
(d) A character from one of the novels.
3. Snippets from whose diary are present in Chapter 8?
(b) The reader.
4. Why is the reader put in a prison run by revolutionaries?
(a) So he can escape.
(b) So he can be educated about the cause.
(c) So he can be tortured.
(d) So he can read their literature.
5. Why does the Director claim to read?
(a) To find hidden meaning.
(b) For pleasure.
(c) To learn new words.
(d) For knowledge.
6. In "In a Network of Lines that Enlace," about what is the man anxious?
7. What does OEPHLW stand for?
(a) Organization for the Electronic Production of Hurtful Literary Work.
(b) Operations of Electronic Products Held in Literary Works.
(c) Organization of Each Person Having Lived Well.
(d) Organization for the Electronic Production of Homogenized Literary Works.
8. What does Miyagi want the young man to gather for them in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
(a) Water lilies.
(c) Small lizards..
9. Which of the following describes Ludmilla's book collection?
(a) Small and hidden.
(b) Large and taking up multiple shelves.
(c) Small but organized.
(d) Large but organized.
10. In whom is Ludmilla currently romantically interested?
(a) The reader.
11. Where does the reader find the key to Ludmilla's house?
(a) Under a mat.
(b) In her car.
(c) In the flower bed.
(d) Under a plant.
12. To what does Flannery compare a reader?
(a) A vampire.
(b) A zombie.
(c) A wild animal.
13. What makes the main character in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect" think he is going insane?
(a) Seeing his reflection on all sides.
(b) Seeing his collection of items get destroyed.
(c) Being locked in a basement for days.
(d) Seeing his family hurt.
14. In "In a Network of Lines that Intersect," what does the underground want to do with the main character?
(a) Steal his money.
(b) Kidnap him.
(c) Recruit him.
(d) Kill his mistress.
15. It becomes clear that which character is writing the book we are reading?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who started the OAP?
2. Who is in the reader's dream where he is on a train?
3. Of whom does Flannery become jealous?
4. According to Marana, who has kidnapped him?
5. What do both wings of the OAP have in common?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)