|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "What Story Down There Awaits its End?" why does the man want to erase the world?
(a) To hide himself.
(b) To hide banned literature.
(c) To limit the view of a woman.
(d) To get revenge on a world who has banished him.
2. In "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon," who is the young man's teacher?
(d) Mr. Okeda.
3. What is the name of Dona Jazmina's daughter?
4. Who else has visited Flannery?
5. In Chapter 8, what type of book does Ludmilla like?
(a) Books that use sensory details.
(b) Books that create illusion around human relations.
(c) Books that explore details about foreign countries.
(d) Books that lie to the reader.
6. Why is the reader put in a prison run by revolutionaries?
(a) So he can be tortured.
(b) So he can be educated about the cause.
(c) So he can escape.
(d) So he can read their literature.
7. What type of company did the man in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect" found?
(c) Protection against kidnapping.
(d) Protection against identity theft.
8. In whom is Ludmilla currently romantically interested?
(a) The reader.
9. To whom is the main character in "What Story Down There Awaits its End?" most similar?
(c) The reader.
10. In Chapter 7, who is late for a meeting?
(a) The reader.
11. Who prefers a novel that makes a person uneasy?
(a) The woman on the beach.
12. It becomes clear that which character is writing the book we are reading?
13. Who do the Wings of Shadow follow?
(a) Archon of Shadow.
(b) Man of Shadow.
(c) Archangel of Shadow.
(d) Bishop of Shadow.
14. In "In a Network of Lines that Intersect," what does the underground want to do with the main character?
(a) Kill his mistress.
(b) Recruit him.
(c) Steal his money.
(d) Kidnap him.
15. Who is the writer of "What Story Down There Awaits its End?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thing Marana could not stand about his former lover?
2. Whose reading habits do those censoring novels have most in common with?
3. What is the name of the author who believes he was plagiarized by Flannery?
4. What does Irnerio do with books?
5. What does OEPHLW stand for?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)